Pretty please, play with me.

Riposte

Only if you'll spank me first, Eve!
:p

Really, JUDO? Big masonite paddles, huh? This might be worth sticking around for.

I voted on all four of the poems.

Stop foolin' around you three!

You'll be disappointed to know that the vote count for our two last poems stands thus:

Love Lies in the Rain
rating: 4.67    votes: 6

Romeo Is Bleeding: an hypersonnet
rating: 4.60    votes: 5

Red? When are you going to start the next one?

Lauren.Hynde said:
Stop foolin' around you three!

You'll be disappointed to know that the vote count for our two last poems stands thus:

Love Lies in the Rain
rating: 4.67    votes: 6

Romeo Is Bleeding: an hypersonnet
rating: 4.60    votes: 5

Red? When are you going to start the next one?
Well, that sucks, but I'm not surprised. I've seen crap poems that basically consist of "Boy fucked girl" and those poems have 4,000 votes within 5 seconds and they hit #1 a minute later! Okay, I exaggerate a little. :rolleyes:

(I'd love to spank you, Red, but I don't think you could take it. I tend to get carried away. I could end up spanking an entire butt cheek off.)

Free verse serendipity

Well, Lauren ("Ms. Prissy Neo-Classicist"), I guess we can get started about anytime. This one will be free verse, no fixed length of stanzas, or number of stanzas. You may use rhyme and/or formal meter, but they're optional. I'll exercise final editorial control ("final cut"). I'll also get it started:

I never realized
that your brains were scrambled
that your insides were churning and twisted
or that I
was perpendicular to your plane

Obviously, this is a poem about a relationship of some sort, but I want to leave it as open as possible for now. It could be a love relationship, a friendship, a relationship with an animal (pet, etc.), whatever. I have no idea where it's going, but I hope it'll at least be a fun ride getting there.

(Yeah, Eve, that doesn't sound too groovy. Maybe it'll be better if I spank you. I promise to be very gentle, a light spanking only.)

Re: Free verse serendipity

REDWAVE said:
I never realized
or that I
I was clueless,
despite a precipitous trail of hints
trampled over,
and left to writhe in obscurity.

Poetry is breathing...no wonder I rhyme in my sleep..haa

Cool stuff...Im shaking off the work bug ..I need some time to write again...but here is a Blarneystoned classic

The Poet’s Soul

There are some in life who have the gift
Those brave souls that can cross the rift

Of space and time, reason and love
Without end and without vice and sometimes even rise above

The twisted world of death and fear
Of losing face and losing limb, for they know God is near

In every flower and every tree
In every heart of man they see

The rose that lies within the thorns
And the quiet rage before the storm

They know that life is merely a dance
Whose swift, swift steps react only by chance

To a twirling lilt of joy and sorrow
For it is life itself that indeed we borrow

It is through laughter and madness that we keenly see
That the world is a strange little symphony

Of sights and sounds, triumphs and dreams
Of tragedies and comedies both alive and serene

And in the end, when the curtains close
The crowd goes home and the lights turned low

We should reflect upon the closing scene
Because all poets know that life is a dream

From the mind of Neil McCann
Long Live the Storm Clan

Re: Free verse serendipity

This one will be free verse, no fixed length of stanzas, or number of stanzas. You may use rhyme and/or formal meter, but they're optional.

Obviously, this is a poem about a relationship of some sort, but I want to leave it as open as possible for now. It could be a love relationship, a friendship, a relationship with an animal (pet, etc.), whatever. I have no idea where it's going, but I hope it'll at least be a fun ride getting there.

REDWAVE
I never realized
or that I

WickedEve
I was clueless,
despite a precipitous trail of hints
trampled over,
and left to writhe in obscurity.

TheDR4KE
I didn't think
to ask, to look, to question.
Not so much you,
although it is you to whom this apology goes out,
but rather me.
Should I not have searched my soul and known ... ?

In the throws of passion..

Backed against the wall
Heat pouring from your red whine lips
I took you through waves of passion

Without restraint, an unbridled fall
Rhythmic slamming motion in your hips
Listening to your moaning confession

Your legs wrapped around me body and soul
Chest heaving, waist grinding trip
I look into your eyes obsession

Dilated pupils you slide and call
My name as your juices slip
Down my leg in recession

From the throws of passion

Re: In the throws of passion..

Blarneystoned said:
Backed against the wall
Heat pouring from your red whine lips
I took you through waves of passion

Without restraint, an unbridled fall
Rhythmic slamming motion in your hips
Listening to your moaning confession

Your legs wrapped around me body and soul
Chest heaving, waist grinding trip
I look into your eyes obsession

Dilated pupils you slide and call
My name as your juices slip
Down my leg in recession

From the throws of passion
Hi. Just want to let you know that it should be "throes" not "throws." Unless you plan on tossing passion. :D

By the way, this isn't a feedback thread. You need to start a new one for your poems. Go do that, then come back here and participate in what we're doing now. You may want to add a stanza to the poem that's already started, or wait for a new one. :)

Throes and throws....haha

sorry didnt know there were rules to the cite....and I had an internal debate about throes or throws myself when I zapped it out...haha....I think I will post elsewhere...too many rules for this poet...keep smiling..Blarney out...I thought throes sounded too much like death throes...

P.S. Lasciviscious..haha..remind me to ask another dictionary..haha

Re: Throes and throws....haha

Blarneystoned said:
sorry didnt know there were rules to the cite....and I had an internal debate about throes or throws myself when I zapped it out...haha....I think I will post elsewhere...too many rules for this poet...keep smiling..Blarney out...I thought throes sounded too much like death throes...

P.S. Lasciviscious..haha..remind me to ask another dictionary..haha
Oh, come on. You don't have to leave. There aren't that many rules. Honestly. It's just that we're playing a little poetry game on this thread. Just start a new thread. It's easy. If you don't know how, PM me and I'll help you out.

damn I cant spell tonight...down dyslexia...down boy..haha

Lascivious even....I think all you english majors should take a German class ..it does wonders for your spelling...haha.

Ein, Swei, Drei, Fier ....Wir trinken mehr Bier !!!!

Barbarians Unite "Down mit der Englisch Lehrerin !!" haha

Pogues Me thoin ! haha

Eve thanks so much for your input ..

I couldn't have made a new thread without you...please read through my new thread...Lessons on Poetic Civility For the Uncreative Mind ...thanks so much for the help

Yours,

Blarneystoned

I'm off away for a couple of days. Strangely I trust Red with the editorial control on this form... ;)

It's good to be back and writing again. I missed you guys.

Quack

the D

TheDR4KE, it's really good to have you back. I wish we could get a few others to return. Tell you lady duck to get her butt back to the board. :)

Re: Eve thanks so much for your input ..

Blarneystoned said:
I couldn't have made a new thread without you...please read through my new thread...Lessons on Poetic Civility For the Uncreative Mind ...thanks so much for the help

Yours,

Blarneystoned
For your info, I was being sincere. Some people don't know how to start a thread at first. I wasn't sure if you did or not. And the reason I told you about starting a thread for poetry was to help you out. If you leave your poems on this thread, they will get buried under a heap of posts in no time, and not many will get a chance to ever read them.

Nice ass-- er, I mean av!

Just had to comment on your new av, Eve. Very interesting. It would be fascinating to go to the church you attend. Might be enough to make a true believer out of me!

Thanks for your contribution, Drake. Also, welcome to the board, Blarneystoned. I hope this poem will draw in some new people, not just the usual suspects.

Speaking of which, I hope you and Judo aren't miffed by my teasing of you, Lauren. You know I was just kidding-- I really love you both!

Re: Nice ass-- er, I mean av!

REDWAVE said:
Just had to comment on your new av, Eve. Very interesting. It would be fascinating to go to the church you attend. Might be enough to make a true believer out of me!

Thanks for your contribution, Drake. Also, welcome to the board, Blarneystoned. I hope this poem will draw in some new people, not just the usual suspects.

Speaking of which, I hope you and Judo aren't miffed by my teasing of you, Lauren. You know I was just kidding-- I really love you both!
Hello, Chief Commie Cocksucker! lol I see you finally got to 1,000.

Red, I never would have guessed that Satan was so hung! :devil:

Now I have a bone to pick with you Red. You didn't thank me for my contribution. Didn't like it? And you didn't tell me that you loved me. I'm hurt, RedRage. :( Ohhhh... the pain.

As for new people, this a great poem for everyone to add to. We can make it as long as we want. You do like them long don't you, Red? Everyone jump in and add a stanza. Let's give Red lots of editing to do. :D Red, can I add another stanza? I want to add a "swollen belly" stanza.

E.

Sorry, Eve!

Of course, it goes without saying I'm grateful for your contribution, Eve, and I do love you! I just forgot to mention it before. Can I lick your asshole to make amends?

Feel free to add another stanza. I'm thinking of doing that myself. And again, I'd like to invite those who haven't participated before to jump in now.

Re: Sorry, Eve!

REDWAVE said:
Of course, it goes without saying I'm grateful for your contribution, Eve, and I do love you! I just forgot to mention it before. Can I lick your asshole to make amends?

Feel free to add another stanza. I'm thinking of doing that myself. And again, I'd like to invite those who haven't participated before to jump in now.
How about toes? Do you do toes? There's no better way to say you're sorry than a good toe job. You're not bothered by bunions, are you? Are you okay with warts and ingrown toenails? How about hammer toe? Toe jam?

Chewing Tobacco..haha

I missed the spittoon again ..dang it..haha

All the tobacco spitting has generated an editor..haha

Send me your 8 track and I will burn you a CD from it....for three easy installments or 99.95 plus shipping and handling. You may want to check the good doctors blood pressure..haha

Re: Chewing Tobacco..haha

Blarneystoned said:
I missed the spittoon again ..dang it..haha

All the tobacco spitting has generated an editor..haha

Send me your 8 track and I will burn you a CD from it....for three easy installments or 99.95 plus shipping and handling. You may want to check the good doctors blood pressure..haha
Oh! A cd! Dang, we're still using 8 tracks in this hick town. :rolleyes:

Toes?

LOL, Eve. I'm not really into toes, but I'm willing to try almost anything once. Toejam I'll pass on. If you want me to suck your toes, you'll have to wash your feet first!

BTW, what's a hammer toe?

Re: Toes?

REDWAVE said:
LOL, Eve. I'm not really into toes, but I'm willing to try almost anything once. Toejam I'll pass on. If you want me to suck your toes, you'll have to wash your feet first!

BTW, what's a hammer toe?
Remember hammer time? lol
I don't know. It's some toe problem people have. Go look it up, RedToe! lol

Hammer toes

Get a pair man...smack her ass instead of sucking her toes..haha

Incidently a hammer toe is when the toes are compressed...usually in shoes that are too tight over long periods...the tissue and bones become compressed and resemble a hammer on a piano....next time I am charging for the medical advice..haha

Back