Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Sexual Role Playing

Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #26
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale chuckled a moment as she made her comment about a friendship being destroyed over a woman. He sopped up a bite of bread with some gravy and tossed it into his mouth. He said, "I take it ... you have never been in love then?" He could see her defense raise and he raised a hand and said, "Not the lustful kind of a woman's hips swaggering towards you or the kind of love that can be paid for with coin."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a locket from his inside jacket and set it on the table in front of her, opening it. Inside, was a highly detailed sketch of Cat in one of her formal dresses. He said, "When I mean in love, I mean the kind of love where a man will walk across a blade of a sword barefoot to help her. A kind of love seems to lift you into an entirely new reality. The kind of love you realize you have waited your entire life for. The kind... that I had for her and I thought... she had for me."

He fell solemn a moment and then said, "The only thing that is stronger to a man isn't the high of falling in love... but the crash when you learn that love isn't returned. When you looked at your ship sinking under the water, take that sorrow and loss you feel, multiply it beyond measure and that is only a portion of the loss you feel when you lose the woman you love. I would have given her anything in my power, done anything on her slightest whim. I was ready to give up piracy for her and taken her anywhere her heart desired... with her slightest whisper to do so."

He could see his captive staring back at him and he reached for his ale again and said, "Until you have felt the high... and the inevitable crash after, don't talk about love as if you know anything about it."

Captain Vale's mood went a touch more somber before saying, "She had told me she wanted to move to the Virginian interior and live as a settler would. She told me she hated being around the water and wanted to give it up. When she met Bart, I guess she thought he would do a better job taking care of her. I figured he would take her into Virgina. When he stayed in piracy, it slew me because I know that wasn't what she wanted."

He realized he was saying too much now. Perhaps it was the drink that loosened his tongue. He said, "The thing is, I buried this flaming stuff years ago. Countless battles, thefts, attacks, ambushes, and kidnappings have buried the original reason so deep now that it doesn't really matter anymore. Which is why I need to finish this. I need to bring this to an end so I can move on with my life... perhaps move to the Virginian colony."

His eyes looked into hers a moment and it occurred to him just how much she looked like her mother.

IT may be between YOUR legs, but make no mistake IT belongs to ME!

The two favorite words that every true submissive wants to hear from their Daddy is... 'Good Girl'

You may be kneeling, naked, bound, and helpless before me right now, but I am your MAN to the very core always.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #27
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise scoffed, shook her head about the love comment. “I can’t afford to be weak. Women fall in love and cast their lots to the flames. I'm a woman on the seas, captaining a ship full of men. Love would be folly, weakness-and weakness means mutiny, successful mutiny means death or...worse.”

She felt a little weird that this man was carrying around her mother’s portrait and hating on her father like this. “It doesn’t sound like a high worth the risks. The sea is enough for me.” Elise said without judgement, frowning at the necklace, his words. Look what it had done to him, after all.

“I don’t know what my mother wanted.” Elise said, closing the locket with finality and holding it back out to him. Her eyes were on his a moment, honest. “But I can tell you that if she had still wanted that while with him, my father would have taken her there. He loved her.” She didn’t appreciate the insinuation that he had been selfish. She may have been young when she died, but she knew how selfless he could be, would be for her...it only stood to reason he had been the same for her mother, his beloved wife, the past love of Captain Vale. And there were Blevins’ stories.

“If anyone kept her from Virginia, it was probably me.” She said with soft sadness. A baby could change things, certainly. Elise drained the rest of her mug, setting it down with the same air of finality, hardening her heart to her own musings, to his. Back to business.

“It won’t end with you retiring to Virginia. You won’t defeat my father. Even with me as a pawn, you cannot possibly expect to succeed, even if he has been retired these past few years.”

She sounded assured, confident of this. “It took you three ships to sink me, and cost you one of them. My father is a better sailor and captain than the both of us combined. You will not kill him. Me, maybe, but not him.” Even if she had to remove herself from the equation, should it come to that.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #28
momadness
Literotica Guru

The Captain grinned and thought to himself knowingly. 'Good. She didn't know all his little secrets ... yet.' He said, "I must admit, you did show courage taking down one of mine even though the odds were against you. You were definitely worthy of the title of Captain for those actions. Of course, your ship is gone and what does the title Captain really mean... if there is no ship to Captain from?"

He said, "As far as your father goes,". He scoffed to himself and said, "There is another love more powerful than a love of woman. The love of a child. There is nothing a man wouldn't do to keep his child safe, including allow himself to be killed without lifting a finger. This really is your fault after all. For 15 years, I never could catch his ship much less sink it. It was known as the grey ghost for a reason. Not while he sailed it. Then he gives it to you and you destroy that vessel's reputation so quickly into your Captaincy."

Captain Vale stood up and walked towards her and offered his hand to help her to her feet. He said, "I might be able to be persuaded however to stay his execution by the same woman who holds it now." He moved in close to her, caught her scent which sent tingles up and down his spine.

He said, "But that is for another day. Tell me dear lady, have you ever danced before?"

The two favorite words that every true submissive wants to hear from their Daddy is... 'Good Girl'

You may be kneeling, naked, bound, and helpless before me right now, but I am your MAN to the very core always.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #29
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise's eyes narrowed. "It's a rank in most parts of the world. I have more than earned it. Deny me the title all you'd like, I know who-" Her eyes bored into his, strength of will and temper. "And what I am."

"This really is your fault after all."

Elise's face darkened. She wouldn't argue her father's competency further. Let him think himself a step ahead of her old man. Let him think she was incompetent. It would make it better when he found himself on the wrong end of a sword-either hers or her father's. God...she hoped her father was smart about this, didn't let emotions cloud his judgement. Surely not. But Elise was prepared to sacrifice herself if it came to it.

"I might be able to be persuaded however to stay his execution by the same woman who holds it now."

What the hell did that mean? Was he trying to coerce her? He certainly was a bastard, this Vale.

He came around the table and Elise rose to her own feet without accepting his hand. She didn't want to touch him anymore than she wanted to play his games. She'd eaten a few olives and drank the ale, but left everything else untouched-a mixture of guilt and defiance. "Well, lend me a sword and I'm sure I can be very persuasive." She said in a tightly controlled, neutral tone. And then he asked her about dancing, those vivid eyes briefly surprised and confused. What the...what the hell?

Elise felt trepidation, an inkling of danger. What was his game? Why did he constantly flip between insults and civility? Did he think her an addled minded fool? Was it her gender? Was it a game?

"No, and I don't aim to do so now with a man who continues to insult me." She responded slowly, wanting to step back away from him-but forcing herself to remain in place, back straight and her jaw set. He was much taller, much bigger than she was-her head was tipped back to eye him steadily, and while he did tower over the petite blonde captain-you would have thought it was she who stood over him. "...I could be wrong, but I don't think you'd ask another man that."

Old 07-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #30
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale smiled and actually chuckled, "Well, it was your pa that taught me how to dance. I figured you must know a thing or two...". He stared down at her and could see she was a coiled snake ready to strike! He stared into those beautiful eyes and could also see that deep past her bravado and desire to prove herself... way down where no one wants to go, she was afraid. A young attractive woman in the middle of a vessel full of men hungry to tame her fire.

He shifted his head slightly and said, "Well. Suit yourself. You know... it can't hurt your chances of getting off this ship if you were to say... humor the Captain some. But you seem to think that the only way you can prove yourself is by sword. Very well. Let's test your skill."

Captain Vale walked to his belt and cinched it in place. He then headed to his door and said, "If you will...". he opened the door for her and waited for her to leave his quarters. As they reached the main deck of the ship, he looked at his first mate and said, "Clear the deck. Move all the men to the upper decks for and stern. Your sword sir."

He grinned as he heard the first mate unsheath his weapon, flip it in his hand and offer the handle to his Captain. He smiled and drove the tip into the deck, letting it go with a flick. The Captain smiled and backed away and said, "Here is the deal and listen up boys." He spoke a little louder, "Sticks! That includes you too you old fart!" A group of men laughed and slapped the shoulder of a particularly elderly looking man with no teeth sitting on the deck trying to see out of his cataracted eyes. The man chuckled at his name with good humor.

He said, "Our dear lady Avery... oh... wait... former Captain Avery, believes she can best me in a fight of the sword. I have no doubt that I can best her. So ... here is what I am willing to wager, dear former Captain Avery, if you can best me in this friendly little duel, I will give you safe passage to Tortuga and you will be free to go. Hell, you can even go warn your Daddy of the danger he is in. just remember however, no killing each other. I would have to have my pretty skin scarred by your blade." Another chuckle came from the group.

He withdrew his sword and drove it into the deck as well and said, "Now... for this duel to be taken seriously you must accept my bet and I must accept yours. So... what will you wager...". He let his eyes move down her body and back to her eyes, "if I best you in this little game? Make it good. If I accept, we take our swords and the duel begins."

He stood there and waited, his eyes watching her intensely. He had NO doubt that she was incredibly good with a sword and had no doubt that she believed it about herself. What he also had no doubt in is that she believed she was better than him. There was one thing he did know for certain... there were no sure things and her overconfidence would be her downfall.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #31
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Yes. 'Humor' the Captain. He would probably very much appreciate it if she 'humored' him all the way to bed.

Bastard.

Elise's eyes widened at the end of his words however. Wait-what? Was he proposing a duel? Was he mad, or did he think so little of her skill? Maybe he thought Blevins did all the heavy lifting on her ship?

...good. Maybe that was good.

Cautiously, Elise moved ahead of him, forgetting her coat entirely and stepping outside the quarters, following after him with no small amount of confusion-even if she kept her face carefully passive, neutral. Without the jacket and with that loose shirt no longer tucked in to poof out and keep her femininity hidden-the fact she was a woman, and a pretty one, was plain to see, even if not scandalously revealed.

He disarmed his first mate.

Elise's heart picked up pace, the Captain thinking fast and hard about this turn of events. Blevins was locked up below decks, but the men had hesitated when she held their captain at gunpoint, earlier. Could it really be so easy to take the ship?

Doubtful...but perhaps not impossible.

"Our dear lady Avery... oh... wait... former Captain Avery, believes she can best me in a fight of the sword." His men laughed at that, most of them. Elise felt her face burn, glaring death into Vale. Sure. Friendly duel.

Her delicate features were drawn into a scowl, eyes flickering to the sword by her side, the gathered, watching men, the waves-and then Captain Vale himself, who sought to make a fool out of her.

"Tortuga? I thought we were going to-nevermind." Well, that put a serious dent in her plans. Of course-that's why the empty waves, he had sent his other ship. Smart. Bad news for her, but smart.

She drew the sword. He was several paces away, she would be able to do so before he could stop her for not placing her 'wager'. She had not missed his wandering gaze. Elise saw her own reflected gaze in the metal, her lips pursed and expression grim, thoughtful.

There would be a duel whether he liked her wager or not. Question was-did she kill him? She had no doubt she could. She was less sure of winning a drawn out duel. There was a reason she was so ruthless-at her size and being a woman, she had to be. Not to mention-she was exhausted. The attempt to flee the ships, the naval battle when she was finally forced to fight that doomed fight...she was worn down, worried for her father, worried for HERSELF, if she let herself think about her situation, and unwilling to wager anything she couldn't afford to lose. Still-her swordplay was nothing to discount.

But Blevins was below decks. He had told her that if she saw a chance, she was to take it-but...but she couldn't. Her own life she was willing to wager-kill or hold the captain hostage and if that failed-kill as many as she could before she was murdered. Force them to kill her, rather than hurt her. But Blevins...she could not risk them killing her father's old friend, her old friend.

Those brilliant eyes lifted to him, taking up her stance. "If I lose, you are more than welcome to slit my pretty throat." She blared, twirling the sword in her left, dominant hand. "That's the only wager I offer, but don't get your hopes up." She did not wait to see if he accepted terms. She had a sword, and she intended to use it.

They circled, and then the fight was on with a clang of metal on metal. Captain Vale was the stronger of the two and had better reach, but Elise was very, very fast and had quick, sturdy footwork. She was used to fighting with a rapier, but the sword was doing her just fine-she was skilled, darting in and away like that. He might be surprised at just how skilled! She knocked his blade wide and thrusted only to have to duck a swing, the two opposing captains circling one another, their arms and swords a blur and the sounds of metal, exertion, and taunts.

Were they fighting to the death, Vale might even get the notion that Elise would have already won. As it were, however-the smaller captain was starting to lose steam after a long bout of fierce fighting. They were both tiring, but she was weaker than he was given her gender-and starting to lose ground, still managing to parry, block and occasionally drive him a step back-but rapidly being backed towards the railing before-!

With a short hissed sound of pain her hand and part of her wrist were slashed, the sword dropping out of her hand only to be kicked aside by Vale. Before he could bring his sword to bear on her again, however, Elise curled her bloodied fist and with an enraged cry she threw herself at him, crashing into his chest and taking him down to the deck, his own sword lost to him as she rose up, her knees on either side of his chest-and decked him straight in the face. Once, twice-and then he caught her delicate wrists and used his superior strength and size to pin her to the deck instead, switching their positions with a red faced, angry curse from the woman.

Avery's daughter had fought hard and valiantly, but without the option to kill her prey, had lost the hard fought battle.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #32
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale's stared down at his conquest, finally in a position he could enjoy pinned to the ground, arms over her head, knees on either side of her waist pinning her hips to the ground! His forehead was slick with his sweat, he stared down at the exhausted woman who struggle in vain to knock him off of her. The Captain smiled and said, "Well... it would we have problem now don't we."

Horstap barked, "That we do Captain! That we do!"

"You mean he is going to slit her throat now?" a voice came from the pirates.

"Has to. It was all she wagered." another voice barked.

"Don't be daft! He won't do that to her." a third barked.

"Women is bad luck you know. Women is a curse." another spoke.

He looked down at her and said, "As much fun as it is to look down at you from his angle, if I release you, do you promise not to do anything stupid?"

Vale waited for her to get a grudging nod and then he let her wrists go and pulled himself to his feet, scooping up his hat, and two swords, tossing the first mate back his. When he spun back around, his prize was pulling herself up to her feet. She seemed to expose more of her neck as well.

The Captain said, "Horstap, tell us what problem it is we have now."

"Captain, you didn't agree to her wager before she attacked." The thick muscled man barked which was followed by a chorus of 'ohs and ahhs' from his crew.

Vale smiled and leaned up on mast and said, "I didn't agree to the terms. According to the rules, if a wager is not accepted by the winner prior to the fight, what happens?"

"Why Captain. If the wager was accepted and the fight was started. The winner gets to pick the wager on behalf of the loser. Captain. You get to do what you wish with her now... Captain." Horstap said with a dangerously suggestive tone.

Captain Vale smiled at his prize and said, "According to the rules of the spar, you offered wager I didn't accept before attacked me. I disarmed you before you went all bar room brawl on me which means I won that little battle not to mention the brawl afterwards."

He could see her mind processing what was happening or about to happen and chuckled as she stepped back into a railing in the middle of the deck. Her proud glorious front, he was finally getting to see some of the tiniest cracks in. He walked over to one of the pirates near him and pulled his sword off, then tossed it point first into the deck a couple of feet in front of her. He said, "So... my wager winning is this... If I win..."

He glanced back at the crew and even caught a look at Blevins in the group looking pale. It was obvious he knew the rules too. The Captain turned to Elise and said, "You join my crew."

Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #33
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

She growled, pulling hard at her hands, arching her back to try and get him off of her-but it was no use. Out of breath, angry, and having lost, she gave a begrudging nod.

He rose up, and Elise came quickly to her feet, holding her injured wrist and glaring at the gathered crowd of pirates, their banter not sounding much in her favor, that was for sure. She had lost. She doubted he would really kill her-she was a pawn to be used against her father, a hostage. If he did, she supposed he did. Better than the alternative.

"Captain, you didn't agree to her wager before she attacked."

Her pretty eyes narrowed on the first mate before shifting back to Vale. "You implied acceptance by fighting a spar instead of a battle to the death." Elise protested, somewhat...weakly, she'd admit. Should have killed him. There would have been no issues with wagers, then.

She realized Blevins was on deck now. What the hell-who had brought him up here? Why had they brought him up here? He would know she hadn't taken her chance, now. He'd know she was allowing herself to be controlled. Blast it all.

"You get to do what you wish with her now... Captain."

"The HELL he does!" Elise backed up a step subconsciously-and was immediately furious with herself for doing so. Vale smiled at her, and Elise began to feel a bit of panic, even if she kept it from her face, her body language as best she could. Her heart was pounding in her chest, her pulse loud in her ears. What did she do? She knew this had been a possibility, and she...she couldn't give in to fear. She would not.

The way behind her around the railing was clear. She could dart around it and jump overboard, swim down and down and down-no one would be able to catch her in time, not with enough air to resurface themselves. Drowning would be preferable. Or did she bide her time and tear his throat out with her teeth, should it come to it? He wouldn't hurt her. None of them would fucking hurt her. But what if he gagged her? How would she stop him then?

Vale threw a sword in her direction, the blade thunking into the deck and vibrating with a twang. Was this his final taunt? Giving her a weapon to try and ward off what he thought was inevitable?

She'd kill him. His guard was no doubt down having won the duel, but she would best him in a fight to the death, go down in blood and violence. Blevins would not blame her. He looked pale and dreading even now.

And then Captain Vale finished his wager-and Elise blinked, briefly struck dumb. Wait-what? "And help you kill my father?" She said incredulously.

Her eyes fell to the sword, then flickered back to him, trying to decide if he was toying with her or not. Blevins gave her a stern nod, and Elise straightened from her lowered, brawler stance, a frown. He was serious. Fine. She would play his game, for now. At least he was treating her like a capable pirate instead of a silly girl playing captain. Or maybe he was still making fun of her. She wasn't sure which.

She stepped forward and took the sword in her bloodied, stinging hand, hesitant only a moment longer before she gave a curt nod. "Have it your way, Captain." The word felt a little bitter in her mouth, calling him that not as a honorific, an equal-but as a superior. "But I should like to sleep in the brig, the key on my person." Not in the hammocks with the men-there were mixed stares about this development and it made her uneasy. They might not dare to challenge him openly, but she didn't want to wake with a knife in her ribs, or be forced to kill someone and have Vale toss her overboard.

"...if that would be alright." She added uncertainly. She was hardly in a position to make demands.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #34
momadness
Literotica Guru

Hidden within the crowd of hungry pirates, a voice came out, "Having a woman on this ship as crew is bad luck Captain!"

Another voice bolstered, "You will curse us with her. Throw her overboard!!"

Captain Vale turned his head slightly and looked at his first mate. Horstap barked, "Be SILENT, you fools!" The muttering of the crew grew into an uneasy silence. There was definitely a aire of danger growing on the vessel.

Captain Vale raised a hand as she finished her demand and said, "Hear this now! This woman is part of our crew, subject to part of our gains, and further subject to the law of the ship! If any man on this vessel go afoul of her anymore than they would any other man on this vessel, they will hang by the yardarm by that eve!"

He turned his back on the woman and stared into his crew, who refused to meet his eye. He said, "Make it note, any man...". He tilted his head to look at Elise a moment and then added, "Or woman on this crew who doesn't carry their weight, defend our ship, or fight for this crew will be seen as a traitor to the ship and thus given a traitor's death!"

He spun on his heel to face her and said, "Mark my words, I believe your father would suffer every bit as hard learning of your death than he would knowing you were a captive."

Captain Vale turned and looked to Blevins and said, "You sir. Come forward!"

He waited for the thick man to be pushed in front of him. He said, "Your former Captain... now serves as a member of my crew. She fights for me. I would make the same offer to you, however,". He glanced towards Elise and then back to him and said, "She may be on the crew, but trust her I do not. You will remain in the brig under lock and key until I order release. Take him away."

The crew grabbed the first mate and pulled him back as the big man barked something towards Elise before being dragged downstairs and out of site.

Captain Vale looked back to Elise and said, "It would appear... the brig is filled at the moment. None of these men would lay one hand on you, not under the penalty of death, will you boys?!?"

There was a hesitant and slow agreement. It was evident that none of the crew was too eager about following that policy, which was exactly what the Captain expected. He then looked over to Horstap and gave a knowing nod. He said, "You are more than welcome to take a hammock among the crew, knowing you are perfectly safe among my men."

He watched her face with the most intense gaze ever... and then said, "However, if you fear for your safety regardless, your crate with your personal items are in my quarters. You can ... share my quarters... with me. A Captain's honor that you wouldn't be harmed in there." Oh the look of burning rage filled those beautiful eyes!!! Absolutely glorious!!! He said, "I fear those are your only two options though... so make your decision."

Every eye on the ship was locked on her, hungrily mentally undressing her. Men licked their lips in anticipation of her decision. It was extremely clear that if she chose poorly, it would be highly unlikely she would live to see morning.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #35
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Oh, she was sure he’d love that. Elise scowled. “Guess I’ll take my chances, then, given you’ve made your orders so very clear.” She had no intention of sleeping in the hammocks. She’d find a place in the hold and rest up there, however uncomfortable it might be. She’d stay on deck until a good moment to slip away unseen. She was small enough she could find a place, she was sure. A light sleeper, too, thankfully.

Her eyes swept the crowd, hardened. “Hopefully, Captain Vale, I won’t be forced to gut anyone who tests me.” Her tone and eyes were threatening and serious. It made more than a few men step back with widened eyes. She had a way about her to inspire fear, it seemed. She had run a tight ship herself.

Those that remained staring at her hungrily unsettled her, deep in her heart where she refused to acknowledge it-but if Vale’s grip on his men was loose enough they would disobey his orders-perhaps she could take the ship after all.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #36
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale wasn't surprised to see her defiant to the end. He chuckled and said, "As you wish... Boys, BACK TO WORK!!!"

The ship continued it's westernly trek through the Carribbean relatively uneventful. Captain Vale issued a few more orders and returned to his cabin, cleaning up the mess and preparing for the evenings events. As the sun lowered, Horstap ordered keepers on the watch while the rest of the crew began to head below to get some rest and grab some chow. Salted pork and hard tac was the best this crew would get until they reachd shore which wouldn't be till morning.

The Captain smiled as he looked down at the little cot he had set up for her in the corner on the other side of her chest of items. It was really a shame she thought so single mindedly. He knew the crew would end up trying to get their claws into her. They truly were a crew who believed a woman, any woman was bad luck on a ship. He hadn't figured they would try to force themselves on her so much as put a knife in her back and leave her for dead which would mean that he would have to make an example out of the crew who would hide the identity of the killer.

The man picked up his mug of ale and took another swig, waiting for her to finally give up this stubborness and come stay with him in his quarters under his direct protection. He was about to lay down for the night, when he heard rapid stamping from outside his quarters and a thunderous knock on his door. He drew his dagger and said, "Who is it?"

"Captain! It's me. Horstap!!! Sir, you need to come below! We got a problem!!!" The first mate barked as he opened the door. His eyes were somewhat distrubed, but not overly panicked. For a moment, he glanced at the cot he had set up and then said, "You may be needing that after all Captain. Please... hurry."

The Captain worked his way down to the lower deck, the past the crew hammocks where very few of hsi crew seemed to actually be sleeping. He was led down two more decks to the deepest part of the hull, where the brig was! As he got closer, he heard his crew yelling, "Do it! Kill her! She be bad luck! Give up the sword! Give it up I say!!!"

Vale pushed through the group and was not entirely unshocked at what he saw!!! In the brig, Blevins lay on the deck, still shackled hand and foot and looking peaked. Two of his men held guns to the back of the man's head with hammers drawn! He shifted his head and saw Elise, uniform torn half off her delicate frame revealing way more flesh that any decent woman should. Her lip was bloodied, her cheek was swollen, and she held a long dagger at the throat of his second mate, Korbin who lay in a most awkward way on the deck! To make matters worse, two more of his men lay in pools of their own blood! Most of his men seemed crowded around the scene as spectators!

The Captain looked outraged as he barked, "What in the hell is going on here?!?!"

This caught the crew's attention as they shifted their eyes from their Captain to the woman to Blevins and. The shouting ceased and weapons were lowered. Horstap said, "Sir... According to Bills there,". He pointed to a heavy man with a thick salt and pepper beard, "Nichols and Parrot adn him were just coming to check on the new crewmember."

Bills barked, "Yeah Captain and this woman just attacked us for no reason sir!! I escaped, alerted the crew and well sir... we be trying to get her to stand down but she got Korbin sir... at knife point. She is a mad woman sir!!!"

Vale looked over at the clearly distraught woman and for a moment, thought he could see past her intense walls to a scared woman trapped. She would NEVER admit it though. He said, "I am guessing she just fell down over and over to get those injuries and her uniform torn up like that huh?"

Bills fell silent not wanting to admit anything else. Horstap looked at Blevins and said, "What happened to him?"

Horstap nodded and said, "They have been threatening his life if she didn't surrender."

"More than threaten it looks." Vale said as he said, "Men, get out of that brig... NOW!!!"

He watched as they looked at each other, the slowly tucked the muskets away and backed out of the cell. He turned and looked at woman and said, "Elise. I believe these men tried to attack you. I am shocked at their defiance of my command. Please. Take your knife away from my second officer. If anyone touches her, I will kill you all!! Horstap!"

The first mate barked, "yes sir."

"Secure Bills. I sentence him to death by hanging." The Captain barked.

Bills tried to back away but was stopped by the crew, disarmed and held at knife point!

Finally, he turned back to the woman, noticing she hadn't moved. He said, "My dear. I am trying to defuse this as best I can. I fear that if you don't let my man go though, I may not be able to stop them from coming after you or him. I ask you please. Give me the knife and let me get you out of here to my quarters where you are safe."

Old 07-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #37
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise had spent a bit of time leaning against the bars of the brig, informing Blevins about their destination-Tortuga, not Port Royale, and the kink it put in their plans. He was initially angry she hadn’t killed Vale during the fight, but Elise pointed out that without being close enough to also quickly kill the first mate, she doubted she could take control of the rowdy pirates and ship. The men seemed rather loyal to Vale.

He thought her wise for not staying in the Captain’s quarters, but was also anxious she’d been denied staying in the brig, where she could lock herself safely in and with her first mate to keep watch. She had scouted out a good hiding place in the Cargo hold-or what she hoped was a good hiding place, anyway. Unbeknownst to her, a certain pirate used it to skimp work.

Exhausted and unable to keep awake for a third night in a row, she bid her first mate a good night and slipped into the dark of the ship to the selected hiding place-leaning her back into the kiddie corner of two crates close to the hull of the ship, she rested her sword on her knees and tried to rub a kink out of her neck. She’d left her coat in the Captain’s quarters by mistake-and it was unfortunate, because it was rather cold down here-but she was tired enough to drift off anyway.

She was only asleep for an hour or so when she subconsciously heard the scrape of a boot nearby. Elise came back to her senses, admittedly a little groggy from sleep deprivation-and was alarmed to find three men turning the corner, stealthy as foxes but bearing a dim lantern.

She burst into action, getting only halfway to her feet before she was violently backhanded, knocked briefly down and against the crate where her head slammed painfully against the heavy wood, the woman dropping her sword. Someone grabbed at her delicate ankle and dragged her towards them, another man rounding around to step on her arm-Elise cursed foul, fiery oaths as she fought for her life, driving her other boot violently into the face of the man who had a hold of her ankle, free hand reaching up to dig painfully into the back of the man’s knee who stood on her arm. Having staggered them both she rolled sideways onto all fours, needing the sword she’d dropped by the crate- but then she was grabbed by the back of her shirt, yanked up before being slammed into the crate again, the pirate Captain stomping on the toes of the man’s boot.

This wasn’t enough, fist fighting them. She needed to fucking end this. Turning around only for the collar of her shirt to be seized, a ripping sound as it was torn open, Elise slammed back into the crate, this time the wind knocked out of her with an ugly wheeze. Damn it all to hell, this wasn’t going to go down like this-Elise brought her knee flying up into his groin. She abandoned the sword, the petite captain climbing up on the kneeling man and stomping off his shoulder to scramble over the crate, land heavily on the other side of it-and fleeing in the dark. No sword-but she had stolen a dagger from Vale’s quarters, earlier. It was tucked into her boot-he hadn’t even noticed. Little had she known he’d later give her a damned sword, but still.

She burst through the doorway and found several other men on that side of it. They seemed shocked but not immediately hostile-though Elise didn’t wait for them to decide which way the wind was blowing.

“Move!” Someone reached for her and she instantly had him by the hair, yanking him downwards to collide with the knee that flew up to meet him. Once, twice-blood and teeth and a broken nose before she shoved him into the others-drawing the dagger from her boot and turning to violently slash the throat of one of her pursuers.

It shocked them all-a woman had just killed a man. Bloody fucking fools-she was a goddamned pirate, and she wasn’t going to let them rape or kill her. She managed to burst through the rapidly growing crowd, the circle tightening around her as two of what she assumed were her original attackers also burst through, entering the circle with intent gleaming in their eyes. “Come on then!” Elise blared, her heart pounding. “Meet your death, you bloody damned pigs!”

One charged her and she neatly side stepped, elbowing him hard in the back-before stabbing into the chest of the other, withdrawing-and slicing his neck too. The tide was increasingly against her-the men’s shock wearing off as she turned to face the last-Bills, but he was backing away from her, finally seeing her as the threat she was.

“Do you understand? None of you. none of you stand a chance if you do anything less than blow my damned head off.” How many of them could she kill? She had to be dangerous enough they gave up thoughts of rape-though many of these men probably had no intention of that, given what had happened to two of their number. They no doubt would expect her to go for their eyes. Someone unlocked Blevins cell, the crowd parting-shit. God damned Vale, not honoring her request-

Elise darted a hand into the crowd, grabbing hold of a man and practically throwing him to his knees, surprisingly strong for such a smaller woman. She had a knife to his throat, standing behind him with her hand gripping his hair, standing on the back of one of his calves just as guns were drawn on her first mate. Blevins looked furious, murderous even. She had no doubt that given the chance, he’d strangle someone with his chains. Men were shouting, some angry, some more than a little panicked-and then they started demanding she surrender, or it was Blevins’ head that would be blown off.

The two holding him hostage seemed to give a damn about the man she had yanked from the crowd-someone who looked to hold some sway.

“Don’t you dare Captain, don’t you dare put that blade down-” Blevins voice boomed through and over the others, and he was right-she didn’t dare.

And then Vale showed up. Elise was relieved to see him-and then angry as hell about it, because she hated Vale.

They tried to lie, and Elise said nothing, just a growl-but she looked rough.Her shirt was torn open and hung off one shoulder to reveal a flat, soft, fair skinned stomach and shoulder, a delicate collar bone-and that her chest was bound, wrapped in a long strip of cloth to help conceal, her gender. Her long blonde hair was coming half undone from its braid and her eyes were angry, wild-and more than a little cornered, panicked looking, even if she kept an angry, murderous expression on her face, hid her fear. Clearly, they had put her through no small amount of trouble and she was merely retaliating.

Vale wasn’t fooled-he addressed her directly, but she didn’t budge. She...she wasn’t sure he wouldn’t feed her to the wolves, revenge against her, her father-or plain cruelty. She had killed two of his men, after all. Rapists, but dead all the same.

But then he sent Bills to be hanged, threatened the lot of them. Blevins was released. She briefly didn’t know what to do. She didn’t trust him. She was used to protecting, defending herself and ruthlessly so-and needing the protection of...of some man didn’t sit right with her, might not be wise.

But he was right. He could face a mutiny. She was exhausted, she was hurting, and now she was afraid to sleep. One man was better than a shipful of them-she could fend him off, if she needed to. Somehow, she almost believed he wouldn’t try to hurt her. She’d sleep on the floor, and at least there’d be a locked door.

“I...I want to keep the knife.” Her voice had lost the fire and the dangerous quality, sounding almost...well. She was not having a good time, was she? “I want either you or me to have the only keys to the brig.” She was so tired. To make these sound more like requests, she released the second mate, staggering back a little, a hand to her aching head. “Please Vale...Captain. I surrendered on the condition of his safety.” And she was afraid to be unarmed. She was too small to end threats on fisticuffs alone-though she had downed another man without knifing him.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #38
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale wanted to flail his arms in the air and scream!!!! What did it take to get through to this wench?!?! Of course, that wouldn't have made a good impression on his crew who were already on edge. He looked to Horstap and said, "Is our guest secure?"

"He is Captain." he looked to Blevins who was sitting in the cell now watching with fear in his eyes for the girl before him.

He said, "Give me the keys."

Horstap reached to the wall and pulled the thick iron key off the support and passed it to Vale. He looked at her and then tucked it into his coat. He said, "Korbin."

"Y...yes sir?" Korbin muttered still under the knife of Elise.

"You will sleep down here, next to Blevins. If that man dies, you die. Am I clear?" Vale said letting his eyes set on Elise. She looked so tired.

The wirey man glanced up at his captor and then back to his Captain and said, "yyy... yes sir. On my honor."

Vale spoke directly towads Elise and said, "You have proven your worth to me. I promise you have. I don't give a spot on my crew easy and you fought valiantly. But in the end, you are still alone, you are still a woman in a ship full of men, and you are exhausted. You will come to my cabin with me." He saw her eyebrow shift and he raised his hand and said, "For Christ's sake woman to sleep. That's all. I will watch over you as you sleep and keep you safe. My word of honor."

He could see hesitation in her eyes and he felt the frustration leak out in his voice, "What else do you have to go through to learn to trust someone. None of this would have happened down here just now if you have just trusted me with my wager! Trust me now. Men...". He shifted his eyes towards the crowd and said, "Get back on deck. Prepare Bills for his hanging. MOVE!!!!!"

The yell in the confined area seemed to startle everyone, including Vale himself. Horstap instantly turned and started pushing his men out of the area. Vale said nothing, nor gave an inch till the entire crew save Horstap, Korbin, Blevins, Vale and Avery were alone. The Captain said, "Trust me, young Captain. Please. That blade you have now was your father's. I stole it from him early in our career. He never knew I had it. It has never seen blood on it... till tonight. Don't make it shed anymore. Take the knife from my second officer's neck, put it in your boot, then take my hand and come with me. You have fought more fiercely than any I know saive the men in this room and you have won my respect. Now, allow me to prove I am worthy of your respect. Let's end this now and come with me." He spoke as calmly as he could muster for the frustration she had given him. He would ensure she remained safe no matter what it took... till the issue with her father had been resolved.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #39
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

It also wouldn’t have happened if you had let me lock myself in for the night. Elise thought angrily but she bit back on the words. She had insulted him in front of a few men earlier, calling him Lady Vale-but she wouldn’t openly disrespect him in front of his entire crew. That would be a foolish gambit, and were their situations reversed-she knew what she herself would do to reassert her control.

She had released the second mate already, but still held the knife, still looked to be on the offensive-when Vale addressed her again. It was calling her captain that did it. He had the keys to Blevins cell, he was allowing her to keep the weapon-her father’s weapon, apparently-and seemed genuinely impressed with her.

But it was calling her captain that truly convinced her that, in the very least-she need not worry for her safety tonight, should she go with him. He would be able to see the surprise and even the mild appreciation for the courtesy-the shift in her suspicions. She still didn’t trust Vale, exactly-he still wanted to murder her father, and very possibly her to finish his revenge-but she believed him when he assured her she would be safe to sleep in his quarters. He didn’t seem like a rapist, anyway.

Elise sheathed the weapon, some of the tension leaving her petite form. She had killed two men, wounded a third, and now the last of them was about to be hanged for the insult of disobeying his Captain and trying to hurt her. She ached from being slammed around but was, overall, in good health. It was lucky Vale showed up when he did, both for her and for his men. Elise had been prepared to go down fighting, and as she had evidenced-she was a woman to be reckoned with.

She frowned down at her ruined shirt, coloring slightly before she grabbed hold of one side of it and jerked it back up over her bare shoulder, holding the torn garment closed over her bound chest. She was lucky that was all they had managed, the shirt and the mild injuries to her head and face. She did not feel guilty for any of the damage she had caused in turn, for sure.

“On your honor.” Elise reminded him softly, both tired and a little wary- before following after the man she’d been accidentally confounding the past several months, beating to Spanish ships and envoys-the man apparently yearning to spill her father’s blood. Right now though, he was just a man who didn’t want to see her harmed, yet, and did not trust his men to leave her be. She was begrudgingly grateful for it-he was right. She was a woman on a ship full of men who would do her harm-and she could only kill so many of them, really.

Better to be behind a locked door, and thankfully-now only he had the key to Blevins' cell, no one could harm her first mate without his knowledge, either.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #40
momadness
Literotica Guru

The Captain finally got Elise back into his quarters relatively uneventful. He pointed towards a cot laid out for her which was tucked partially behind her chest of items. As he got inside the room and closed the door behind them, he said, "I am so sorry about what happened to you Elise. That kind of behavior is not acceptable on any of my ships with anyone, especially with my crew. You can sleep there if you wish."

He had a chinese folding panel leaned in the corner of the place and said, "If you want, set that up for some privacy and change into something else. I will have your shirts repaired when we get to Tortuga."

Captain Vale turned his back to her and slid off his coat, laying it on his chair behind the desk, unbuckling his sword and setting it next to his bed. He heard her scrape the panels around but chose not to look to give this woman a bit of privacy. He stared at the windows of the back of the ship and caught a glimpse of her naked chest save her bandages, and said, "Once you are done, I have some herbs that I can use to help your injuries."

Horstap tapped on the door and said, "Captain. Sir. Bills is ready sir."

"We will be there in a few." Vale said as he said, "If you want to witness this, you are welcome to it. Otherwise, I will take care of it in alone."

Old 07-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #41
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

"Your men seem loyal, Charles." She used his first name because he was using hers, and then regretted it. That was entirely too informal.

She was so tired and wasn't entirely sure how she wanted to treat him at the moment. He was the enemy. He may like to pretend she was here on invitation but she was his captive. And yet he had honored her two requests and seemed resolved, in the very least, not to let her be raped and murdered on his ship. Despite herself, she spoke to him as she would have Blevins-informally and without command or subservience, an equal.

"I understand why you didn't expect them to disobey. Wouldn't have happened if you had let me lock myself into the brig..." She tried to feel angry but didn't, pulling the offered screen out somewhat, tugging off her ruined shirt now that his back was turned. In the window, he'd see her toned arms and more of that soft pale skin, how small and delicately boned she was. Fragile, bruised rib cage, a pretty collar bone. It was hard to imagine just by looking at her that she could command a ship full of rough and ready pirates. Even under the guise of a boy. But he knew she was capable. Clearly her father's daughter in grit and steel, even if she did resemble her mother much more so.

"But thank you for ending the situation. I mean, I would have killed as many of them as possible, so saved yourself some men there-" She quickly added, not wanting to be too soft, tugging a new, loose red shirt on over her head, wincing as the collar brushed her cheek.

"But...thanks." She said softer, a hint of genuine gratitude before shaking what little remained of her braid out as she sat back on the cot, brushing the long blonde tresses out with her fingers. Rebraiding with quick, graceful fingers-her left hand bearing cloth bandaging from where he had disarmed her, earlier.

She was so tired. So very, very tired. Did she want to see Bills hang? Not really, no. She'd trust he was a dead man, as Vale had said he would be.

"That's alright. I hope he strangles." She said darkly, not a shred of mercy for the would be rapist. She had slaughtered his accomplices and would have happily killed him herself, also-but he had been too cowardly to face her, at the end.

If he left and came back, he'd find her in the cot and tucked in under her large blue captain's coat, her boots neatly on the floor, missing the dagger-probably on her person. She was curled partially up and didn't take up much space, the coat held close over her form, the collar covering her nose and mouth. Long, light colored lashes matched her hair and looked pretty against her freckle dusted cheek bones.

She didn't look very tough, asleep. Young, innocent looking-a sleeping beauty.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #42
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale returned from the hanging of Bills feeling pangs of regret. Bills had been one of those kind of guys where what he brought to the group always had outweighed what he had done. He was a brilliant swordman and cannoneer. He had never feared anything ever in his life. But, he had a hunger lust that was insatiable. When he went to shore, women were raped. Well, the life of that bittersweet man was over... his body slipping into Davy Jones locker.

As he stepped into his quarters, he noticed that Elise was laying there deep asleep, her jacket partially slid off her body and on the ground. He walked over, being extremely wary that she might misunderstand his motives as ill-intended. He knelt down and took the jacket and moved it back over her body.

He heard her jerk a moment as if she was going to wake but bone tired weariness kept her sleeping. Vale stared down at her for a long moment. She looked so much like her mother had. Her cheekbones were spot on, her hair the same. He couldn't help but reach down and gently caress her cheek so softly. She was angelic. He could really fall for this woman. But doubted she would him. She was his prisoner after all and bait to see her father Bart killed. It was such a tangled mess.

He pulled himself to his feet and whispered, "Dream sweet princess. Sleep deep. Your safe with me." He turned and walked around the cot to the door and locked it firmly in place. He then headed to his bed and took off his belt, then his shirt. he opened the window so the sound of the waters filled his ears, then laid down, one of his knives tucked under his pillow with his hand on the hilt.

It wasn't long before he was asleep too.

Sunlight caught his eyes first as he flickered them open! Movement was next and he darted hard, bring his dagger from under his pillow and thrusted forward at the person who was there at his bedside! He stopped the dagger an inch from Elise's neck! He said, "Can I help you?" Was she about to try and kill him? What was going on?

Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #43
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise paused, the pirate captain sitting on one edge of her cot, coat not yet on but folded over the foot of it, one of her boots on, the other half on, her fingers still around one cuff of the leather, her blue eyes puzzled on Captain Vale, who had a knife drawn on air.

"...no?" Her soft voice answered, a tilt of her head before she went back to tugging the boot on the rest of the way. "Bad dreams, Captain? With Blevins in your hold, you have little to fear from me."

Must have been something else. The woman stood, throwing her coat on around her shoulders, the blue material dwarfing her. She looked like a young boy again, if a pretty one.

"I think you've docked in Tortuga." She continued conversationally. "Since I doubt I get shore leave-what would you have me do today? I can mend sails and do a little carpentry, help re rope your rigging." A shrug. "I'll do anything but clean or tend to your cannons, given who you intend to use them on."

Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #44
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale got up and slid into his jacket, checking his pocket to make sure the key was still there. He then slid on his sword and tightened it down. He looked at her and said, "Your right about one thing. You are not to leave this ship. I know this ... killing your father thing... is a problem between us and I get it. I hope it doesn't spoil our friendship. Your cannons were remarkably good at shredding the foresail. Had to replace it after the fight. I want you to repair it. The sail is below deck as are the patchings. Get them and come back up on the main deck so you aren't cornered. Oh... also, there is plenty to eat here in the quarters if you want."

He knew it sounded as stupid as stupid could be, but there it was. He got up and shoving his feet into his boots and then headed out of his quarters and met with Horstap and said, "Status man."

The thick first mate glanced to his Captain and then to the woman leaving the room behind him and gave a knowing grin. He said, "Well, Captain. We are tied to the dock. The crew be chompin at the bit to go ashore. What will we be doing with her?"

"You mean out latest crewman? He will be repairing that sail that was damaged in the last fight. The ENTIRE sail. I will be back in a few hours. You will ensure she remains safe. Also, change out the guard on Blevins. He will remain our prisoner but safe. No one goes near him without my say... not even our newest crewman. You may give leave."

"Aye Captain." Horstap said as he turned and barked, "Pirates... We leave at dawn with or without you. Be back by on this ship ready to go by then! Be gone with you!!"

The men cheered on as they snagged their portions of the latest prize and headed onto the gangplank and into Tortuga. The Captain said, "I will be hiring a few new crewmen and acquiring supplies."

"Aye Captain." Horstap said as he watched Vale turn and leave.

As the Captain left, Horstap turned on Elise and said, "You heard the Captain. Get to your task!"

He watched her turn and leave to go get the sail out and start to work.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #45
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise worked as hard, if not harder, than any man on his ship. She never complained either, no matter what the task was-and she excelled at anything she did, on top of that. There hadn’t been any further problems with the crewmen-it helped she could be so intimidating, at times. It also helped she pulled her weight, and that either Vale or Horstap always seemed to be in the vicinity. Keeping an eye on her both for tricks-and ensuring her safety.

Really, she was being treated better than she had had any reason to expect.

The second night she hadn’t spoken to Vale hardly at all. He spoke to her, but she would only made noncommittal sounds, a nod here and there. The third was much the same-but by the fourth he had told her a harrowing tale of sinking a pursuing French ship-and Elise had, surprisingly, shared one of her own. Heavily outgunned, she had boarded the opposing French vessel with only a handful of men-fighting their way through until she was able to force the opposing Captain to surrender at sword point. Her voice was pleasant and relaxing to listen to, so it was no doubt welcome in the confines of his quarters.

The fifth night, surprisingly, she joined him in perusing some maps, adding a few coves and coral patches for him, relating another story or two related to them. She was very knowledgeable, which made sense-she was a sailor and had captained her own ship.

But Elise was always somewhat guarded, wary despite these increasingly common bit sof conversation. She had lost much of the hostility, in the very least. Neither one of them mentioned her father, which probably helped.

By the sixth and seventh days, she seemed to be getting a little tense again-she was a hard woman to read at times, save those expressive eyes-but she was even quieter than usual both that night and the morning.

An hour or two before sunset, it would become a little clearer why--it was not the St. James that returned with news or a captured Avery-it was a small sloop and a handful of his crewmen from the his missing ship, bearing a letter.

They seemed terrified-for they had failed in their mission. Spectacularly.

”Dearest Charles,

I see you are doing well out on the seas, commanding several ships-well, one less than before, I hear. Alas, it pains me to inform you yet another ship has been lost to an Avery-I thank you for the gift, as my gold reserves have been dwindling, and purchasing one might have taken some doing.

I must decline your invitation to be a guest on your ship. I wouldn’t wish to trouble you. Instead, I shall sail out to meet you under my own power, as I deem appropriate. I have never sought your destruction. Even my actions here pain me, despite your hatred, despite your bloodlust.

But I have been told you have something of mine...something most valued and treasured. I know you are no monster, Vale, but I also know my daughter. She cannot have made things easy for you, captured alive.

Whatever has been or would be done to her, I shall ensure you receive treatment in kind-ten fold. My patience is at an end. I am coming for her-for you if I cannot reclaim what is mine, my flesh and blood. Sweet Catherine’s flesh and blood.

The young captain Avery is clever, Charles. Unlike my days of piracy, of terrorizing every crown and country that dares to sail-she has proven herself useful to the British Crown. Did you not wonder at her targeting of Spanish ships and Spanish ships only? She has a writ. She’s a privateer, and valuable in this war of theirs.

Port Royale was close to me, this was true. But did you think she would betray me, under any threat? It is no home of mine. More importantly-it is full of her allies. Word was brought to me, and to the Governor there. I am coming for you, Charles, and with a small armada of ships. Not one hair on her head, Vale. Not one hair. Pray you have not already done the unthinkable.

For no matter where you might hide or attempt to waylay me, I shall find you. I can only hope you are prepared as I make my last, final foray into the seas.

Good luck to you, Charlie. I shall regret having to finally kill you.

Captain Bartholomew Avery”

There was a second, sealed letter within the one addressed to Captain Vale-this one for ‘Captain Avery’

“My dearest daughter,

It was with both a proud and heavy heart to pass the Windblade onto you, to watch you grow into the sailor and leader of men that you are. It was not a life I wanted for you, but your love of the sea rivaled and even surpassed my own. I knew I could not stand in the way of it.

I feared for your safety always, but I knew you were as capable as the rest of them. You are worth ten of any pirates or sailors, Elise. But the sea is full of dangers, particularly for a woman, even a woman such as you. Your being exposed was my greatest terror.

I am so sorry my heart. So sorry you have paid for my sins. I have no illusions you yet live-and yet I am a weak man, weak enough to hope against hope you yet survive. If you are reading this, know I am in pursuit with guns and ships, as much as I know rescue will offend your pride.

And if the worst has happened...if you were made to suffer due to the sins of your father-I shall obtain the revenge I know you would have rained upon them all, had you lived.

For revenge or rescue sweetheart, Papa is coming.

Be at peace.”

Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #46
momadness
Literotica Guru

Captain Vale laughed as he crumpled up the letter for himself and tossed it to Hostap! He turned his eyes towards Elise and said, "So... you lied from the very beginning. And here I thought we had come to an understanding about honor and integrity!" He pushed the letter to her breast and watched her snatch it away, actually papercutting him as she did.

Horstap read the first letter while Elise read the second one. He looked at the crew and said, "Well, boys... Do you know what we have here? I thought a mere pirate like the rest of us with no loyalties to anyone but her own! Rather... she sold her soul to the English! What we have here boys... is a English privateer!"

The crew began to bark to themselves and then back to Captain Vale about confirming this was a curse having her on the ship!

Horstap finished the letter and then said, "Captain. A word... in private!"

The Captain shot a dark look to his first mate and then nodded and told his men to keep an eye on the Captive. He was not sure why it stung so much to think she had lied to him! Port Royale was virtually untouchable anyways... She might as well had said he was living in China or Singapore or some other far away unreachable land!

As the two made it back to his quarters, Horstap said, "Captain. I have always stood by your side and obeyed every command you ever gave! But this vendetta of yours with Captain Avery is going to get us killed! If this letter be true, we are already dead!"

Captain Vale leaned on his table as his XO railed on him. After 5 minutes, the Captain said, "Are you finished?"

"Captain! I don't know if I can keep our men in line when they learn of this. They may be planning to throw us both overboard! What are you going to do about this?"

Vale laughed and said, "My dear friend. You have been my closest friend and ally through all our trials and tribulations. You have served me well and been well rewarded along the way. But you think not with your head at the moment."

Horstap glanced down at the letter and back to him and said, "Avery may be barreling on us as we speak if this be true. We only have this ship left Captain and have not the power to fight an armada!"

Vale glared at his XO and said, "Do we? Do we have the one ship? My friend. Where are we?"

"Tortuga Captain." Horstap said.

"And who is the Governor of Tortuga?" The Captain asked.

"Ponce DePionta." Horstap said calmly, not following the logic.

"Exactly. A Spanish governor who would very much like to get his hands on anyone who raises a sword to his people!" Vale said.

"Ahh... so you want to make a stand here... use their cannons?" Horstap said with a grin, liking the plan.

"That is part of the plan. I wasn't standing about getting drunk during my time off. We have a second ship. I bought a frigate, fully armed." Vale said and then added, "With MY profits, not the crew's."

"You did what?!?!" Horstap said and then realized he realized he had not used crew profits. He said, "So we have two ships. So what?"

"I want the crew to relocate to the Frigate within 6 hours. I want the prisoners moved too. We leave this bay south. I have a number of ... friends shall we say that would come to the help if we needed it. In the meantime, this ship will remain here... and used as bait... for this alleged armada to come in and destroy them... only to have the cannons turned on them." Vale grinned as he turned and said, "Now... get the crew moving... I have other business to attend to.

As the Captain came out, he felt a supreme hostile arrogance in his abilities once again. He said, "So... care to explain yourself to me... woman??!?!"

Old 08-27-2017, 11:39 PM   #47
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

Elise again wore the impassive mask as he read the letter, watched his face get redder and redder-now he knew. Her pretty eyes flashed not with temper but guilt-the barest of a flinch as he slapped the letter to her chest, not snatching it away-but catching it when he released it.

It was a letter for her, her name in her father's script. She held it tightly, set her jaw defiantly, and looked up to the taller Captain. "He's my father." Her tone was flat, yet still had the barest hints of emotion to it, of guilt. She felt no pleasure in her deception. She was... surprised and uncomfortable with how guilty she felt over it.

She tucked the letter in her coat, intent on reading it later. If she lived until later. Her brilliant blue eyes swept the crew as Vale spoke, the woman tensing within her oversized coat. He might make good on his earlier threats. She wasn't sure, didn't know.

Horstap wanted a word and the two men stalked off-leaving Elise on deck with a bunch of increasingly hostile men. She was still armed. The dagger, a sword. Her eyes followed a bigger fellow who was circling her, keeping his distance. "Nothing but an English whore, eh?"

"No, I am a Captain that made my men rich and kept them fed. Come closer, see which one of us is right." Her eyes gleamed mean and her tone was practically a growl. The big man hesitated, and suddenly Vale and Horstap were back, the first mate hustling the crew away and Vale towering over her, looking arrogant, mean, and hostile.

She bristled at his demand and the use of the word "woman".

"You were my enemy when I lied. Would you have given him up so easily?" She had mispoken. 'Were' an enemy? No, he WAS her enemy. Her father's enemy. These past few days, for a moment, she had nearly...forgotten? And the stories they had traded. Almost...friends.

But now here he was, no doubt ready to kill her or toss her to his men. What had her father written to him? What was he planning? What a fool she was to even have such thoughts-friends? She was a woman on the seas, she couldn't risk friends. Vale hated her father, and therefore her. Didn't he?

"Did you think me a coward, a weak willed woman who would betray her own father?"

Elise's eyes narrowed, utterly unafraid of him or any consequences for her actions. She was a sight-that defiant set to her jaw, the lift of her chin as she held his gaze, forced to look up at him given her petite height and frame. Her shoulders were square and her feet firmly planted. She was the picture of bravery. She looked much like her mother, but she had spirit and strength of will, hints of her father's bearing-and an altogether fire that was all her own.

She had protected her father. Whatever happened, whatever punishment Vale planned to dole out-she had done the right thing, remained loyal to the man who had taught her everything.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #48
momadness
Literotica Guru

Vale listened to her claim and gave a smile when she made her mistep. She had claimed 'were' her enemy, not was. Perhaps there was a wedge there he could drive into things.

He heard Horstap begin barking at the men to prepare to depart the ship and gather their belongings now! He caught her glancing about as Vale kept his jaw clenched and watched her intently. The rest of the crew near also watched to see what would happen. He felt surprisingly hurt that she would lie to him. He had thought he had gained some semblance of trust with her, but he guess wrong.

Vale said, "Horstap. Take this woman into custody again and take her to the new ship. Her comrade... her first mate... will remain on this ship. So... if this ship gets damaged... the only casualty will be her first mate. See to it!" He grinned as her jaw set about to get defiant on him and he said, "I made promise he would not be harmed and harmed he will not be... lest your own father decides to sink this ship. Then it will be your father who will wear that blood, not eye. I keep my word and thus you will to."

He saw her take a step and then he touched her shoulder and said, "You may not like me. You may think my quest is a fool's errand. You may think I am an imbecile even. What you cannot think of me is that of a liar. I have spoke truth to you from the start. You... have not. You... have no honor. Take her away Horstap."

Vale immediately turned his back to her, dismissing her almost as quickly as he faced her. He was afraid of what he would say to her if she knew how much he had been hurt by her lie. He would NOT let her gain that kind of advantage. Better not pursue anything with that woman... just let her go now and be done with it. No sense falling for a traitorous lying woman like her.

He turned and headed to his quarters to begin packing his things.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:11 AM   #49
Ambrosia_64
Literotica Guru

"I'm a pirate! You sunk my ship! Want to kill my father!" Elise burst, her own face reddening. "I owed you-" Owe, owe dammit- "Nothing but my ire, Vale! What honor would I have in the betrayal of my old man?" What had he expected? Was he angered at the lie, or angered that she had not confessed to it during their time together? Would he have?

Helped kill his own father? Risk rape at the hands of cruel men? Elise doubted it.

He intended to leave her first mate behind. This ship as a decoy? Would her father sink it without trying a boarding?

"You have no honor." Elise growled. "You pretend whatever you want-I was always your prisoner, a pawn in a game I had no part of, and now you kill Blevins through inaction like a coward."

Horstap had grabbed one arm and yanked her backwards, intent on fulfilling his orders. Elise ripped free and turned on him with a strike for his face-but Horstap was ready for her resistance, catching her wrist and kneeing her in the stomach. She was so much smaller than he was, after all-and wrenching her hands behind her back, he hauled her away.

//////////////////

Elise didn't even know how to feel, anymore. Blevins would either starve to death or drown in the brig. Vale could claim clean hands all he wanted-he had signed the man's death warrant all the same.

She hated him for it. She hated herself for thinking, even for a moment, that Blevins would survive, that Vale would keep his word. She should have shot him and fought to the death with his men. It would have surely been a better fate than whatever would happen to her now.

And exchanging stories, talking with him-how could she? He wanted to kill her father over a woman who could damn well make her own decisions. Did she think she could really what, be friends? Hell and rot, she had been a fool.

Elise ceased her pacing and finally fell against the wall in the corner, sitting there with her head in her hands. How could she have lost her ship but fail to die with it? How could she have let Blevins be killed? How could-she growled at herself. It did nothing to worry now. It was all forfeited.

She remembered the letter, and drew it out of her coat to read it.

By the time she was finished, she was even closer to tears. Her poor father. He was letting weakness and love cloud his judgement, was bent on rescue or revenge. Vale would exploit it. She doubted he could win against her father but...

Elise kissed the letter, a small moment of weakness of her own. She tucked it back away in an interior pocket, over her heart. No, she had done the right thing. Vale could think whatever he wanted-he was the enemy, and he had wanted her to be cowardly and traitorous to her father.

He had wanted her to choose to be loyal to him instead of Bart Avery.

She grit her teeth. He could rot. They could all rot. She would get out of this, either through death or escape, one way or another. And if he had really left Blevins on that ship? Gone against his word?

She would kill him, or die trying. He was determined to murder those she loved, and she wouldn't allow it to go unanswered.

Elise didn't sleep that night. She was anxious and worried-but also angry. It was an anger that kept her awake, kept her watchful, kept her planning an escape.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #50
momadness
Literotica Guru

After Horstop returned had stowed away the prisoner within the new ship, he ordered two guards to stand watch, and took the keys with him so she couldn't get out nor they in. He returned and began overseeing the transfer of all the goods and wares from one ship to another.

As he walked up to the Captain, he said, "Sir. Begging your pardon, but ... are you really going to leave Blevins down there? I mean... it's brilliant and all.. takes your responsibility off your neck while making her stay true to her word but I mean... Captain... I am sure that that would ... change things if you know what I mean?"

"What are you blabbering about man? Out with it old man." Vale said as he barked, "You there! With the barrels... don't you drop that!"

Horstap raised his thick hand to the back of his head and said, "Well Captain... I mean... I seen the way you look at her... and ... well... I seen the way she look at you?"

Vale spun on him in a heartbeat and barked, "If you think for a moment there is anything between her and I other than rage and anger, then I will eat my boot!!!"

Horstap nodded and continued, "Sir. I mean... if you are saying it ain't so then it ain't so... but the men... they see what I see Captain... and they be talking. Talking about your fitness for being Captain sir."

"What?!?! Your serious man? I came up with a brilliant strategy to get us out of this hot water.." Vale started and froze as Horstap barked, "That you put us into to begin with ... Captain! Sir."

This caught the eye of a few crew as they moved cargo off the boat. Vale fell silent again. His XO was right after all. He wanted to run a sword through the man at the moment but by god he was right. He looked out towards sea and felt his XO walk up next to him watching the same water. Vale sighed and said, "Your right. Old man. You are right. What should I do?"

"Well Captain. If you want to end this feud, then let her go and we sail away. Perhaps that would be enough to have this Armada back down. The other option..." Horstap froze as the Captain raised a hand.

The man said, "I won't kill her. She is not a bad person, just caught in a bad situation. She is one hell of a pirate and I won't kill her."

"Of course not. What I was going to say... is marry the woman." Horstap said.

"HA!" Vale laughed hard, catching several of his men's eyes before slapping his XO on the back and said, "Your not serious are you? Wait..." He looked at his XO and said, "You are serious. Your insane. That woman wants to kill me!"

"Because you want to kill her dad! How would you feel if the role was reversed!?!? Everything she did was to protect her crew, her first mate, and her father. She has ample chance to run away while in port and has never taken a step off this ship. She has even begun to turn the minds of your men. They like her. I think they would accept this." Horstap said, "You would have to get her to say yes though... and the way I see it, we sail in 10 hours... I would suggest you make it so... unless you choose to free her instead."

Vale stared out at the sinking sun before he sighed again and said, "I... think it is a bad idea." His tone sounded more like a child pouting than anything else.

Horstap reached into his pocket and pulled out the cell key and said, "She is waiting for you. May I suggest... flowers. Dames like flowers Captain."

Vale stared at him a long moment before snatching the keys away and said, "I can't believe I am doing this."

Horstap smiled and said, "Sir. If I may be so bold... umm... I believe a good gesture would be...to let her first mate go."

"Are you freaking kidding me?!!?!" Vale barked before running an hand over his exasperated face and finally saying, "Fine... Let him go."

Vale turned and headed to the gangplank and down onto shore. He looked back at Horstap and said, "I ain't getting her no frickin flowers though!"

The XO merely laughed as he turned and began barking orders once again to the men.

-- 1 hour later --

Captain Vale had wandered about the town for a while trying to wrap his brain around what he was trying to do. Horstap was right... but... he wanted the old man Avery dead so bad it hurt. But... doing that... why was what he thought of Elise so damned important to him anyways? Why did it matter?

As he reached the gangplank to the frigate, he walked up onto deck and saw Blevins standing there with two guards flanking him, unshackled. His heart raced. He did want to do this... but... damn it why did her eyes haunt him so much? He looked to his guards and said, "You can go. Get back to work, we sail at dawn." The men nodded and raced off the ship to get back to loading it.

He looked to Blevins and said, "I am letting you and Elise ... Captain... Avery... go."

"Why are you doing this?" Blevins spoke as he crossed his tattooed arms in front of his chest.

"Because I am a bloody fool I guess." He said, "Stay here."

Captain Vale headed down into the lower decks of the ship and saw her sitting in the cell, strangely enough, playing some kind of card game with the men as they sat on the floor laughing and dropping coin.

As they saw him, they scrambled to their feet, grabbign their guns and saying, "We was um... You know..."

He saw Elise reach to the pile of coin and paper and pulled it to her, tucking it in her pocket before slowly rising to her feet.

Vale smiled slightly and said, "You can go help the rest of the crew load the ship. Get to it."

The men glanced at each other and then raced away, scrambling top deck. Vale looked at her who had put on a very calm face, crossing her arms too. He heard someone coming down from above. He pulled out the key and unlocked the door, letting it swing open.

Blevins dropped onto the deck and stared at him, then her, and back to him. He said, "Well... he's free. So are you... but I ain't buying you no freakin flowers. You can leave."

She didn't move. He looked up at her as she stared at him with doubt but saying nothing. He said, "Well. You got what you wanted. You are free. Get off my ship! Take him with you. He has bad breath anyways. Go! I saw you got some coin. You two can take the sloop your Dad was so kind to provide and head back to him if you want. My feud with him is over. What are you staring at? GO!"

He didn't know what to think of things... but... damn it she had beautiful eyes... and that smile was to die for... but... why was she smiling? Oh... about to make fun of him or something... He braced for impact...