The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Rick sounds like you four will have a great time and some well deserved R&R.

S F How goes your day?

S F How goes your day?

Stupidly. I went to sleep last night way, way too early. Then woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. Was up for several hours before I went back to sleep and then of course, slept most of the day away. Accomplished absolutely nothing.

Tonight's plan: stay up later, get up tomorrow and do something, anything. :)

How are you doing? Is this winter storm they keep talking about affecting you? Relatives in Oregon, Montana and North Carolina have had a lot of snow dumped on their heads. I had some light rain that fell most of the day, but no snow.

S F looks like we will be somne snow and then turning to rain, a winter mix, and wind. Really not much but the wind could cause some damage.

So are all your boxes empty and put away?

We have rain predicted for the weekend. The night temps are sitting at 34-36 so we aren't supposed to get snow. I haven't touched the boxes in a month. I figure they aren't going anywhere. I will get to them when I get to them. LOL

Oh good. I am glad you are all getting to go. I was afraid someone would get sent somewhere and mess up the plans. Ten days? That is a pretty long trip. I should root for the females, but somehow, given the females involved, I feel as if I should root for the underdogs. :D

I would imagine seeing any of you in action would be amazing. I would much rather you all be involved in rescues type things like Italy, then situations where bullets are flying around.:heart:

S F How goes your day?

O we are really looking forward to this break. 10 days in Austria where we forget we're soldiers or Marines. We're there to enjoy ourselves. Of course there will be skiing and friendly competition. Us weak little girls against these amazing fit US Marines. What chance do we have?:cattail:

CG, will tell you we'd rather do anything than have to go to war. We're in the forces to keep the peace and rescue people. But sometimes duty calls.

We have rain predicted for the weekend. The night temps are sitting at 34-36 so we aren't supposed to get snow. I haven't touched the boxes in a month. I figure they aren't going anywhere. I will get to them when I get to them. LOL

S F you are slacking my dear. ;) Besides what else is there to do on a rainy day:D

CG, will tell you we'd rather do anything than have to go to war. We're in the forces to keep the peace and rescue people. But sometimes duty calls.

Very true G G. Yet rescue work at sea or in a disaster area can be every bit as dangerous as combat, it just doesn't garnish the head lines. ;)

I spent the morning skiing S F. It is how I make the time pass without just veging at home. I try and find little things to do to btreak up the day. A little writing is always enjoyable. :p

I spent the morning skiing S F. It is how I make the time pass without just veging at home. I try and find little things to do to btreak up the day. A little writing is always enjoyable. :p

I am not much of a writer but I do read some every day. :)

I am not much of a writer but I do read some every day. :)

I enjoy writing but so little time to do it at the moment. Sorry CG, our thread seems to be in limbo right now. I'll try after our ski trip.

SF, you're not the only one finding time racing. It seems yesterday a good friend told me her first baby was expected. Last night her princess was born! Can't wait to have a cuddle!

Hope everyone has a good day.

I enjoy writing but so little time to do it at the moment. Sorry CG, our thread seems to be in limbo right now. I'll try after our ski trip.

SF, you're not the only one finding time racing. It seems yesterday a good friend told me her first baby was expected. Last night her princess was born! Can't wait to have a cuddle!

Hope everyone has a good day.

At the rate time is flying, it will seem like a month has passed and you'll be cuddling your own. Been a long long time since I held a new born.

Blurrier eyed I make my way down from my loft in search of coffee after spending a very restless night of high winds, winter storms, and power outages. I was very thankful for the Inn hearth and the wood stove in my loft that easily kept the cold at bay.

Morning all.

I sleepily call.

Yes G G it seems that our story is well and deeply in limbo. Have fun on your ski trip and get some well deserved R&R, ;)

Yes the time is racing by SF. We booked our trip last summer. Now it's nearly here.

CG, I believe we will write together again sometime soon.

I hope so HSG :rose::kiss:

So your off to Austria and the mountains for some fun in the snow.;)

Yes we fly out Sunday morning, can't give details because of security. Going to enjoy some skiing, some fun and enjoy ourselves. GG and I are very close friends as well as colleagues and I'm also getting very close to MrT.

We come back 25th January and await orders.

Hope you're enjoying the snow too. GG is waving to you and SF and joins me in saying 'Goodnight!' :kiss:

Night HSG and may yours and G G dreams be naughty ones :p

Right now we are suffering a wintry mix and rain then cold sub zero weather and then back to that wintry mix.:(

Guess it snowed a little here. I didn't realize it until I went out to pick up a box off the porch and could smell it. Looked around and there were white patches in places. LOL

Have a good day everyone.

S F it has turned warm here and its raining,,,,very unseasonable and for us skiers a little depressing.

S F it has turned warm here and its raining,,,,very unseasonable and for us skiers a little depressing.

What!!! You are messing with my stereotype of the northeast in winter. You are supposed to be waist deep in snow.

I am sorry that it is messing with your skiing. Guess it is time for you to pack up your skis and head for Austria with the others. :)

No S F if I pack up I'll be headed for the Pacific Northwest the Cascades and the high country.;)

It is one of my favorite places. But then again so is Northern New Mexico, Santa Fe, Toas and oh what skiing :D

What!!! You are messing with my stereotype of the northeast in winter. You are supposed to be waist deep in snow.

I am sorry that it is messing with your skiing. Guess it is time for you to pack up your skis and head for Austria with the others. :)

CG you'd be very welcome to join us as would SF. Remember it's not UK v USA, it's boys v girls.

Nearly packed and praying no crisis blows up between now and Sunday.

Oh HSG I am one that just cruises the mountains these days. I am afraid you G G. Rick and Mr. T would spend to much time just waiting for me to catch up with you. My days of the combined Nordic, ski jumping and a 10 mK race are well bedind me my sexy little trooper. :kiss:

The day dawns the skies a leaden gray and a chill in the air for the first time in days. I pour my morning coffee and see that their are no post for me to respond two. I ponder on what to do as writing is not an option.

Morning to any who may be about.

The day dawns the skies a leaden gray and a chill in the air for the first time in days. I pour my morning coffee and see that their are no post for me to respond two. I ponder on what to do as writing is not an option.

Morning to any who may be about.

We will write together again CG, I know we will. We've been so busy on things we cannot share (you understand) and now we are doing the final packing for Austria.

SF, good luck with the unpacking.

Back