Literotica Illustrations - Need Pre-Launch Submissions & Testing!

Manu,
I do erotic art similar to old-style pinup cartoons. I don't know if that fits your guideline exactly but I am willing to send samples.
 
Ok, Manu —
It's been seven years in beta, this is gonna be really good, right.;)

yeah, yeah, I know, there are higher priorities and all.:)

voting?
scores? (at least that would function as gross "filter", of sorts)
search functions?
categories (sorta like with stories...subject matter. and/or by technique)

I understand that vetting is difficult, but there are a few folk who seem to be posting other people's works

I'm not a fan of utilizing three filters on porn photos to create "art", but there it is anyway. Not sure if anything *can* be done about that.
 
As I have been re-testing uploading/submissions, I have been noting the so called "Hall of Fame"
I'm not clear on what the criteria are.

One has to look for:
Illustrations by Category
and click on:
Erotic Art - Erotic artworks & illustrations. (2033) [or Adult Comics]
then scroll down
beyond
Random Erotic Art

attachment.php


Then below that is:
More Erotic Art Hall of Fame
which gets you to:
attachment.php


currently Number One is:
with 3 comments, 39,006 view, 19 favorites
(actual scores on ANY image are simply X.XX)
attachment.php


Number Two is:
with 0 comments, 15,577 view, 1 favorites
attachment.php


Number Three is:
with 1 comments, 15,054 view, 1 favorites
attachment.php




Looking at top three, one might think..."OH, the number of Favorites determines ranking." However, there are lower ranked images with WAY more than 19 favorites.

Number four for example:
with 6 comments, 46,655 view, 21 favorites (not "way" more in this cae, but I have seen 40 favorites)

So are the invisible votes the criteria?
I wouldn't think so, just looking at the top 50.
Unless some of those folk enlisted their entire extended families to vote. Some I can see as being populist-popular, but there are works, that even to untrained eyes should rank higher.
 
Last edited:
nope.

fail.

I reckon that most folk who submit images there, hope to have them seen, and appreciated (measured in comments, favorites and votes).

The search function is mostly non existent. Having some sort of categorization would help. Most folk don't search by title, so the alphabetized search has limited value. Best to name your image with a punctuation or low number as the first character.
for example:
attachment.php


Images are most likely to be seen during their "new" status. This last Friday there were ten new ones, which were only "new" for a day, as on Saturday ten more bumped them off.

IF one knows about , or happens to stumble on, the TWO categories: "Adult Comics and "Erotic Art", and clicks on one, you'll find a longer list of "new" posts.

Votes still do not register. x.xx
 
Last edited:
YOU HOO, Manu!

Are you still working on this, Manu, or has it been handed off?

"participating in beta" is having some bugs (reported it)— it seems that 1-5 voting (and favoriting) only works while participating in the beta (selected via profile settings) HOWEVER, in the past several days no art work appears while in beta-testing (so there won't be many votes).

And finding the option to switch that is not obvious.


Go to your own profile and click on "options"
attachment.php


and THEN click on "My Options"
attachment.php


THEN near the bottom are the "yes" and "no" radio buttons to select participate in beta-testing. Then Save Changes.

"yes" has offered the ability to vote (1-5 stars) — it seemed that in the "no" mode, votes did not stick.

attachment.php


Today's example (seems to be regardless of the user or image)

With "yes" beta-testing, no image. So no one will likely vote unless they are REALLY motivated to jump in and out of Beta testing or can IMAGINE the bestest (or worstest, or middling) image.:rolleyes:

attachment.php


with "no" beta-testing, image, but no voting. It seems(you can click on the stars and it says "thanks for voting") that you have voted, but it does not stick. And the heart (for favorites) does not function at all.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.07-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.07-AM.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.30-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.30-AM.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.44-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.11.44-AM.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.10.32-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.10.32-AM.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.12.22-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.12.22-AM.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Update:
received a response from Manu:

It should be fixed either tomorrow or early next week on the BETA pages.

The BETA page should show the images better in the future, since it will be responsive and better for mobile.


fingers crossed.
 
Hey Manu~

Any progress on search functions, including categories (subject and technique/medium)?
Another big help (likely more problematic to implement) would be thumbnails.


Ratings?

Best that I can tell, 1-5 star scores do not stick unless one is participating in beta (which is really buried). Folk THINK they are voting, but not really.
 
I also noted that I was getting notices of some of my illustrations being favorited — then digging deeper finding that they did not appear in the lists of favorited illustrations on their profiles (even after considerable lag time)
 
Hey Manu~

Any progress on search functions, including categories (subject and technique/medium)?
Another big help (likely more problematic to implement) would be thumbnails.


Ratings?

Best that I can tell, 1-5 star scores do not stick unless one is participating in beta (which is really buried). Folk THINK they are voting, but not really.

I don't know why you bother, it's nearly as bad as Deviantart round here.
 
I don't know why you bother, it's nearly as bad as Deviantart round here.

*shrug*

If I do nothing, there is less of a possibility of anything happening.


It took me years to get The Visual Artists Corner, but it happened... eventually.


I gave up on deviantart, because it was far from "deviant" — waaaaay too restrictive
 
*shrug*

If I do nothing, there is less of a possibility of anything happening.


It took me years to get The Visual Artists Corner, but it happened... eventually.


I gave up on deviantart, because it was far from "deviant" — waaaaay too restrictive

I post regular, non erotic pictures on there myself, cartoon caricatures, etc.

It's depressing to see what's happened to Deviantart. Of course having "core membership" (paid membership) always gave you more access and privileges on the site, but it was perfectly possible to thrive just fine on there without it, but not now...if you're not "Core" your uploads get no exposure.
 
Last edited:
Periodically Checking

Looked in on the "up front" erotic art section — again.

Clear the Desk
My most viewed (149,622), most favorited* (55) and most voted on (7. one new vote of 3 :rolleyes:)


So favoriting does not correlate with votes. I suspect that a few more than the 7 did vote, and I would think that a favorite would garner a 4 or 5, maybe. I realize that it is unlikely that all 55 would not vote and that some folk vote without favoriting (could be any score, of course). I feel that beta feature funkiness is a huge factor — folk THINK they are voting (because there are the 1-5 stars to click on) and the votes don't stick.

*I also noted that when I get notice that someone has favorited, that still does not show up in their list of favorite illustrations (even taking into account update lag time)

I'm not motivated to upload any more images.
 
LookI realize that it is unlikely that all 55 would not vote and that some folk vote without favoriting (could be any score, of course). I feel that beta feature funkiness is a huge factor — folk THINK they are voting (because there are the 1-5 stars to click on) and the votes don't stick.
Yes, I reckon one of the story sweep elements impacts illustration voting badly. The time on page would be very short with illustrations, and my guess is a time parameter kicks in and kicks votes out. It's very low priority for a fix, I'm guessing.
 
I gave up on deviantart, because it was far from "deviant" — waaaaay too restrictive

I came here from deviantart. I mean I'm still over there but I just recently had 4 of my "deviations" removed for deviating from the rules, despite me censoring the explicit bits..soooo....

Anyhow, this site is kinda...well, meh for art interactions. its kind of a waste of time to post illustrations over in the main area. It says the stuff is viewed 16 thousand times or whatever...and it gets two comments, one fave and three ratings. Are you telling me 15,994 people looked at the drawing and didn't interact at all? What a crock of shit.

This area is slightly better. People sometimes comment or message. Seems the view count is still off. And it's hard to get into a thread that's been going on since 2011 or whatever.

Is there another site for erotic art networking? I'm about to give up here. Lol.
 
I came here from deviantart. I mean I'm still over there but I just recently had 4 of my "deviations" removed for deviating from the rules, despite me censoring the explicit bits..soooo....

Anyhow, this site is kinda...well, meh for art interactions. its kind of a waste of time to post illustrations over in the main area. It says the stuff is viewed 16 thousand times or whatever...and it gets two comments, one fave and three ratings. Are you telling me 15,994 people looked at the drawing and didn't interact at all? What a crock of shit.

This area is slightly better. People sometimes comment or message. Seems the view count is still off. And it's hard to get into a thread that's been going on since 2011 or whatever.

Is there another site for erotic art networking? I'm about to give up here. Lol.

Reddit might be worth a try?
 
...Are you telling me 15,994 people looked at the drawing and didn't interact at all?...

About ratings, that's probably caused by the simple fact it only works with BETA features active, so most of those given by those using the old layout will not be registered...at least there is some hope for that.

The other thing, it's a quite general site not really focusing on one particular variety, which means there's a lot on showcase. So, part of the general audience will just be not into something particular any one of us releases here. Sad, but true.

It might help a bit to encourage people to leave a comment: "Would love to read your thought in the comment..." Being social, as you already do here, helps as well. Accumulate some followers and the feedback will increase, even though that's still the members...

And since we're talking about other sites, I put some of the more subtle stuff on tumblr...zero outcome! You're popular if you're popular...art is an art, and promoting even more. So, keep feeding us with eye-candy, please.
 
Back
Top