Like A Rhinestone Cowboy

Fata Morgana

Deckel Edged
RIP Glen Campbell.

Did any of you watch the doc of him touring with dementia? Heartbreaking.

Borrowed from the Litbitch Catchphrase Generator:

"Such a great talent; died too young.":rose:

RIP Glen Campbell.

The saddest part was when his wife talked about how she had to tell him over and over that he had alzheimers, because he would forget.

I only have one album ... a duo with Bobbie Gentry.

Dollie

The saddest part was when his wife talked about how she had to tell him over and over that he had alzheimers, because he would forget.
My best friends stood up at our wedding and we at theirs. The wife, Pat and I have had dementia over ten years. She went downhill fast and died several months ago. For some reason I only forget short term and remember those things when reminded.
It is scaring my husband badly.
I work puzzles, get on Lit, and try to keep active.
I take the same meds but for years I also take virgin coconut oil morning and bed time. Some doctors say it works and others say no. Yet I'm alive, my friend, Glen Campbell, and others are gone.:rose:

My best friends stood up at our wedding and we at theirs. The wife, Pat and I have had dementia over ten years. She went downhill fast and died several months ago. For some reason I only forget short term and remember those things when reminded.
I take the same meds but for years I also take virgin coconut oil morning and bed time. Some doctors say it works and others say no. Yet I'm alive, my friend, Glen Campbell, and others are gone.:rose:

Dollie:rose::rose::rose:

It's a cruel disease for sure. I lost my Dad to it. You lose them twice really.

I've heard that about the coconut oil too. :rose:

Denny & Dollie

We both thank you!:kiss:

It's a cruel disease for sure. I lost my Dad to it. You lose them twice really.

I've heard that about the coconut oil too. :rose:
I've watched friends forget who their kids are, where the bathroom in their house is, eventually how to dress, walk, and eat. It scares the hell out of me knowing Dollie has it too. But amazingly being on this computer, seeing our grown families regularly, and taking her shopping has helped.
Supposedly once memory is lost it can not return. Yet at times I will ask her things I forgot.

We write things here that we shouldn't. Personal things. But if anything we write helps one member it makes being a Lit member well worth it.

Gotta go, Dollie has supper ready. Something many can no longer do.

FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!

THIS IS A GLENN CAMPBELL THREAD....

:rose:

OTOH, a country singer died. Don't. Fucking. Care.
He was (to me) more of a damn fine studio guitarist. Check his credits (as well as uncredited stuff like TEQUILA.) And note that most of what he sang wasn't really 'country'. But then, what is?

Digression: WICHITA LINEMAN was just about a perfect song.

He was (to me) more of a damn fine studio guitarist. Check his credits (as well as uncredited stuff like TEQUILA.) And note that most of what he sang wasn't really 'country'. But then, what is?

Digression: WICHITA LINEMAN was just about a perfect song.

This is true, he was an accomplished guitarist. Yet still...

I've watched friends forget who their kids are, where the bathroom in their house is, eventually how to dress, walk, and eat. It scares the hell out of me knowing Dollie has it too. But amazingly being on this computer, seeing our grown families regularly, and taking her shopping has helped.
Supposedly once memory is lost it can not return. Yet at times I will ask her things I forgot.

We write things here that we shouldn't. Personal things. But if anything we write helps one member it makes being a Lit member well worth it.

As you and Dollie may already know, dementia does not always progress into full blown Alzheimers disease. My mom has had dementia for almost three years now. Her short term memory is shot. She will ask three or four times within a space of ten minutes what day it is or how hot it is outside.

But her long term memory is phenomenal. She tells stories from her own childhood that I know are true because she has been telling those same stories her entire life. I'm so sorry you are having to battle this disease, but you may have already been through the worst. There is simply no way of knowing. But it appears that the meds are actually working for you.

It is also obvious you both love each other very much.

Continued good luck!

RIP Glen Campbell.

I have a wonderful, distant, summer memory, anchored in my brain by Campbell's version of Wichita Lineman. It involves a beautiful girl whose hair smelled of sunshine and the beach, and whose kisses tasted like Juicy Fruit gum, starry summer nights, an acoustic guitar, and an old Ford Bronco with the hardtop removed, and a Glen Campbell cassette stuck in the deck.

RIP Mr. Campbell.

tumblr_oue110YXAL1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

You two kids just keep being you! :rose:

tumblr_otrddiLmae1tho4fro1_500.jpg

Back