A Bat's Light of Hope (Closed)

SerenaUShields

Lunarian Princess
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Posts
6,138
It was just another day in Gotham City for Serena now Serenity Tsukino. After the fight with Chaos, the loss of her fellow senshi and the upgrade in her power, she finished her schooling and relocated to America. She had been unable to continue staying in Japan with all the memories and was eager for the chance to leave.

She had studied to become a teacher and so searched out such jobs in America while planning her relocation. Finally she had gotten an offer from a high school in Gotham as one of the foreign language teachers. Japanese being the language she would teach, which she didn't have a problem with that. It's been two years since she took the job and she couldn't be happier.

Now since it was Saturday and a day off from work, she was walking through the mall, hitting sales in some of the stores just to relax.
 
Bruce had been fighting long and hard. Not just as batman, but in the business aspect as well. His time to socialize was growing dim, His was just doing work and work and not much else. His time in the media's eye was trying to get more dirt on one of the few richest bachelor in the world and was beginning to prey at his house and office.

Alfred was beginning to hassle him about getting his life back out there. He stopped dating and going to party's. He needed to go have fun, get away from it all. Bruce tried to protest he truly didn't need fun when there was work to be done, the war hasn't stopped in Gotham and neither should he. But to make alfred happy and get the press of his back for awhile he would cave in.

He began to browse threw local charity s or good cause to support and invest money into. Not all of Gotham's problems could be solved with fists but put the right people in power and you could have a big chain of results. But have awhile he was being bugged to get out and he would pick the right charity to host a fundraiser for. He gave a small nod, and caved in picking the mall to spend some cash, to give the press and show and get a date for the ball. Dates were not hard to come by a small phone call and the deal would be broken. But he was insisted to make a public scene about it.

He changed into casual clothing a black button up, slick sleeve shirt and a pair of top dollar blue jeans, complete with a black leather belt and golden belt buckle. To complete the set a pair of black leather shoes from some popular brand company and a golden digital watch. Alfred said was all the rage these days. he never fully understood the popularity in these fads but was told this was in.

He got into his car and watched the side roads go by as Alferd drove. he watched the streets down all the allies. How dirty it all looked, and the filth that lurked in the shadows waiting for a victim. Finally they made it to the mall and he got out almost unseen. It wouldn't take someone to long to notice he thought as, he began to journey threw a few of the shops before he made eye contact with a very pretty Japanese woman.
 
Last edited:
Serenity had been looking through the racks of one store. The silvery-blond haired woman had her hair down, letting it reach to the top of her ankles. A change in how she wore it at work, usually styled in an updo with traditional hair pins holding it in place. She was also dressed differently from how she would at work, having chosen to wear something more casual for her day out at the mall; blue jeans and a pink t-shirt with black stiletto heels. Her jacket was in one of the five shopping bags in her hand.

It was then that she happened to look up and find herself making eye contact with the very man she'd only got glimpses of on TV since she'd first moved to Gotham, Bruce Wayne. She smiled softly at him and already felt her cheeks starting to heat up in a blush just from looking at him.
 
He made a small smile admiring her hair for a moment. Not many girls, wore the hair down that far now a days. To much maintenance in the mornings he would of thought.

He offered out his hand and chose to break out the silence. " Hi miss my names Bruce Wayne and you are?" as time seemed to froze as the moment happen a quick snap could be herd from between the racks. His head turned to the side as the clothes began to rustle and you could hear a thud before someone popped up and ran out the store. He new the man was there tailing him the whole time.
Well better not make the papers lie from what there going to make the picture to be about.
 
She placed her hand in his for the handshake. "I'm Serenity Tsukino. A pleasure to meet you." She then heard the snap and turned her head to look for the source. She too saw the man run out the store and soon put two and two together. After all, she was talking to Bruce Wayne, so it wouldn't be too surprising for photographers to show up.

"Well now, that's going to make things interesting when that's printed." She looked back at Bruce with a smile.
 
He shake her hand and put his hands into his pocket. He made a small chuckle.

"That's the press for you anything to gush and pull out a story out of a simple handshake."

He then toke a small gaze around and made a decision in his head. " Say why not make a bit of that reporters story true and get a bite to eat? If your hungry that is. Nothing much catches my fancy in the mall these days well at least the stores."

He smiled a bit looking her over. Well this was different. It was much different then dating a super model or a movie star. But those girls were to full of themselves half the time and only good for one night stands. This might take a more interesting turn of events.
 
Serenity giggled at his words. "And I thought teenage girls knew how to pull a story out of so little."

She then smiled softly. "Sure. Might as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they look out for us again today anyway. We can at least enjoy ourselves."

It had been a while since she last enjoyed some friendly company with a man, not counting lunchtime at work with her coworkers. She figured she might as well take this opportunity even if they became nothing more than associates.
 
He offered his hand as he lead her to the nearest restaurant. Certainly not the one in the mall even he had his standards. But not before offering to stop by her car to get rid of her bags. The few restaurants near by seemed very mom and pop style restaurants. But only one seemed to be at a hustle and bustle. A new aged pop style restaurant then seemed to have a line waiting to just to get in. Perfect he thought this will certainly get someones attention and give a bit of show for the press to talk about for a few days.

He escorted her to the main entrance and was stopped by the man at the door. he eye him up and down for a moment as was about to stop him from entering a gentleman from the side lines waved at him shaking his head and opened the door. " We can make room for your Mr Wayne and your date here. i up you enjoy your stay."
 
She was quite grateful for the stop at her car to drop off her bags. It would've been a bit much to lug them around. It also made her happy that she had actually decided to drive to the mall rather than take public transportation.

She might not have been too surprised if they had been kept out. But she also wasn't surprised that Bruce was well-known enough to get them in a place that was clearly quite crowded as it was. Since they were trying to give the press a bit of a show anyway, she understood his choice of the place and she was interested in trying it out so it was a win-win. She looked at him with a smile. "Shall we?"
 
" After you." He said with a small grin as they walked inside. To a very modern art style restaurant. It seemed to be booming with talk a few stares at them as they were directed to there seats. He went to one of the chairs moving it out for her to sit down.
 
Serenity smiled and thanked him when he pulled out a chair for her before sitting down. "So, tell me, what is it like running a corporation as big as Wayne Tech?" Her tone was one of genuine interest, as she was truly curious.
 
He sat down and began to read the menu as she asked her question. He peeked above the menu. "Well its not as hard as its seems. As long as you leave some trustworthy people in charge before you leave everything will run quite well. Its hard at the start but the ending is always sweet. I only have to go in once or twice a week to check up on things, to make sure things are running smoothly."

He toke a few moments after reading the menu folding it and putting it down. "So what about you? A heart throb like yourself should have the men lining up behind you."
 
Even as she looked over the menu herself, she was listening intently to his explanation in response to her question. "Well that must make things a lot easier. Though of course you're still the public face of the company so that means some extra time out of the office to be in the public eye."

She flustered a bit at his question, a blush tinting her cheeks at his compliment. "Little me? A heartthrob? I doubt it. I'm just a simple foreign language high school teacher." She was genuinely humble about her looks, especially since it was ages since she had heard a man compliment her looks so.
 
He looked her up and down and smiled at her. "At the risk of being called a bore and of disagreeing with a lady, you will have to forgive me for saying you are a very beautiful woman and if I had you as a teacher I would make sure I never skipped any lessons." He gazed into her eyes and his smile widened. "I take it by your answer then that there is no man in your life. That is something that I find strange but also strangely comforting. It means that maybe if this lunch goes well I just might have a chance of asking you out again."

Tapping his menu he changed the subject. "So, order anything you want. What's the point of having an expense card if you never use it."
 
Serenity smiled warmly. "I doubt I would ever find a reason to call you a bore. As for being in my class, you would probably be the only student to make every lesson with that reason. I'm quite sure my actual students just want to talk in the actual language of their favorite anime characters. You're also right that I have no man in my life."

She smirked when he offered for her to order whatever she wanted, inwardly imagining how she would've been but a few years ago with such an offer. "Anything I want huh?" She looked over the menu. "It all looks delicious. What might your personal recommendations be?"
 
"Me, well after seeing the menu I like to eat healthy but don't tell anyone ok. I have the whole playboy image to maintain," he chuckled. "Personally I would go for either the Grilled Octopus, toasted garlic, smoked paprika, fingerling potatoes, citrus vinaigrette or the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, cucumber, sesame seaweed, citrus, old bay sauce for starters, followed by Seared Crusted Yellow Fin Tuna, horseradish creme friache, radish, pea tendrils or the Seared Diver Scallops, celery root veloute, trumpet mushrooms, porcini, crispy egg. But that is just my preferences. If you want a steak or something else feel free."
 
Serenity giggled. "Your secret's safe with me. Though I doubt people haven't automatically figured out that you either eat healthy or work out." She then smiled. "They should really have you do recordings of an audio menu. You just made all those things seem much more delicious." She skimmed the menu again. "I do believe I'll be trying the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake. I'm feeling like trying something new. Though I'll be honest if I'll ever try octopus. I'd hate to see the reaction I would get from my male students if they heard their teacher tried octopus." She giggled.
 
Last edited:
"Well I think I will have the Seared Tuna. I love the taste of a well prepared piece of fish. Besides I think I need to watch my weight a little." Calling over the waiter he ordered for the both of them and added two glasses of white wine to the order. "I believe it is traditional for white to be served with seafood," he laughed. "I will only be having one though. I have a charity event later and you know how those events get."

Bruce looked over at Serenity with a thoughtful look on his face and then decided to take a risk. "I was wondering. If you are not doing anything after this, how about you attend the event with me? I don't have a date for it and it would be lovely if I turned up for it with a stunning lady such as yourself on my arm. I would be the envy of every man there. What do you say?"
 
Serenity giggled. "One drink is often my limit anyway. So we'll be matched." She smiled. "I have heard those charity events are quite big and can keep one busy through the night. But of course that's mostly going off of the newspapers."

It had caught her a little off guard when he asked her to be his date for the event but she smiled a little more nonetheless. "Provided I get to take my car home and get ready first, then I would love to go as your date."
 
Bruce smiled."Why I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a suite in town I can get changed in. One of the perks of the job so to speak. Why don't I pick you up later, that way we can arrive in style and really give the papers something to write about. I hope you don't mind if your students and fellow teachers start to talk about you?" he smiled cheekily. " Oh I completely forgot to ask. This is a black tie affair and on a teachers salary you may not have a dress you would be willing to show off in. We could go shopping if you like," He offered. "Not that I am saying that anything you show up in would look anything less than stunning mind you. You could make a potato sack look good I am sure," he stammered. Blushing he continued "I should just stop talking shouldn't I. I am only making it worse."
 
Serenity smiled. "I don't mind at all. If they talk then they talk. It's high school after all. Wouldn't be without some gossip here and there." She was glad when he mentioned what type of dress style was required. "Well at least now I don't have to ask. I think I might have a few dresses that I can choose from that'll work."

She giggled softly at the way he stammered. "You're doing fine. Though I'd be careful if I were you. You might lose that playboy image."
 
"Ahh supermodels and celebrities are easy to talk to. Everyday people now they are hard. However I find they are more rewarding. I am especially finding talking to you very refreshing." He was interrupted by the arrival of their meal, and their conversation was cut short as for the next fifteen minutes they enjoyed a rather nice meal.

"Well my dear if we are going to make that party tonight I am afraid we must cut this rather pleasant interlude short. Would you allow me to escort you to your car? Of course I must get your address of you as well or it would be rather awkward for me to try and pick you up this evening," he laughed. He called for the check and handed over his card.
 
Serenity smiled as a light blush tinted her cheeks. "Well it's been said I'm quite easy to talk to and get along with. A natural thing you would say."

She giggled softly. "It would be a pleasure to have you escort me back to my car. I'll make sure you get my address and my cell number once we're there."
 
Bruce offered Serenity his arm and exited the restaurant. They strolled casually back to her car stopping to admire several items displayed in shop windows and talking casually before they arrived at her car.
"Well then I will say goodbye until tonight then," he said lifting her hand and kissing it gently. "Now if You would be so kind as to give me your number and address I will be sure to call you a good twenty minutes before I pick you up so you will be sure to be ready."
 
Serenity took his arm gratefully, walking alongside him and making small talk at different displays. She blushed a bit when he kissed her hand. Once at her car, she opened the door and reached in the glove compartment, pulling out a business card styled for her. "Good thing I keep these handy in case I run into parents of students. They can call me directly to set up some extra tutoring that way." She wrote down her address on the back of the card and held it out to him. "Address on the back, cell number on the front."
 
Back
Top