Final Fantasy: The Mists of Krystaria (OOC)

If this was an anime series, then the last scene of the first season would have Sephiroth stepping out of a time portal and looking out over Krystaria. "Don't worry, Mother. I'll save you before they can destroy you. The story will unfold different this time, I promise you!"
 
And Goku would be like, "No, Vegeta! I can't exploit a weakness like that -- it wouldn't be a fair fight!"

Krillin: "What if he kicked you in the dick first?"

Goku: "...then I'd kick him back -- but only as hard as he kicked me!"

Vegeta: "I'd blast his dick off."

Krillin: "I'd cry and then my Pwn Meter would go up."
 
The last two days I've wasted most of my free time looking for maps of worlds, islands, and continents to use for Krystaria. I still haven't found something I really like, so I may just make one with AutoREALM like I did for my old Final Fantasy RP in 2007.
 
Okay, finalizing the specifics of the world and my character now. At first, Cid is the captain of the Red Wings, a team of soldiers who ride specially-bred red-black flying chocobos. They serve the Garlean Empire, and are sent to Krystaria on order of the Imperial Senate to enforce their will there. Nobles of House Solidor -- led by Lord Gramis -- are assigned to lead this expedition. Gramis' eldest son, Vayne, sees it as an insult and a way to weaken the family's influence in Garlea.

When they first arrive in Krystaria, Cid faithfully follows the orders of Lord Gramis, while Vayne's malcontent at the situation grows. Ultimately, Vayne murders his father and takes control of House Solidor. He also threatens to murder anyone who stands against him. He orders the Red Wings to bow and swear fealty to him, an order which Cid refuses. Here, the team is split in two -- those who stand behind Cid, and those who bow to Vayne.

Cid's followers flee the Garlean camps, while those that remain are given the new title of Judge Magister. They reject their Garlean nationality, rename their main camp Archades, and proclaim themselves as the Archadian Empire with Vayne as Emperor.

Your characters can be former Red Wings who flee with Cid or stay and become Judges, or you can have an entirely different reason for being there.

Sean, as for our characters being partners, I was thinking either he could have been the potions expert with the Red Wings, or someone Cid meets after fleeing Vayne. What does everything think of this idea?
 
Okay, here is the IC: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1165831

I also edited my first post of the OOC with my updated character information. I left the post off right after Vayne killed Gramis, but before Cid flees the camp, so that people have a chance to decide whether they are there at the camp or what they are doing. They can be with the crew of the Sandamay, or they could have arrived earlier at Costa del Sol, or they could be at some other location in Krystaria.

I'm thinking our first major story arc will center on the growing power of Vayne's new Archadian Empire as he hires mercenaries and sellswords to bolster his forces. Ultimately, he becomes the first of Jenova's Children, and during these early years, the Shinra Family is actually good and noble and helps fight the Empire. But after they eventually defeat Vayne, Shinra proclaims to have destroyed Jenova's body while secretly keeping it in a cavern under Mount Nibel. Later on, Shinra becomes a major antagonistic force for the heroes.
 
Take it from someone with a ton of DnD experience. The map is quite possibly the least important thing starting off. Being all American/European we should assume that where we are doesn't suck (not a desert, not too hot, not too cold, not rainy all the time like fucking Oregon.) it's "normal". Unless climate is gonna be a thing in which case cool, I actually like writing climate. I mean my characters almost invariably hate it, but I enjoy writing about how miserable rain is.

But back to the map honestly we are ground zero, just draw it out as we go and we can make some effort to look at how realistic things are but honestly the world kinda does what it wants. I mean sure it makes sense if you break it all down but it takes a lot of breaking down to explain it all and for a magic world especially one where we're exploring a new land "just cus" is a good enough reason.

Is the idea that there is a dead civilzation here okay?

And yes
 
My main reason for wanting a map was to put the locations of camps, towns, cities, points of interest, etc. as we progress. I wanted to find a good blank map that I could edit and add titles of locations, but I'm just gonna make it myself.
 
They're short because I haven't fully flesh them out. I'm hoping to do so in the actual IC thread.


NAME: Alice Undine
AGE: 18
RACE: Human
CLASS: Mage (red)
PROFESSION: a crew member on Sandamay
WEAPON: long staff

-------

NAME: Lucia
AGE: 29
RACE: Human
CLASS: Hunter
PROFESSION: Merchant
WEAPON: bow & arrow, daggers
 
Their names are linked to their pictures. One of them is too big. I didn't want to expand the page.
 
Ah, cool. I'm on my phone at the moment so it wasn't showing as a link at first. Nice pics. The sailor girl is especially juicy.
 
I tried to keep this profile brief, honestly I did, but it as always ended up being a little longer than expected. Also in retrospect, Jacks early life is stupidly close to Allen from D Gray Man, that was not intended, but kinda cool none the less.


Name: Sir Jack Blue, Order of the Tome and Blade
Age: 20
Race: Human (Or at least mostly Human, neither of his parents are alive to comment on how his hair ended up being naturally blue.)
Nationality: none (Traveled for a good deal of his life and gives fealty to no kingdom.)
Class: Knight (focused on close combat and very limited magic)
Profession: Knight, Scholar
Appearance: http://img.booru.org/grognard//images/1/909e7a4d3c91a7e62848fd2a7407f911b65879c8.jpg

Abilities:
Jack is an exceptional combatant, having trained as a knight for years, and has displayed notable skill for magical use, though his limited training in that regard restricts him to self healing, and enhancing his strength and durability. Put is game terms, Jack would be a tank with considerable burst damage as far as combat goes (Also worth noting, his self healing isn't wolverine scale regen, it'll handle shallow cuts and bruises fine, but if he gets a sword stuck through him hes going to be well screwed). On the intellectual side, Jack is no slouch, he may not be a true master in any one field, but he has a quick mind and knows wide selection of skills.

Background:
Jack has been with the order since early childhood, his time before that as an orphaned street urchin is an age away for him and the only part of it that he can remember is how happy he was when he was taken away from it. His introduction to the Order was as a squire, a wandering Knight took him from the streets, claiming he 'saw something more' in him, and for four years he followed his new master, seeing to his needs as a good squire and learning by example. One day though his master left him without so much as a goodbye, just vanished leaving nothing but directions to the rest of his order and a letter of introduction.

Having nothing else, Jack followed the directions and met with the rest of the Order, once they agreed to let him join officially he learned that they were a staggering ten man strong at the time, including him. After that his life was like that of a monk, the Order was dedicated to strength of both body and mind, and Jack was worked over until both were in exceptional condition, what little free time he was given was spent recuperating from training, training more, or studying whatever intriguing book he had been last given. He never saw his master again, and while the odd letter did show up from him, they never mentioned Jack.

At the age of 17, Jack had proven himself a capable knight, having accompanied various other members as their squire on assignments and performing admirably, so the Order rewarded him with Knighthood. And so Jack became Sir Jack, Knight, but when Jack went out and tried interacting with other knightly orders, something his Order for some reason rarely did, he learned that whenever someone had even heard of his order, which didn't happen often, they looked down upon him for just being a part of it. Apparently, the practice of recruiting from those not of Nobility was somewhat frowned upon, and it was a practice the order was known for.

As such, Jack did what most of his Order did, he stopped trying, rather than trying in vain to fit in to the circles the other knights were a part of and play noble at pointless parties, Jack worked. He protected travelers, he explored ancient ruins, killed dark things he accidentally woke up while exploring ancient ruins, he visited great libraries and talked with scholars around the world. When word of a new continent, filled with the promise of adventure and the unknown, reached his ears, he instantly petitioned his Order for permission to go as their representative, and after some simple persuading, he was given permission and a sack full of money with which to find his way to the new world.

Personality:
Jacks biggest character flaw is how naive he is, a life of martial training and scholarly pursuits doesn't exactly make one in to the life of the party, hell Jack hasn't even been drunk before. He is however, quite a nice person, kind words and diplomacy have solved far more for him than violence and intimidation, to the point at which he will back down from many things most knights would be calling for blood over simply because he doesn't feel its worth it. When he does get angry though, Jack is a terrible sight to behold, its a very all or nothing affair for him you see, because when Jack acts in anger, people die.
 
Okay, sweet. Since we have three males and currently only one female playing two characters, I'm going to say the RP is no longer accepting new male writers, at least not until we get one or two more females first.
 
So we got me, Sean, Kitten, and Lotus. If we can get at least one more female, we'll have equal pairings since Lotus was kind enough to play two characters :).
 
My pleasure dear. Oh we're doing pairing? I thought we all just have one big fuckfest, no? :devil: JK, JK. I should have a post soon---ish...
 
Haha. Gang bang! :D. We don't have to plan out the pairings at the beginning, but I assume eventually we'd want to build exclusive romantic relationships between characters.
 
Do any of you play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Would you be interested in playing and making a guild with me? We can make our own guild hall and when Heavensward comes out this summer, we can also make guild airships.
 
I did. My account got hacked and I lost everything. I haven't restart ever since...

I *SHOULD* have an IC post tomorrow. I'm working on it, hang tight, don't go adding/changing anything! Freeze. BLIZZARA!!!! :D
 
Oh damn. That sucks that your account got hacked. I used to play on a PS3, but I couldn't focus on the story because of the silence -- hardly any voice acting and minimal background music during dialogue. But now, after hearing about Gold Saucer coming to the game, the changes coming in Heavensward, and seeing an in-game wedding between two lesbian miqo'tes, I have an urge to jump back in, only this time I'd be playing on PC since my PS3 bit the dust last winter.

We should start back up together :). Though, since I'm in the second closed beta for Skyforge, that will be the only MMO I play until the beta ends on April 8th. I'm rolling a Berserker -- big-ass chain sword with intense moves, including one that sends me spinning forward like Sonic the Hedgehog. Because I bought a Founder's Pack, I have access to all beta phases, early access for Open Beta, and 60 days of premium account status once Open Beta starts.
 
Soooooooo I posted. Yay. *throws confetti* Excuse my cheesy references to FF franchise. It's a fandom, I feel obligated to :p !!! I resisted making this Cid and Sephiroth comparison. You should be proud lol. Anyways, gonna hold off on Lucia until Sean or something like that. I don't want to drop both in the same place.

Jeff, starting back up is seriously really tempting :heart: hrmmmmmm *poses as the Thinker* .......
 
I especially love when a miqo'te does the angry stance and her tail shoots up straight and she does the adorable little groan. Hey, if we started back up, we could do it like a romantic RP that we are living through the game. Our characters could even get married and stuff. We could also start a blog with screenshots chronicling our story :).
 
Haha, you and miq. Idk, they're cute but any thoughf of them beyond that creeps me out. I was never into furies. On the contrary, why don't they have Viera?! There's something about them... maybe it's the bunny ears or the heels, idk, much easier to fantasize about :D

It'll be hard to sync schedule... I'm gonna be pretty busy this summer. Free time will be during odd hours for me :(
 
I work night shift, so during my work week I am usually only game in the morning after I get home. I normally have Sunday and Monday nights off, and that is when I game binge for several hours if I can. I haven't done it in a while, but I have had sessions of gaming for 20+ hours straight, lol.
 
Back
Top