The More You Know

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
How Donald Destroyed A Football Team

Rise and fall of the USFL

Trump had just built a 68-story glass tower in the middle of Manhattan and, to make sure people noticed, put his name on it. In bronze.

(gsgs comment-

Trump needed to keep his name, and Trump Tower, in the newsfeed.

1983 Trump bought a football team, Trump purchased the New Jersey Generals

The United States Football League was formed to compete with the NFL.

The USFL collapsed after just three seasons.


Steiner: What Trump desired, what he craved, was attention—imagine that. He felt that buying a football team, albeit the New Jersey Generals of the USFL, not the NFL, would get him into the greater media consciousness. Nothing compared to owning a football team. It was a calculated media strategy. [He was] the best thing that ever happened to the USFL, and two years later he was the worst thing that ever happened to the USFL.

What is Trump known for, besides excess ? Lawsuits.

$1.7 billion anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL, who it claimed, among other things, had a chokehold on national TV rights. USFL owners hoped the suit would void the NFL's TV contracts, force a merger, or provide a game-changing payday. So instead of playing football in the spring of 1986, the USFL landed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

The USFL never played another game.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/

How Donald Trump’s ego killed a pro sports league

Launched in 1983, the USFL was a cut or two above most second-tier pro leagues. USFL's owners made a fatal mistake: They listened to The Donald Trump.

Filmmaker Mike Tollin's "Small Potatoes," - a 2009 documentary that was part of ESPN's "30 for 30" series.


When the film debuted in October '09, Trump publicly ripped it as "third rate" and attacked Tollin as "a sad guy." (He also sent a note to Tollin with this handwritten postscript: "You are a loser.")

The team was his way to squeeze himself onto the pages of the New York tabloids, and the league provided a platform from which he could try to bully his way into the NFL, the established league that had made it clear that they wanted no part of Trump.

http://www.salon.com/2011/04/21/trump_tollin_usfl/
 
In his zeal to lead a graft-ridden parliament by example, Indonesian President Joko Widodo has saddled the country’s over-burdened anti-corruption commission with an unorthodox dilemma.

The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) this week took possession of two seven-year-old ponies from the Indonesian island of Sumba after Jokowi — as he is popularly known — *declared them as a gift prohibited under a set of rules honoured more in their breach than *observance.

The sandalwood ponies, a mixed Arabian breed, used for farm work but also considered the best Indonesian horse for racing and jousting, were handed to the President as he formally opened the island’s Sandalwood Pony Parade and Woven Cloth festival last July.

The two horses are happily feeding on the grounds of the presidential palace in Bogor, the temperate mountain town south of Jakarta that was once the summer capital of the former Dutch colonial rulers.

But sadly for them, says Mr Giri, they can’t stay there “because that would be a form of illicit gratification”.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/960ff58e7cc163be099674e209309b8c
 
No love lost, between and Trump and the NFL

No love lost, between Trump, and any other entity that exists on Earth.

With one exception.

Trump will say anything, anywhere, to publicly signal to that thin slice of political pie. Trump will show support for the segments of the political population,that, until now, found no positive public acknowledgement.

Trump gives private rallies. They are acknowledged, and their view is mirrored back to them. Trump is willing to embrace the worst of the worst. Trump exhibits his willingness to use any weapon, just as they do.


"The ceremony and the American flag, are sacred to "Our Side." Fuck y'all. GTFO of Our Version of America."


There is a demand, for politics to be kept out of football. Some players are in danger of being executed for the mere act of breathing, and existing as a live human being.

What were we actually looking at, when we saw Alejandro Villanueva on video ? What does it look like, and what is actually happening ?

Ambiguous appearances-

It is unlikely that we will ever hear the truth. The football player is a soldier and a football player. When was Alejandro Villanueva receiving text messages from soldiers ? Either way, everyone has what they wanted. Was Villanueva deliberately selected, as the one man that would be excused, as a way to give the mob what it wanted ?

The image quickly spread through social media with many people commending Villanueva, a West Point Graduate who served three tours in Afghanistan as an Army Ranger, for being the only Steeler to emerge for the national anthem.

But as Villanueva received praise, his teammates were subject to backlash. Backlash that, in Villanueva's eyes, they don't deserve.

"Unintentionally, I left my teammates behind," Villanueva said. "It wasn't me stepping forward. I never planned to boycott the plan that the Steelers came up with. I just felt like there had to be some middle ground."


http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/09/alejandro_villanueva_takes_blame_for_ste.html


September 25, 2017

Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who was lauded by fans for standing alone during the national anthem in Chicago, apologized Monday for being isolated from his teammates.

"Unfortunately, I threw (his teamates) them under the bus, unintentionally."
- Alejandro Villanueva


Villanueva said he "butchered" the team's decision to present a united front in protest of President Donald Trump's criticism of NFL players who kneel during "The Star-Spangled Banner."


"I went out there by myself, and that is the reason that is causing all this distress and is making the organization look bad, my coach look bad, and my teammates look bad."

-Alejandro Villanueva

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers...o-villanueva-i-butchered-steelers-anthem-plan

"People felt that based on comments the president made, they had to go out and protect and support Colin Kaepernick. That's completely within their right, but that was not something we were trying to do with the Steelers. We were trying to unify and unfortunately, I made the team look all over the place and not unified."

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/09/alejandro_villanueva_respects_protests.html


President Obama spoke on football and Black Lives Matter.

Stephen Colbert points out that there is only one member of the minority in Nascar. Not much danger of outraging a large number of BLM activists, among the Nascar drivers.


The NFL has to swallow their dose of garbage, because it is a money making industry. Defense Department Paid Sports Teams $53M of Taxpayer Dollars to Play Anthem, Stage Over-the-Top Military Tributes - September 19, 2016
Apparently, as Smith said, placing the players on the field during the playing of the anthem was a marketing strategy to make them appear more patriotic. Moreover, he mentioned that the U.S. Department of Defense and the National Guard paid the NFL over $10 million to make it happen.NASCAR received $1.56 million in 2015 alone because the DOD deemed the expense “integral to its recruiting efforts,” as The Washington Post reported.


http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/09...-anthem-stage-over-the-top-military-tributes/


Trump Using Pat Tillman to Shame NFL Protesters Is the Height of Ignorance

Pat Tillman is exactly the wrong kind of American hero for the president to be invoking.

A brief recap of his story: Between 1998 and 2001, Tillman was a safety for the Cardinals, known for his intellectualism and iconoclasm among teammates. After the September 11 attacks, he began to find sports meaningless, and turned down a multi-million-dollar contract to enlist in the Army Rangers instead. He was sent to Iraq and Afghanistan, where he was killed in 2004. At the time, his death was viewed as a tragedy that nevertheless demonstrated the glory of American self-sacrifice.

But in 2005, government officials informed Tillman’s family that he had actually been killed not by enemies, but by friendly fire.

It took years for the whole, sordid truth to come out.

At the time of his death, Tillman had become increasingly opposed to the Iraq War and Bush’s agenda, and had planned to meet with liberal agitator Noam Chomsky. It seems unlikely that he would have been a fan of President Trump.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...tly-uses-pat-tillman-to-shame-protesters.html
 
It's still all deflection and distraction.

Focus on trivialities, not on necessities.

From what are we lured? What's so bad?

This play only reveals Tromp's desperation.

Shit's gonna get nastily deeper from here on.

What's the next trouble? Who's the next target?

On Hallowe'en, Tromp will wear a flesh mask and wave a screaming blooded chainsaw at Amerikkka. He'll howl as insane galaxies swirl around his pus-swollen head while spasm-dancing in a graveyard of human dreams, smoke and flame rising from scattered tombstones, his little fingers and penis wiggling in the tepid night air. But is an impeachable offense in there?
 
Isn't the next great game watching the Republicans exercise their hypocrisy in their response to all of the Trump staffers who have been using private e-mail? :D

Some commentators have suggested that this issue is the reason for Trump's NFL distraction/disruption.
 
Puerto Rico , no Shining Star on the American Flag
Was a beautiful green island.
Now, everything has been destroyed.

Puerto Rico is an American territory whose citizens carry U.S. passports. Our American military has a large presence on the small island.

The boot heel of America's power has been on Puerto Rico's neck since 1898.The United States controls the island.

Puerto Rico remains a colony of the USA, became a commonwealth of America in 1952.

Puerto Ricans cannot vote for the President, have no voting representatives in Congress, and yet are U.S. citizens that can be conscripted.

3.5 million American citizens living in Puerto Rico.80 percent of Puerto Rico’s crop value has been wiped out. More poverty than anywhere in the continental U.S., before the island was devastated. 60 per cent of the children live in poverty.

Two major hurricanes tore through Puerto Rico.
3.4 million people have lost their homes
$30 billion dollars worth of damage (rough estimate)


September 17, 2017 Hurricaine Irma Sunday

September 20, 2017 Hurricaine Maria Wednesday


September 21, 2017 Thursday

President Trump said on Sept. 21 that Hurricane Maria "absolutely obliterated" the U.S. island territory of Puerto Rico, leaving its electrical grid in ruins.


September 22, 2017 Friday

September 24, 2017 Sunday

Four days with no electricity.
Everything is smashed or flooded.
No cell towers, no recharging
No electricity, no computers
Running out of fuel

Flights out of Puerto Rico trickle out

8 percent to Puerto Rico's economy is from tourism.
Puerto Rico citizens are allowed to enter the USA freely.
They have been filling labor needs since


September 25, 2017 Monday

Trump ignores Puerto Rico

Trump tweeted about sports a total of 17 times between Saturday and Monday morning.

He didn’t tweet once about Puerto Rico, where 3.5 million U.S. citizens live


September 25,2017 Monday night

Trump continues to tweet about the NFL.
Trump finds time to hate on Puerto Rico.

Trump jabs a stick in Puerto Rico, on behalf of Wall Street. Puerto Rico has been destroyed in every way possible. No electricity, no phone, no food, no water, no buildings. All industry and farming has stopped. A broken dam is about to devastate an area where 70,000 people lived.

Trump wants Puerto Rico to pay Wall Street!

Who are Puerto Rico's bond holders ?

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/26/don...-street-debts/

September 27, 2017

Road trip to New York
150 donors at Le Cirque
Manhattan

Private dinner with Wall Street elites and wealthy real estate executives. They are bringing their checkbooks.


$100,000 for "VIP access"
$250,000 seated near Trump
$35,000 kiddies table

Must fund Trump legal defense.
Lawyers are expensive

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/26/tru...couple-dinner/

Economic Problems, because the Wall Street Crash of 2007-2008 trickled down.
 
Just the punchline since the new War & Peace was written above.


the blonde says: "Well, at the beginning of the game, both teams flipped a quarter to see who would kick off first. Then the rest of the game everybody was yelling get the quarter back, get the quarter back, get the quarter back. So I thought to myself, gosh it's just a quarter!"
 
EmilysQuotes.Com-unknown-intelligence-crazy.-knowing.jpg
 
Too bad you don't know shit about sizing images for forums.
 
Back
Top