Corner Time

conservative1

Experienced
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Posts
86
Over the last couple of years, my wife & I have discovered several types of BDSM play. Whipping, pegging, light bondage even some pee play. We also do some non sexual Femdom play. I'm the bottom & I love it.

I recently discovered something on the net that turns me on. Corner Time or time out punishment. The pictures I've seen show both male & female with red bottoms standing or setting in the corner. But, even subjects standing in the corner fully clothed is a turn on for me.

Any experience with this? Would love to hear any thoughts on the subject.
 
I can't comment on "play" or "scenes". 24/7 lifestyle or bust.

But I can comment on ideas for "You've been out of line and need a time out."

First of all punishment itself can be applied beforehand. Regardless once someone's been out of line at the time of the punishment toss them in a cage. Or tie their leash to something somewhere. Even putting someone in a cage just to see how they "fit in it" can do the trick. Find a spot to just "Stick 'em at" for a bit. It's a lot easier to do lifestyle due to the "Any time, any place" factor. Being spontaneous about it.

I was once tied to a doghouse. It's not "just" the fact that I was tied to a doghouse. it was the tension beforehand which lead daring someone to do it and stating they wouldn't there. Which they did. Which eased the mood. It's all a combination of events.

Basically try to think outside the box. Where can someone be tied/caged. When. For what reason. The answers will likely come when you're engaging. Just got to keep the questions themselves in mind.
 
It's a good and valid thing. I wouldn't call it "play" though.

One thing is not to mis it up with being cold, shunning or ignoring the sub. Because corner time is already an impactful gesture.
Actually those things are always bad, I just said it because I can see how corner time or "time out" time can lead to giving your sub a cold shoulder whenever you are displeased.
 
It's a good and valid thing. I wouldn't call it "play" though.

One thing is not to mis it up with being cold, shunning or ignoring the sub. Because corner time is already an impactful gesture.
Actually those things are always bad, I just said it because I can see how corner time or "time out" time can lead to giving your sub a cold shoulder whenever you are displeased.

Excellent advice. Helping a pyl grow and learn is quite a different mindset than getting pissed off at a transgression and letting that lead to a frigid dickishness. I’d suppose. I just wouldn’t know what that would feel like. I’d think it would be... bad and would set off a short period of squabbling in, say, December. Or whenever.
 
i have never thought about it but it does speak to the meditative side of submission.
 
I think there is a difference here in intent?
The OP is "turned on" by it... While most of the replies cone from the standpoint ( as do I) that "punishment" or corner time would be used as a deterrent. If it is a turn on, then that wouldn't really work. At least from the submissive perspective...probably from a guiding Dom perspective as well.
I'm with the vast majority of the above. For me, anything that is intended as a punishment would be severely hard on me emotionally, and thus wouldn't "turn me on" in the least.
However, if you see it not as a punishment, but as a part of objectification, which turns you on, (Top can put me here and leave me here not as a punishment, but because They darn well feel like it) then that I can totally understand. Or if you are into Bondage and Punishment not in the submissive growth/learning/ lifestyle sense, but in a play "make me" sense. Again go for it.


So question would be: which of those mindsets are you speaking to?
From an objectification standpoint: whatever would deepen that sense of "can do anything to me" would heighten those feelings.

From a punishment as play standpoint: I guess perhaps asking you to be in a specific position during your timeout might deepen it. Ex: display or down.

But from a submissive as growth lifestyle....if its a turn on, it isn't a punishment. IMHO.

And to each his own.
 
while it's certainly important to distinguish between punishment and "funishment" sometimes genuine punishment can be cathartic and/ or subspace inducing, and both of those can be a huge turn on for submissives. I see this overlooked or misunderstood a lot.

oh, and maybe pay attention. Don't let subs put themselves in a corner. That's probably not cathartic, and should probably be taken as a warning sign for severe depression or even as a red flag for other self destructive tendencies.

Point 1: cathartic I can see. A line in the sand I can see. A relief in some cases. Point be good, point be true.

Point 2: ....yeah...thank you for pointing that out. Also good point. Pertinent today.
 
I wonder about the idea that "if you're turned on by it or enjoy it, then it isn't really a punishment". Considering this simplistically, that may not be true. As an example, many people enjoy being spanked. A playful spanking for fun - easy turn on. Becoming turned on during a punishment spanking can result in conflicting emotions that heighten the experience. The physical aspect might turn you on, but knowing it is the result of displeasing your Dom (and that you shouldn't be enjoying it) can still make it an affective punishment.

I don't know. I think it's ok, or even good sometimes, to kind of enjoy part of the aspect of the punishment, be it the physical, mental, emotional, or outcome of the punishment. Or maybe I'm just weird. :)
 
Back
Top