Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
LockedDarius
Experienced
 
LockedDarius is offline
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 97
Self Waxing

It's something I've been looking into and am curious if anyone here has experience with it.

A little background, (sorry if this enters TMI territory, but it's an erotica website, I feel like you can handle it,) I've been shaving my balls for several years now ever since an ex wanted me to try it. She enjoyed it and I enjoyed the smoothness. I guess because they are fairly elastic, it's been easy enough to just shave them in the shower and have never had any issues.

Lately though, I've expanded into wanting to shave most of my pubic area. I've always kept it trimmed, but never anything this extensive. However, simply shaving in the shower like my balls isn't working. I get a lot of razor bumps and the hair grows back insanely quickly. (Within 24 hours, it's already itchy and prickly.) If I try to shave again too soon, I end up causing a lot of tiny cuts.

So I was just wondering how well waxing (or any other non-shaving hair removal products) have worked for anyone here?
__________________
My Stories:
-Rings of Desire-
-Steel Heaven-
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
fire_breeze
Softly Seductive.
 
fire_breeze's Avatar
 
fire_breeze is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 47,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedDarius View Post
It's something I've been looking into and am curious if anyone here has experience with it.

A little background, (sorry if this enters TMI territory, but it's an erotica website, I feel like you can handle it,) I've been shaving my balls for several years now ever since an ex wanted me to try it. She enjoyed it and I enjoyed the smoothness. I guess because they are fairly elastic, it's been easy enough to just shave them in the shower and have never had any issues.

Lately though, I've expanded into wanting to shave most of my pubic area. I've always kept it trimmed, but never anything this extensive. However, simply shaving in the shower like my balls isn't working. I get a lot of razor bumps and the hair grows back insanely quickly. (Within 24 hours, it's already itchy and prickly.) If I try to shave again too soon, I end up causing a lot of tiny cuts.

So I was just wondering how well waxing (or any other non-shaving hair removal products) have worked for anyone here?
Female waxer in all forms for about 12 years before I took the leap to laser. Now I just wax twice a year to keep it all smooth.

I am, obviously, a proponent for waxing. I find that the hair grows back softer, thinner and lighter (and more sparsely) than if I shave, and that I am smooth for about 3 weeks before the first appearance of hair. Also, I felt 'cleaner' than shaving (even if it's just my legs). I've self-waxed for about 7 years, with comparable results.

That said, the first couple of times get thee to a professional. Why, you may ask? Simple. A professional aesthetician who is trained in genital waxing can not provide you with the best hair removal, but if you observe her closely, you can begin to imitate her technique. Without proper technique, your waxing experience will be something akin to rolling in hot coals after your body has been sandblasted with all of the sands of the Sahara and you've been soaked in rubbing alcohol (ask pmann for his experience). Additionally, she will be able to show you how taut the skin has to be, how quickly to remove the wax, in what direction and so forth. Technique is so vitally important in waxing that without it, you may swear off manscaping forever. And, it gets you acclimatised to the pain.

What to look for in a professional aesthetician: Go to a spa or cosmetic clinic that caters to men as well. Ask whether or not they provide special training to those who will wax you (it's sometimes referred to a back crack sack wax). Actually, see if you cannot go to a spa that specialises in BCS.

Next, your aesthetician should talk to you before hand. In some cases, you get to keep your skivvies on. In other cases, you go the bottom monty (or full if you're getting your back done). It depends on how your aesthetician operates. If you feel uncomfortable, ask her if you can get a towel. She's there to accommodate you. In cases of men, most aestheticians will wax the inner arm of their client to show the heat of the wax and to gauge their pain threshold. Ask any questions - if she doesn't answer to your satisfaction, walk.

She should use baby powder/corn starch on your pubic region. This is non-negotiable. If she doesn't, run. Period. Enough said.

Ask her questions about technique, about the product that she is using and so forth. Pay attention to how she is applying the wax and how much pressure she uses in applying the cloth, and how quickly she rips it. This will help when you take the plunge in DIY waxing. Particularly pay close attention as how she pulls your skin taut.

Do this a couple of times in order to get used to the sensation. Then, if you want to do it yourself, I found luck with pre-waxed stripes, but it took some contortion moves to get it in places I want it. Some people I know haven't.

Good luck!

Here are some links to familiarise yourself with the process.
http://waxing-lasvegas.com/2013/09/1...brazilian-wax/
http://www.waxing4blokes.com
http://www.waxing4blokes.com/QandA.htm
http://www.nickelspalondon.co.uk/tre...axing___6.aspx
__________________
Tread softly into the night...
Sing me not of the Sun,
the ever-constant, unchanging Sun.
But sing me of the moonlight and of the stars
and of our sighs at midnight.




I want to live - richly, darkly and entirely.
I want my mind challenged, my body thrilled, my soul inspired.
I want my senses to come alive, to burn with passion and to intoxicate me with desire.
So tempt my mind, seduce my body, enthrall my soul, and dare me to be alive.












Yes, I wrote all my sig quotes. They are mine. If you would like to use them, I'd be honoured BUT! please let me know.

I am free in chains....

Last edited by fire_breeze : 08-24-2014 at 11:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
EbonyTigress
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
deleted

Last edited by EbonyTigress : 08-22-2015 at 09:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
LockedDarius
Experienced
 
LockedDarius is offline
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_breeze View Post
Female waxer in all forms for about 12 years before I took the leap to laser. Now I just wax twice a year to keep it all smooth.

I am, obviously, a proponent for waxing. I find that the hair grows back softer, thinner and lighter (and more sparsely) than if I shave, and that I am smooth for about 3 weeks before the first appearance of hair. Also, I felt 'cleaner' than shaving (even if it's just my legs). I've self-waxed for about 7 years, with comparable results.

That said, the first couple of times get thee to a professional. Why, you may ask? Simple. A professional aesthetician who is trained in genital waxing can not provide you with the best hair removal, but if you observe her closely, you can begin to imitate her technique. Without proper technique, your waxing experience will be something akin to rolling in hot coals after your body has been sandblasted with all of the sands of the Sahara and you've been soaked in rubbing alcohol (ask pmann for his experience). Additionally, she will be able to show you how taut the skin has to be, how quickly to remove the wax, in what direction and so forth. Technique is so vitally important in waxing that without it, you may swear off manscaping forever. And, it gets you acclimatised to the pain.

What to look for in a professional aesthetician: Go to a spa or cosmetic clinic that caters to men as well. Ask whether or not they provide special training to those who will wax you (it's sometimes referred to a back crack sack wax). Actually, see if you cannot go to a spa that specialises in BCS.

Next, your aesthetician should talk to you before hand. In some cases, you get to keep your skivvies on. In other cases, you go the bottom monty (or full if you're getting your back done). It depends on how your aesthetician operates. If you feel uncomfortable, ask her if you can get a towel. She's there to accommodate you. In cases of men, most aestheticians will wax the inner arm of their client to show the heat of the wax and to gauge their pain threshold. Ask any questions - if she doesn't answer to your satisfaction, walk.

She should use baby powder/corn starch on your pubic region. This is non-negotiable. If she doesn't, run. Period. Enough said.

Ask her questions about technique, about the product that she is using and so forth. Pay attention to how she is applying the wax and how much pressure she uses in applying the cloth, and how quickly she rips it. This will help when you take the plunge in DIY waxing. Particularly pay close attention as how she pulls your skin taut.

Do this a couple of times in order to get used to the sensation. Then, if you want to do it yourself, I found luck with pre-waxed stripes, but it took some contortion moves to get it in places I want it. Some people I know haven't.

Good luck!

Here are some links to familiarise yourself with the process.
http://waxing-lasvegas.com/2013/09/1...brazilian-wax/
http://www.waxing4blokes.com
http://www.nickelspalondon.co.uk/default.aspx
Wow, thank you. That covers pretty much everything I was looking for.

I've considered going to a professional but I'm rather shy and nervous. I imagine they get quite a few male customers though, right? Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Just need to psyche myself up.
__________________
My Stories:
-Rings of Desire-
-Steel Heaven-
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
EbonyTigress
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
edited

Last edited by EbonyTigress : 08-22-2015 at 09:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
fire_breeze
Softly Seductive.
 
fire_breeze's Avatar
 
fire_breeze is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 47,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedDarius View Post
Wow, thank you. That covers pretty much everything I was looking for.

I've considered going to a professional but I'm rather shy and nervous. I imagine they get quite a few male customers though, right? Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Just need to psyche myself up.
You're very welcome. And for shyness? Aestheticians just don't care - they are there to make you feel and look good. They are professionals and should make you feel at ease right away. If they don't, then run because there is something seriously wrong.

If you go to a spa/aesthetician centre that caters to men (or advertises male-specialised services on their menus) then they are most definitely used to male customers. I really strongly suggest that you search a bit to find such a place as it will put you at ease and you will know that they are specifically trained for male waxing, and other cosmetic needs.

Be careful if the prices are a low for your region. It's usually a sign that there is something fishy about the place. Go to a reputable centre which is registered and preferably board certified (many over here employ a doctor on staff for certain services, so that is one way to know that the place is clean, reputable and is up to safety and hygienic standards).
__________________
Tread softly into the night...
Sing me not of the Sun,
the ever-constant, unchanging Sun.
But sing me of the moonlight and of the stars
and of our sighs at midnight.




I want to live - richly, darkly and entirely.
I want my mind challenged, my body thrilled, my soul inspired.
I want my senses to come alive, to burn with passion and to intoxicate me with desire.
So tempt my mind, seduce my body, enthrall my soul, and dare me to be alive.












Yes, I wrote all my sig quotes. They are mine. If you would like to use them, I'd be honoured BUT! please let me know.

I am free in chains....
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #7
fire_breeze
Softly Seductive.
 
fire_breeze's Avatar
 
fire_breeze is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 47,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyTigress View Post
If you go to a salon that routinely does men's waxing, I promise they won't care. I was super self-conscious first time, because they really have to get up in there to get all the hair, but my aesthetician always makes it feel like no big deal.

"Hi, how's it going? Everything off? OK, great, rip, rip, put your leg like this, rip, rip, rip, do you want me to do the back? Sure, no problem, rip, rip, done.


...all the while chatting about whatever I'm watching on Netflix. I get the feeling she's not the least bit interested in what my goodies look like, other than whether there's any hair left on them. She sees it every day. I figure the only thing I need to worry about is to go in clean and having showered that morning. Basic courtesy, and you're good.
Exactly this! She won't care about your goodies, only that she delivers what you are paying her for.

Seriously, getting waxed is the only time I've vented and gossiped. Hell of a cheaper than a therapist, and I come out feeling better too.
__________________
Tread softly into the night...
Sing me not of the Sun,
the ever-constant, unchanging Sun.
But sing me of the moonlight and of the stars
and of our sighs at midnight.




I want to live - richly, darkly and entirely.
I want my mind challenged, my body thrilled, my soul inspired.
I want my senses to come alive, to burn with passion and to intoxicate me with desire.
So tempt my mind, seduce my body, enthrall my soul, and dare me to be alive.












Yes, I wrote all my sig quotes. They are mine. If you would like to use them, I'd be honoured BUT! please let me know.

I am free in chains....
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
GalwayGirl
Virgin
 
GalwayGirl is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 17
I echo the others, deffo get it done by a professional. I once attempted home waxing, I decided to start with my legs before moving to more delicate areas. Applied the was strip then realised I was too much of a wimp to pull it off and inflict pain on myself .
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
DrHappy
Literotica Guru
 
DrHappy's Avatar
 
DrHappy is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 505
Tweezing is virtually painless as long as you tweeze hairs that are in the growing phase. Just make an initial shave, wax, or using depilatory cream, wait one to three days, and then tweeze the newly grown stubble. The newly grown stubble will be in growth phase. There will be a lot of stubble the first week, but there will eventually be less. The stubble that you do have will be much softer than the stubble from shaving. For a depilatory cream, a lot of people have had luck on delicate using Magic Shave. They now have a premixed cream.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
MeekMe
Unsweetened
 
MeekMe's Avatar
 
MeekMe is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,473
I went to a professional first and got to know the process and technique. From there I tried doing it for myself with mixed results. After failing to do the job to my expectations, I went back to the professionals. It's really hard to reach that far down.

Find a unisex waxing salon. They really don't care about seeing your junk. I asked my technician once and she said, "I only see the hair. I see hair, I remove the hair." She told me they don't pay attention to anything else. We then talked about going on vacation. Seriously, it gets easier and most places let you make appointments with specific people. You can find someone you're comfortable with and always request that person.

To treat any bumps, I like to use witch hazel. It costs very little and cleans and soothes the area. Keep it clean!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru
 
Lord Pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,996
I will include a story I wrote on here some years ago about my experience with waxing. I feel it is my duty to warn any guy who is about to undergo this torture. If you make the decision from there, it'll be your choice.

Quote:
I have a suggestion before you try waxing though. Take your dick and slam it in a car door. Then stir up an ant hill with it. That's got to be slightly less painful. Here is my story.

I've had a hairy chest since I was like 15. Well I thought I would be cool and wax my chest. Actually, I lost a bet. I was 16 at the time and I had to wax my chest because of this bet. Now, I didn't trim it first. Perhaps that would have helped. But I got the wax. Heated that stuff up. Put it on my chest. Put that strip on there and ripped. I thought I was going to pass out. It was absolutely horrifying. I was bleeding like crazy. Every pore was bleeding. (again, this could be better if I had trimmed it first) The pain was ridiculous.

Was I smart in choosing an inconspicuous spot where I could try it out first? Nope. I picked the five inch strip right in the middle of my chest. So, I could leave it and look like an r-tard. Or I could be a man and finish the job. I should have just wussed out and stopped. Because it did not get easier. I had to put a wash cloth in my mouth and get psyched up while doing this. I finished it finally. I thought it looked stupid when I was done. I looked like a little boy. With a bloody chest. It was smooth though.

Like a dumbass I went to the beach the next day. Don't do that. It will burn like the urine of the cast of Jersey Shore. It was a good week before it didn't feel like my chest was fucked by a cheese grater. Oh, and it sure as hell came back thicker.

I suggest this:

1. Don't do it.
2. If you have to do it, don't do the stupid things I did. Learn from 16 year old Pmann.
3. Get someone else to do it. It's tough to do yourself.
4. Try it in an inconspicuous area first. Somewhere that if you wuss out like I wanted to, you could do so with minimal effect.
5. See if you can get a hold of a bottle of novacaine or something to numb it.

Now ladies, don't come in here with your Brazilian waxing stories. I might be a wuss. I don't really care. I'm giving this man some honest feedback about what it's going to feel like. You girls give birth and all that. We don't. We have lower threshold for pain.

I hope this helps.
I have never waxed my junk. This is my chest hair story, so consider that. It's much thicker than anything on a girl's legs, armpits or probably even pubic area. Plus my chest is roughly the size of Rhode Island, so it's a lot of surface area.

I'm guessing you truly want that super smooth junk, otherwise you would just trim.

I'm quite the shaving expert, so might I ask, what are you using when you shave? It truly does make a huge difference, at least on my face.
__________________
*edited for cleanliness*
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.