Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denae said:
Hey Miss PTM, Thanks for the bud, bud. I'm just thankful that this is a co-worker & not a significant other--this communication style when he's pissed off does not work for me. It is now week 2 of him giving me the silent treatment.

I have one that give snide comments ~ I think I'd take the silent treatment over that. *grrr!*

You are very welcome. How have you been stranger?

Cathleen said:
Thanks, Tease - that's sweet.

Hi Den... there are moments I see this as a very attractive option on some models. (But I do hope he matures soon and knocks it off.)

^^ Yep!

Hey YOU!!! How's Cate? I haven't seen either of you around in a while. What a lovely treat this evening :D

I know, I'm hardly around during the week anymore. Seems like I get home and before I know it I'm yawning & ready for bed.

After two weeks of the silent treatment, I figured I was due for a glass of wine and some good Lit time.

The longer the silent treatment goes on, the less I am inclined to forget & forgive when he gets over his little pussy act.

I like the guy a lot as a co-worker. We've got along great for the past 8 months, one of our other co-workers likened us to a close brother/sister type that banter & bicker in a good way. I'm at a complete loss as to what caused this rift, but it's obvious that he's mad as hell at me. D suggested that I talk to him, but I figure he's the one with the issue and if this is how he wants to "deal" with it, then more power to him & he can fuck himself when he realizes how stupid he's being right now.

Anyway, cheers (clink of the wine glass with PTM & a gingerale with Cate).

Denae said:
I know, I'm hardly around during the week anymore. Seems like I get home and before I know it I'm yawning & ready for bed.

After two weeks of the silent treatment, I figured I was due for a glass of wine and some good Lit time.

The longer the silent treatment goes on, the less I am inclined to forget & forgive when he gets over his little pussy act.

I like the guy a lot as a co-worker. We've got along great for the past 8 months, one of our other co-workers likened us to a close brother/sister type that banter & bicker in a good way. I'm at a complete loss as to what caused this rift, but it's obvious that he's mad as hell at me. D suggested that I talk to him, but I figure he's the one with the issue and if this is how he wants to "deal" with it, then more power to him & he can fuck himself when he realizes how stupid he's being right now.

Anyway, cheers (clink of the wine glass with PTM & a gingerale with Cate).

Mmmm, wwwwwwine!

I love your attitude Den!

quoll said:
Hi everyb...hmmm*backs slowly out of the ladies thread* :rose:

Come back, Quoll, I've sheathed my nails. I promise. I've just been holding this in for too long and had to vent. Sorry.

pleasteasme said:
It's ok quoll ~ we won't bite *unless you want us to* ;)
Denae said:
Come back, Quoll, I've sheathed my nails. I promise. I've just been holding this in for too long and had to vent. Sorry.

Vent away ladies, it's no problem, I just recognised the tone (my wife has the same one :) ) so discretion being the better part of valor and all that.
Actually my wife could join you, we have the visitor from hell with us at the moment.

Last edited:
bob dylan's "idiot wind" could be a theme song for so many people... and i know most of 'em.

It's such a shame that you couldn't or wouldn't cuddle and love your own children that way. :(

Rubbing my eyes to make sure they are not deceiving me.

It's a Cate sighting! It really truly is.

Hi Cate!

Thanks! What a nice smile you just gave me Den. :rose:

It's so nice to see you too. How is the new home?

Cathleen said:
Thanks! What a nice smile you just gave me Den. :rose:

It's so nice to see you too. How is the new home?

Still cluttered, but better.

I've had an interesting day today. When I got in my car, I noticed a crack in the windshield. Two days ago I thought a rock had hit the shield, but I couldn't see any dings/chips. Anyway, today there was a 4 inch crack. I thought okay, well I'll get my errands out of the way & swing by a shop. So I ran into the bank & the Hallmark store, 20 minutes later I came out and the 4 inch crack has increased by at least a foot! Holy crap I'm thinking. Well, I lost my mind & couldn't think of where any of the window repair shops is. Then I thought, sheesh-putting money into this damn car is not worth it. I'm just going to have to move up my car purchase by 3 or 4 months.

I hate dealing with this kind of crap, but at least with a new car I shouldn't have any major/non-warranty issues for a few years and I'll have a reliable car.

All in all, my old car has more than paid for itself a few times over. It's just been so nice to not have a car payment since '97. Yikes---how time flies.

So do you have any upcoming golfing wagers going with Wanderer?

Those cracks can travel quickly. Doesn't your auto insurance cover a new windshield with no deductible? But I also understand the peace that comes from a reliable car. And no car payment is great! What are you going to look at? I've never bought a new car, maybe someday. I by low milage used cars.

I haven't corresponded with Wanderer in a long while. Back in April before the Masters Tournament we were going to strike something up. He had a new method for us - one that he said would give me a better chance at winning! lol The bugger.

I'm glad you have a place and I hope the neighbors have been good.

Cathleen said:
Those cracks can travel quickly. Doesn't your auto insurance cover a new windshield with no deductible? But I also understand the peace that comes from a reliable car. And no car payment is great! What are you going to look at? I've never bought a new car, maybe someday. I by low milage used cars.

I haven't corresponded with Wanderer in a long while. Back in April before the Masters Tournament we were going to strike something up. He had a new method for us - one that he said would give me a better chance at winning! lol The bugger.

I'm glad you have a place and I hope the neighbors have been good.

I do have windshield coverage. I kind of feel bad for socking it to the insurance company when I won't have the car but 3 or 4 months.

I know I probably shouldn't buy brand new, but I didn't have good luck with used cars way back when. Right now, I'm looking at it as a long term investment.

I'm interested in the 2006 Toyota Corolla. It's reliable, relatively inexpensive for a new car, and I should have it for many years to come.

Man. It's not even 9 p.m. here and I can barely keep my eyes open.

Denae said:
I do have windshield coverage. I kind of feel bad for socking it to the insurance company when I won't have the car but 3 or 4 months.

I know I probably shouldn't buy brand new, but I didn't have good luck with used cars way back when. Right now, I'm looking at it as a long term investment.

I'm interested in the 2006 Toyota Corolla. It's reliable, relatively inexpensive for a new car, and I should have it for many years to come.

Man. It's not even 9 p.m. here and I can barely keep my eyes open.

I don't believe it.......are we all online at the same time.
I knew that couldn't be.........anyway, hello Cate and Denae.

Last edited:
done_got_old said:
Cool huh?

Den, I can't believe you actually uttered the words you feel badly for the insurance company (even if a windshield isn't too costly). I switched auto insurance carriers on 1/6/2005 and on 1/12/05 I had an accident. Then just a few months ago my neighbor had an accident in his parking spot and ended up driving his truck ONTO my car.

But the worst was my health insurance company. I switched carriers on 1/1/01 and that was the year my health blew out... within five months my costs were over $100K. It just continued to get worse and I kept thinking they probably had a contract out on me 'cuz I cost them so much. ;)

done_got_old said:

It's been, what, two years since that last happened?

Hi DGO-glad to see you tonight.
Question for you-have you ever made gazpacho?

Denae said:
It's been, what, two years since that last happened?

Hi DGO-glad to see you tonight.
Question for you-have you ever made gazpacho?

No. If I recall I don't like it.

btw, while my car was being repaired I drove the new corolla - I liked it a lot. It was very peppy and I considered a trade in. I have a camry and I think it is haunted. lol

Cathleen said:
btw, while my car was being repaired I drove the new corolla - I liked it a lot. It was very peppy and I considered a trade in. I have a camry and I think it is haunted. lol

I think maybe the cats are trying to tell you something.

done_got_old said:
I think maybe the cats are trying to tell you something.
I've done nothing but love and feed them!! And do whatever they want basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back