Last chances for troubled hearts. (locked for justmethatswho)

CoSurvivor

Literotica Guru
He'd been bent over the schematics map, for the last 4 hours, they'd gone over and over the route, the crew had been working on this for the last three weeks, and Cal had hit his breaking point.

“Wes, Neil, I'm done for the night. I need to meet with the buyer anyway. Let's call this.”

Wes the oldest and tallest of the crew ran his hand over his balding head. “Yea, good idea. Suzanne is making dinner tonight, so I best have myself at her place well enough in time.”

Neil ran his hand through his long dirty blonde hair and nodded in agreement. “I don't think my eyes can take much more looking at these schematics anyway. Cal, you said you ran the numbers, what was the score?”

Calvin Burnett shook his head at the only two friends he had in his life. “Total score, 80 million. Cut that with the financier who gets 60 percent, divide the remaining 30 cut 3 ways, that's about 10 million. Enough to retire on, and depending on where you ended up, enough to create a new identity and grow old without chains around your ankles.”

Cal had squirreled away quite a bit more, he had plans, plans that involved Europe and a handful of countries with non-extradition rules with the US if they were found out. But his plan was to NOT get caught. He'd never been caught, well as an adult anyway. He didn't plan on getting caught so close to retirement, so this had to go off without a hitch. He shelved that thought, it would haze his plan and prevent him from focusing on the here and now. A lot of people were depending on this heist going off without an issue.

“Alright guys, pack this shit up and let's get together in a few days. See the family, kiss the kids, that sorta thing.”

Neil spoke up and asked, “Yea speaking of, you gonna stop by so my kids can see their favorite uncle?”

Cal grinned, he loved Neil's twins, Lucy and Eric. They were 6 perfect age for mischief, and with their whole lives in front of them, he worried just a little that this last job might put their father at risk. He'd been pinched 7 years ago on a robbery beef, sent to Attica and it had left an impression on him. He'd never go back. Which made Neil a bit crazy, but the right kind of crazy.

“Before this is all over, that's for sure. We'll have dinner at Lucianno's, as is a tradition with the three of us.”

Both men wrapped up their computers, and tablets which stored their information locked them all up in the safe in the closet and spun the lock. Each of them had one key, the safe required all three to open it. When they'd left, it was about 4:00 pm. Cal took the time to shower, get changed and at least look like he belonged. Cal was to meet his contact at Trask, one of the more euro hipster bars downtown, it was the financier's main point of contact. Cal hated the place. He preferred a more low key location, something where the bar stretched the length of the room and the booths gave you privacy to conduct your business. He knew five or six better locations, but this was all getting financed by one guy, and if he wanted to meet at some euro trash bar where all the drinks had names that sounded five ways of stupid then fine.
The meeting had taken all of 30 minutes, they'd talked while Zack, had stared down some tall leggy brunette with heels that she could use to take his eyes out with. The music matched the drinks which matched everyone else, flashy, flat and… fake. Cal could see double cross coming from a mile away with this guy. Which was why he was being extra careful. When they were done, Cal made the walk six blocks west and three blocks north to a restaurant/bar called Morrison's. The place was not overpriced, and for the two other times he'd been there, he'd noticed the people who frequented the place wouldn't notice him one bit. The restaurant was…comfortable. Well, save for his own place which was no roach motel. On the 15th floor, the place had a beautiful view of the city park and was well furnished. It at least felt comfortable since he'd been living there off and on for the last 5 years.

Cal had just taking a spot at the bar which would allow him to see anyone coming or going when 'she' walked in…

Even though the meeting had gone quite well Alexandria glared across the long conference room as her coworker Kelly called the meeting complete. The contract was signed, somehow Alexandria was the only one who was not informed the meeting would end before noon.

In her mind she played the scenario thru, if Kelly would have informed her correctly Alexandria would be on a plane in just over an hour to return home from the business trip. As it stood now, everything was still unpacked in her hotel, there was no way she could get to the airport in time.

As the room emptied, soon Alexandria and Kelly were the only two remaining.

"I hate you." Alexandria pouted. "You did this on purpose, why I ever agreed to this ... I don't know."

"First Alex, you do not hate me. Second we both know why. You need this. You deserve more than what you have." Kelly smiled.

The two had worked together since college, both rising the ranks in the firm quickly. Though Kelly was now higher in the firm than Alexandria. Mostly a result of that day, D-Day as she refers to it. February 12, 2016, that was the day she was served papers for a divorce. Her world ended as her true love apparently no longer loved her. The divorce was messy, the house had been sold. The house a purchased through her work and a gift from her parents. Her work that had put her husband thru med school debt free. All cut in half, well he had brought nothing so he got half of what she had. It had not been fair, but Alexandria learned life was not fair.

Alexandria had always worked hard, followed rules and had a plan. Her ex, was part of that perfect plan, till that day. Her world have revolved around him and the friends he had had become hers. On that day it ended, the friends all sided with him.

Alexandria picked herself up, putting the pieces back together. Pushing herself into three things, her job, her fitness and her religion. Her friends were few as the walls went up, Kelly was a coworker. Well a coworker first, the two seldom saw one another outside of work.

Alex continued to glare and put.

"You will have fun ... he is a nice guy ... I promise ... since we have time ... lets go shopping ... for you .. my treat ... we should have time for that ... and the salon, mani ... pedi ... your hair. You want to look nice right?" Kelly teased.

"Kelly I can't I have to write the report and ... well work out. Just tell him no ... blame me that is fine." Alex tried to reason.

"Oh Alex .. you need people in your life ... I am not saying he is it ... but well ... he can be fun for a night ... if you know what I mean." Kelly played.

"If that is what you are thinking ... you know you have the wrong girl ... Please God Save me." Alex finally broke a smile. "I cannot win this can I ... so fine I will play along with your blind date game."

Alexandria entered wearing the outfit Kelly had picked for her. It was so not practical Alex. The tight pencil skirt hugged her legs, displaying her figure, the small crop top put her body on display for anyone to view. Her hair and makeup were perfectly feminine. The heels made her walk at a slower pace than she liked and caused her to move as if she wanted to be seen. "This is so not me." she spoke to herself as she entered the bar/restaurant.

Morrison's about 6:30, well before the reservation. She checked in and moved to the bar to wait for her table, ordering a glass of wine and finding a table in the corner to be alone.

She was on her second glass when the hostess found her. "Your table is ready Miss." Alex followed her to the table, which was in the middle of the restaurant, she had expected to find her date, yet the table was empty. She took her seat, and ordered a bottle of wine and told the waiter she would wait until her date arrived.

Now it was after nine, the bottle of wine was nearly gone. She had tried, calling, texting Kelly yet her phone had terrible reception. Looking through her purse for her credit car, she discovered everything but, the makeup, perfume, all the girlly things, plus the condoms Kelly had purchased "just in case"

Alex shook her head at the thought. "What man wants me?" She whispered, holding back the tears, wondering what to do next.

"How long was this jerk going to keep her waiting??" Cal said to himself.

He'd finished one scotch, and picked at an appetizer for the better part of an hour, then started listening in to a few conversations around him. He would say he played on his phone, but he tried not to do that in public settings. Too much of a chance to be 'prey' for someone like him. He could see her perfectly in the middle of the restaurant, kind of like on display for all to see. From her mannerisms, the way she was carrying herself she wasn't sure she should be here. That was evident by how long it took her to down the bottle of wine, and she was waiting for someone. Most of his observations it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, but it didn't hurt that he'd spent a life time observing people. Watching her hands, he didn't see a wedding ring, at least that told him she wasn't getting stood up by a significant other.

Cal should probably get going, but something told him... no... This was a lifetime opportunity that shouldn't be missed, much like two lovers in row boats crossing a fog covered lake, will they bump into each other or will they pass in the fog. There was risk, but what was the chance someone like her was a Fed, or had been investigating him. Hell, he'd been below radar for so long he doubted they'd know what he looked like now. Cal had to do something, before it was too late.

When she'd picked up her cell for the umpteenth time and got no answer, Cal moved, asked the bartender for a favor and left a healthy tip. As she was distracted, looking into her purse, searching for something Cal crossed the room and stood next to her table. In a polite, yet curious voice, Cal spoke,

"Whatever you are looking for in there doesn't seem to want to be found..."

Alexandria ran how to tell her waiter she had left her credit card in her purse back at the hotel. The story was true, yet she doubted he would believe. She could go with her blind date did not show, also the truth. As she pondered she looked around the dining area, seeing the couples in the various stages of their love stories. She paused to watch the older couple imagining their story, their perfect lives together. That the couple had been married for forty plus years, had two children and several grand children. Each had retired, she had taught school, he was an executive. Today they spend their time with the love of thier life, traveling and seeing their grandkids. Who knew if that was true yet she wanted to think it was.

As she looked at her phone the battery went dead, she opened her purse and tossed it in. Thankfully the hotel was just around the corner.

She fiddled with her glass, taking the wine bottle and emptying the last few drops into her glass. Then she swirled the glass wishing that some miracle would fill it. As she did she noticed the man stand up at the bar, she had noticed him when she arrived, yet thought little, he was not her type. He looked cocky, you know those types. That was the last thing she needed in her life, let alone tonight. Though he was now entering the dining area, she looked away to avoid eye contact. She downed the last sip of wine setting the empty glass upon the table.

"Who needs men?" She asked herself louder than she should have. As she looked up, he now stood near her table.

"Whatever you are looking for in there doesn't seem to want to be found..."

She paused for a moment, giving him a chance to move on. In her anger of the evening she could just tell him to move on, yet she was not that type of person.

"I doubt what I was looking for really exists ... in my life ... but as of tonight ... I have decided I am no longer looking ... " She smiled, though it was obviously forced as she tried to be strong. "For your sake I hope you are not Kyle Harper ... cuz if you are, things are about to get ugly."

"That voice... that voice could melt the coldest heart..." Cal thought to himself. He hadn't heard her speak, just seen her talk from across the room and as busy as the restaurant had been during peek hours, there was no way he'd been able to pick up her voice. Now... now that he had, he'd remember it till his dying days.

With a touch of a crooked smile Cal raised an eyebrow. and raised up a bottle of wine in one hand and two glasses in the other.. "Lucky for both of us, I'm not Kyle Harper, and I'm not looking either. But, I couldn't help but notice you've been sitting here for a while. So whoever Kyle is, he's an idiot for standing you up. But I'd like to buy you dinner."

With practiced precision, Cal filled one glass and handed it to her, filled the other and put the bottle down on the table. Taking the empty seat, he was assuming a lot, if she wanted him to leave he'd do so, but something was telling him to be persistent... He wanted this, and he wasn't one to just let go of something he wanted so easily...

"Lucky for both of us, I'm not Kyle Harper, and I'm not looking either. But, I couldn't help but notice you've been sitting here for a while. So whoever Kyle is, he's an idiot for standing you up. But I'd like to buy you dinner."

"Yes lucky for you you are not Kyle Harper ... who at this moment i disdain about as much as my friend who set me up on this date." I say my voice calming slightly, yet trying to remain confident. "Though in this skirt I doubt I could actually give him the kick he deserves." She paused as her tension eased a bit. "Though I agree he is something, yet idiot may be too kind ... maybe if I am lucky he was hit by a bus." I smile at the thought. "Dinner ... I ... I don't think so." I hesitate at my response, though I am starved having not eaten since breakfast. Still I maintain my stance as I look for a way out of this. "I can't ... it is getting late and I have an early morning flight." It was true for the most part, it was late for me to be out, I did have a morning flight ... at 11:50am.

She watches as her words are virtually ignored and soon the man is sitting across from her. She cannot help but admire his body ... yes women do that also. Soon he had taken and filled the empty glass and her glass had now been refilled.

"I guess we cannot put this to waste." She holds up her glass ... "Have a seat." She says mockingly as he has already sat down. She leans forward and decides to be forthright and honest. "I will be honest with you ... I am not the type of woman you are looking for ... I am divorced .. I work too much ... I do not date ... I am only here as a favor for a friend. A friend who now owes me .... big time. I am divorced ... I do not need a man in my life ... even more so after tonight." She looks for the waiter. "I will get the waiters attention so that you can pay for the wine you took from me without my permission."

She looks for the waiter. "I will get the waiters attention so that you can pay for the wine you took from me without my permission." [/COLOR]

"Without her permission? Bold comment, but not really. Considering a strange man just sat down at her table." Cal smiled genuinely at her before continuing.

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing I already covered your wine, I did say I offered to buy you dinner, and that would, of course, include any libations enjoyed..." His curiosity was peaked by her forthright approach to brush him off and, even though she said she wasn't looking, she hadn't gotten up two hours ago. Cal figured he could call her on it, but figured that'd be the fastest way to getting ejected before they even began. So instead he tried to reassure her.

"OK...Miss, I'm divorced, not looking, not dating, who doesn't need a man in her life, let's just enjoy dinner, two strangers, enjoy each other's company, no demands, no strings attached and no assumptions." Cal smiled warmly and continued, "At the very least, we can make a positive out of a negative, and you'll have one hell of a good story to tell when your friend on the flight home tomorrow. Besides, the night is young, and if you are staying nearby the airport is maybe 30 minutes by shuttle."

Cal could see her waitress out of the corner of his eye, he raised a finger off his glass for just a moment to stall her and the young woman understood. She gave him a slightly impatient look but waited.

"So... shall I call your waitress for a few menus?"

"Without her permission? Bold comment, but not really. Considering a strange man just sat down at her table."

"We;; at least we can agree upon something ... " Though she intentionaly did not expand upon the comment, leaving it open to whether she was agreeing with the "bold" or "strange part of his remark.

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing I already covered your wine, I did say I offered to buy you dinner, and that would, of course, include any libations enjoyed..."

"Libations ... there will be more ... is that your plan ... get me to drink more. Such a cave man ... now that I why I ... men." She shook her head. "Why can men not think beyond ... the final outcome ... why is it you men think with only one thought." Her tone had changed trying to be calm and confident.

"OK...Miss, I'm divorced, not looking, not dating, who doesn't need a man in her life, let's just enjoy dinner, two strangers, enjoy each other's company, no demands, no strings attached and no assumptions." Cal smiled warmly and continued,

Something about him replaying her words made her laugh, easing her tensions. "Did it really sound like that ... " She pauses to drink the wine her guest has all but commited to play for. "Your right ... on your ,, no no no's."

"At the very least, we can make a positive out of a negative, and you'll have one hell of a good story to tell when your friend on the flight home tomorrow. Besides, the night is young, and if you are staying nearby the airport is maybe 30 minutes by shuttle."

"OK I will be honest with you ... and it is probably the only reason I am still here. I my haste to leave my room and throw things in my purse ... I am embarrassed to say that I left my credit card back at my room. It is not as if I had anticipated paying for dinner this evening. So fine if you want someone to tell you no no no and by dinner for ... than fine .. I am game." She paused, finishing her glass of wine. "But not because, you are handsome, attractive, fit or a man ... simply because I have not had a thing to eat since this morning." She teetered her empty glass in her fingers.

"So... shall I call your waitress for a few menus?"

"Sure call the waitress ... if that is what pleases you ... remember I am not paying you back."

To her comment about forgetting her credit card in her hotel room he gave he ra playful ribbing. "Ah... the old 'I left it in my other purse' excuse. Well I can tell you didn't forget to bring along a quick wit that's for sure." He smiled genuinely and at her comment of making her pay him back for dinner, he gave her a look of shock, and

You stun me. We've known each other for just a few minutes and you already think I'm going to expect you to pay me back? An invitation to dinner means I'm buying, and no. you can't pick up the tip. Besides, that just seems silly anyway. If a man is worth anything and offers to buy dinner that means everything. Call me old fashioned but if someone insists on buying dinner that doesn't mean everything but the tip. Besides, if you 'were' considering such a thing, consider your company payment enough."

Cal leaned down and took a sip of his wine as the waitress approached and handed them their menus, giving Cal an odd look and a curious concerned "Everything OK?" kind of look to the young woman who's table he was now sitting at.

Cal was passively looking at the menu, while studying the waitress, he'd asked the bartender to let her in on his little plan of playing the white knight in rusting armor to a beautiful woman who seemed to be stood up by her date. Cal hadn't talked to her, but the bartender assured him everything would be fine.

As Cal looked over the menu he found an appetizer that seemed light, and ordered it while they had an opportunity to look over the menus further. And once the waitress had left with the young woman's first empty wine glass, leaving the ones that Cal had poured for them both when he'd arrived, He spied on the beautiful woman across from him. She was beautiful, her dry wit and quick snarky attitude was refreshing, she wasn't fake, she wasn't playing. And, for once in his life Cal didn't feel like she'd be playing games with him like some of the women he'd run into. No, they were both strangers, on an even playing field of starting at zero.

Reaching his hand across the table, Cal put his hand out and spoke, honestly. "I should at least introduce myself. I'm Cal...May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

"Ah... the old 'I left it in my other purse' excuse. Well I can tell you didn't forget to bring along a quick wit that's for sure."

"Hey I am just being honest, if I was devieving you I would have simply played along. let you pay and have said nothing."

You stun me. We've known each other for just a few minutes and you already think I'm going to expect you to pay me back? An invitation to dinner means I'm buying, and no. you can't pick up the tip. Besides, that just seems silly anyway. If a man is worth anything and offers to buy dinner that means everything. Call me old fashioned but if someone insists on buying dinner that doesn't mean everything but the tip. Besides, if you 'were' considering such a thing, consider your company payment enough."

All ... well most men expect something from women in return ... even if it is only company. You are charming ... but be honest with me ... how often do you pick up women ... once a day .. two ... three ... times ... maybe more. " She pauses and things about his words. "So payment ... of my company ... what am I now an escort."

As she watched him she was losing her edge, his charm had softened her slightly, her anger about men was calming.

"I should at least introduce myself. I'm Cal...May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

"I am sorry, I am usually much nicer than this." She confesses, though still she did not give him her name.

She avoided things as he ordered, sending a comment his way on occasion to keep things alive. Then he reached across the table, she froze as his hand touched hers.

Reaching his hand across the table, Cal put his hand out and spoke, honestly. "I should at least introduce myself. I'm Cal...May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

She paused, her heart raced. It had been so long since she had even a simple touch from another. It was nice ... comforting that someone would touch her and she would allow it.

"Name ... I .... I .... " She was about to say some snarky remark. She pulled her hand from under his and offered a hand shake to him across the table. "I do not believe telling you my name was part of you original offer. Yet since I am not a terribly cold person, I am Alexandria ... " For a moment she was going to give him an alternative yet decided against it. "It is nice to meet you Cal." She looked down at her menu. "I think I will have the Cobb Salad." She smiled unaware and teasiningly.

Cal nodded to Alexandria gave her hand a gentle squeeze, her hand was warm, and he could feel the butterflies start to turn over in his stomach. Her voice, her beauty matched her stunning name. He was convinced of two things. One her ex was an asshole, and two, the divorce was probably messy. Her Ex probably had some midlife crisis, fucked his secretary who wasn't old enough to drink and was trying to live a lie. The divorce must have crushed her sense of personal self-confidence, and destroyed any idea that men, in general, didn't think with only their dick.

After the waitress had taker her order, He ordered the chicken marsala, He'd seen someone up at the bar order it and could feel his mouth water as he smelled the aroma lingered through the air. Once the waitress left, Cal let go of Alexandra's hand. When he did... he felt as if a touch of cold creep across his spine. Cal wasn't one to dwell on his own loneliness, but the simple motion of holding her hand, and then voluntarily letting go, made him sad. Part of him wanted to reach across again, or find some excuse to touch her hand, but it would seem desperate, or worse. Dropping the subject from his mind, Cal answered one of her earlier questions.

"You mean when was the last time I asked a stranger to join me for dinner?" He gave a sideways glance up to the ceiling as if trying to remember. "Before 5 minutes ago, never before in my life. Let's leave it at we're two strangers, having dinner together. No strings attached, no expectations. Just a hope that we enjoy each other's company for the evening." Cal refused to address the idea that she was comparing herself to an escort, far from it. and when she commented about normally being 'nicer' he raised an eyebrow.

"Snarkiness is fine, and it sounds like you are the upswing of a pretty bad divorce? Which brings me to ask, what brought you to the city? Here on vacation? or business?"

Last edited:
I was nearly staring across the table at Cal, a bit puzzled as at first glance, though attractive was not a man who I would share a conversation with let alone a dinner.

"You mean when was the last time I asked a stranger to join me for dinner?" He gave a sideways glance up to the ceiling as if trying to remember. "Before 5 minutes ago, never before in my life. Let's leave it at we're two strangers, having dinner together. No strings attached, no expectations. Just a hope that we enjoy each other's company for the evening."

I laughed slightly at his humor. "What, I do this all of the time, come to a restaurant, find a lonely seat in the middle of the dining room and wait for someone to join me. " I tease. "So you do not typically ask strange ... yet attractive... women" I pause for a moment trying to hide my smile. "Just so you know, this is also so not me. I agree, two strangers sharing a meal and yes 'hope' it is better than being alone."

His confidence and tone ease some of my tensions as I look across to him.

"Snarkiness is fine, and it sounds like you are the upswing of a pretty bad divorce? Which brings me to ask, what brought you to the city? Here on vacation? or business?"

"Snarkiness?" I smile. "I think of it as self defense. It is a good way to keep people ... well long story." I take a big sip of wine. "Since you asked I will be totally honest. Yes the divorce was terrible, bad is an understatement. I put him, through law school, we had a home my parents gave me as a graduation gift from college. So our lives are about to start, and I get a summons from his new law office about two weeks after he started, with the papers. Suddenly, I owed him half of everything. I had been funding our lives, yet he still got half. We fought over everything, well except the fine dishes his parents had given us, supposedly I was not entitled to the dishes not even half. So what did I do, as he was taking the dishes I stopped him, taking the box I threw every last one of the dishes at him on the drive way. All of our friends were a result of his aquaintences so I lost all my friends, who took his side. I had heard from one, that I should be ashamed for cheating on him. I never ... my he was the only man I have ever been with." I cover my mouth at my confession, though realize it should indicate to Cal, his chance is near zero. "So began my disgust with men .. I can work with men .. but aftre tonight ... I think I am done."

I stop and set my now empty wine glass down. "Business ... if I would have known my meeting was ending that earlly I would have never agreed to this ... this thing ... and been home by now .. in my own bed."

Her laugh was as bright as her smile. There was a sincerity to her which at least made him all the more sympathetic to her situation, and to her disgust with the male species. He hoped, well, maybe hope wasn't the right word for it, he knew by the end of this evening he'd give her hope that not all men were as terrible as her ex there was that much confidence in Cal to think he could prove to Alexandria that not all men were like her ex. And, what gave him more than a flicker of hope was her comment that she hoped her evening together would be preferable to being alone. It made him think there was possibly a crack in that shell she protected herself with. One he hoped to pry open with his bare hands and bring her back to the world. Why did he felt this way? Cal wasn't sure. In his personal life he had but just a few friends, he'd never imagined getting married, and that sort of commitment was not something that he could do in his line of work. Too risky, to himself, the job and the collateral damage that would incur. No, attachments were never a good idea. He remembered a line from a movie he'd seen as a kid "Have no attachments that you can not turn your back on in 30 seconds flat if you see the heat coming around the corner." It had made him a blank slate, but one by choice, and he realized his life was more lonely than hers only because he'd choose to live this way. Dwelling on it wasn't a good idea so he decided it was better to focus on her.

So, Cal listened to her story with full attention. Leaning forward, he took a sip and listened to her emotions, listened to how the love of her life had basically used her. Anyone in that position would carry a grudge. If Cal had been put in that position, would he act the same? with little doubt in his mind yes. Sympathetically, he inquired,

"I hope you at least got to keep the house? And, just a thought. If there's anything left that he still wants 'half' of... you could always buy a chainsaw and literally give him half. Whoever this guy is, he sounds like trash." Cal smiled.. and continued with a slight smirk "You said he demanded half.. well, you could say you took him literally.."

Taking another long sip of wine, Cal watched her cover her mouth at her confession, a long image of helping her out of what she was wearing, exposing her lingerie beneath running hands over her taught stomach. Was she wearing something simple yet sexy or did she go all out? Was it black or white? or something else. His mind wandered probably for longer than it should have. Imagining undressing her and the thought made him stir. Smiling at her embarrassment, or shyness, he waved it off.

"Your secret is safe with me, I promise to tell nobody.." He gave her a smile, genuine, but with a hint of playfulness behind it. "Nothing like confessing your sex life. or lack there of to a complete stranger, to up the awkwardness.To confess my own troubled sex life, I can't remember the last time I shared my bed with a woman, it's been a while." Cal wanted to say more, tell her that her ex was a selfish prick for letting go of her. True, he hardly knew her, but he could tell there was a fire behind those eyes.

"Well, I know you'd 'prefer' to be in your own bed at the moment, but I for one am glad you are here..."

As if on queue, their waitress appeared, with their appetizer, a plate of grilled shrimp on skewers.Taking one off the plate he pulled a shrimp of the skewer and took a bite. Pleasantly happy with the spices and texture.

"Hard to screw up grilled shrimp but these are good.."

"What sort of business do you do?"

Cal had yet to volunteer any real information about himself, but was formulating what to say, if or when asked.

Beyond the surface I was beginning to sense Cal was complex. That there was more than a typical arrogant man, that like me, he had secrets, though even as I shared he gave little for details.

"Your secret is safe with me, I promise to tell nobody.." He gave her a smile, genuine, but with a hint of playfulness behind it. "Nothing like confessing your sex life. or lack there of to a complete stranger, to up the awkwardness.To confess my own troubled sex life, I can't remember the last time I shared my bed with a woman, it's been a while."

Alexandria smiled. "You best not .. because you are one of only a couple people to know that and I am the other. So if it gets out ... well all fingers will point to you." She was enjoying the conversation as she had never really spoken so openly of her divorce. The few men who had approached her in the past, would quickly end conversation with her. "You know somethings are easier to say to strangers ... a person does not care as much if it someone they do not know and will never see again." She paused trying to read him, his eyes, his words, yet Cal was a difficult read. Which made him interesting to her.

"Well, I know you'd 'prefer' to be in your own bed at the moment, but I for one am glad you are here..."

"Why thank you .. so I am better than sitting alone ... I will take that as a compliment ... though I am still trying to decide if you are better ... than being in my room alone .. with a romance novel." I teasingly smile to him, not even realizing that I am flirting.

"Hard to screw up grilled shrimp but these are good.."

"What sort of business do you do?"

"The shrimp look delicious." She says leaning forward. "I will have one ... if you will share." She licked her lips and left her lips parted as she leaned forward, stabbing one shrimp with a fork, then bringing the food to her mouth she pusred her lips and sucked a small piece into her mouth. "You are right ... it is hard to screw shrimp up ... and the cook did not." She finished and licked her lips, unwittingly.

"Work ... that I do." She paused not wanting to bore him. "Well nothing exciting ... I am in marketing. Since college I have had this job ... I was raising the ranks quickly ... though well ... I was distracted for a couple years and though they let me keep working. My ascent has pretty much ended. It seems behind me there were newer up and comers and I was forgotten. Though I do like my job. It allows me to be in exotic cities far from home having dinner with total strangers."

Looking to the shrimp she looks to Cal. "Maybe one more." She picks up the shrimp with her fork and looks to him. "What about you ... what job keeps your pockets full."

Cal looked at the ten shrimp left on the plate, gave her a wink, and replied, "I dunno... you were kinda getting sassy there for a minute. I mean you were kinda implying you might prefer a trashy romance novel than free dinner." He gave her a playful smirk, then continued, I'm sure they are good for a page or two but are they ever any good?" Cal was sure a comparison could be made between all the skin rags he'd read as a kid, sometimes fond memories, but not always. But as he heard Alexandria describe her work, he couldn't help but see some similarities between their jobs. He'd done everything he'd wanted to do, had stayed one step ahead of those who might try and put him in prison, And it was getting old.

He reached in and stabbed one with his fork, pulling it off and biting half of it off. "Isn't there some commercial where their motto is, 'You can never have just one...' " Cal's personal thoughts turned to something a bit more intimate, and looking at her smile, thought of kissing he wasn't too far away. Alexandria had a beautiful smile and lips that should be kissed frequently. But those were personal thoughts... thoughts he'd keep to himself. Tonight wasn't about getting her in bed, it was about not being alone. That's all. When she was done, Cal knew the question would be coming, so, he told the truth, mostly... from a certain point of view.

"I work in acquisitions actually. the company I work for actually has me glob trotting quite a bit, last year about this time I was in Singapore. Six months ago I was in France." It wasn't a lie, he had been in those places, doing a job.. which lead to this one. which would hopefully lead him 'out' of the job.

"it's mostly pretty boring really, I end up negotiating on behalf of my employer, they only want to pay so much for goods, I make sure that X goods get back to where they want them. But, I'm getting tired of the globe-trotting, sleeping in hotel rooms and not being able to 'plant roots'. So I'm plotting my way out of it all."

He'd been talking and munching on the shrimp, eventually noticing they'd finished it off, and again as if on cue, their waitress arrived with their food.

Looking at her salad, then at his own dish, Cal, raised his glass of wine and offered a toast. "Something like this deserves a toast. How about... to Kyle... thanks for not making it to dinner.." Cal gave her a mischevious smile, nodding his head to her as if it was her turn.

Last edited:
"I dunno... you were kinda getting sassy there for a minute. I mean you were kinda implying you might prefer a trashy romance novel than free dinner." He gave her a playful smirk, then continued, I'm sure they are good for a page or two but are they ever any good?"

"So you like that .. sassy." Alexandria smiles. "No one has ever used that word to describe me. A few others ... snarky, sarcastic, witch and ... well the one that rhymes with that." I smile. "Though sassy sounds much better."

"The books ... well the books are my guilty pleasure ... that and some online stories. Please do not tell anyone my secret." She smiled thinking there was a certain liberty in talking opening with a stranger. "I guess an escape for me ... from the reality that most men are total asses. Notice I said most." She teases.

"Isn't there some commercial where their motto is, 'You can never have just one...' "

Though she laughs a bit she replies. "So I take it that you are not a comedian .. are you." As she takes in the last shrimp.

"it's mostly pretty boring really, I end up negotiating on behalf of my employer, they only want to pay so much for goods, I make sure that X goods get back to where they want them. But, I'm getting tired of the globe-trotting, sleeping in hotel rooms and not being able to 'plant roots'. So I'm plotting my way out of it all."

She tilted her head slightly as she listened, as she paused she was silent, knowing he would most likely continue. Then most certainly he did.

She paused hoping he would be a bit more open, yet only gave general idea of what he did.

"So X goods huh ... what about Y?" She smiled at her comment she thought was both applicable and funny. "So boring .. it sounds like it... traveling the world ... seeing places .. conducting big deals .. yes I would just be bored with that myself. Hardly compares with my office, traveling a couple times a month for a night is some city, having a meeting and flying back home in coach. Yes my job does trump yours."

Cal offers a toast.

"Something like this deserves a toast. How about... to Kyle... thanks for not making it to dinner.."

Feeling a bit intoxicated and letting her words fly she leans forward at the toast and whispers a word she seldom says. "Fuck Kyle." She then clings her glass to Cal's. "I think you are a bit more interesting and fun." As she sits back the food arrives. "Besides you are buying me dinner ... Thank you Cal."

At the clink of their wine glasses, the sound lightly reverberated through the room. Cal nodded and smiled. He then looked around and noticed that a good portion of the restaurant was now cleared out. The two of them were indeed one of the only tables left having dinner. The fact that the two of them were at the center of the near-empty room, made it feel like they were on an island alone by themselves. His mind was wondering to places it shouldn't go, imagining another time, if it was, this could be a more romantic moment. Instead, reality filtered in and Cal let that sink deep into his thoughts instead.

"Remember Cal, 30 seconds or less..." He reminded himself.

Refocusing on Alexandria, he gave her a quirk of a smile. at her crass language and accepted her compliment.

"Very welcome, but I'm only as interesting or fun as the company I keep, and you, despite attempts to keep at bay a laugh and a smile, have a laugh, and a smile that could brighten any room."

He'd meant it. but he was starting to worry that showering her with compliments would get old and probably feel hollow since he'd known her for less than an hour. Would it mean he was trying to soften her up? Seduce her? Cal had no time for any of that, this was supposed to be a no expectations kind of thing, not a romance her and get her number. If they ended up in bed together tonight he'd never regret it, but he was worried that it would send her the wrong message despite what she's been saying.

So, Cal started into his dinner. Cutting into the Chicken Marsala it was fantastic as he expected. Respectfully he glanced up at Alexandria while they were eating, he knew some women had issues with people watching them eat, and while he wanted to continue their conversation, he knew she must be ravenous now that her Cobb salad had arrived, after he'd noticed it has been silent between them for a few minutes, he revisited her previous questions.

"Globetrotting isn't as much fun as you think. It's lonely in the respect that you miss family stuff, birthdays, anniversaries, parent's retirements, and the random holidays that others might not appreciate. Give you an example. I'm not religious, but nothing like hearing about my niece going on an Easter egg hunt while I'm in Thailand. It makes you long for home. Living out of a suitcase for days on end gets old, and relationships really never get solid. Of course. if you are one to see the world it's great, but you 'see' it never get to enjoy it. As for 'Y' oh well that's too expensive.. always is... X is barely affordable. Now I can't tell you what either is.. You know gotta keep somethings a secret, and keep you guessing."

Cal asked her a few questions about home, she'd not mentioned if she'd got to keep the house, and honestly, he was still curious. For now best to ask less personal questions and keep to more pie in the sky kind of questions. "So, where would you go? If you had the opportunity? Would you pick a beach, so you could get the sand between your toes while reading one of your trashy novels? Or would you rather go on an adventure? Visit Rome or see the ancient ruins of the Parthenon?"

Last edited:
"Very welcome, but I'm only as interesting or fun as the company I keep, and you, despite attempts to keep at bay a laugh and a smile, have a laugh, and a smile that could brighten any room."

She paused letting the words sink in. "Thank you Cal .. those are sweet things to say. I do appreciate it, though you can be honest, remember who I am, the divorcee who you are not taking to bed tonight." She bat her eyes and looked down with a bashful grin, unsure if she meant the words or was playing hard to get.

In the quiet she wondered if she had misspoken as the conversation had come to an end. She played with her Cobb salad, eating a bit more than she would normally, maybe nerves, maybe starvation, she was not certain. Finally the silence was broken.

"Globetrotting isn't as much fun as you think. It's lonely in the respect that you miss family stuff, birthdays, anniversaries, parent's retirements, and the random holidays that others might not appreciate. Give you an example. I'm not religious, but nothing like hearing about my niece going on an Easter egg hunt while I'm in Thailand. It makes you long for home. Living out of a suitcase for days on end gets old, and relationships really never get solid. Of course. if you are one to see the world it's great, but you 'see' it never get to enjoy it. As for 'Y' oh well that's too expensive.. always is... X is barely affordable. Now I can't tell you what either is.. You know gotta keep somethings a secret, and keep you guessing."

"Yes I am certain it is terrible ... though from my perspective of someone who rarely traveled until I could afford to on my own .. to me there is little more exciting than seeing a place for the first time ... it is like turning the page in a book ... something new ... not always exciting yet new. The first time you see a place you see the good and overlook the bad. Yes I suppose if you had a family it would be more difficult being away, yet in my case, my parents have both passed and since my sister and brother and I rarely speak. Heck on Easter I go to church just to not feel so alone." Alexandria confesses. "Though why so secretive .. Y and X man .. who is so mysterious." She flashes a smile.

Without knowing he was wondering she answered a question about her home. "Though I like living in the city now. I can walk to work from my condo, pickup dinner on the way home and sit on my balcony and admire the view. There is a certain peacefulness sitting so far above the city below ... but yah it can be lonely." She admits.

"So, where would you go? If you had the opportunity? Would you pick a beach, so you could get the sand between your toes while reading one of your trashy novels? Or would you rather go on an adventure? Visit Rome or see the ancient ruins of the Parthenon?"

"Where would I go? Hmm, there are so many places. I would love to see Europe, maybe Italy ... yes the obvious places, but find a small town by the sea, where almost no one speaks English. Maybe like Thailand. I do love Vegas, yet I have been there enough. In all honesty, though yes, I confess if I have a week off work, you would find me with my toes in the sand, with an umbrella in my drink reading my as you say trashy romance novels. That is my escape from reality. Maybe Key West, my father always wanted to go."

I pause looking to Cal. "If you like you can cal me Alex or Andria .. like my friends do. Alexandria can be a bit formal." I smile softly at him.

Cal listened to her talk, her voice was seductive in the sense that he truly enjoyed listening to what she had to say. Part of him wondered what she would sound like in the throws of passion. Was she vocal? Was she quiet? Her questions were never too personal, and she'd never asked if he had someone back home, or where ever he was from. Probably because she either didn't want to know, or because this was totally new to her, talking to a complete stranger. but the thought of Andria, sitting on a beach with a drink in hand reading her latest trashy novel did spurn other ideas.. Would she wear a two piece? maybe something tiny to allow her skin to soak up the nurturing vitamin C that the sun could provide. His mind wondered to other ideas, spreading sun screen on toned calves, the curve of her ass, and the flat stomach. which peaked through the current outfit she was wearing. Certain ideas played through his mind which were truly not acceptable for sharing. But with this internal dialog going on, the smile that crossed his face was well timed to her inquiry about his secretive nature.

Cal, replied to her question, and was honest about it. "Oh not truly mysterious, but like I said quite boring. More bulk acquisitions than anything. Can't ever buy just one. Otherwise the discount my employer is looking for really isn't there, and it's not worth the trip. I've never left empty handed, but I will say there are a few that have been more difficult than others. He thought back to Thailand, he'd had to do some sketchy things to get out of the country, He'd had to hide in the belly of a river boat under pounds of raw fish. He thought he'd never get the smell of it off his skin. Washing the thought from his mind, Cal turned to Andria's comments about Key West.

"I can see what you mean regarding Key West, I've never been there, never really had the time. Sorry to hear about your parents, and sorry to hear you lost the house."

"Or," Cal thought to himself "There's never been a job down there that was worth the risk."

He was starting to feel guilty about not being able to tell her everything here he was trying to boost her morale about having faith in men, but it would be based partially on a lie. He'd never see her again after tonight, never run into her and see what she looked like in a bikini, or resting on a lounger on the beach with a umbrella drink in her hand. It was sad in a way. but in reality he'd been lying his entire life. But, he'd been phrasing his answers in a half truth sort of way. Sure, Cal was in acquisitions... he was a thief. a VERY good one. And well paid for what he did. Every experience he'd told her was the truth, just.. skewed slightly about 30 degrees.

Cal gave her a warm smile as she gave permission to call her by a shortened version of her full name, "Thank you Andria, my friends call me Cal, it's short for Calvin, but only my foster mom used to call me that." Nodding to her salad, he commented, "How is it? If you are in the mood for a bite of mine I'm happy to share."

The rest of dinner went well, or at least Cal thought so, He asked about sports, favorite movies, and other such guilty pleasures while divulging that he occasionally finds himself tearing up at stupid commercials. They'd been there for a while, gabbing as they ate, eventually Cal looked at his watch, it read close to 10:30. Looking around the restaurant the bar crowd was still there, but the restaurant had nearly cleared out. A small lump in his stomach formed, he didn't really want tonight to end, and what was so different for Cal at this point was, he tried to think of another reason to stay with her. When the tab came, he felt sad inside, knowing that the feeling of being alone was going to creep back into his bones very quickly.

Paying the tab, Cal used cash making sure Andria never got sight of the bill he handed it right back to their waitress and said thank you. Looking at Andria Cal sighed and reached across the table to Andria. "Thank you for joining me for dinner. The meal was wonderful, but it doesn't come close to how wonderful it was to spend an evening with you."

He wanted to say more, there was more on his mind, but he dared not say it at the risk of sounding the fool.

Alexandria could sense there was more to his life than he was telling me, but oddly it drew me into him even more. Maybe the mystery.

"I can see what you mean regarding Key West, I've never been there, never really had the time. Sorry to hear about your parents, and sorry to hear you lost the house."

"yes I need to get there ... Key West I mean .. me and my trashy bock laying on the beach." I smile, then I add, choking with some emotion. "Yes that was a difficult perior, my parents, the divorce, the house ... that house thing still makes me mad." I pause as I realize. "Maybe that is why I like my escapes ... trashy novels ... beaches .. Vegas. Thanks for the therapy session Cal."

"Thank you Andria, my friends call me Cal, it's short for Calvin, but only my foster mom used to call me that." Nodding to her salad, he commented, "How is it? If you are in the mood for a bite of mine I'm happy to share."

He called her Andria .. the way it sounded was sweet and sent shivers up her spine. "Yes I figured Cal was short for something." She smiles to him. He asks about my meal, as I look down the Cobb salad is nearly gone with the exception of a couple tomatoes. "Uh sure ... it looks good." Andria, leans forward, her fork in her hand unsure whether to help herself or let Cal help her.

Andria had not even noticed how empty the restaurant had become until the waitress brought the tab telling Cal and Andria it was time to go. Without hesitation Cal paid the bill without allowing her to see it. She did notice he used cash and not a card. A sign she took as at least he was not using this as a business dinner.

Still Andria wanted the night and back and forth to continue. Yet the restaurant was clearly closing, the bar at this pint was crowded and loud and not an inviting place ofr a conversation.

"Thank you for joining me for dinner. The meal was wonderful, but it doesn't come close to how wonderful it was to spend an evening with you."

As they stood her emotions were astray. "No thank you Cal ... for turning another of my night into something memorable." As she stood she pondered asking for his cell number, though doubts set in that he did not see her in any thing more than a simple dinner companion. "I guess we should go ... and I have an early flight ... thanks again Cal." Andria opened her arms to give him a soft hug to the man she did not think she would ever see again.

Slowly her and Cal made there way to the exit. The night was over.

She stopped just before the door.

"Cal .... I am not real familiar with this area." Which was not the truth, she had stayed at the hotel on previous visits and knew the area well. "I know my hotel is just around the corner ... would you mind walking me back. I will by you a night cap at the hotel bar." Andria offered, hoping he would accept, hoping she would again hear Cal call her Andria.

Cal stood up when Andria did, he thought of a few things that might get her to stay with him. He'd offer to have her come back to his apartment, but that would sound stalkerish.

What made Cal think that there might be more to this, was that Andria opened her arms, inviting him to hug her. Without hesitation, Cal took the short step close to Andria and hugged her, it lasted for just a moment, but the effect on being so close to her let his insides on fire. And, whatever perfume Andria was wearing must have been subtle, he only caught a slight smell of something...

Following Andria to the door, he nearly walked right into her when she stopped.

"Cal .... I am not real familiar with this area. I know my hotel is just around the corner ... would you mind walking me back. I will buy you a nightcap at the hotel bar.

With no hesitation, Cal smiled, "Of course Andria, just lead the way..." Taking a step near Andria, he took her hand in his squeezed it and took a step just past her opening the front door to the restaurant ushering her outside.

Once they were out into the cool evening air, Cal turned to Andria and offered his arm, tucking his right hand into his pants pocket he hooked out his elbow intending to escort her where ever she may take him. Cal wasn't sure where this was headed, a nightcap to him alluded to possibly something more, and for Cal, the touch and smell of her was lighting his senses on fire.

Night cap or more... this was going to be an evening he'd remember...

"Of course Andria, just lead the way..."

Her heart quivered as he answered as she was near certain he would have said no. Then she feels her hand taken, squeezed, giving her a sensation she had not felt in forever.

"thank you." She said softly hiding her excitement.

He then offered his elbow which she accepted, holding his arm gently as they walked like two young lovers. She slowed her pace, not wanting the walk to end, yet it was not long and they were at the hotel standing outside.

"I promised you a night cap ... at the bar ... you cannot say no." She smiled, this time she took his hand, grabbing firmly, tugging him into the lobby. The bar could be seen across the lobby. The last bastion to avoid the modern decor of the remodel. Upon a quick look it would have looked as though it had been cleaned and was closed. Though soft jazz played and upon entering there were a couple gentleman spread apart in each corner at a table.

I said I would buy .. would you give me the honor of sitting with me at the bar Cal?." She paused, "Marquez ... Alexandria Marquez ... or as my mother says Alexandria Maria Marquez ... but for you Andria is perfect." She looked to him, wanting him to know who she was ... her name.

To Andria's urging, Cal let her pull him along, he didn't refuse one bit, and the fact that she was continuing the physical contact brightened his smile. "There's an old saying if a beautiful woman offers to buy you a drink, you accept. Not sure who said it, but he was a wise man." Cal jested and followed, the curve of her backside hypnotic, and the jazz music playing in the background only seemed to heighten the mood.

Following Andria, he couldn't help but admire her figure, she must workout, she had to either be a runner or a cyclist because she had curves. Amazing curves. He tried to not be 'overt' about how he admired her, the last thing he wanted her to think was that he was objectifying her. He'd spent the last few hours around her and thought he had a pretty good picture of her, She wanted more than what she had, desired happiness, just like anyone else, but was so jaded by how men had treated her in the past, that she'd fail to trust anyone if he broke her tonight. He didn't shirk that responsibility and didn't think much past a nightcap.

Cal joined her at the bar and ordered a whiskey on the rocks, he didn't want to get messy, they'd already shared a bottle of wine, and while they'd eaten, he just didn't feel comfortable drinking much more. Once Andria got her drink he held his drink out to her, smiled warmly, and clinked his glass against hers.

"Thank you for the drink, Miss Alexandria Marquez." Cal took a sip, the whiskey warming his throat, adding fuel to the fire inside him. "You have a beautiful name, and do I detect a smidge of Spanish in your heritage? I'm a mutt, my foster mom never knew what my background was, but I've always thought it might be English, Welsh or Irish. Even my last name isn't my own. Calvin Burnett is what was given to me at birth, but I have no idea if it was given to me by the state or otherwise."

Cal then turned so he'd be looking at her while they shared two barstools. Part of him very much wanted to reach out and kiss her cheek, another wanted to finish the drink and escort her to her room. They'd warmed to each other, but he also didn't want to be presumptive. People say and do a lot when they are drunk, and the last thing he wanted was to get mixed up with her and have her regret it the next morning.

Cal followed his last question, with one more. "What time is your flight in the morning?"

The setting was wonderful, the near empty bar and the soft jazz playing. Cal as Andria's date did not hurt things either.

"There's an old saying if a beautiful woman offers to buy you a drink, you accept. Not sure who said it, but he was a wise man."

"Well instead of beautiful you will have to settle for me." Andria teased in a self depricating way as she had never saw herself as beautiful. "Yes very wise man, which makes you wise for listening."

She did notice his looks, though did not feel he was gawking. He was more glancing, on occasion she would catch him, yet said nothing as she was enjoying the admiration of the handsome man. Though she was thinner back when she was 18, she had gained weight in college, in particular during the divorce. Since she had watched her diet, and began working out, setting on cycling as her got to. Some yoga had eventually been added. Even though she was fit now, she was skeptical of her own body.

As Cal sipped his whiskey, she sipped her martini, though at a faster pace. She had lost count of her drinking, between, the drinks at the restaurant bar and the wine. Andria was at the point she should not drive, and being her room was an elevator ride away, that was not an issue. Though she still felt she could make reasonable decisions.

"Thank you for the drink, Miss Alexandria Marquez." Cal took a sip, the whiskey warming his throat, adding fuel to the fire inside him. "You have a beautiful name, and do I detect a smidge of Spanish in your heritage? I'm a mutt, my foster mom never knew what my background was, but I've always thought it might be English, Welsh or Irish. Even my last name isn't my own. Calvin Burnett is what was given to me at birth, but I have no idea if it was given to me by the state or otherwise."

"Yes Marquez is Spanish, though only a bit remains. Lets see, German, British, Scandanavian and what ever else my ancestors did." She laughed. "You are English .. we could be related." Her hand landed on his thigh as she said the words, though she did pull back. She was unsure how to respond to his tail of not knowing his past. "You know sometimes it is a blessing to not be burdened' by the past or your relatives." In her words were truth as she had brothers and sisters who were not societies favorite.

"What time is your flight in the morning?"

She blushed at the question. "Well I fly out in the morning, but not as early as I had hinted at earlier." She confesses her indiscretian of telling him she had an early morning flight. "But I do fly out in the morning, before noon anyway, 11:45am. Though I have to leave for the airport by 9." She again looked to see the time at her phone which was still dead. "So up by 6 to get my workout, coffee, shower and get ready." As she spoke openly, not realizing her words were probably saying things she did not want. Mostly that this night would not end.

The bartender approached, though both glasses were not empty. "Last Call can I get you two anything?" the bartender asked.

"Another martini for me." Not that Andria needed it, yet she hoped Cal would not let her drink it alone. "Also can I ask you a favor, could you take a picture of my friend and I ... you will have to use his phone ... if that is OK Cal."

Her subtle teasing, her infectious laugh made Cal laugh right along with her. At her comment about the past, or relatives it made him think to his own past, and what had brought him to where he was. Without thinking he'd said it, he was a bit more open about his past than he'd intended it to be. Maybe it was the wine or the whisky but he found his comfort level with Andria quite... different. Maybe it was because she was a complete stranger, and they'd never see each other again after tonight, but even still, maybe he was allowing himself to be seduced by her beauty. Even if she had no idea she was doing it.

"I'd mostly agree with not being weighted down by the past, but it would still be nice to have one. I've seen those commercials and ads for the ancestry tests, and have thought about taking one. but I've never done it." Honestly, he'd thought about it, but the last thing he needed was for his DNA to be out there and get traced back to some job he'd done, He'd always been extraordinarily careful, but there were still ways. If someone wanted to find him they could, but they'd have one hell of a time catching him.

Looking at his watch, he spied the time, they were approaching 11:00 he had nowhere to be precisely in the am, although he'd planning on taking a drive for some materials, he didn't need to do that urgently.

'Your dedication to your daily workout shows Andria, if you don't mind me saying. There are very few women who could wear the outfit you have on and look as amazing as you do wearing it.. As far as myself, I wouldn't say i'm a gym rat but I do try and utilize whatever the hotel gym has available."

He tried to do the times in his head. yea, she'd need to be out of her hotel and at the airport by 9, security always sucked, well it had the last time he was on a flight, but something was telling him she might not make her morning workout. depending on the hangover she was going to be dealing with. But that wasn't for him to figure out.

At her inquiry about having another drink, Cal agreed, simply giving a nod to the bartender.

"Of course!" Cal slipped his phone from his inside jacket pocket and swept his thumb across the face of it handing it to the bartender. Keeping a respectful distance from Andria he looked at the camera and gave a genuine smile. The bartender snapped a shot then gave them gave them a hard time. "Oh come on on you two, make like you actually like each other."

Cal laughed and scooted himself closer to Andria. At first he scooted closer to her on his bar stool, and at the bartender's urging he stood up and got close. wrapping his arm around her shoulder, he put his cheek with in an inch of hers.

The smell of her perfume, her body wash, whatever it was, was simply.... intoxicating. When the bartender was done, he smiled and said "You two look great together..." then handed Cal back his phone.

Standing right next to Andria, he flipped through the pictures, for 11:00 at night, and a few drinks in, the two of them did look really good together. Cal, moved just a few inches turning his face next to Andria, "He's right..." came his voice, just a smidge above a whisper... "I'm going to need your number.. if you want me to send it to you..."

Back