What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all.

Slept.....reasonably well. Took a while to get to sleep, despite having a very warm, soft, very sleepy wife cuddled in my arms....damn cough wouldn't let me lie on my back. But eventually exhaustion took over.

It's now just after 8.00, and I will NOT go back to bed, however much I want to. I have to start getting my metabolism back to UK time. Going to have to wake the wife up soon too......or she'll just sleep the day away, with her body thinking its still on Phoenix time.

I have tea, I've had my pain au raisin, I'm good. For now.

*yawn*

Morning all!

*hugs all round*

I just couldn't wake up this morning, eventually I made it up at 8am. Glad it's Morning prayer today -means the church service will be significantly shorter -whoop!

Mood: Excited, my phaze fury "Masquerading Hearts" will be released today! :nana:
It never gets boring, this professional authoring lark *grins*

Just spent the last half hour reading Dr. Mab's 'Selling the War' thread and thoroughly depressed myself.

*sigh*.

People suck.

I think I'll cheer myself up with a 'good morning' kiss and cuddle with the wife. Yep. That'll do it.

Later.

*yawn* I'm here. Rearranging furniture today -- and reading a book so I can complete its cover art -- and sifting through submissions for Coming Together: For the Cure -- and playing with new kitten (because he will not be denied).

:kiss:es to y'all. Have a terrific Sunday!

my only day off and im sitting here unable to decide what of the squillion things i have to do...to do.
finally broke down and showed the middle child how to shave her legs. *cringe* i dont want her to grow up. i want her to be this way for a long time--i know better.

Want this cough/congestion to go away.....breathing isn't good, and the coughing fits sound like I'm whooping. And it hurts.

*sigh*

matriarch said:
Want this cough/congestion to go away.....breathing isn't good, and the coughing fits sound like I'm whooping. And it hurts.

*sigh*
get betterer very soon, gorgeous. im hating this for you too. *gentle healing hugs*

vella_ms said:
get betterer very soon, gorgeous. im hating this for you too. *gentle healing hugs*

Thank you sweetheart, I hate it too, but this too will pass.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

matriarch said:

*sigh*

Have a few hugs (and a Vick inhalation).

Og

Belegon said:
Going to a Cinco De Mayo party and to watch the fight in a little bit...

Fajitas & Margaritas! Yum...

*says so many cusswords in a few seconds that is :eek: *

I never forget Cinco De Mayo and we always have a special meal and special day. In all the rush and finals and just annoying crap I forgot:(
Mood is depressed and a little pissed off at myself now.

I'll just have to do it another night or after finals fit everything I have forgotten to do celebration wise in one great big meal weekend. :eek:

oggbashan said:
Have a few hugs (and a Vick inhalation).

Og

Hugs accepted.
And I ALWAYS use vic.

Which brings me to a strange thing.

I bought a jar of Vic while we were in Phoenix.

It smells completely different - very sweet.

And it was made........IN MEXICO!!! ?? WTF???

Good to get back to UK Vic, and the smell and deep penetration (stop it !!) I'm used to.

matriarch said:
Good to get back to UK Vic, and the smell and deep penetration (stop it !!) I'm used to.

The 'stop it!!' part made me laugh more than the former! *snickers* :D

Isn't Vicks wonderful :D i love the smell :D

matriarch said:

As Victoria Blisse, I thought you meant ME!!!! *LOL* that confused me for a while...

matriarch said:
Hugs accepted.
And I ALWAYS use vic.

Which brings me to a strange thing.

I bought a jar of Vic while we were in Phoenix.

It smells completely different - very sweet.

And it was made........IN MEXICO!!! ?? WTF???

The UK VicK is (or was) banned for athletes. Apparently it contains (contained) a performance-enhancing compound and can be detected in a drug test.

The US version, like US car engines, has had its performance downgraded in the interests of public safety.

Check before importing Vick to the US. There is also a problem with some other UK proprietary medicines for coughs and colds. Some of the ingredients are classed as illegal drugs in the UK.

Things are not as bad as they used to be in the 1960s. Collis-Browne mixture could give hallucinations in fairly low doses. Now it has been modified so that it doesn't contain morphine. Chemists used to be suspicious of students buying Collis-Browne.

Some students still buy Collis-Browne because they haven't realised that the formula has been changed. Urban myths live...

Og

oggbashan said:
The UK VicK is (or was) banned for athletes. Apparently it contains (contained) a performance-enhancing compound and can be detected in a drug test.

The US version, like US car engines, has had its performance downgraded in the interests of public safety.

Check before importing Vick to the US. There is also a problem with some other UK proprietary medicines for coughs and colds. Some of the ingredients are classed as illegal drugs in the UK.

Things are not as bad as they used to be in the 1960s. Collis-Browne mixture could give hallucinations in fairly low doses. Now it has been modified so that it doesn't contain morphine. Chemists used to be suspicious of students buying Collis-Browne.

Some students still buy Collis-Browne because they haven't realised that the formula has been changed. Urban myths live...

Og

I didn't take any ~Vick with me, I didn't think I'd need it, hence the need to buy some over there. I know the States have different drug rules, I can't get ibuprofen gel over there for muscle pain.......over here, I can buy it off the shelf in Tescos.

I use Benlyn cough medicine over here, can't get it in the States, but the wife picked up some stuff for me. She watches over me very closely.

fan-bloody-tastic, thank you :)

Masquerading Hearts is out, my third Phaze title...I can't believe that, you know? I still can't believe I had one accepted never mind more -it's mindbogglingly awesome :)

And Manchester United are Premiership champions 'cos Chelsea failed to win at Aresnal -woo hoo! :nana: I feel totally smiley-the boys deserve it.

So :nana: all round.

I'm reallytired though, bed soon I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back