The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I finished the carcass of the outfied cabinet. All I have to do next Tuesday is assemble the drawers and install them on the hangers. It's so satisfying to start and finish a project in a timely fashion, instead of taking months, if not years, of intermittent doodling around with one.

*Stumbles in. Looks around*

Hello...Hello...Hello...

Huh. Where is everybody? Is Lit running slow for you, too?

*Pours herself a good helping of scotch*
*Sniff. Swill. Sip.*

Arrrgghhhh! My fuckin' POS cable modem has given me trouble all damn night! This hunk of junk goes back to Comcast in the morning and I'll get one that works! :mad:

What'd I miss?

morning.gif

Is it me or is Lit running really slow?

Okay. I have a question for you dog owners. I have a Siberian Husky. She's usually a very mellow, no big deal, give me a scratch or two and I'm happy dog.

Last night she got demanding. Like, she wouldn't let me play the piano, she kept sticking her nose under my hands. Then she was singing, but also whimping, and her tail was not in the upright curled position. Of course, I figured something was wrong. I did a total body checkout. Cold nose. Tummy isn't making any rumbling noises. No wounds on the body. She does have tender hips so I thought, well maybe. But she was absolutely clingy and she's not that kind of dog.

Today it's the same. She's actually laying her head on my feet right now and is very nuzzle-y. She was doing some serious not normal for her singing, too. I think something's wrong but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Would I be some psycho lady if I took the dog to the vet and said "she's acting funny?"

Maybe call the vet and tell him what you just told us. He may be able to save you a visit. Almost sounds like the dog is feeling neglected more than sick. It could also be the pain factor, if she has such tender hips.

I say call vet, before just taking her, then if he suggests it, take her.

Is it me or is Lit running really slow?

Okay. I have a question for you dog owners. I have a Siberian Husky. She's usually a very mellow, no big deal, give me a scratch or two and I'm happy dog.

Last night she got demanding. Like, she wouldn't let me play the piano, she kept sticking her nose under my hands. Then she was singing, but also whimping, and her tail was not in the upright curled position. Of course, I figured something was wrong. I did a total body checkout. Cold nose. Tummy isn't making any rumbling noises. No wounds on the body. She does have tender hips so I thought, well maybe. But she was absolutely clingy and she's not that kind of dog.

Today it's the same. She's actually laying her head on my feet right now and is very nuzzle-y. She was doing some serious not normal for her singing, too. I think something's wrong but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Would I be some psycho lady if I took the dog to the vet and said "she's acting funny?"

Being a 'doting grandpa' type dog owner, I'd have the terrorier on the way to the vet before I'd bother to ask lit. :eek: However, did you perhaps forget to feed her breakfast?

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to watch her closely and see what happens. I hate to take her to the vet when I can't see anything wrong. She's also a little too clever for her own good. Perhaps she realized that by acting like a little sissy she'll get more attention. :rolleyes:

Yeah. It worked.

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to watch her closely and see what happens. I hate to take her to the vet when I can't see anything wrong. She's also a little too clever for her own good. Perhaps she realized that by acting like a little sissy she'll get more attention. :rolleyes:

Yeah. It worked.

That was the first thing I thought when I read your first post this morning. It's what my dog Trixie used to do. She'll be okay. With you keeping a close eye, you'll see if it is more than that.

Yes it is. Have been fighting it for the last hour to just get in. Kept getting temporary outage type reply. Oh well.

Blue; a whiskey neat please. Double. (the joy of e-drinking, I can drink as much as I want and never get drunk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back