The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween 2018 Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Posts
56,017
I am starting this thread now because this contest starts in a month. Writers should be thinking about Halloween now to get a story submitted for the start.

Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 2
closes: October 23
winners announced: October 30


This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Halloween Contest. Get your characters frightened, dressed-up, and sexy.

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do.

Some of that attention might be unwelcome, some abusive, but some could be appreciative and helpful.
__________________


Extract from Welcome Authors! Please Read:

PLEASE NOTE: DO read ALL contest rules. We had many cases of authors not putting the proper phrase in the NOTES field, which meant that we couldn't find their submission and thus they were not entered in contests. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do read the special contest announcements when they are posted (usually around two weeks before the contest start).
__________________


__________________
 
I have two under construction. One is witches and warlocks and the other is a D/s story set at a Halloween party.

Now to see if I can get either one finished.
 
I have one that I started before last year's contest and didn't finish in time, so I'm determined to get it done this time.
 
I've been in something of a funk for awhile. Had some ideas for Nude Day and Summer Lovin', but couldn't get off the stick to get a full sentence written.

Maybe, just maybe I'm coming out the other side and will get a little something in for All Hallow's E'en. (Much less anything else.)

tumblr_num280XgBq1uefxi4o1_250.gif
 
Well I had a great idea for a Halloween story. 3k words in already. Erotic horror.

Hoooo on a roll. 4800 words. Flames of Samhain. Might have to tone down the ending tho. Just how much detail can you get into with human sacrifice?
 
Last edited:
Wow. On a roll with this one. 25k words since the weekend and it's rolling along.its way erotic horror so I started a happy little incest one just to lighten up when I needed a break.
 
Considering submitting an older story of mine. Someone here edited it for me in 2016, but I never did anything with it after that.
The ending though is lacking. It just needs something.
 
I don't have much interest in Halloween. I have a story in planning that centers around Dias de los Muertos (Nov 1 and 2). Does the contest theme generalize to include them? I doubt that it does.
 
I don't have much interest in Halloween. I have a story in planning that centers around Dias de los Muertos (Nov 1 and 2). Does the contest theme generalize to include them? I doubt that it does.

IMO, I think it should. I find that way more interesting than the US version of Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve or Samhain(which is pretty freaking interesting).
 
I’ve had a reverse Hansel and Grettel story rolling around my head for many a Moon but that’s probably a bit cliche nowadays.
 
I have three identified that I'll have to pull up and review again.
 
I'm working on one with an Evil Wizard seducing his pretty new Assistant. Chaos ensues
 
I don't have much interest in Halloween. I have a story in planning that centers around Dias de los Muertos (Nov 1 and 2). Does the contest theme generalize to include them? I doubt that it does.

It's related to Halloween, same origins so why not. Just go for it. Mine is Samhain which is about as close as dips De los muertes.
 
I'm aiming for 3-4 on this one. One mom/son, one group sex, one lesbian, maybe a brother/sister one too.
 
It's related to Halloween, same origins so why not. Just go for it. Mine is Samhain which is about as close as dips De los muertes.

They don't have the same origin at all. Halloween and Samhain are European traditions. Dias de los Muertos is a condensation of a Mesoamerican ancestor-worship tradition, which the church moved to All Saints Day, probably after they couldn't suppress it.

Dias de Los Muertos does start at midnight on Halloween.
 
I just submitted another story for pub last night so this is timely. I have this idea rolling around in my head for a Halloween story that includes a shape-shifter. Lets see if I can get my act together and get one in for the contest :)
 
They don't have the same origin at all. Halloween and Samhain are European traditions. Dias de los Muertos is a condensation of a Mesoamerican ancestor-worship tradition, which the church moved to All Saints Day, probably after they couldn't suppress it.

Dias de Los Muertos does start at midnight on Halloween.

That was what happened to Samhain. Old pagan festival taken over by the church. Different festivals but same adoption technique. That was kind of what I was getting at. The Catholic Church was outstanding at that. Even the adoption of ritual cannibalism. Fascinating.
 
Shit, this came quickly. I'm gonna see if I can finish a story I stated last year. It's probably stretching the theme a bit as it's about people dressing as themselves rather than as something different. But challenges are fun.
 
I’ve had a reverse Hansel and Grettel story rolling around my head for many a Moon but that’s probably a bit cliche nowadays.


Cliches seem to be much more acceptable in erotica and porn than they are in most other areas of art. Go for it.
 
I had a 3k word breakthrough on one of my Halloween stories. There may be hope of finishing one after all. :)
 
Wonder if I can find someone to edit mine, LOL.
It needs checked again since I've changed it around since it was last edited.
My Dutch friend is going to read it over, but she's Dutch and english grammar isn't perfect for her. At least she can tell me if the storyline is shit or not though.
 
Back
Top