Which Disney Movie Plagiarized Your Life Story?

Hello Summer!
From here:
An author named Isabella TaniKumi has filed a $250 million suit against the Walt Disney Company saying that Frozen was not actually based on the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, The Snow Queen, but her 2010 autobiography about growing up in Peru.
I suspect she's not going to win. So. If you were going to sue Disney for plagiarizing your life story, which movie would you claim did it? :confused: And why?

Last edited:
If you were going to sue Disney for plagiarizing your life story, which movie would you claim did it? :confused: And why?

My life was plagiarized by Bernie Taupin (Elton John's lyricist) and David Lynch, not Walt Disney. Actually, my (metaphorical) life was stolen from a 10CC lyric: "I was an orphan, and I couldn't help it / I've been in and our of trouble / ever since they found me in / a basket on the freeway". Fuck, where *IS* that basket?

Disney movies... what was that old Disney nature show where they invented the myth of lemmings swarming off cliffs? Yeah, I was in there, too. I'll sue!

Lady and The Tramp.

My wife was a good girl from a good family then she ran into me.

Monsters Inc.

May look big, furry, and scary but I'm best at making people laugh.:devil:

And i don't want to touch kids, they are contaminated with a deadly posion. :D

And i work for a guy that kind of looks like this.

waternoose.jpg

Monsters Inc.

May look big, furry, and scary but I'm best at making people laugh.:devil:

And i don't want to touch kids, they are contaminated with a deadly posion. :D

And i work for a guy that kind of looks like this.
Sounds like they plagiarized your life, alright! You should sue :D I mean, how else could they have come up with that boss if they hadn't read your description of him?

Side note: Ever notice that in Disney films, cartoons, and comics, the mother is always dead or institutionalized? Disney has always hated grown women. Little girls are okay (they're the target audience) but Mom is gone. Sort of like Xianity where the Holy Family is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost -- the ghost being the mother that the Father killed. But I digress. Anyone whose life story WAS plagiarized by Disney must have had a tragic, dysfunctional upbringing, the kind where they grow up into rightwing nutjobs and/or exhibitionist performers (just look at ex-Mousketeers). No, I'll take being a lemming, thanks.

Side note: Ever notice that in Disney films, cartoons, and comics, the mother is always dead or institutionalized? Disney has always hated grown women. Little girls are okay (they're the target audience) but Mom is gone. Sort of like Xianity where the Holy Family is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost -- the ghost being the mother that the Father killed. But I digress. Anyone whose life story WAS plagiarized by Disney must have had a tragic, dysfunctional upbringing, the kind where they grow up into rightwing nutjobs and/or exhibitionist performers (just look at ex-Mousketeers). No, I'll take being a lemming, thanks.

That is true, and though it's particularly clear with Disney it's also true of other media. There's a thesis in that if it hasn't already been written.

My Disney Movie is Fantasia, of course. Every scene could have been lifted from my diary. Uncanny.

I wondered what that animator was doing following me around.

That is true, and though it's particularly clear with Disney it's also true of other media. There's a thesis in that if it hasn't already been written.

My Disney Movie is Fantasia, of course. Every scene could have been lifted from my diary. Uncanny.

I wondered what that animator was doing following me around.

Philip Glass has a new 'musical' based on Walt, called 'The Perfect American'.

Back