Literotica Illustrations - Need Pre-Launch Submissions & Testing!

Manu

Just A Test Title OK
Hello Literotica Artists -

I know that it's been a while since we've updated you on the long-promised Literotica Illustrations feature. Sorry! There have been lots of upgrades going on behind the scenes to make Literotica faster & more stable for the future. Some of those upgrades had to be done before we could roll out Illustrations. Finally, though, we have reached a point where we think we're ready to launch the Illustrations section.

So, we need your help! :heart:

Launching Literotica Illustrations without any illustrations might be a little strange for readers/viewers. So, we are looking for anyone who is interested in making some pre-launch submissions.

Even though it's not officially launched, you can check out the Illustrations sections on the site by going to this link:
http://www.literotica.com/i/

There are currently two categories:
- Adult Comics
- Erotic Art

We were thinking of two simple categories for launch - one that is for single image submissions (Erotic Art) and one for multiple-image submissions (Adult Comics). That said, we are open to suggestions for improving those ideas.

There are a few submissions in each category now, but most of them are just test submissions. There is one real submission from THROBBS, but it was submitted a while back - before a lot of things were fixed and improved.

If you are interested in making real submissions that will (eventually) be seen by real users, please let me know in this thread. Anyone who is interested will be given access to the Illustrations submissions section. You can then take a look at it and make sure it works for you, offer suggestions, etc.

This will be a learning and growing process for all of us, so please have some patience. We don't expect the Illustrations section to be a hit overnight, but with 1,000,000+ people reading stories on Literotica everyday (and the number of visitors continues to grow), we strongly believe that this new part of the site has the potential to find a huge audience in the coming years!

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions with the development of Literotica Illustrations over the last months (or has it been years?) and let's get this launched! :D

Oh yes, I am interested. I've given serious consideration to doing some erotic illustrations and this would be the inspiration I need to procede. Feel free to PM me.

Medium: Graphite (sometimes Charcoal)

Hi, Kristy here. I'm very interested in contributing artwork to the Illustrations section. Here are a few examples of my work, you're welcome to add them to /i/.

tornado2.jpg

windy02.jpg

caught01.jpg

BLUSH.JPG

cherri.jpg

BTW, authors: all of my art is licensed under a CC license, meaning anyone can use it. If you see something you'd like to include with your fiction, you're welcome to add it to your story.

Bye, Kristy. :):):)

I'm very intersted in this

I was also thinking - maybe you could create a subsection for anime-style artwork. I know there are a lot of people who dabble in hentai and they would probably be interested in contributing their work to this site.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the replies!

I have sent you each a PM with info on how to submit any illustrations that you might be interested in submitting. If you do make any submissions during the test period, I'd really like to get feedback on how you think the submission process can be improved.

We are very close to launching Literotica Illustrations on the live site, but getting some extra feedback from artists before we do would be great.

As far as adding a Category for Manga/Anime, it sounds like a decent idea. I definitely know people who are really into that style of art.

Thanks again and looking forward to any comments/feedback you might offer. :D

I submitted a few through the last link you gave me. They say they are pending so I assume it still works.

Hi, Manu, Kristy here again. I just uploaded an illustration to /i/, and I have two suggestions to make regarding the submission form.

First, I'd like to suggest adding a licensing option for people who wish to release their work under CC-BY-SA 3.0. That way, artists may choose to make their work available for re-use by other users.

My second suggestion regards the category options. Perhaps you might add a few more categories, such as hentai, 3D rendered, animated gif, etc. I was also wondering if it will be possible to upload amateur flash files? Flash can be used to create interactive stories and games, so it might be a nice addition to the site.

Anyway, hope these suggestions prove useful to you. Cheers, Kristy. :):):)

Hi, Manu, Kristy here again. I just uploaded an illustration to /i/, and I have two suggestions to make regarding the submission form.

First, I'd like to suggest adding a licensing option for people who wish to release their work under CC-BY-SA 3.0. That way, artists may choose to make their work available for re-use by other users.

My second suggestion regards the category options. Perhaps you might add a few more categories, such as hentai, 3D rendered, animated gif, etc. I was also wondering if it will be possible to upload amateur flash files? Flash can be used to create interactive stories and games, so it might be a nice addition to the site.

Anyway, hope these suggestions prove useful to you. Cheers, Kristy. :):):)

Thanks!

As far as the first suggestion, it's definitely something that we've considered for the site in general. We would need to get a lawyer to make sure how it all works properly, on top of the minor tech modifications, but we'll certainly consider it for the future.

As far as adding more categories, I definitely agree that we need more. But, with the testing phase, and so few submissions at this early stage, I was thinking we might wait a little longer to add more. We'll probably get a better idea of what artists are creating - and what categories make sense - once we see more and more submissions. But, again, I agree. :D

Animation is something we are interested in for the future. I'm not sure if Flash is the best format or not. It seems like everyone is getting into HTML5 recently, and we are currently re-working our mobile site to use more HTML5 (because it's friendly with the iPhone as well as Android and Windows Mobile). I guess most artists are still using Flash now, so I guess we'll have to see where things are when we get to that point. Again, it's a good suggestion and something we need to think about.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

FYI, we've just posted a link to the Illustrations section on the front page of the site. Hopefully we'll get a few more people involved in the testing and then get ready for the public launch.

:D:D:D

Hi Manu,

I'd like to submit some erotic art I've been working on.

Thanks!
Cherry

Hi Manu,

I'd like to submit some erotic art I've been working on.

Thanks!
Cherry

Thanks, you've been added to the approve submitters list! :D

If you go to your Submissions page, you should see Illustrations along with Stories and Poems now.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

I've got several drawings in pencil that would work well for this. Many of the originals are not mine but all of the drawings are done by me. I would very much like to post them here. I have a few of them on deviant art already but because they are not PG you have to be a member to see them. awisehobo if anyone wants to check them out.

As to some of the other comments I'm not sure the other categories would add much, and may hinder the site overall. This site has really good erotica, flash games do not have that reputation and are easily on sites already well known for flash.

Thanks for the comments. I have added you to the Illustration submitters list, so you should see Illustrations in your member control panel now. You can also just go directly to this link.

If you have suggestions to improve the Submissions process, especially in regards to your experience with DA, please do let me know!

:D

I've got several drawings in pencil that would work well for this. Many of the originals are not mine but all of the drawings are done by me. I would very much like to post them here. I have a few of them on deviant art already but because they are not PG you have to be a member to see them. awisehobo if anyone wants to check them out.

As to some of the other comments I'm not sure the other categories would add much, and may hinder the site overall. This site has really good erotica, flash games do not have that reputation and are easily on sites already well known for flash.

Hello Literotica Artists -

I know that it's been a while since we've updated you on the long-promised Literotica Illustrations feature. Sorry! There have been lots of upgrades going on behind the scenes to make Literotica faster & more stable for the future. Some of those upgrades had to be done before we could roll out Illustrations. Finally, though, we have reached a point where we think we're ready to launch the Illustrations section.

So, we need your help! :heart:

Launching Literotica Illustrations without any illustrations might be a little strange for readers/viewers. So, we are looking for anyone who is interested in making some pre-launch submissions.

Even though it's not officially launched, you can check out the Illustrations sections on the site by going to this link:
http://www.literotica.com/i/

There are currently two categories:
- Adult Comics
- Erotic Art

We were thinking of two simple categories for launch - one that is for single image submissions (Erotic Art) and one for multiple-image submissions (Adult Comics). That said, we are open to suggestions for improving those ideas.

There are a few submissions in each category now, but most of them are just test submissions. There is one real submission from THROBBS, but it was submitted a while back - before a lot of things were fixed and improved.

If you are interested in making real submissions that will (eventually) be seen by real users, please let me know in this thread. Anyone who is interested will be given access to the Illustrations submissions section. You can then take a look at it and make sure it works for you, offer suggestions, etc.

This will be a learning and growing process for all of us, so please have some patience. We don't expect the Illustrations section to be a hit overnight, but with 1,000,000+ people reading stories on Literotica everyday (and the number of visitors continues to grow), we strongly believe that this new part of the site has the potential to find a huge audience in the coming years!

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions with the development of Literotica Illustrations over the last months (or has it been years?) and let's get this launched! :D

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Manu. Definitely interested in putting in some things, especially the comic section, as I'm working on an erotic comic idea at the moment and it'd fit well with the story-driven engine of Lit as a whole.

I have an art thread I haven't updated in a million zillion years due to laziness, life and various distractions, but I like the nature of this definitive section a bit better, especially if you'll be formally hosting the images and size constraints won't be as restrictive as regular uploads.

Thanx once again! ;)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Manu. Definitely interested in putting in some things, especially the comic section, as I'm working on an erotic comic idea at the moment and it'd fit well with the story-driven engine of Lit as a whole.

I have an art thread I haven't updated in a million zillion years due to laziness, life and various distractions, but I like the nature of this definitive section a bit better, especially if you'll be formally hosting the images and size constraints won't be as restrictive as regular uploads.

Thanx once again! ;)

Thank you. I just added you to the submitters list so you should see it in your control panel now. I'm definitely interested in knowing your feedback on the system if you end up submitting a comic that has multiple images.

Thanks for helping out and looking forward to seeing what you're working on. :D

Hey, I'm a painter and I have a few things I wouldn't mind submitting! No comics at the moment, but maybe I'll do a short few-page comic to test drive the system. I've been thinking about doing an erotic comic or two and my regular comic host doesn't allow for such naughty things. :D It would be nice to have a place where I can have an audience for them. I was just going to post in 'illustrated stories' but having an actual illustrations section would be awesome, especially for the illustrations that I haven't written STORIES for.

I would love to have access. :D

Hey, I'm a painter and I have a few things I wouldn't mind submitting! No comics at the moment, but maybe I'll do a short few-page comic to test drive the system. I've been thinking about doing an erotic comic or two and my regular comic host doesn't allow for such naughty things. :D It would be nice to have a place where I can have an audience for them. I was just going to post in 'illustrated stories' but having an actual illustrations section would be awesome, especially for the illustrations that I haven't written STORIES for.

I would love to have access. :D

Hi Noira! I just added you to the Illustrations list, so you should be able to see it in your control panel now!

This feature is not made to take the place to Illustrated Stories, but once we get this up and running, we are hoping to use some of the tech here to make the Illustrated Stories submissions easier.

Please take note of any suggestions you might have and let me know once you've had a chance to play with the feature.

Thanks! :D

Hi Manu, Kristy here again. I submitted two extra illustrations last week, but they don't seem to have been added to /i/ as a far as I can see. I was wondering if they were rejected, and if so, for what reason(s) were they considered unacceptable? It might be an idea to discuss content and quality issues prior to the official launch.

Hi Manu, Kristy here again. I submitted two extra illustrations last week, but they don't seem to have been added to /i/ as a far as I can see. I was wondering if they were rejected, and if so, for what reason(s) were they considered unacceptable? It might be an idea to discuss content and quality issues prior to the official launch.

I will check on it and see what the reason is. The only thing I can think of is if they were photographs. At this time, we aren't posting photographs, only artwork. If they aren't photos, then I'll have to double check and see what's going on with the missing submissions!

Thanks for letting me know and I'll report back soon. :D

Thanks for getting back to me Manu. Actually, they weren't photographs; they were drawings similar the ones I posted above. Is it possible they're too "tame" for this site?

Is there a way to know what rating (how many stars) people are giving the pieces?

Hi, Kristy here. I'm very interested in contributing artwork to the Illustrations section. Here are a few examples of my work, you're welcome to add them to /i/.

tornado2.jpg

windy02.jpg

caught01.jpg

BLUSH.JPG

cherri.jpg

BTW, authors: all of my art is licensed under a CC license, meaning anyone can use it. If you see something you'd like to include with your fiction, you're welcome to add it to your story.

Bye, Kristy. :):):)
Kristy! Amazing artwork. What a talent.

i have lots of images i'd like to post

please let me know how to go about it.

Some images;

These are a sample of the kind of work I do; what think?

Attachments

• pilip_25.jpg
    pilip_25.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 468
  • pilip_37.jpg
    pilip_37.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 402
  • pilip_20.jpg
    pilip_20.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 359
Back