Anyone else prefer movie sex scenes?

Yes same for me - porn is wham bang to the action, in the movies you have part of the build up, in real-life you have the entire seduction, build and action. Which probably why many get off so much on fantasies as you have the entire build up through to action of which it;s all fun.

yep, that's it for me.
 
This might seem weird to some people, but I get far more turned on from watching sex scenes in a movie than from watching porn. Even if there are no genitals or breasts shown at all. It just seems so much more sensual and emotional than anything you see in porn. The cinematography in movies just make them so much more effective for me. Another thing is the speed. For me, foreplay is just as, if not more, fun than actual sex, so that's another reason why I prefer movies. While porn just cuts to the intercourse, so it just feels less emotional and as a result doesn't turn me on as much. I always say to myself, "No, you're going to fast!!" when watching porn.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else here feels the same way.

Absolutely.

That also goes for stories, too. On here there are far too many which seem to move immediately to plunging in - male writers are very much prone to this. A good build up and a believable plot are vital elements for me.

The vast majority of porn films are very poorly made with a story line on which a very small proportion of the budget has been spent and the acting, especially the sex acting, is totally lacking. A good film draws you into it, to the extent that you should be able to imagine being in it. It becomes believable, making you want to be part of it.
 
There are a couple hot scenes in Desert Hearts, Two Moon Junction and Perfect Strangers
 
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea

The scene where Sarah Miles is sitting in front of her dressing table masturbating while her son is spying on her through the peephole in his room made a lasting image in my brain. I guess it helps that I just love watching women touch themselves, hear the sounds they make and the visuals as the cum.....just amazing.
 
In porn, characters have sex because they can.
In movies, characters have sex because they can't not.

The latter is exponentially hotter because there is an emotional investment...that ALWAYS makes sex hotter! Even if i don't see the act, implied sex can also be arousing.
 
In my former years, when I was only recently legal to see porn, that sex in a movie was definitely arousing. The first movie I saw a sex scene in was Body Heat (1981). There were multiple sex scenes between Turner and Hurt throughout, but the one that was the most provocative was in, what I described at the time as the "anal sex scene."

Ignorant young (adult) me went to the "obvious" conclusion that they were engaged in anal sex for Turner to cry out so during one sex scene. Also right after, she commented while the two were bathing together, about his demands for sex were becoming too "unusual" and that he hurt her in being so demanding. That was the clincher to young me. They had simulated and were alluding to anal sex. A very arousing image for my mind at the time.

At the time, people tended to think when an actor or actress went nude in a movie or did a sex scene, they had sunk down to the bottom of their career and nobody would want to see more of them after that or all Hollywood would cast them for is more sex scenes. Turner never impressed me that she was that great an actress before hand and I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed with her after Body Heat.

However, I liked that later on, actresses and actors broke that perception mold.

Unfortunate was when I saw a young (21 at the time) actress who had "grown up with me", Kim Richards, being in her first and, as far as I know, last sex scene in Tuff Turf with a relatively unknown actor at the time, known as James Spader. They didn't have sex, so much as have a partial nudity scene together (she didn't have a body double) with the camera focusing on her facial expressions, which suggest sex. I was both envious and hated Spader at the time for "having sex" with her (A couple of years later I felt vindictively happy that he played the part of the overly fussy stooge VP in Mannequin). Kim Richards, true to the before mentioned methodology, pretty much ended her career with the making of that movie.
:(

There are other sex scenes in movies that come to mind, but those two were the most memorable.

After that, I tended to get a little more picky about sex scenes in movies. Mostly because one of the two, or rarely both, actors don't sell their role in the scene with much enthusiasm or creditability. The most memorable scene where someone blew their part, at least in recent years, is the sex scene in Titanic with Winslet (and DiCaprio). Whether it is by direction or the actors' ability or lack thereof is immaterial. They really jumped the shark when she slaps her hand on the steamy glass. With that one action, it made the whole thing very cheesy.

The concept of "Was the movie made for the sex scene, or was the sex scene made for the movie?" became a critical factor for me, in my late twenties. If the answer was the former, then I would scoff at being suckered in to see the movie (as it was just a cheap and pathetic attempt at making a PG or R rated Porno), or if it was the latter, AND if it was executed satisfactorily, then I grudgingly appreciated the sex scene.

I think the reason why guys like sex scenes in movies, or at least myself, is because it is someone who you would "never" see in a pornographic movie, yet still having sex, so it was like being a voyeur to a "real life person" having sex, especially if it was someone you liked and thus shared in the experience.

In recent years, it is less the naughty pleasure and more the jaded experience of seeing some fresh new hottie having but not having sex in a movie. I am becoming more intolerant of seeing sex in a movie, and getting even more critical of both actor and actress in any sex scene that comes up. If I am watching a movie that I am enjoying and it has shifted to a sex scene and if I am interested in enjoying the movie beyond that, then my eyes glaze over while I go over something in my mind that I find much more enjoyable, like doing my taxes.
:rolleyes:

So, I don't really have an interest in sex scenes in movies anymore.
 
For some reason, it can be way hotter than porn.
I rarely think about a porn sex scene later, but often do the movie sex scene.
 
Maybe I have been watching the wrong movies, but I can't remember seeing one in a while. When I was young, actual porn was difficult to obtain and would be tame by todays 'standards'.

The pretty limited sex scenes in movies were pretty titilating. (No pun intended towards the lovely miss tiny tits.)

I am intrigued by less being more in these things.
 
Maybe I have been watching the wrong movies, but I can't remember seeing one in a while. When I was young, actual porn was difficult to obtain and would be tame by todays 'standards'.

The pretty limited sex scenes in movies were pretty titilating. (No pun intended towards the lovely miss tiny tits.)

I am intrigued by less being more in these things.


True. It seems to be more common in older movies.
 
I always wonder how common it is after filming a scene like that the actors go to their trailer and get it on. I can't imagine doing a scene like that and not having the undying urge to satisfy that need.
 
For some reason, it can be way hotter than porn.
I rarely think about a porn sex scene later, but often do the movie sex scene.

I honestly think it's the old adage about 'leaving something to the imagination' that makes this happen. That's my opinion.


I always wonder how common it is after filming a scene like that the actors go to their trailer and get it on. I can't imagine doing a scene like that and not having the undying urge to satisfy that need.

I can't imagine it either, especially when you consider how beautiful these people are, physically. I'm sure most would say 'it's just part of the job, blah blah blah.', but, no, that has to happen just a ton. :rolleyes:
 
Porn is insulting and ridiculous. Supposed to be arousing, and I guess it would be, for a 12 year old boy maybe.

I despise the lack of reality, the bizarre positions that aren't even enjoyable, and the seemingly deliberate way that the camera angle usually excludes the girl's face. I'm supposed to watch a girl get fucked when I can't see her face? Might as well watch mannequins go at it. I realized long ago it is because for the girls in porn, "everything below the waist is kaput." They're not enjoying it, and the cameraman makes sure we don't get to see their lack of enthusiasm.

Erotic scenes in movies on the other hand, can be quite arousing. The sex portrayed is (gasp!) usually realistic, and if I'm going to watch a woman fake sexual arousal, it usually helps when she can actually act.
 
Wild Orchids, early in the movie where she goes to the deserted building and watches as this huge dark guy rip's off the ladies dress and has here..........very erotic
 
I think it is important to note that not all girls in porn aren't enjoying it, especially shoots that are more relaxed. But I do wish there was more build up.
 
Porn is insulting and ridiculous. Supposed to be arousing, and I guess it would be, for a 12 year old boy maybe.

I despise the lack of reality, the bizarre positions that aren't even enjoyable, and the seemingly deliberate way that the camera angle usually excludes the girl's face. I'm supposed to watch a girl get fucked when I can't see her face? Might as well watch mannequins go at it. I realized long ago it is because for the girls in porn, "everything below the waist is kaput." They're not enjoying it, and the cameraman makes sure we don't get to see their lack of enthusiasm.

Erotic scenes in movies on the other hand, can be quite arousing. The sex portrayed is (gasp!) usually realistic, and if I'm going to watch a woman fake sexual arousal, it usually helps when she can actually act.

With you 100% on that one. I don't get much out of those camera angles where it's just a close up of a penis going in and out of a vagina. I mean, it all looks the same for the most part. I like seeing two naked bodies becoming one with each other. Seeing emotion in peoples faces, etc.
 
I always wonder how common it is after filming a scene like that the actors go to their trailer and get it on. I can't imagine doing a scene like that and not having the undying urge to satisfy that need.

This was how and why Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie got together. They filmed very charged emotional fight/sex scene for Mr. and Mrs. Smith and it got the better of them. They couldn't deny their chemistry. When Ebert and Roeper reviewed it and the rumours were still buzzing about whether or not they'd hooked up on set, Ebert said"If these two aren't sleeping together, they should be! Their on set chemistry is that good"

And when Anna Paquin and her on set love interest for True Blood first met, they fell in love and they have said that there are a couple of love scenes in the show that were pretty much sex tapes because they were actually fucking, just the angles of the cameras didn't show penetration or they were under sheets.
 
hi Hayley...in my opinion best sex scenes ever in a mainstream movie is a movie called "don't look now" made in the 70s and set in Venice with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie...sex was better and free-er in mainstream movies than it is now. But then recently of course we have had a great movie in "venus in furs by roman Polanski, and also "nymphomaniac" starring charlotte gainsbrough
 
Movies

I like re-enacting the scenes from the porn movies im into at the time.if its a family incest movie then we be brother n sister or bdsm movies get us tied up. Hot
 
Yes! I thought I was always weird. Haha. I love the story behind movie sex so I'm able to emotionally connect I guess.
 
Glad to know I'm not the only one

The woman on woman scene in Mulholland Drive had me coming to my brim. One touch on my penis and I would have exploded.
Too bad I was in a commercial market PC
 
Back
Top