The restorative tea thread.

Lovely story, Query - glad she appreciated it.

One of Small's favourite meals is Earl Grey tea and cucumber sandwiches. I could not be more proud. He gulps that stuff like a duchess back from safari.

Now drinking a genuinely restorative White Peony and at last beginning to feel more myself after weeks. A little light dusting in here, a tidy of the bookshelves, and it will feel like new again.

afternoon, des :)

that earl grey i have is a little . . . loud

admittedly i made it in the cup, using a diffuser, and maybe i put in too much though i don't think so. it smelled lovely but, rather than being flavourless, it was like drinking a bottle of perfume. :( i checked the ingredients and the bergamot was 'flavouring'. i'll try it again at half strength to see if it helps. it was disappointing as it was, though i did have some delicious buttery toast spread with H's ma'am's muscadine apple jelly (nom!)

afternoon, des :)

that earl grey i have is a little . . . loud

admittedly i made it in the cup, using a diffuser, and maybe i put in too much though i don't think so. it smelled lovely but, rather than being flavourless, it was like drinking a bottle of perfume. :( i checked the ingredients and the bergamot was 'flavouring'. i'll try it again at half strength to see if it helps. it was disappointing as it was, though i did have some delicious buttery toast spread with H's ma'am's muscadine apple jelly (nom!)

good afternoon butters, I'm Honey.:cattail:

I can't remember if we've met?

Thank you! Trying hard to put my little problems in context. Hope your own real difficulties are not weighing you down too much.

It's a work in progress. if I can get through the weekend relatively unscathed, I think everything will be okay. ;)

Lit has been a welcome break, and I have had lots of fine folks to visit with this week--a nice treat!

It's a work in progress. if I can get through the weekend relatively unscathed, I think everything will be okay. ;)

Lit has been a welcome break, and I have had lots of fine folks to visit with this week--a nice treat!

I do hope this is the first time you two have met: butter and honey meeting in a tea thread would be all sorts of perfect.

Good to hear that the end of the beginning, as Churchill said, may be in sight for you, Honey. And Butters, overly strong flavouring has ruined many an Earl Grey for me: I think you have the right idea in trying to diffuse it more, but if it is flavouring rather than extract then that perfume may be inevitable.

hello honey :rose: pleased to make your aquaintance, especially in such a genteel thread :D

beautiful avatar, btw. very charming.

Ha, I see it, 2nd from the right, but I've got my Union Jack mug that says, 'Keep Calm and Carry On that butters sent me.

Splendid! In that case, say when. Milk and sugar are on the Louis XV occasional table - do help yourself.

A fat, dissolute, drunken, incestuous, club-footed Welshman who died young?

OK, I'll take that...;) (Thank you!)

Great. So I can add hairy midget into the mix. :rolleyes:

I preferred the James Spader days, I think!

aw :rose:

i rather had in mind 'troubled artistic soul fond of life's indulgences, too often disappointed with fellow humans that jaded wars constantly with hope, author's back slip cover pose'

;)

aw :rose:

i rather had in mind 'troubled artistic soul fond of life's indulgences, too often disappointed with fellow humans that jaded wars constantly with hope, author's back slip cover pose'

;)

:heart:

That might just be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me, butters! Thank you - will you have some tea?

look!
26_dylan_thomas.jpg

That's exactly what I thought. But not quite so young.

Back