New Poetry Recommendations

Wednesday's Review

.
18 pieces read through today but not many tickled my fancy; must be the 4-day weekend we had here in the states - hump-day feels like Monday - gross. So here are my meager picks...

From ramonathompson come a pair that target Ann Coulter; the only question being which is more devastating, Zero or Hero? Read 'em and decide for yourself: Real American Zero and Real American Hero

On a less contentious note, bluerains offers up Beyond Zero. And no, there's no connection to the previous works mentioned.

Finally, my favorite of the day comes from Sealace with a bit of humor displayed in hidden in my locker all year. Quite vivid.

Give the others a peek and let 'em know what you think. Perhaps the piece from lobomao or Cockyfox will appeal.

.
 
Thanks for the tip, Rybka! I would like to second the recommendation, run don't walk http://english.literotica.com:81/stories/memberpage.php?uid=696043 -- he has good instinct, rough edge without coming across as trying too hard to be hard. Much enjoyed!

Rybka said:
There are several poems well worth reading today, but I will leave most of them for the day's reviewer. ~ I do want to point out a poet who has been with Literotica for just a month. raynecrow2 has only five poems posted, but there are two new ones today that I really like: Hospitalized

and A bird with just one wing.


Both poems are on the dark side, but also some humor shows through the pathos. This poet kind of reminds me of Denis Hale if someone had finally thrown a net over him and hauled him off.

Go read this new guy and see what you think!
 
TGIF New Poems 7-7-06

A Sundowner (poetry challenge) by wildsweetone...can't stop reading this one. If I were the Sun I, too, would promise to set every night to feel the Wind dancing like this. Feel this poem in your mouth, on your breath, as you read it.

Idared by clutching-calliope makes my breath quicken and catch, my nostrils flair, and Eros rush and flush into my cheeks. "Her bottom was an August red..." "She rose on all four points." And that's just the beginning! Poetry made flesh made poetry.

Blenheim Oranges by Victoria_Lucas is the best kind of reminiscent poetic navel gazing. Somewhere, a Superman is brooding on the skyscarper edge of lost opportunity, "It could have been me..."

Tydeman's Late Orange by Dustystar. James Joyce meets Magritte.

Dawn Lover by Sapphos Sister is as sweetly laced a rhyming poem as I have read on Lit.

*Gratitude to Vampiredust for covering for me last week!

In poesis,
S&D
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 8, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the stars are gone by Vampiredust

clipLet us grow old together,
you and I, and watch our
roots sink in landscapes


a star poem <grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

southern charm by yourlittledominatrix

southern charm without the southern comfort!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Have a quality weekend and read the poems in the new poems list!
 
There were two poems posted yesterday by new Literotician Dangerouspoet that I enjoyed: Snowman and Rebecca. I especially liked the former.

Go check him out and give him some feedback. :)
 
Wednesday's Review

A Baker's dozen out on this sticky rainy day and {for a change} most are at least fairly decent writes. So, here are my favorites for today - and my two picks for today:

The Mutt leads the list with a nice light piece about That Lady.

sack does a good job with the moving piece that follows, Return to Love.

Maria2394 brings us a fine piece in the form of Jenny's Dilemma. Love that ending.

vampiredust has a vivid piece in Pitchforks.

RhymeFairy has a couple pieces out today. First up is He ... Touched Me, a rather nice piece. But she really does a good job with Silk Slip Of Nothing.

But don't stop there — give the others a read and share with us your thoughts. It's not just the rain that makes reading today's submissions such a delight.
 
TGIF New Poems 7-14-06

Of the 11 poems of the day, I found this poem to be intriguing...randoms, by sandd_bound. In the midst of the poet's fun, but adolescent, Rob-Zombie-Goth body of work this poem stands out as an example of shining potential. Please read and encourage this poet, there's much soul and beauty waiitng behind the (admittedly sexy) black lipstick.

In poesis,
S&D
 
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 15, 2006

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.

Mark Twain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question man's destiny in a 1984 way! <grin

clip~ Are we so far into the apple
that we have ingested the parasitic worm?


Bytes, Bits by quietpoet... an intriguing poem!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dairy Queen Girl by neonurotic ... oh what fun you can have with a ice cream machine and a dairy queen girl <bigrin...

also...

Postcards and a pocket full of Greece , neo's poetic charm always intrigues me! (~_~)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The balloon seller, Brighton pier by vampiredust, enchanting write of the gasious ghosts at Brighton pier <grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a quality weekend (~_~)
 
Wednesday's Review

After listening to several hours of mind-numbing talk in a House subcommittee, I need a break! An easy eleven pieces to cover today, so let's see what we've got. Not much really tickled my fancy - but at least check these out:

Dragon At The Door by Valiant.

Santa Eva by Maggie Red Rose.

Shy ... by RhymeFairy.

Fellatio by Selkie1.

And give the rest a look - perhaps you've had a better day and something else will tickle your mind.
 
Back
Top