[closed] What Might Have Been

Maka

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Posts
1,432
Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest these -it might have been


Five years ago, college student Jay Brown had to make the hardest decision of his life, a decision that would change his life in ways even he could not have anticipated. It was a choice between two girls.

Jay could have had his pick of girls on campus. With his wild, soulful intensity; his leanly muscled body, and the intelligence and humour visible in his blue-eyed gaze, he was used to attracting his fair share of female attention -an unfair share, some jealous males complained. The girls who'd shared his bed added to his visible attractions the further incentives of a gigantic cock, prodigious energy and stamina in bed, and a tender knowledge and understanding of the female body that most of them had given up on searching for in a mate. He was always kind, considerate, respectful... and yet in bed, he was the very wildest and most passionate of lovers. There was a reverential air in the way they spoke about his capabilities.

All of his life, Jay had protected and cared for his best friend Isabelle Hart. A shy, demure little thing for all her pure, fragile beauty, Isabelle cast a kind of enchantment on everyone who knew her. The urge to shield her, to keep her safe, was strong in everyone who met her, although especially men. Sweet and timid, Isabelle was like a shadow to Jay through his college years, and the two were rarely seen apart, much to the frustration of some of the more predatory men tantalised by the thought of seducing and exploiting the innocent brunette's untouched young body. Isabelle blushed like a sunset whenever the topic of sex was broached, particularly the occasional lewd jokes about her friend Jay and the women that moved in and out of his life.

And indeed, Isabelle was never quite as sweetly courteous to Jay's on-and-off girlfriends as she was to everyone else. There was a certain coolness there, a coolness that some gave as the cause for the temporariness of all these arrangements. Jay, it was generally agreed, was never going to settle for anyone his fair little buddy didn't approve of. And she didn't seem to approve of any of them -least of all, the last and most significant, Jessica Lawrence, in their final year of university.

Jessica Lawrence roared into Jay's life like a tornado. They met on a dance-floor at a concert in a campus bar and instantly an explosive sexual chemistry was born. They fucked in the bathroom of the bar after dancing together for half an hour -and came damn near close to fucking on the dance floor. Isabelle's first introduction to Jessica came when she called by Jay's the next day for a study date -Jessica answered the door topless, waved her nonchalantly inside and asked if she knew how big her friend Jay's cock was.

The two never became great friends.

But for three heated weeks, Jay saw very little of Isabelle, or indeed of much else besides Jessica. They lived and breathed each other, fucking like animals wherever and whenever they felt the need. There was an electricity between them, an irresponsible and uncaring wildness. It was while, still panting after yet another energetic bout of fucking, that Jessica suggested it. They should go to New York. Right then, right now. Fuck graduating, and fuck this town. They didn't need anything but each other. And Jay agreed. He'd take twenty-four hours to say his goodbyes, then he'd join Jessica at the bus depot.

And the longest and hardest goodbye was to Isabelle. Tears in her gorgeous blue eyes, she'd told him he was being stupid, that he was letting his dick think for him, that there was no way that Jessica's crazy plans for life would work, or that she'd even stay interested in him past another month. And Isabelle, angry and terrified and heartbroken, finally spat it out. She loved Jay, in a way Jessica never could. And she'd stand by him and support him like Jessica never could, too. She'd do anything, if he would just stay with her...


It could have been

Jay went to the bus depot. He met Jessica there and they took the long bus ride together, arms around each other, kissing passionately and enjoying the disapproving glares from the older bus-patrons.

They found a decrepit studio apartment in Manhattan. They found a group of artistic, punkish, prickly friends. They made a very small amount of money working odd-jobs but they enjoyed wild sex at all hours of day and night, keeping up the neighbours with Jessica's screams and yowls of pleasure.

Five years passed. Isabelle broke off all contact. Part of Jay always wondered if he'd made the right choice.


It could have been

Isabelle's eyes swam with tears. Jay had never let anyone hurt her in his life. He gathered her up in his arms, began to stroke her long, silky brown hair back. Almost accidentally, their lips met and then they began kissing -long and slow kisses, Isabelle's eyes closed as though she thought she might be dreaming. He never went to the bus depot.

Jay and Isabelle saw out their final term together, supporting and helping each other through exams. Few of their friends were surprised that they'd ended up together, even if some were a little amused at how quickly Jessica Lawrence had vanished from the scene. Jay took it slow with Isabelle. For all her shy affection, she was still a little frightened by the effect he had on her body, by the way he could cause her nipples to stiffen and her sex to moisten just by looking at her or whispering her name. Jay was slow and tender with her, only taking her virginity after graduation. She whimpered and gasped, biting back cries of pleasure for fear her roommates would hear them.

They both good jobs, and were soon renting a house in the suburbs, not far from Isabelle's parents.Though now they had a whole house to themselves, Isabelle remained a little timid in the bedroom, as though still frightened of the forces Jay might let loose.

Five years passed. The two became engaged. Jay never heard anything more of Jessica. Part of him always wondered if he'd made the right choice.



Today

Jay jerked awake. For a moment, he found it hard to distinguish dream from reality. His dreams had been particularly lush with erotic detail -his massive cock hard and erect and ready for action. He needed release.

There was something not quite right about his surroundings. It was still dark, too dark to see but the room seemed smaller and closer than the master bedroom of the suburban home he shared with Isabelle -no doubt a lingering effect of his dream-confusion. In any case, what he wanted was snuggled down on the bed beside him -a slender, feminine form, beautifully naked.

He frowned. Isabelle always wore her cute pyjamas. Had she stripped in the middle of the night? But it hardly mattered. He ran his arm around her slim waist, and breathed in her ear:

"Wake up, sweetheart."
 
She groaned as she turned to face him "I just got into bed...go back to sleep Jay."

Jessica had spent the night out at some bar. Drinking, dancing, causing a scene. It was her usual routine. After leaving college her partying ways had continued and she showed no signs of slowing down.

For the past year she had been waitressing to make some cash but it had become boring and repetitive. She had moved here for an exciting life full of parties, sex, and late nights. Quitting her job put them in a bit of a hard spot financially but they would figure it out, they always did and she knew he wouldn't leave her. When he had agreed to join her she knew he was hooked. He enjoyed the wild sex just as much as she did. It was like a drug and they had become addicted.
 
Last edited:
Jay recieved the shock of his life when the bed's other occupant turned around and he found himself staring into the gorgeous, sleepy face of Jessica Lawrence.

"Jessica! What the fuck!?"

Now he thought about it, that answered another question. There was a spicy, musky scent lingering in the air -a heady, tantalising fragrance, one he hadn't smelled in five years. It was Jessica's scent and it had never failed to drive him wild. It was all over the sheets, all over her, all over him... and it was doing nothing to diminish his arousal. What had happened last night?
 
Jessica sighed and quickly sat up "what the hell? I told you I was going out, you could have come with me but you wanted to stay here. What's your problem this morning?" She asked looking down at him as he lay there just staring at her.
 
"What's my problem?" Jay answered. He grabbed Jessica by the shoulder. "What are you even doing here? How did you get in? Where's Isabelle?"

He brought her face close to his. God, she smelled good. He'd forgotten how good she smelled.
 
"I live here! I don't know what's gotten into you. We've lived here for what five years now..." Her bright blue eyes stared at him as she pushed his hand away "I don't know where Isabelle is. Why does it even matter, she hasn't been a part of your life in years. What made you even think of her?" She asked pushing a few strands of her red hair out of her face. Her other hand had slipped beneath the sheets as she lightly grasped his penis, carefully stroking him, hoping to push Isabelle out of his mind.
 
Last edited:
Oh God. Her hand, so confident and sure of her desires. Her sparkling, challenging blue eyes. Her smell. Her naked body. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, Jay realised that he didn't recognise his surroundings at all. They were in some kind of loft, decorated with art-posters and strewn with boxes and discarded clothing and books -very different from the neatly well-ordered bedroom he'd fallen asleep in. Indeed, neat-freak Isabelle would have had a fit at the state of the room -although even more so at the sight the bed offered, of a beautiful naked woman, her one-time great rival, with her hand on her fiance's cock.

It had to be a dream. A more vivid, erotic dream than Jay had ever experienced before, but a dream nonetheless. And if it was a dream, he was free to do as he liked. He let out a murmur of pleasure at Jessica's touch.

"Doesn't matter," he said. "Forget her. Kiss me."
 
Jessica smiled "Of course..." She said pulling back the sheets and letting go of his hard cock. Leaning over him she slowly lowered her head down to his cock softly kissing the tip. As she took him in her mouth she looked him the eyes, wanting to know just how much he was enjoy it as she started to suck him.
 
Jessica smiled "Of course..." She said pulling back the sheets and letting go of his hard cock. Leaning over him she slowly lowered her head down to his cock softly kissing the tip. As she took him in her mouth she looked him the eyes, wanting to know just how much he was enjoy it as she started to suck him.

Jay sucked in a sharp breath and groaned in delight. He had been actually asking for a kiss to reacquaint himself with the feel of her sweet lips, but he supposed he could live with this. Hell Isabelle never did anything like this to him. The few times she had taken him in her mouth she had been so hesitant and timid it was almost more of a turnoff than pleasure.

Jessica however knew what she was doing and the feeling was exquisite. He had not felt anything like this for...well five years. "Oh god now I remember why I loved doing this," he moaned out.
 
Jessica continued, working fast, knowing it wouldn't take long for her to make him cum. Her method was fast and sloppy but she knew what she was doing. Her younger kept almost constant contact with some part of his cock as she sucked him. When he came she stalled and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "What are your plans for today?" She asked getting up and pulling on a tank top and underwear. "Did you find any work?"
 
Work, hell yes he had work. He was the vice president at the Marshall Sampson Banker's and financiers and if he didn't show up soon not only would he be fired but Isabelle would find out about his little fling.

Then he looked around and a few things she had said while he was waking up finally settled into place. They had been here five years and this looked so much like a New york apartment it could have come right out of a guide book. What the hell was going on? He needed time to figure this out and he knew of one way.

"Ah not yet babe but I got a lead I need to get to soon," he said getting up and finding some reasonably clean clothes to put on.
 
"Okay, good luck." She said going to the kitchen and making some toast "I'm going out with some friends at eight so don't worry if I'm gone when you get back." She said "I don't know where we are going yet. I'll try to be back by three at the latest."
 
"Fine but if you come home drunk and horny like last time you better wake me up," he smiled.
 
"When would I ever not wake you up." She sat down on their old beaten up couch and flipped on the tv. "Try not to work too hard. You'll need your strength later." She said winking at him.
 
Jay grinned at her then headed out the door. He scanned the hallway finding the way out then quickly hit the street. Looking around he was soon sure of a few things. One, he was definitely in Manhattan. A quick look at the skyline had confirmed that. Two, something damn freaky was going on. He had passed a news box on the corner and had glanced at the date. It was the same year and month he remembered but sure enough it was the next day. He found a phone that worked and quickly dialed his home number. That familiar ladies voice from countless tv shows answered him. 'The number you have dialed is not connected...'. He hung up and then dialed her parents place. Her father answered and he was so relieved. "Thank god you are there Mr Hart. Is Isabelle okay, is she safe. I need to talk to her and find out what is going on. it's Jay."

Silence greeted him for awhile and then a gruff voice began, "Is this some sort of joke son. Five years ago you damn near broke my little girls heart in two and she has spent years trying to get over you. Not a word from you, not a phone call, not even a letter to explain why. Now you phone up all frantic like you not only expect me to want to talk to you but Isabelle as well. Now I want you to listen good boy. Don't ever call here again, don't come anywhere near my house, my daughter hell my state or I will shoot you down like a...."

Jay hung up on him but he had gotten the message. This was not the same world he had gone to sleep in last night. He needed to go someplace and think. Maybe someplace that could tell him a few things. The library. Perfect. Now he just had to find it.
 
The library was a couple of blocks away but not too difficult to find. "Can I help you?" A woman asked noticing his confused look when he walked inside. "Is there something particular you are looking for? Or are just here to browse?"
 
"Actually I am looking for your computers please ma'am. I would like to do some research and maybe if you could show me where the recent history section is, that would be most helpful."
 
She nodded and guided him to the collection of books containing recent history and then showed him to their computers. "If you need any other help just let me know."
 
Jay thanked the woman and settled in for a long day. He started his search on the day he had had to choose between staying with Isabelle or leaving with Jessica. From there he started to search historical events he knew about with what had happened here. After two hours of searching he had nothing. Scratching his head he leaned back in the chair and gazed at the ceiling. So far everything had matched up, yet he was sure he was onto something.

Maybe he was thinking too large. Maybe he should start smaller. He pulled up the list of college graduates from that year and all of the friends he had made at his job. Sure enough now he started to see differences. He remembered two years ago just after starting work at Marshall Sampson, he had been able to subdue a gun wielding maniac by a fluke accident. Now he found an article showing how 12 people had been shot before the gunman had been killed by police. More such things jumped out at him as he learned to find them.

The time he saved the kid from drowning while on vacation. Gone. Kid dead. That computer error he had found that would have cost his first company millions to fix. Gone. Lawsuits, business collapses, hundreds out of work. He even followed some of those and saw how those deaths led to others.

Damn just what sort of place was he in?
 
"Did you find everything you need sir?" The woman from earlier asked "Anything you want to check out?"

It was late, Jessica put on a tight, short dress and left with her friends for some club where she proceeded to drink, grind against any guy that let her, and even mess around with one or two of them. For her it was the same as every night since she had gotten to New York.
 
Jay shook his head and thanked her then headed back to the apartment. He let himself in with a set of keys he found in his pocket and then finding himself starving rummaged in the cupboards and fridge to find something to eat. There wasn't much but he was able to make himself a meal of some leftover take out that looked okay and a bag of chips. he hit the couch and turned on the TV. Everything seemed the same. Same doom and gloom as he remembered but there was just something slightly off that he couldn't put his finger on. Maybe it would come to him.

He scrunched down and tried to piece together what was happening to him.
 
It was around four in the morning when Jessica got back to the apartment. She was clearly very intoxicated. Stumbling around she found Jay and messily stripped off what few clothes she had on "I want you SOOOO bad...." She slurred out before crashing onto the couch.
 
Jay looked at her in bemusement. He had been half dozing and had been woken up when she had noisily tried to open the door. It had taken her over a minute before she had finally managed it. Now here she was, pissed as, naked and trying to find his cock.

He was half turned on and half disgusted. Was this the sort of life he had led with her for five years. Dead end jobs, shitty place, living on barely enough food to survive and partying and fucking every day and night. It had sounded great when he had been young but how long can you really do that? Still she was damn hot He thought and the things she had let him do to her, check that must still let him do to her.

Oh hell if he was going to be stuck here he may as well enjoy it at least once. He stood up and was naked in record time then picking up her practically limp body he draped her over the arm of the couch and stood behind her. Oh he remembered those firm ass cheeks and sweet pussy. He grabbed her hips and positioning his very erect dick at the entrance of her pussy he smiled. "Well Jess I hope you are ready because here I come." with that he thrust into her hard and fast burying himself deep into her in one thrust and then pulling back out to do it all over again, building up a fast, cheek pounding pace."
 
Jessica let out a few muffled moans every once in awhile but remained mostly silent. His cock pounding into her was the only thing keeping her from fully passing out right where she was.
 
Back
Top