Literotica Illustrations - Need Pre-Launch Submissions & Testing!

These are a sample of the kind of work I do; what think?

I like number 25, but I'm not a big fan of the other two pieces. That's just my opinion. 25 seems to have a good understanding of porportion and anatomy. I would like to see you add some shading and perhaps a background to give it more depth.

Good work, Pilip.
 
Sorry for my slow replies, everyone! We've had an issue with one of the servers that we've been dealing with. It has nothing to do with Illustrations, but it's taking up much of my time. I'm hoping it will be resolved in the next few days.

In the meantime, both neci_please_me and pilip have been added to the approved submitters list. You can both submit illustrations here!

Also, we've fixed a couple of reported bugs with Illustrations, so things are still moving toward the public launch.

More updates very soon! :D
 
Manu, would it be possible to have thumbnails of each picture, so that people can preview the image at a reduced size?
 
erotic artwork

Hi Manu, I'm a painter and have some art work I would love to submit. See the example in my profile pic.
Thanks
Marguerite.
 
Hi Manu, I'm a painter and have some art work I would love to submit. See the example in my profile pic.
Thanks
Marguerite.

Thank you, Marguerite! Just added you to the approved submitters list. :D
 
Manu, would it be possible to have thumbnails of each picture, so that people can preview the image at a reduced size?

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now, we create smaller versions of the illustrations that are approximately 500 pixels wide to show on the main page of each illustration submission. Do you mean that we might want to show even smaller thumbnails?

Our thought was that most people should be able to handle 500 pixel wide pics pretty easily, even on smart phones. If they like the submission and are interested in seeing bigger versions of the pics, then they can click to see a higher resolution version.

Or, did you mean that we should show a thumbnail along with the listing on the Hub page? Like here:
http://literotica.com/i/
I think that could be a good idea for the future, to allow people to get an idea of what the submission looks like. Although, I'm sure that small thumbnails won't be great for some types of submissions, for example comic strips with lots of detail and text.

Definitely interested in knowing where you were suggesting smaller thumbnails would appear and thanks again!
 
Hi Manu, Kristy here again. I submitted two extra illustrations last week, but they don't seem to have been added to /i/ as a far as I can see. I was wondering if they were rejected, and if so, for what reason(s) were they considered unacceptable? It might be an idea to discuss content and quality issues prior to the official launch.

Sorry it took so long to reply to this. Apparently, your submissions might have accidentally got caught in one of our systems to try to prevent problems with text stories. If someone submits a large number of works at the same time, we ask that they confirm that they are all their own works. The logic is that it takes some time to write stories, and if someone suddenly submits 100 stories, there is a higher chance that they could be copied from another site. Of course Illustrations is a new feature, so we should be expecting large numbers of submissions, but it's sort of an automatic system created for the text submissions. If any of your illustrations are still not approved, please check your control panel to make sure there isn't some kind of link to click or something. Sorry again about the problem, we are still working out all of these little issues. :D
 
Hi am am new to the site but would be very interested in submitting some art work.

Added you to the approved list, you should see the Illustrations section in your control panel under "Submit" now.

Please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!
 
I put this in my title information when I submitted a piece a moment ago, but would it be possible to add in a section where artists could post work size and medium? Just a thought.
Thanks!
 
Hey Manu, sorry to jump in off subject, but haven't seen an update on the Chat status in quite a while; is that permanently down, or a work in progress? Couldn't find any info anywhere, hate to bother you, thanks for any info or help...
 
I'd like to submit some things, I did notice that illustrations don't come up on the authors submission page, presumably that's something that will be taken care of at full implementation.

On that subject, in general, I notice members profile pages don't always include a link to their submissions page, you have to do a nick search to see if they have stories - is that deliberate?
 
I put this in my title information when I submitted a piece a moment ago, but would it be possible to add in a section where artists could post work size and medium? Just a thought.
Thanks!
Good point, I think the whole site is geared a bit more towards amateurs, but a comment section for each piece would be de rigueur for most pro's or aspiring pros - I know a couple guys over at Fet for example that do some fantastic work in depreciated mediums like daguerreotype for example.

I know a lot of people don't their work being lifted, which happens here to stories supposedly - I assume Lit has agreements with other websites, somebody has to pay the bills, and within reason it's a reasonable price to pay for site membership and a chance to get your work seen, most Image sites like Deviant do that, but it's not real clear to me how the licensing works here, ideally, if a particular content providers work is in demand, there should be some way to turn that into opportunity for that content provider.

Just general musings.
 
Nor am I saying I'd like to see the site inundated with pros - for the most part I prefer the charm and creativity of the brut enthusiast over slick production values and glib art school product, some of this stuff belongs in the MOMA. :)
 
Good point, I think the whole site is geared a bit more towards amateurs, but a comment section for each piece would be de rigueur for most pro's or aspiring pros - I know a couple guys over at Fet for example that do some fantastic work in depreciated mediums like daguerreotype for example.

I know a lot of people don't their work being lifted, which happens here to stories supposedly - I assume Lit has agreements with other websites, somebody has to pay the bills, and within reason it's a reasonable price to pay for site membership and a chance to get your work seen, most Image sites like Deviant do that, but it's not real clear to me how the licensing works here, ideally, if a particular content providers work is in demand, there should be some way to turn that into opportunity for that content provider.

Just general musings.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments! :D

As far as licensing, we don't have any agreements with anyone. Some specific audio submitted to the site used to be published on one other website, but we clearly stated that on the audio submission page and that is in the process of being discontinued anyways. If you see stories here being published on other sites without the author's permission, definitely let us and the authors know and we'll do our best to stop them. It's almost impossible to stop 100% of content theft on the internet, as anyone who has ever posted anything online knows too well - pictures, videos, artwork, stories, etc.

As far as the suggestion by Marguerite01 of adding a place to include meta data on the artworks, are you both suggesting some kind of specific defined fields that would appear along with tags? There is an "intro" field now where you can enter any text you want, but it does not allow easy searching/sorting that way that a specific dedicated field might. I can definitely see how a "medium" type field could work, but I'm not as sure about a "size" field, because I think many people work in digital.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
 
New here to the site but I would like to post some art work that I do

Thank you, you are now on the approved list! You should see the submission link in your control panel. :D
 
I'd like to submit some things, I did notice that illustrations don't come up on the authors submission page, presumably that's something that will be taken care of at full implementation.

On that subject, in general, I notice members profile pages don't always include a link to their submissions page, you have to do a nick search to see if they have stories - is that deliberate?

For right now, the Illustrations don't show up on submission pages, but it's already been added to the code. We just need to flip the switch once we're sure it's all working and that the servers will be able to handle it. We just added a new machine to the front end, so hopefully we can roll the Illustrations out to a wider audience soon.

As far as the other comment, about submissions not showing on some author pages, please send me a link anytime you find that to be true. If an author has submissions, they should always show on their member page. The only exception could be when an author submits her/his first story, it could be a few hours between when the story is approved and when it appears on their author page.

Also, maybe I shouldn't mention it yet, but we are working on a massive update to the member pages. That update should speed up the rate at which new submissions show up on your author page. Still not sure when that will be live on the site, but definitely before the end of the year unless there are any major tech problems.
 
No, it that the authors/submission page doesn't show on the member page, or it does on some, but not others. I assumed you had to explicitly link to it, i.e., the people who do link to it, it's usually listed under "homepage", I just wondered if that was deliberate, for people with alts they write under wanting to keep their forum personae and their authors personae separate.

It's no big, I can understand if someone wants to do that, it would just be easier to find somebodies stories from the forums since if there's no link in their sig or on their member page, it's like two websites, I have to open up the home page from google, and do a search on their forum nick.

Anyway, I think it's cool that there's going to be an image category, I did suspect you guys might have had a licensing agreement with Adult friend finder, they used to have those pages with a short story, a "user testimonial", and a thumbnail gallery, I guess I was wrong, but it is kind of an interesting format in any case, that was sort of the way I've been leaning lately, in terms of the illustrated story category, I just don't know how the attachments are manged here w/respect to clickable thumbnails.

As for theft, it's pretty much the same everywhere, it's just the risk you take posting anything online, Fet did the disable right click thing (which also disables my image zoom), but I don't think you can disable Ctrl c, i.e., it inconveniences the casual "borrower", but there isn't much you can do against the determined image snatcher except watermark your own stuff.
 
I have some artwork I'd like to publish on Literotica. How do I submit it?

Hi MawrGorshin! I just added you to the approved list, so you should be able to submit from your control panel here.

Once the submissions are approved, they will appear here:
http://www.literotica.com/i/

We are getting ready to roll the Illustrations out to a wider audience, so hopefully all of the early submitters will get some extra attention from being first.

Thank you! :D
 
Hi MawrGorshin! I just added you to the approved list, so you should be able to submit from your control panel here.

Once the submissions are approved, they will appear here:
http://www.literotica.com/i/

We are getting ready to roll the Illustrations out to a wider audience, so hopefully all of the early submitters will get some extra attention from being first.

Thank you! :D
Am I right to assume that the pictures can be as explicit as we like, provided that the lovers are 18 years old or older, and not animals?
 
Back
Top