Illinois friends!

Burbs

New to site.
Happy New Year everyone!
I'm from northwest burbs of Chicago.
Just hanging out and reading posts.
 
Well, how have the holidays gone for everyone? I bought myself a big girl truck just before Christmas. Traded in my '97 F150 for a big '01 Dodge 1500 4x4. Before any of you boys ask, yes I got the bigger engine. Seems to be the first question men ask. lol. And seriously, who do you think you are talkin to here?! Got a great deal and the previous owners were both local (Actually able to verify that!) So now I am a very happy country girl.

Things have also changed quite a bit on the subject of a hunt for someone to entertain me. I am no longer looking. I will leave it at that but if you are curious, PM me and I will share all the juicy wet details :devil:
 
just waking up from a long night out....i left chicago a couple of years back....man i really miss that place and the wild women that live there...
 
WOW am I out of it!

I already told ya about the truck. lol. Oh well, the rest is new and now that I am all snuggly tucked into the new house, decorating is starting to take precedence over everything. The upstairs bathroom and the kitchen need a complete overhaul but mostly because the realtor convinced the seller to "modernize" them...UGH! I plan to use modern materials but bring back the turn of the century feel it should have. Today, I am driving to the nearest town of any size to pick up some groceries and once I get home I will be moving furniture and decorating the library. Actually, it is a 13X15 alcove off of the main living room with a beautiful partition between. I put a glass front curio cabinet that my great grandfather made in there along with mom's rocking chair and an antique style loveseat. The library side of the partition is a set of built in book cases and I plan to have one wall made into a floor to ceiling book case to match the original wood work. Before you ask, The horrible smurf barf carpet is gone. It was a bound edged piece and when we rolled it up, we discovered beautiful original hardwood floors in both rooms. There are minor stains and you can see the rectangle where a large rug/carpet was probably placed shortly after the house was built but I consider that character. The carpet and padding is now back down on the floor but down in the basement which is nearly as large as the footprint of the house. Soon to arrive, a pool table and chest freezer. We already have a spare fridge and upright freezer but living out in the sticks, I would like to stock up and be prepared. Eventually, I will also have a spare old stove hooked up down there and a work and storage space for my canning operation. Hopefully I will have a nice garden this year and salsa, spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, pickles, etc. by next fall. I am trying to keep some of those old skills alive and teach them to my daughter. Recipes and tips are greatly appreciated!

Well, time to sign off for a while and I promise to keep up with sharing my progress a little better. It has been so nice to chat with people who understand what it is like to live in IL whether that be downstate or (shudder) Chicago. Love you all!
 

Attachments

  • house5.jpg
    house5.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 156
Migraine

Ugh. Miserable today. Been fighting a migraine since I woke up with it at 3am. Not sure whether it is the migraine or the large amounts of ibuprofen causing the nausea. Could definitely use a few friends to talk with me and take my mind off of it. I don't think I will get any writing done today. Nothing takes the "sexy" out of the equation like thinking you might toss your cookies if you tilt your head the wrong way.
 
Hi..

It's a new day babe....hope you're feeling better !! Perhaps the creative juices will prevail and you might be able to write ?!?!?!
 
Visiting next week

Any good sex clubs in Chicago? I'll be there all week and looking for encounters or hook ups.

Colin
 
clubs?

Not so much dear. I, personally, am more into getting to know someone at least a bit first before getting naked. Never got into the sex club thing though I am sure there are a few. We do have the most corrupt state government in the US and they spend most of their time in Chicago despite the capital being in Springfield. Good luck and have fun!
 
Good morning, Illinois friends! Typical gray day here but it isn't freezing....gonna throw on a jacket and walk up to the diner for a cup of coffee and some town gossip...Anybody want to come with?
 
Not so much dear. I, personally, am more into getting to know someone at least a bit first before getting naked. Never got into the sex club thing though I am sure there are a few. We do have the most corrupt state government in the US and they spend most of their time in Chicago despite the capital being in Springfield. Good luck and have fun!

Ha! That's why I left Illinois. Plus sky high taxes and the state is bankrupt! Without any good clubs, maybe I can get a politician to perform an indescrtion!
 
Promised pix

*hugs*
 

Attachments

  • 103112200628.jpg
    103112200628.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 091312095124.jpg
    091312095124.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 2012-12-18_09-54-23_749.jpg
    2012-12-18_09-54-23_749.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-12-04_10-29-05_505.jpg
    2012-12-04_10-29-05_505.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 160
I'm from East Central Illinois. Thought I would go ahead and post here. Seems like an interesting thread.
 
Back
Top