how to put lit stories in e-reader

hairball101

Really Experienced
Can anyone tell me how to put stories from Literotica in my tablet and read like a book? I travel a lot and would like to take some stories with me, and there are so many great stories here.
Thank You
Hairy

I started reading LIT on an Android tablet using the LIT app. It allows pre-loading 10 or so stories at a time -- pick some LONG ones and it'll keep you occupied for quite a while. :)

Now, the app doesn't mention preloading. But it does work. If you just start selecting stories, your last 10 will be on there. I load via WiFi linkage -- if the tablet gets a signal, I can load LIT stories on it. Good luck!

There are a couple of ways...

1.) for Android devices use the Lit App.

2.) The other way is to cut and paste the story into MSWord or some other word processor like Open Office(open office is free MSOffice look a like) and save as a doc file. You can then upload the doc file to a kindle reader device.

Or you can download Calibre. Save the doc file as an RTF and load into Calibre and convert to and epub file which will load into almost any device out there...except kindle.

There are a couple of ways...

1.) for Android devices use the Lit App.

2.) The other way is to cut and paste the story into MSWord or some other word processor like Open Office(open office is free MSOffice look a like) and save as a doc file. You can then upload the doc file to a kindle reader device.

Or you can download Calibre. Save the doc file as an RTF and load into Calibre and convert to and epub file which will load into almost any device out there...except kindle.
OR...

Use Calibre to convert to AZW3, MOBI, or PDF which Kindles can read.

I think most eReaders can handle PDF files, so any program that can convert HTML to PDF should be useful.

PS: Just tried converting this page:

Go to File -> Save As -> HTML Only

Add resulting file to Calibre Library

Convert to desired format (probably Epub or AZW3)

Transfer to eReader (via USB for Kindle as appropriate for others)

Thank you all so much, i'll see if I can figure this out. Im still trying to figure out this android stuff.

How to do a couple of things

Hi all, very new here - just a couple of days...

Could anyone help me do two things please...

1. How to un-like or un-favourite my own story - was fiddling around (no pun intended) and accidently clicked the 'favourite or like tab' and now I look like a right idiot.

2. How to add stories to my sig (footer).

I keep looking around, but it seems the more I do, the more mess I make. I'm sure I will get the hang of it - but this place is HUGE!

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

T

Threadjack!

1. How to un-like or un-favourite my own story - was fiddling around (no pun intended) and accidently clicked the 'favourite or like tab' and now I look like a right idiot.

I keep looking around, but it seems the more I do, the more mess I make. I'm sure I will get the hang of it - but this place is HUGE!

T
This should really go in its own thread.

1) Go back to the story page and click the FAVE button again.
2) Same way you already have links in your .sig now.

Cheers!

T

As you already have "links" in your sig, you either figured it out or mean something different. I will assume you mean something different.

To make a link that is the text My Stories, highlight My Stories and then click on the link button above...wait you do have the editing option set to "Standard Editor - Extra editing control" selected in your profile options?

It should look like this if you do...

editor.jpg

If it does...highlight the text you want to be a link and click on the link icon- that's the little world with a chain link on it - then add the url you want to link to in the dialog box that pops up. Click okay and you should see text as follows:

URL="http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=704709&page=submissions"My Stuff at Lit /URL

enclosed in brackets. The test in this case My Stuff as Lit will become a link.

I hope this helps and this is what you are looking for.

From Calibre you can email it to a kindle, after conversion to either AWZ3 or mobi format....

I have shoe stringed a program together...

That I can feed a story url in and it creates a epub file, then I can feed it into Calibre then to Kindle... I tried to get more on a cleaner way of doing it but it creates a usable 'book'...

The reason I haven't really released it is concerns over copyright (it could easily rip the site into pubs)...

I made a suggestion at one point to put a link on the story to download... and offered to code it...

Back