The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing one can shoot over here is an Air Pistol (I'm not counting rifles).
I'd better clear the garage, I guess. . . . .

Coffee anyone ?
And there are some really nice, fresh, Hot Cross buns on the counter.
 
See? That's the benefit of semi-rural living. If we wanted to shoot stuff it would have to be either indoors with pistol or half way across the Basin for trap and skeet. And I don't even want to talk about big bore rifle!

There's nothing "semi" about my family's rural living. Dad's farm is in the toolies and we take advantage of it. Nothing out there to harm but corn and trees.
 
The county where I live operates a public shooting range that is top notch. You can even shoot clays there. They're more long gun oriented and need more close up, self defense targets, but that's in the works. There are plenty of private indoor ranges for pistol shooting anyway. :D
 
Yeah and orchids grow like weeds by the side of the road. And on that subject phase I of my Orchid Irrigation Project is installed and works. All I need now is about another half dozen .5 gph emitters and another coil of 1/4" tubing and I will have it all complete and be able to start on Phase II, a much smaller and less complex piece of work. Phew!
 
Yeah and orchids grow like weeds by the side of the road. And on that subject phase I of my Orchid Irrigation Project is installed and works. All I need now is about another half dozen .5 gph emitters and another coil of 1/4" tubing and I will have it all complete and be able to start on Phase II, a much smaller and less complex piece of work. Phew!

Do we get to see it later ?

Good Morning all. Coffee's on the sideboard.
 
It's not much to look at. Just plastic pipe and skinny tubes tucked down at the base of each pot. What I need to do is take a picture of the orchids themselves and post it. Maybe once I get finished . . .
 
It's not much to look at. Just plastic pipe and skinny tubes tucked down at the base of each pot. What I need to do is take a picture of the orchids themselves and post it. Maybe once I get finished . . .

do you control the flow to each plant or assume each skinny tube is equal and do all with one tap ?

Care for a glass of something? The sun is well past the yard arm.
 
I'm still working my way through a flagon of coffee, thanks. The tip of each tube has an emitter sized in gallons/hour. For the smaller pots I use .5 and for the larger I use 1 gal. I then set the timer for a weekly watering of 15 minutes and that puts enough water into the plant to soak the root medium (either bark or rock) and wash out any salts left from the previous week's watering. When we get back from Europe I'll incorporate an inline fertilizing system and then the only thing I'll have to do is periodic repotting and spend about a half hour a week fussing with dead leaves, dead heading and general mucking about.

Today I have hopes of completing the overhead watering system. The tips of most of those tubes will have fogger emitters because the plants are growing on sticks and their roots are exposed to the air. I figure about 5 minutes of fog twice a week should be perfect. Fortunately, it's almost impossible to overwater a stick mount orchid.
 
HELLO.... hello.... hello..... Echo rolls back and forth.

I guess everyone is off visiting relatives.
 
HELLO.... hello.... hello..... Echo rolls back and forth.

I guess everyone is off visiting relatives.

Did it and I'm tired. My shoulder is black and blue from shooting all day. I'm going to take something for it and hit the rack.

Good night.
 
Did it and I'm tired. My shoulder is black and blue from shooting all day. I'm going to take something for it and hit the rack.

Good night.

This place was on the second page :eek:

Sounds like you had a fun day in a red neck way. ;)

Most people sleep in a bed but if you prefer a rack, who am I to say anything. :kiss:

Have a good rest.
 
bear_curled_up_in_den.jpg
 
The person who simplifies them should be raised to saint-hood.

As long as there are government bureaucrats, accountants and lawyers there will never be a simplified taxing system. They don't feature being unemployed either. ;)
 
Perhaps some wise whizz-kid could make up a flow chart for doing the Taxes.

Rolf, a large glass of vintage Port, if you please.
Anyone care to join me ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top