Halloween 2015 Challenge Rules & Discussion

I see angelines i see gms i think I see harrys and a butters the rest no idea

Hmmph. You seem sure of yourself. I recognize GM's poem. I think. I have to try to find butters'. I love her writing and I am irked that I can't spot it more easily. :confused:

ETA: I see a terzanelle, an Italian sonnet and maybe butters' poem.

Last edited:
Hmmph. You seem sure of yourself. I recognize GM's poem. I think. I have to try to find butters'. I love her writing and I am irked that I can't spot it more easily. :confused:

ETA: I see a terzanelle, an Italian sonnet and maybe butters' poem.

I do ok at the guessing side of things most of the time ;) not so goos with identifiny anything that ends in elle, and a sonnet? But well I guess you get what you get :D

wow! lotta entries already :cool:

is #1 about ted bundy? i know the name but i'm unfamiliar with his story other than mass murderer

#3, pumpkins - if it wasn't as closely controlled, and due to subject matter, i'd have guessed harry - but i'm thinking angeline for this one

and pyewacket... that name, trying to recall which of you ladies has/d a cat called that :D it's probably my favourite here so far, and is definitely charming if not so very scary :cool:

*back to reading*

Last edited:
given its content - sacrifice, hot, roasted meat, spider-webbed trees, 'pissy', then i'm fingering harry for this one :D if i'm wrong he's sure to let me know :D

i'm blaming magnetron for #6 - who else would slip 'exsanguinating' in there? that, the length of the write, and the wry 'sat there threequarters nekkid and no-one even noticed' seem to point his way. either that or there's a lady here who's drawing from a rueful memory somewhere :eek:

absolutely loving these opening lines from #4

Vampires

In darkened galleries
of lust we wait
framed in dust and guilty absence

wish i'd have written that! sooo atmospheric :cool: who wrote it? not a clue

i think tods might be the author of #5, Jack

lots of alliteration i associate with his writing, plus the string of slash/bash/decapitation etc....

#10's so irrepressibly daft it's delightful, insanity running riot in unabashed glee :D

#12 - something in its content and last line says gm to me

#9 - beyond the ding-dong-bell nursery rhyme

#11 - is growing on me; reading and rereading, there's more creepiness to this than first meets the eye - the ear helps deliver extra spookiness

yeah #1 is about ted bundy, looks like a carry over from the historical thread, I'm guessing AH

12 is gm, definitely, I hear the voice that I always associate with his poetry when I read it, spooky right?

10 must be Mag

9, I'm guessing butters

now whoever wrote terranelles n sonnets for a Halloween challenge I just want to say that is just so wrong :rolleyes:

given its content - sacrifice, hot, roasted meat, spider-webbed trees, 'pissy', then i'm fingering harry for this one :D if i'm wrong he's sure to let me know :D

Nobody is fingering anybody in here.

Keep your fingers to yourselves.

butters beat me to it.......17's hilarious :D

I keep making choices as to IDs then chickening out. :eek:

Last edited:
wow! lotta entries already :cool:

is #1 about ted bundy? i know the name but i'm unfamiliar with his story other than mass murderer

#3, pumpkins - if it wasn't as closely controlled, and due to subject matter, i'd have guessed harry - but i'm thinking angeline for this one

and pyewacket... that name, trying to recall which of you ladies has/d a cat called that :D it's probably my favourite here so far, and is definitely charming if not so very scary :cool:

*back to reading*

Just dont google bundy that guy is damaged goods WTF

and you, sir. might also own a h'een cat (#9)........or not. :confused:
Nope, not me; I wish it was mine. It's quite well written. It's certainly not a trick or treat candy bar poem. After my career of dealing with criminals, my first thought was ritualistic execution, a not uncommon childhood behavior among psychopaths, particularly violent sexual predators, such as the Ted in #1. The more I thought about it, however, I think Johnny is just feeling guilty about not having been able to save the cat. It'll be interesting to read the poet's take on it when the challenge is done.

Back