30 in 30 Companion Thread

Congratulations on such a strong finish to your 30/30, Angie!

I have some very special memories located at the Jersey Shore, and I loved being reminded of them.

Thanks Calli. I need to.work on the ending of.that last poem. I miss the shore too. It was a big part of my early years. 😃

Woot!!! Ange and Rem! Been reading. What a ride! Thanks and congratulations on yet another thirty. :heart::cattail:

Hi! I've missed seeing you here. Thank you. :heart:

Asbury Park and Seaside Heights.

Seaside Heights is the area my memories are in. :)

For me it was Seaside Heights, Asbury Park and Island Beach State Park. I also spent a summer working in Wildwood as a teenager, but that was more the Philly crowd there. Most of my (central Jersey) friends went to Seaside. :)

Hi! I've missed seeing you here. Thank you. :heart:

For me it was Seaside Heights, Asbury Park and Island Beach State Park. I also spent a summer working in Wildwood as a teenager, but that was more the Philly crowd there. Most of my (central Jersey) friends went to Seaside. :)

I fifth the congrats. It is interesting where these endeavors take us.

That's what I love about this poems and ones in a similar vein; the way they transport those of us who might not have spent summers, working or otherwise, at the shore (or other places) and let us feel like we had. Great job, Ange! :rose:

:cool:

I fifth the congrats. It is interesting where these endeavors take us.

Thank you P'Tor. I much enjoyed reading your poems in the 007 thread. You're very good at this poetry thing imho and you seem to have spread the 007 excitement as we now have our Calli and Katie Jones posting there. :)

That's what I love about this poems and ones in a similar vein; the way they transport those of us who might not have spent summers, working or otherwise, at the shore (or other places) and let us feel like we had. Great job, Ange! :rose:
:cool:

Thank YOU. Your poems inspire me to keep going. We're a good team in that 30/30 thread. We help each other with ideas even if we are not otherwise discussing them!:) :rose:

Thank you P'Tor. I much enjoyed reading your poems in the 007 thread. You're very good at this poetry thing imho and you seem to have spread the 007 excitement as we now have our Calli and Katie Jones posting there. :)

I'm not ready to commit to trying the 30/30 again, but I had a little over a week to go, so I'm doing the 007 to make myself feel better about not finishing. :D

I'm not ready to commit to trying the 30/30 again, but I had a little over a week to go, so I'm doing the 007 to make myself feel better about not finishing. :D

Well you're doing great! I thought yesterday's poem (After-Effects) was heart-wrenching and beautiful.

Well I think you turned out grand Annie, looking forward to reading the rest of your run :)

UYS & Trixie you are both well past halfway ( 60% complete to be precise) keep it up.

Trix ..... 1-19 ..... Oh I say!

:D that there was inspire by a hemp oil massage I received yesterday.

and the 30 always seems to me more like rush hour traffic than a hill, stop and go, full of frustration with the occasional bit of smooth sailing. sometimes all the lights are green and others no matter what route you try it's all jammed up and you just have to sit idiling until there's an opening, however dubious to jump into.

For what it's worth, Annie, you're #20 made me giggle. I so know that feeling! :D

For what it's worth, Annie, you're #20 made me giggle. I so know that feeling! :D

The sense of humour is still intact even if the toe took a bashing! I thought to myself they are not going to get anything profound from me today but there's no way I'm going to miss a day and go back to Number 1 for a bruised toe!
BTW thanks for reading, it feels less lonely in there knowing you are :)

The sense of humour is still intact even if the toe took a bashing! I thought to myself they are not going to get anything profound from me today but there's no way I'm going to miss a day and go back to Number 1 for a bruised toe!
BTW thanks for reading, it feels less lonely in there knowing you are :)

You do humor in poetry so well, even with a bruised toe. :)

I'm quite sure you have several people reading every day, even if we all seem to be going through a bit of a quiet phase at the moment. I've had company in the thread each time I've attempted the challenge, and I know that's been helpful for me. Hard to imagine being the only one plugging along in there, but you're doing well and getting it done. Playing through injuries, too!

Annie, I like your #28; it's lovely, hopeful and melancholy.

Just two more! :)

Back