"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Jerry

Things wasn't hairy quite yet, but it was coming close to becoming a problem, how in tarnation was he supposed to get rid of all them bodies? By now he was down to 9mm Uzis and pistols, firing from the ground level windows as the big Browning was doing it's talking from the second floor. Still the zombies seem to attack from only one direction, given a week, Jerry knew that he would have all directions covered, of course it also meant that he would have to get busy reloading...if he survived. So far that chance did look good, then a squeal on the radio drew his attention, he rushed over to the radio,

"This is Charlie Hotel over."

There was a slight squarble and then a voice came through,

"What is the situation, over?"

"Starting to run out of zombies, recon have a large group heading towards the Winery, over."

A long pause greeted his words,

"Please repeat that?"

"The zombies are almost done here, huge group heading towards the Kings' over."

"Uhm...roger that."

"Hey, if you see Cramer up there, tell him I will be needing some gasoline, these zombies have made a mess of the place."

"Will do that, you need help?"

"Negative, I will receive an ammo drop soon, I believe the zombies will run out of numbers before then. Just get word to the Knights."

"This is the Knights."

Jerry stared at the radio,

"Well I'll be a damned horny crow...OK, just get your guys ready, I will try to get more ammo to you guys, good luck. Out."

Another silence,

"Roger that, over and out."
 
''I'm on it Troy, just have to get Ria's cell.'' Godamn zombie sons of bitches, what tha fucks next?! That was the thought running through my mind, and finding Ria to borrow her cell to contact Cassie. Boy is she going to get her ass chewed out big time. Heading for the front porch at a loping run, bellowing Ria's name as I entered the door. ''Ria, Cassies gone and took the hell off in the fuckin APC, for one of her damned joyrides again!'' At my loud tirade Ria slowly turned around to face me, I cross my arms in an obviously pissed off display. ''I was asked by Troy to contact her, can I borrow your cell? Or better yet, ye could do it Darlin and save me the stress.'' I gave her my best good ol' boy grin, in hope this would get her to deal with Cassie. ''You're the scientist here, what in the hells up with these fuckin zombies? We git away from em and now there's godamn hordes coming after us, it's like a controlled action against all of us that survived.''
 
Last edited:
Ria

My mouth dropped open. Cassie had taken the APC for a joyride and we needed it badly. Washington and Sky were already getting a team together to man it and head out to a farm where only a dad and a mum, their three very small children and the mum's grandfather were fighting off zombies.

"A controlled action you call it, Cramer," I nodded my head while I got my phone out off my pocket. "It really seems to be, and the ambush we run into when we came here was controlled too. The zombies are just too dumb to organize something like this on their own. Of course, if a few move somewhere others would follow, but they never would manage to stage an ambush. I don't know why or how, Cramer." I held my hand up to stop him from responding.

"Cassie! Get over to the Sander's farm, Cramer will tell you where it is and help them, they are under attack from zombies." I was sure my tone told her exactly how angry I was. With a sigh I handed Cramer my phone. "I'll find Sky and Washington and tell them to take the van. You tell Troy. I will too. Better he hears it twice than not at all," I whispered in Cramer's ear before I walked away as quickly as I could on my strained ankle.

He looked worried, nodded and started to explain Cassie where she had to go, cutting off or talking through her excuses. At least I hoped that was what she started to do as I heard her voice after the silence which had greeted my commands since the phone was already on its way too Cramer when she started to talk.

I wondered if Bart had the same problems. Frank's Street was quite vulnerable, even with the wall of cars we had build around the three houses in the middle.
 
"Cassie are you alright? I know killing all those zombies did me a world of good, but it doesn't change the fact that we have lost Max. " Derry said to me

"Derry let’s just try and get thru this day OK?" I replied not feeling it anymore. The angry and frustration had been vented. Now I was just sad we had lost Max.

As we got closer and closer to King’s Estate, I noticed there seemed to be more than a few zombies around. Derry noticed it too.

"Cassie....am I seeing things or is there more zombies as we get closer to Kings? I don't like this...don't like this one little bit. I think we better get our weapons ready."

“Ok … Lock and Load” I told her as I fired up the Cummins VTA-903T diesel 600 hp engines. The Bradley accelerated down the road. Over the radio we, or more accurately, I received my first of MANY ass chewings.

“OK .. Got it we are headed for Sander’s Farm … ETA … I don’t know” I yelled back into the radio. But if it was not far away we’d be there quickly … I was driving the Bradley like it was a race car.

“HOLD ON DERRY … I’M GOING TO SEE IF THIS THING CAN FLY!!” I yelled as we took a bump in the road … the heavy APC just chewed up the bump and we did not go airborne.

“This reminds me of something” I say to Derry

“What?” She answered

“Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition … chaplain aboard the USS New Orleans during the Japanese attack on pearl harbor.

“Ok … well we could use his/her/it help right now!” Derry gasped as Sander’s Farm came into view. It was bad … REALLY BAD. The zombies were coming in from all sides and the survivors were on the upper part of the house shooting at them. The house had not been penetrated but there were so many zombies slain that they were stacking up several feet high. The zombies were using that to try to get through the upper floor windows.

The family was doused the bodies with gasoline and threw a match down to incinerate the bodies. But this was dangerous as it could cause the entire house to burn down. There was noxious black smoke filling the air.

In other spots along the walls of the house more zombies were appearing and threating to get into the house.

“OK TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!” I yelled.

Derry popped the top hatch. I thought she had totally lost it. She began to sing in the most powerful beautiful voice you can imagine. All her nerves seemingly gone. I joined in with the song. I'm not religous ... but that angry and frustrated hole in me was filled ... it was filled with a purpose. Soon I could hear the people in the house singing to. The song was inspiring everyone! It was one of the most moving experiences in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7HPQM0Jgg

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.
I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His day is marching on.
I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Since God is marching on.
He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Our God is marching on.
In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me.
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
While God is marching on.
He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
Our God is marching on.
(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Our God is marching on.

I used the Bradley as a crushing machine. The purpose that filled that hole in me was ...The zombies were not going to get inside this house... NO FUCKING WAY. Derry was used the chain linked 25mm guns in time with the song. Cutting down any zombies I missed.
 
When Ria found me in the dining hall trying to organize our defenses and told me what the girls had done I almost threw the paperweight I had been holding through the boarded up doors. Calming myself I nodded at her and sighed. "Remind me to kill them when they get back please if we survive, now have a look at these plans and tell me what you think."

I had placed our two best sharp shooters in the towers with enough ammunition too last them for an hour. They each had a walky so could call for more if needed. The upper story was going to be manned by two person teams, one armed with a gun one with a bow. Hopefully this would conserve ammunition but I doubted it. The bowman had been told to go for crippling shots and then the riflemen head shots to finish them off. The two machine guns had been pulled back to the compound. By the sounds of things it was too dangerous to leave them out there. I had placed one in the tower to give a high ranged cover fire and the other over the large gate to protect anyone making a dash to get inside in a vehicle. Hopefully Cassie and Derry would get back with the APC and it's guns could be added to the defense and I could bring that gun to the front where it was supposed to be. I also hadn't received word from Sky and Washington about how their little trip was going and if they had encountered any Zombies on the road.

"As the Zombies march up hopefully a few of them will succumb to the added spikes we have placed all around us in the vineyards and we can go out and pick some of them off before retreating and pulling back the moat planks and raising the drawbridge. Hopefully by that time yhose two idiots will be back and we will have some extra firepower but if not we will just have to deal with it. Way I see it is they will keep coming and fall in the moat. First couple will get plugged on the stakes but eventually they will become clogged and then they will make it over. Depending on numbers left we have a choice, set it alight or pick off the stragglers. Then we just have to survive."
 
Ria

I saw how hard it was for Troy to not act upon the anger he felt over the girls' latest action. I myself couldn't understand why they had done it. Not even Derry had told anyone what they would do, where they would go.

"Remind me to kill them when they get back please, if we survive, now have a look at these plans and tell me what you think."

I nodded at him.

"I will, and I will hold them down for you," I said grimly, my eyes on the maps.

"A head shot? Forget about that, it costs too much ammunition and the zombies don't need a coupe de grâce. Post Thomas and Skip with the bowmen. They are good with the slingshot. Give them a generous stack of smaller gasoline Molotovs. That will get some more zombies as soon as they are attracted to the fire. I don't think that whoever is controlling them in what way is able to keep them away from the warmth of a fire. The same for the moat: as soon as some are caught on the stakes we'll throw some Molotovs on them. It will be easy to just push the few burning ones who make it over the moat back into it."

I looked at him.

"Troy, we are too much used to and too much depending on modern warfare still. We have to start thinking of other possibilities than guns. How many bows do we have? How many are already passable bowmen? Tell them to start using the bows, and to keep the guns as a last resort. Big stones in catapults would be good too. Or burning tacky dry greenery. Where are the vine plants you ripped out? We could easily bind bundles by winding one plant around a few others. A bit of toilet paper in between, some gas on it, and throw it around outside the fence. A very small, well directed Molotov would set it alight.

It is something the elder people and kids can prepare while the more able ones defend us. As soon as the bundles are done, you and I get in a truck, you drive, and I throw them off. Luckily it isn't raining today! I'll get Robert and Lola to work on it."
 
I smiled at Ria. "Sorry, hard for me not to think that way. To many years of it drilled into me but I see what you mean. Stop thinking like a base commander and start thinking like a scout. Use what is around me and knowledge of the enemy to my advantage. " I smiled at her to show I understood now. "Well we know that most of them are going to be pretty quick. I doubt whether any of them has fed in days, so they will be acting just like a normal person only no brain behind them. They love fire but if possible we should leave the moat as a last resort. We also know they leave the dogs alone so I have a plan for that but we will have to be quick. Grab as many people as can be spared and all the rakes ad shovels as we have and follow me. Oh and a gas can of fuel."

I raced into our ammunition bunker and grabbed three large pouches of black powder and about ten sticks of dynamite. Then racing outside I told people what to do. I want huge mounds of sticks, leaves, small pieces off wood, nothing too big though hand sized only. About ten mounds spaced reasonably evenly around the compound as close to the vines as a person could throw a Molotov from the roof. That's worse case, I am hoping to shoot a burning arrow so don't worry and there is a back up plan for that but plan for worse case people always remember that."

Quickly ten large piles were created and I sent everyone back inside. I had the pup and Anubis to watch my back As I placed a the dynamite inside the mound, surrounded the wick with black powder and left a trail to just outside the pile then from that left a trail of gasoline to a spot twenty feet from the pile. Then I liberally doused the pile. I repeated the process nine more times before making my way back. Ria had been making her vine bombs with the help of the kids and she had a heap already. Some of the kids enjoyed throwing them on each other before they put them in the buckets. They stuck to their shirts with no problems and I saw what Ria was getting at. Throw one of these and it sticks to a Zombie. It goes up and blunders into others. Very shortly Zombie barbeque.

"Great idea Ria I might borrow a bucket of these.." I began when the call of "Zombies approaching," came over the Walky. "Guess that idea will fall into the next time category. Let's hope we are ready."
 
Derry and Cassie are back

Derry and I had saved the farm house. She waved to the people on the second floor and I honked the backup horn as we left and headed back to the winery. There was a ‘crackling” radio report from Washington and Ski. Another large zombie force had hit a farm not far from the winery; however they had it “under” control. No assistance needed yet. That is what I thought I heard, but the radio signal was pretty broken.

Derry yelled down from the turret. “LOOK AT THE FIELD TO YOUR LEFT!”

I looked through the view port and saw a zombie force so vast ... it was hard to describe … it was a great sea of zombies!! They were all headed to the winery. The undead creatures were headed south … but it was such a large group, it would not take long to turn into an attack from ALL sides on the winery.

It was such a huge army of zombies that I was overwhelmed. It is one thing to talk about thousands of attacking Zombies … but to actually see them almost made my heart stop. I could see them forming into columns. I could hear their foot stomping … I could also feel their hatred … and I could sense their purpose, their intelligence, their need for carnage! I know it sounds bat shit crazy. But I knew they were being controlled. Fire piles would not distract this army. They would only stop when everyone in the winery was DEAD!

“Warn the winery Derry … we going in NOW” I turned the APC off the road and plowed into the sea of Zombies. The crunching noise of the tracks grinding up the zombies made me feel good.

“Cassie … STOP THIS NOW … the winery needs us. We need to fight as a team. Get back on the main road!” Derry yelled at me.

“You are right …” I yelled back and turned back onto the main road and punched the accelerator. We arrived at the winery gate maybe a minute before the horde. The 25 mm chain gun of the Bradley aimed at the oncoming zombie army. Derry and I just held our breath and waited.
 
Ria

The kids took it as a game, a joke, but they worked quickly as soon as they understood what I wanted. Their bundles ended up like little bombs though. Much smaller than I had wanted, but Robert, Lola, two elder ladies and I made them half man-size.

"Stones! Or other heavy things we don't need," I suddenly had an idea. One of the ladies whispered something to the other while Robert and Lola looked around in the meeting room we had required for us. Robert shook his head.

"Nothing here, Ria."

"But we know something," the lady said, "it will just take us a minute to get it and two or three kids. Who is coming?" Not a second later they left, leaving behind some disappointed kids who also had wanted a change and it didn't take us long to get them back to work.

Troy came in, looked into one of the buckets the kids were filling and seemed pleased with the 'bombs'. The words streaming out off the Walkie put a tense look on his face.

"Guess that idea will fall into the next time category. Let's hope we are ready." He sighed and left. I hoped we would be ready too, but certainly wasn't ready to abandon this project for the time being. The kids and Lola though I sent with Mrs Bradley to the safe place inside the castle in the keep where the family lived.

Luckily the builder had tried to stay as close to an original medieval castle as possible, and the keep was only assessable through one big, broad, sturdy metal door -which normally stood open all the time- and only if someone was already inside the castle. John and a few elderly men would defend the castle gate as long as they could, and then retreat inside the keep. We others would defend the rest of the complex. And hope the people at the castle gate wouldn't have to lift a hand.

My hands busy wrapping a vine around a bundle, my mind wandered. Troy and I and a few others had to have a meeting soon, too many plans were developing simultaneously without us knowing exactly what the others were planning and doing. I knew Norah had been working on electrifying the ring Troy had made around the complex, but I didn't know how far she had come in the last day, because it wasn't a high priority project yesterday, and i didn't know if Troy knew what she was planning.

The ladies and the three boys came back. Each of them carrying many logs of firewood. My face lighted up.

"Great! Now just take an other vine and attach a log to a big bundle so that one can take the log and throw the bundle firstly further, and secondly so that the vine between bundle and log will wrap itself around a zombie."

The seven of us kept working as fast as we could, until we had made most of the bundles into some kind of bolas.

"Get the kids and yourself inside the keep, ladies," Robert announced. "Ria and I will get the bundles outside."

One of the ladies shook her head.

"We'll help you. It is safe enough still. Lots of time for us to get inside when these things are on the flatbed of a truck. That is still where you want them?" She looked wonderingly at me.

I nodded and took as many of the big bundles in my arms as I could and limped through the door.

"Darn! My machetes! I forgot them in my room!" Slightly panicked and very much annoyed at myself I looked around. Someone came running by. Scotty.

"Do you know where my room is, Scotty? Yes? Great. Go and get my machetes for me, bring them to the car park, please."

About ten minutes later the truck was loaded, my machetes were slung over my shoulders, Scotty was escorting the ladies and the kids to the keep (and I didn't doubt he would slip inside as well), Robert sat behind the wheel and I sat on a stack of bundles on the truck bed.

The sounds coming from the outer defense line weren't good.

I knocked on the rear window and nodded to Robert's grim face. He closed his eyes a moment and started the engine.

We would follow the bare line of ground inside the border. Very slowly as soon as we reached the point where the most zombies cluttered to give me enough time to throw burning bundles as far into the mass as I could. I hoped the burning zombies would carry the fire backwards, thus lightening the pressure on the fence.
 
Last edited:
Derry and Cassie

It felt good to have saved that family, I waved at them as Cassie honked the backup horn. Now that they were safe for the time being, we turned around and headed towards the winery. Cassie put peddle to the metal, making a pretty rough ride for the both of us, all I could do was hang on to my seat. As we rode along we listened to Washington and Sky concerning another big zombie force, but as it seemed to be under control. I shouted to Cassie,

"Let's keep going, I have a bad feeling about the winery, the sooner we get there the better."

Not long after that as I glanced around I saw our worst nightmare to our left. I yelled down at Cassie,

“LOOK AT THE FIELD TO YOUR LEFT!”

To our horror we could see untold numbers of zombies, I couldn't believe my eyes, both Cassie and I were stunned speechless. Cassie came out of it first and shouted,

“Warn the winery Derry … we're going in NOW”

As usual she let her emotions take over, I yelled for her to get back on the road. She nodded her head that I was right. Once back on the road,we ploughed through those suckers like wheat. I radioed that we were coming in hot! We rolled over a goodly number of Zombies as we made our way to the gate. But it was a small amount when you looked around. In no time we arrived at the winery gate with the horde right behind us. We waited for the 25 mm chain gun of the Bradley that was aimed at the oncoming zombie army to start mowing them down.

For the first time I wondered if we were going to survive. I quickly left the turret and moved beside my dear friend,

"Cassie if we don't survive I want you to know what a wonderful friend you have been to me. I really mean it, you have given me some crazy fun times. That being said, let's kick some Zombie butt!"

I gave her a brief hug turned and made my way back to the turret....we now waited
 
Last edited:
Troy

I had been running around the defences making sure everyone had enough ammunition, fire bombs, arrows and what knot. I had gone up to the turrets to see the situation for myself and had seen the sea of Zombies surrounding them. "Holy Fuck. This is not natural. Something has definitely changed in their brains or something. Either their still mutating, or for some reason they have all started to obey something, because this looks exactly like an army. Look at the way they are marching together. They are not walking they are marching. We are in even more trouble than we thought."

Rushing back downstairs I got onto the walky. "Okay all groups, this is Troy. Don't expect the Molotovs to be as effective as they usually are. These Zombies probably will not gather and stop at the scene of any fires. Use them to cause maximum damage instead. Packed Zombies are a good target."

I rushed back up to the room the kids had been in and found the bucket of small vines they had made. These would actually come in very handy now. I took them to the second story windows and began to hand them out. "Use these into packed groups as well. Light the fuse and throw as hard as you can. Pour water on your hand first so it doesn't stick to you though."

Rushing back to the front of the building I looked out and saw a truck making a pass along the small road throwing out burning logs. I looked closer wondering what they were doing and then saw the vines attached to them. Very clever Ria. The first to walk on them would spread them through the ranks. And if they burnt long enough it could be picked up by those behind as well. I just hoped they could make it back inside. Then I heard the M60 and the twin linked 25mm start firing as it made it's way towards the gate. Well looks like Derry and Cassie had made it back I thought. I would rip them a new one later, for now I was just glad that it looked like Ria and whoever was driving looked like they would make it back.

I watched as their efforts took hold. Zombies marched straight into the logs and went up in flames dragging them with them and fling them around setting the next couple of ranks beside them alight as well. I was right though As the others did not stop though and kept coming. This was actually better for us as they bumped into the now slower moving Zombies and set themselves alight. Soon their were numerous raging bonfires slowly moving towards us. Perhaps we could make it out of this if we played our cards right.
 
Thea … Goddess of the Zombies!

“I can see their screams … it is a bright purple color. Time for them to die … Yes more purple … I want to see MORE PURPLE!!” Thea screamed to herself as she walked toward the PeaceHealth Medical Group/Center. Her second wave of zombies slowly assembling. The first wave she had sent in would most likely kill all the humans on the farms and in that winery. It would take a day or two … but if not … her second wave would be ready.

She just loved to feed her zombie children. Find humans' hiding spots and send in her army. The end was the best part … to watch her children consume the tried and defenseless humans. Yummy. The bright purple color coming from the humans as they screamed in death. YUMMY.

Gya and Derry

The size of the attack was massive … like a huge rock concert sized crowd. Thousands upon thousands of zombies. There was nothing we could do. No matter how many Derry killed … there were more. Then the gun stopped firing.

“KEEP FIRING!” I yelled up to Derry in the turret.

“I CAN’T!!” Derry yelled back “LOOK AT THE GUNS!”

The 25mm chain guns were glowing cherry red from firing.

“SHIT … OK … SWITCH TO THE MISSILES!!” I screamed back.

“NO … I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE CONFINES THE PERIMETER!” Derrry yelled back.

“FUCK THIS!! RADIO RIA OR TROY OR SCOTTY OR WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE … WE ARE BREAKING RANKS …” I yelled at Derry. I fired up the engine of the Bradley and started driving back and forth … running over the fuckers. As I rolled forward and crushed the zombies under my treads. Their heads popped like grapes underneath the girth of the vehicle.

But the zombies were coming in from all sides. The fire logs stopped them for a while … but in many other spots along the line more zombies were approaching and the dead ones got so thick it put out the flames. The zombies stepped on top of their slain companions and enter the perimeter.

I heard Derry voice over the radio "THEY'RE INSIDE THE PERIMETER!"

I saw a zombie start to crash one of the defenders … I think it was Robert. But could not tell from the smoke. The zombie scrambled fast and got him … taking a bite out of his thigh. There was a shriek as the teeth ripped into Robert’s flesh before the zombie’s head was blown off its body. It was a great shot from the roof top ... but not fast enough, Someone was hurt. I saw someone grab the wound comrade and drag him to the castle. More zombies were spilled in, the rifles on the roof continued to shoot but there was too many.

I flipped the Bradley in reverse and roared into the perimeter going backwards. The mob of zombies inside the perimeter was flattened as i drove backward for affect. And then I slammed the APC in forward and smashed any zombies that came through the opening in the front gate caused by my departure.

“WE CAN’T KEEP THIS UP … ASK PREMISSION USE THE APC TO DRAW THEM OFF … I’LL BE THE BAIT … I’LL OPEN THE DRIVER’S HATCH AND SHOW MY FACE. THAT MIGHT DO IT! WE HAVE TRY SOMETHING ELSE THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM!

Derry radioed Troy and we waited for a response.
 
Daniel

"What's happening at the Winery?" I asked anxiously. I had started lacing a few moments after I had made my decision, and was second guessing. Was it right to let them die? They were my comrades, my group members. They trusted me. But then I remembered how they had stood by as Deacon humiliated me, and assaulted me. And how Cassie had betrayed me on every level.

The zombies are beginning to overwhelm them. They will most likely die within the night, the Voice informed me. He was sitting down on a chair, smiling as I paced. He seemed rather pleased with my decision, but at the same time he seemed like he wasn't there, like his mind was somewhere else completely.

After I thought for I moment, I made yet another life-changing decision. "I don't want everyone to die. Not all of them wronged me, and I can forgive those who have. I just want Cassie. I can't forgive her for what she did. Can you somehow tell them to hand over Cassie, and they will be left alone? You do have that sort of control over the zombies, right?" I asked the Voice. He didn't answer for a moment, then he seemed to snap out of a trance.

Hmm? Oh, yes, will do. I can't make the zombies talk, due to their vocal cords have long been destroyed, but I can make an infected human speak, for a short period of time. But first I need to speak to someone else, he said, before going back into a trance. He was muttering to himself, and I could her snippets of what he said.

I have a plan... Hold them off... Meet someone like you... Her life ensures their... More purple later... Promise, deal?... he muttered, the "conversation" lasting little more than a minute. Then he left his dream-like state and turned to me, a smile on his face.

I'll tell the folks at the winery to hand Cassie over, speaking through a wounded man of theirs. I'll access his memories so I can know who is in charge. Then I'll tell them to hand over Cassie, or everyone will die. And I will promise she won't be killed, so you can have your sweet revenge face to face. And I will not reveal your involvement in any of this, so she will know what it feels like to be betrayed by someone close to her, he explained to me. I nodded my consent, and he once more entered the trance.
 
Ria

After what seemed an age of swinging logs -attached to burning vine-bundles in my hands- over my head to let them fly as far away into the incoming zombie-herd Robert couldn't start the truck again after he had killed the engine when he had to move back and forth over some zombies.

They had ruined our fence in several places.

"Out!" he yelled. "You run as fast as you can, I'll hold them away from you. Go, Ria!"

Indecisive I stood on the flatbed a moment, hacking at some zombies who tried to grab me with my machetes. I wouldn't survive, if I stayed here.

Lee came running towards us.

"Go, go go!"

I lowered myself from the truck, and pulled at the door handle on Robert's side. He was leaning out off the other window, shooting stones as fast and as hard as he could.

Lots of zombies went down, but others just walked or climbed over them.

Lee pulled at my arm.

"Go!" he screamed in my ear. "Robert and I will guard your back!"

Stumbling I ran towards the Bradley. It seemed closer than the buildings. And Cassie and Derry where inside it. Around me yelling and screaming people, bullets flew over my head, the Bradley was shooting, zombies growled and dogs barked.

And hen the Bradley started to roll away from me. I cursed under my breath. I wouldn't make it back to the castle. My ankle hurt like hell. Behind and at my left side, I saw Robert fall, a zombie at his back. Seconds later the zombies head exploded, Lee closed in on Robert right when I started to run towards him.

Lee shoved his shoulder under Robert's armpit and heaved him up, right in the moment when I arrived at Robert's other side. Together we walked, stumbled in a strange kind of three-legged race towards the castle.

We had get over the moat. It seemed broad from afar, but the closer we came, the smaller it looked. Suddenly Lee started pulling us to the left.

"The bridge!" He hissed. "We have to make it over the bridge!"

"I know! Tell me something new!" I couldn't believe I snarled at him. I was feeling almost puberal for days, and every day which passed it got more difficult to control myself. I stabbed a zombie in its stomach. Walking on I pulled the blade out while twisting it and dragged some zombie intestines into the open air.

"Shi-it!" Lee hissed, stopping in his tracks and turning around. I folllowed his gaze, and saw zombies jump into the air and land in a heap, small smoke plumes rising up from them. It happened quite far behind us, where the fence had been. Over what seemed around hundred meters of fence several zombies got catapulted into the air per second.

"What?" stammered Robert.

I shook my head.

"It seems as if they are electrocuted," Lee observed.

A primitive yell of victory rose from deep in my throat.

"They are! Norah did it! She managed to put power on the fence!"

The three of us looked at each other and back at the fence, just admiring what was happening. Zombies trying to climb over smoldering ones got catapulted in the air as soon as they touched them.

"Well, as long as there is power on this stretch, this part is safe. Lets clean up around us. Ria, you stay close to Robert and I'll work around you two. But first that dammed leg of yours needs a bandage."

In both my hands a machete again, I guarded Lee and Robert while Lee put a bandage on a gaping wound in Robert's thigh while Robert shot bolts and stones from his slingshot.

I stabbed a zombie or five, killed two while the others lost streams of green blood. As soon as they were empty, they would fall down too. Luckily zombies reacted just like humans too severe wounds and blood loss except they didn't seem to register they had been wounded at all until they dropped down dead.

"Over there", I pointed with my machete. "They are breaking down a new part of the fence."

"Too far away for us." Lee shook his head as I started to move towards the still standing fence around three hundreds meters away. With a sigh I turned back to him, just in time to kick a zombie which had sneaked up to him away.

"Duh." Lee and I looked at Robert.

"That is strange," he panted. "Did you two have that as well, when you got bitten?"

"What?"

"There is somebody in my head," Robert stated matter of factly.

"Huh?" was all what Lee and I managed now.

"Yeah. He wants me to tell you something, Ria."

"Sing him a fucking song!" Lee yelled.

A grin on my face, I looked around us. An ice-cold shiver ran down my spine. Ten zombies were standing around us. Their backs towards us. And they were keeping other zombies from entering the circle they had formed around us.

Lee's gaze had followed mine and his hands stopped moving. The bandage around Robert's leg was finished, the bleeding had stopped. But that wasn't why Lee had stopped moving. Robert's face had changed. His breathing too. His face was empty. He stared into nothingness, and his breath was very laboring.

"So you are Ria" a strange voice, coming out off Robert's mouth. "Nice to see you."

"I have killed a few zombies that had been friends when they were alive," I informed the voice. "It wouldn't bother me much to do it again."

"So fierce for an elderly lady," the voice chuckled. "But wait! You aren't as old as Robert knows you are. The virus is working in you. But not in the way which will make you my child, I am afraid."

Lee had been searching in a pocket, and now his hand came out off it with a syringe in it. Questingly he looked at me. A very slight move of my head told him to wait.

"In what way then?" I wanted to know.

"It will just make you healthier. Kind of younger, for a long while. You too", it then told Lee. My chin dropped. "Sadly it means you won't be a part of the new race. Like a few of your former friends already are, which means they will have to fight you. More and more people won't turn into zombies, dear as they are to me, but into my true children, who in turn are fathers and mothers to the zombies. And this one, Robert, hm, not yet I can see what he will be. A strong mind he has. Very determined he is."

"Stop yodaing" I snarled. "What do you want?"

The voice chuckled.

"This one likes Master Yoda, and is thinking Yedi-tricks." A while it was still. The zombies still formed a circle around us, but no other zombies were trying to break through it. Ten zombies. One fell, his head exploding as it touched the ground. The voice hissed angrily.

"Tell them to stop. Otherwise ..."

I fished my phone out off my pocket. Pressed the quick-dial for Troy. I wanted to know more.

"Troy, please tell the ones shooting at our 'escort' to not do so just now.

Again: What do you want?" I kept the phone open.

"It is a female I want, called Cassie. Hand her over and you will be spared," the voice announced.

"For how long?" Lee wanted to know.

"For how long? For ever. And spared you will be until I can't spare you any longer, or until you kill too many of my children. You have five minutes to decide."

Robert fell limp on the ground. His head thudded on the cobblestones. After a second he moaned softly and cursed loudly.

"That was really weird. Thinking and yelling at that sucker in my head, wanting to tell you to not believe him because he has no intention of keeping his promise, and he wants to hand Cassie over to someone else as a prize!" Robert rubbed his head. "He tried to move my body. He smelled with my nose, and looked out off my eyes. But he couldn't move my fingers. Nor my eyes, unless I moved them for him. Sorry, Ria."

"Don't be sorry." I knelt down beside Robert and put my hand on his shoulder. "I feel sorry for you. Four minutes," I announced in my phone and at Robert and Lee. Lee nodded, and Robert worked himself up into a sitting position again.
 
Last edited:
Vince

The fight went well. I estimated the attack force was around five, maybe six hundred 'souls' strong. I had kept myself and Leo out off one of the towers, telling Troy we would be of much better use as "jumpers" than when stationed at a post.

The boy did well, had been in the military long enough to be able to lead a group and improvise, he had been a policeman long enough to be spontaneous, he could think quick and he had dogs.

It seemed as if the zombies would overrun us, but just in time several things happened to give us time to fight them off: the Bradley arrived and shot a hundred. Ria and Robert slowed the attackers in front of the restaurant down considerable, but got blocked at the height of the castle. The Bradley plowed broad paths in the zombies who had made it over the fence. Norah managed to set power upon a hundred meters of fence. Leo and I shot enough zombies far in the back of the crowd to feel good.

For some people it might look as if we were losing, but we weren't. We would have lots of damage, and lots of work to repair it. For which we needed time. Time we also needed to get in more supplies. But we wouldn't just repair, we would re-enforce. Which would make us stronger.

Thus my mind wandered, planning and organizing, when Leo's voice woke me up out off the monotony of selecting a target and shooting while Leo kept guard. Once in a while we had changed our positions and tasks, and we were doing fine. The zombies wouldn't turn away, we would have to kill them all, but it was manageable.

"Look there," Leo pointed to a cluster of zombies inside the fence, about fifty meters from the drawbridge. "Ria, Lee and Robert are inside it. Robert is wounded. They had cleared a space and Lee started to dress Robert's wound when the zombies closed in on them. Ria did away with five or six, and they others kept their distance."

"Which in itself should have alarmed Ria." I said bitterly. I had grown towards her. A lot, actually. I really liked that girl. "What are those zombies waiting for? Why didn't you shoot them off and why didn't you call me?"

"They aren't attacking them. They keep other zombies away from them."

I sighed warily.

"Lets see if they'll keep us away from them too."

Slowly we moved over to the group, knocking out three zombies with the butts of our riffles. The zombies close by the circle ignored us. We didn't ignore them.

"Stop yodaing" Ria snarled. "What do you want?"

A strange voice chuckled.

"This one likes Master Yoda, and is thinking Yedi-tricks." Who the heck was that? The voice had something familiar.

"Is that one of the King's? I asked Leo. He shrugged his shoulders.

"No idea."

One zombie got a hit in the head and fell. The voice hissed angrily.

"Tell them to stop. Otherwise ..."

Now we were close enough to have a good view of what was going in inside the circle. Robert was sitting on the ground, Lee knelt in front of him and Ria stood half beside them, leaning heavenly on her good leg. She had her phone in her hand. I took mine out and dialed Hunter.

"Where are you?"

Grumbling and hissing Hunter told me they were on the road, had the bus with non-combatants at a safe place with some guards around it and that twenty-one heavy armed fighters were closing in on a group of zombies.

"Troy, please tell the ones shooting at our 'escort' to not do so just now," I heard Ria ask. And then she barked at Robert.

Again: What do you want?"

"It is a female I want, called Cassie. Hand her over and you will be spared," the voice announced.

"What?" Hunter, Leo and I snarled, wondered and dumbfounded. I knelt down, to get an even better view.

"For how long?" Lee wanted to know.

"For how long? For ever," the voice said self-assured. "And spared you will be until I can't spare you any longer, or until you kill too many of my children. You have five minutes to decide."

Robert fell limp on the ground. His head thudded on the cobblestones. After a second he moaned softly and cursed loudly.

"That was really weird. Thinking and yelling at that sucker in my head, wanting to tell you to not believe him because he has no intention of keeping his promise, and he wants to hand Cassie over to someone else as a prize!" Robert rubbed his head. "He tried to move my body. He smelled with my nose, and looked out off my eyes. But he couldn't move my fingers. Nor my eyes, unless I moved them for him. Sorry, Ria."

"Don't be sorry." She knelt down beside Robert and put her hand on his shoulder. "I feel sorry for you. Four minutes," she announced to Troy and at Robert and Lee. Lee nodded, and Robert worked himself up into a sitting position again.

"Ria!" I hissed. "What the heck?"

Out off Ria's phone Troy's voice was asking what was going on and that he needed time.

"We all need time, son," I soothed.

"Lets try something," she whispered into Lee's and Robert's ears. They got on their feet, Lee supporting Robert. "Stay put." She nodded at us and slowly they moved towards us.

"Time is up," Robert stammered.

"Nope. We can't decide that without taking a vote, and we can't take a vote without having all our people together, which is impossible as long as we have to fight because you keep attacking us. Four hours of ceasefire. And then we'll tell you what we decided. And from now on you'll use a phone and keep out off my people's heads!"

That girl was one of a kind. Although I had know a few of her kind. My wife had been one too, and some of my girlfriends. Gentle ladies, until something gross crossed their paths.

When they had bumped into the backs of two zombies, the circle had started moving with them and now had also enclosed Leo and myself.

"Just for the record, you fucking asshole, I am going to knock Robert out now, so you better get a phone in your hands." Lee. Who else.

"Did you give him your number, Ria?" Leo asked unsure if he should open his mouth at all.

"I am sure he picked it out off Robert's brain," she said with a wry smile as Robert's head dropped. Lee must have had something strong in the syringe he pulled from Robert's arm now. It only had taken a second or two to start working.

We kept moving, Leo and I now carrying Robert. At the moat, we moved to the bridge, nine zombies around us.

"Don't bring them inside," Troy yelled so hard in his phone, I could understand him easily.

"Of course not!" Ria sounded (and looked) annoyed.

"That's two each then, and the quickest gets a third." I grinned at her. She grinned back, and took her machetes out off their sheaths.

The zombies started to move away from us.
 
Daniel

"Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!!!!" I shouted, kicking over a chair and table. Why did they have to be so infuriating! "How long do we have to wait?!?! Until they have finished their little vote?" I asked the Voice angrily. Contrary to my anger, the Voice was calm and collected.

They told me four hours of ceasefire to vote, and then they will inform me of their decision, he told me yet again. Although I do agree with you. They are rather infuriating. As well as having to deal with your anger, I must deal with your sister's thirst for blood, due to their need for democracy, the Voice grumbled. I halted my rampage upon the word "sister".

"Voice, I don't have a sister, at leats not her in Eugene. What do you mean by 'sister'? Tell me what you mean!" I screamed, grabbing the arms of their chair he was sitting in. I was venting my anger out on the voice, and although I didn't want to attack him, I couldn't control myself.

No need to be violent, Daniel! I'll explain! he told me. After a moment of collecting my calm, I backed away from the chair, and he stood, dusting himself off. Do you remember when your group first attempted to venture outside, and one of your members, a girl named Thea, went crazy and ran off? Voice asked me. I nodded, remembering Thea. But she was dead. Why was she being brought up? I began to angrily approach him.

Let me explain! The reason she is relelvant is because she, like you, has me in her head. She is your sister, and you are her brother. You are alike, you share blood, your very DNA matches her's more than it would if you had a "regular human" sister, he told me, speaking the last few words with contempt. That's when it dawned on me; he was absolutely right. I could feel the presence of someone like me in Eugene. She was the one who had gathered the massive horde of zombies together, and was commanding them to attack all humans. She was the one the Voice constantly entered a trance to speak to.

And then I realized that she truly was my sister. And the Voice was like our guardian, our caretaker. Or, to be consistent with the idea of family, like an older brother to us both. And at that moment, with that realization, my powers were awakened. I felt the energy surge through me, and I knew I was like my sister now. I was a god, capable of contorlling the undead and commanding them to do my will.

The Voice looked at me and grinned. He, too, felt the surge of power through me, and knew what it meant for me. Once the rush of energy had finished, I turned to face him. The Voice was no longer a stranger; he was family.

"Brother, I have an idea to hurry up their decision. We need to call them." I said. My brother looked at me, eager to hear my plan. He appeared to be happy I had reached my true potential, and had finally had the epiphany that would complete my fragmented and brainwashed mind.

"We need to call them, and make it look like you have me as a captive, and that if they do not hand Cassandra over, I will be killed. It will act as extra motivation for them to give her to us," I explained. He nodded at my idea, loving the ruthlessness and lies woven through it.

I will need to enter your body, as I have no voice of my own.Once I enter your body, brother, I will call them if they refuse to comply and tell them you are my hostage. I will speak through the voice they heard through their friend, and when I need to, will use your voice. I will access your memories to make it sound convincing. The plan will work, brother, and we shall have our revenge against that whore Cassandra!
 
Last edited:
Cassie is clueless

Ok ... I’ll bet you … you don’t remember the first entry I made in this crazy log/story. You don’t want to take that bet … do you … I knew it! Anyhow, go ahead and flip back to that first entry. Remember it now … it was about me listening to music and not knowing there was a zombie invasion going on. That is exactly how I felt right now. Totally and completely clueless!

I popped the hatch to the APC and climbed out. There were zombie guts and body parts all over that amazing vehicle. Derry and I had mowed down hundreds of those fuckers. Troy had given us permission to leave our spot at the main gate after our guns had overheated. He had told us not to be bait yet … So I drove around the perimeter at the highest rate of speed possible. Then on the second lap … all the zombies just stopped moving. They stood there like statues.

Well … that just made them easier to hit. I accelerated and giggled as their diseased bodies went flying all over the place. That was when Derry yelled at me to stop. I did not of coarse … She said it again … stating it was an order and if I did not stop people inside the perimeter were going to die.

Well that did it. I stop. We were ordered back to the castle and asked not to squish anymore zombies on the way. I had no clue what had happened. Anyhow, as I got out of the vehicle, there was Troy and Ria staring at me from the main door of the castle.

“Hey what is going on? Why are the zombies just standing around?” I asked climbing down from the vehicle. I must have seemed like some kind of clueless blonde bimbo. Here I was in my “rambina” outfit my eyes as wide as could be … with a really dumb expression on my face. Totally and completely clueless that somehow I was the cause of all this weirdness!
 
Last edited:
Ria

“Hey what is going on? Why are the zombies just standing around?”

I grinned at Cassie, her dumbfounded expression was just too good to not do it. She looked as if she was running down a list in her head, trying to figure out which of her impulsive actions brought Troy's and my "wrath" upon her this time, and what its relation with the not-moving zombies was.

My face grew sober quite soon though.

"Cassie, you better come inside with Troy and me. It seems someone has a great interest in you, and it it is not one of us, I am afraid. Derry, you and Vince organize a clean-up? You have three and a half hours to make some nice big piles along the fence and to get some food into your stomachs. Norah and Dan will rebuild as much of the fence as possible in the same time, with some other people."

My hand on Cassie's arm, leaning on her, I lead her to the smallest meeting room, where Peter and Maddy were already waiting for us.Maddy (I was sure she would have thought of it, Peter seemed to preoccupied with some papers in his hands to have spent a thought upon it) had put water and fruit juices on the table.

Sitting down I gulped half a bottle of orange juice down while putting my foot on a chair. I realized it made me sitting half turned away from the table, just as if wasn't interested at all in what was going on.

"Sorry, my ankle still hurts a bit," I leaned my elbow on the table, this way it was easier to turn my face towards them.

"We have learned a lot today. The four most important things: 1) There is an intelligence behind the zombies. 2) It gave us much more information than it realized. 3) The Napoleon virus works in different ways. 4) It promises us we will be safe, if we hand Cassie over to it."

I quickly shook my head, Cassie's chin had dropped to her chest and she was rising to her feet.

"Sit down, my dear. Of course we won't hand you over. You are one of us, and it isn't planning on keeping the promise, not for a long while at least.

That is one of the things we learned. Let me recollect a moment, please." I had to shout, to be heard over the questions coming at me from all sides. I sipped from my juice.

"Okay. 1) The entity was able to get into Robert's head to communicate with us. It gave Robert, and so us, much more information than it planned on. It wasn't able to steer Robert's body, not even his eyes, it kind of had to request Robert to look at me. So a person with a normal strong mind is no risk to us if the "It" takes possession of him or her. Possession might be the wrong word though.

Robert knows from Its thoughts It won't keep Its promise.

2) Napoleon. Turns you into a zombie. Or makes you sick. You'll survive and have some kind of immunity to other viruses and bacteria for a while, or you die. Or you get healthier without getting sick first. Like it probably happened to Cramer, Deacon and I. I feel much younger, fitter, stronger somehow than before the outbreak. I thought it was because I lost some weight, did more and heavier work than I did before, I thought I was getting snappy at people, more impatient than I normally am, because of the stress I was under the last weeks. But It told me different.

3) It controls the zombies, and also Its "True Children", as it calls them, in a way.

4) I think Vince has contact with Frank's street group. I might be they are behind the zombie force, planning to help us.
 
Last edited:
Troy

Troy had been listening to everything and a plan had been forming in his mind but it was still only in the pre emptive stage. He would need other peoples input he realized and it would all rely on Cassie.

She had to be willing to play bait for his plan to work and that was a tall order for anyone, especially a civilian. Well technically no one was a civilian anymore and Cassie seemed to have taken to the life of killing Zombies quite nicely, but there did come a point where Bravado stopped and training kicked in. This might just be one of those times.

Stepping forward towards the table he cast a worried eye towards them all. "Alright we now know what this person wants, but we don't know why. That worries me," he said frowning. "Look if this person has so much control over the Zombies he doesn't really need our consent does he? He could just send in wave after wave of attackers until they finally broke us and then Cassie would be his no matter what. So why the big song and dance of us having to turn her over?" He looked around at the gathered people and looked them square in the eyes. "It is so next time they asks for something we will find it easier to do, or is it somebody that Cassie has really pissed off in the past."

He let that sink in for a bit before continuing. "The only reason I said that last part is because we have no idea how this Virus is mutating right. Ria you just said you learned from it that there are now at least 2 classes. The regular Zombies and now the 'evolved' infected like yourself. People getting healthier, younger and stronger, who actually benefit from the virus. Maybe that's what it's original purpose was. Whatever though maybe there are people it has mutated even more in allowing them to control the Zombies. If so, who really hates Cassie enough to do this?"

"Still we need to come up with a plan. We did pretty well out there and we have yet to set the moat on fire. There are only about 200 Zombies left but I guarantee the voice will be calling up more. We still have a lot of Ammunition left but our supply of arrows is low. I have sent a couple of people out to collect any useable ones off the bodies and to gather up slingshot ammunition as well. We need to find out if there is another big force nearby and if not how to kill all the Zombies here quickly. Cassie the only way I see that happening is if you act as bait and we tell it we are going to hand you over. As far as I can tell it can only take over an infected persons mind so it needs to use it's Zombies out there. We can put you in a field and let him think he is getting you and spring a trap that way. I was thinking maybe something to do with electricity. You all saw how the fence affected them. Perhaps while we collect ammunition we can hose down the front and then create a current across it from the inner fence to the outer? Maybe a question to ask Norah about but that's all I have for the moment."

He looked at Cassie and smiled. He had just found her and now was asking her to basically do something suicidal. Yeah way to build up that relationship trust Troy he sighed in his head.
 
Ria

I let Troy's words sink in. My first reaction when he asked Cassie to be the bait for the trap he was planning was to send him to hell. I had to bite my teeth together so hard to not explode in curses I nearly couldn't relax my jaws again.

The rest made me think though.

"I think their are three classes of infected, the third consists of his "true children" as it calls them, the ones he controls." It still was difficult to talk to Troy in a normal manner. I surely wasn't in favor of his plan. "Couldn't someone put on Cassie's clothes? I for example? I too think it only wants to lull us into a false security by what it's 'promising' us. Talk to Vince, Troy. I told you I think he has contact with Hunter and Bart and I am almost positive I overheard him as he warned them about the zombies retreating. They might be able to tell if a second wave is forming close by. If not, if they are in the city and note strange action there, we have a day before a new wave arrives here.

Cassie, your clothes!"
 
Daniel

We waited for an hour before we decided to call. We wanted to let them consider there options, but at the same time rush them. I was eagerly awaiting the call; it would be the moment I tasted triumph as they chose to sacrifice a comrade rk save themselves, as they always did. Soon, Cassandra would feel the pain I felt when she abandoned me, and as soon as she gave in to the despair of her sacrifice, as soon as she was mine, I would show her what true betrayal felt like.

Are you ready, brother? the Voice asked me. I nodded eagerly, my excitement shown clearly on my face as I smiled. My mind was filled with thoughts of how I word torture Cassandra, and make her suffer. Perhaps I could start by forcing myself upon her, remind how this all started. Then I could pull out her nails, or slice her several times with my knife, keeping her just alive. Or perhaps…

My thoughts were cut short asy body was possessed by the Voice. It felt unlike anything I had ever felt before. To have my mind contain two consciousnesses at once. I felt completely at one with my brother. I had never felt closer to someone ever in my entire life. It was as if our very souls were intertwined. We were, in every sense, one and the same now.

I allowed my brother to take control of my being, allowing him to use my body. He reached for the cell phone in my pocket, and looked through my contacts. We called Ria, and hearing the phone ring as we waited for her to pick up. After a few moments of ringing, the phone clicked as Ria answered. "Daniel?" she asked, no doubt surprised that I had called.

"Have you made a decision?" I asked, my voice no longer my own, but my brother's. It was exhilarating, this feeling of total submission to a superior force. I felt free now. No longer needing to decide. It felt amazing to know my older brother was in control and keeping me safe from harm.

After there was a lengthy pause on the other end, I spoke once more. "I have some, incentive, for you to speed along your decision." My brother then made it sound like he was pressing the phone up to my face, as if I was tied up. I suddenly began to sob uncontrollably, and I felt pain all over my body, as if I had been badly beaten. "Ria, is that you?" I cried, my sobs and shudders punctuating my speech.

I heard a gasp on the other end and I continued to speak. "Listen Ria, don't do it! Don't give in to the demands!Don't do i-" I cried, before the phone was wrenched from me and then put back to my face. "Now here's the deal. I'd you refuse me, Danny boy here dies a slow, painful death. If you hand over Cassandra, I promise both will live. They will stay with me, of course, but they will be alive and well. So now you must decide. Will you abandon Daniel and let him die, or hand over Cassandra and allow them both to live? The decision is yours." My brother hung up soon after, and exited my consciousness.
 
Trojan ... like in horse not condom

Ok this whole situation was getting bad and super weird! Some uber powerful zombie thing was making the zombies stand still. Why? It was just bizarre. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open until Ria said the zombie thing want me! and it would leave everyone else alone … I was about fly out of my chair, when Ria told me to sit down … it was not going to happen.

Troy asked me if anyone hated me. That got me thinking … who hated me? I mean hated me enough to ask for me personally? I was thinking so hard about that I really did not pay too much attention to what else was being said … I did hear the word “bait” used … and then suddenly Ria was shout for my clothes.

“Wait … you want me to get naked? Right now? Don’t you think we have bigger problems? Someone out there hates me!” I said back to her. I knew right away it was the wrong thing to say … she looked like she was pretty frustrated with me for not following the discussion. But Peter jumped in and rescued me.

“Cassie … pay attention … someone wants only you. It seems like a personal vendetta.” Peter explained.

“Peter … everyone loves me … I just a lovable person, I enjoy life. I’m playful and happy, and almost nothing gets me down for long.” I said.

Almost everyone in the room coughed or looked away or made a grumbling noise.

“WHAT?” I said standing up demanding an answer to my question with my body language.

“You are also a bit immature … you act without thinking … the word reckless comes to mind … you blew up the library remember … ran off with the APC … shall I continue?” Peter said calmly.

I sat back down and the room was quiet for a moment.

“Well … I was pretty mean to Bobby Johnson in third grade … he might hate me. A few of the customers at the silver dollar strip club, who were a bit too grabby, if you know what I mean, might be angry at me. I had them thrown out. Then there is you, Peter … you have been trying to get me killed for a while now. Remember that whole bicycle – hoard thing” I said.

Peter shook his head; he was smart enough not to respond to my verbal jab. “I’m not sure we can figure this out by looking at who hates you. Ria and Troy both have come up with an idea. If we pretend to hand you over to the zombies, they will take you to this leader … then if we spring a trap. We get rid of this “controlling zombie” person forever.” Peter explained.

“So this is kind of like the Trojan horse story?” I said.

Peter nodded “In fact that is a good idea … we deliver you to the “controlling zombie” via the Bradley, maybe with the main gun plugged or pointed up. Then when you are about to step out of the vehicle, our best fighters like Deacon, Cramer, Troy and Ria are hidden inside … and they take out the bad guy. Everyone escapes in the APC.” Peter suggested. All of a sudden, Ria’s cell phone rang. All I could think about at that moment was ... how did trojan condoms get their name?
 
Last edited:
Jerry

Hairy? Fuck yes. Impossible? Hell no.

Jerry stood among the bodies of the now finally dead zombies. He was down to three clips for the Colt 1911 .45 and six clips for the Glock 19 in the hip holster on his hip. He still had the chainsaw, machettes and big assed Bowie. He would have been fine for a while longer. He holstered the Colt, the ammo drop had been done and he had to get there, re-arm and make sure that everything was secure. He burned to go help, but he knew he had to remain at his post.

Reports had come in though about a Bradley APC coming to the rescue of one farm, the Robson's, they declared that a red haired Valkyrie came singing into the fray as she fired the twin guns of the Bradley. The blonde sounded a lot like that delicious Cassandra, so it seemed like his guests had a hand in saving some of his own people. That always boded good, Jerry popped the business end of a cigar into his mouth and fired the end up. He got into the Jeep and drove off to gather his ammo, if things did simmer down, he would have loads of time to reload all those shells in the house.
 
Ria

Barely an hour had passed since the cease-fire when my phone buzzed. My mind still wondering if Cassie's was refusing to take the threat against her serious, or if shock prevented her to take it serious, I picked it up from the table.

To my big surprise it was Daniel. Quickly I put him on loudspeaker. It was Daniel's voice, but with a strange, kind of faraway tone I had just heard in Robert's voice too. Even when he pleaded us to not hand Cassie over, it wasn't truly him. Something was off about the wailings.

Afterwards we just looked at each other.

"Trojan horse," I said pensively, "it has something. What if we tell the entity we don't trust his command of the zombies enough to put Cassie in their 'guard'? What if we tell him she will drive a truck? Very slowly, so that he can surround it by zombies. We, Cramer, Troy,TD and I hide behind the seat and in the back. With extra weapons for Cassie. I suppose Deacon is still somewhere in the city, Peter, I haven't heard from him since we parted. What if we contact him, and Hunter, and Bart, and ask if they could follow the truck as soon as we enter the city?"
 
I looked around the group and realized that a decision had been made. W were going for the Trojan horse scenario. My only problem with that was it might work on the zombies but the person controlling them had probably read the same history books we had too and would be waiting for a trick like that. Perhaps a second line of defense was in order as well.

"Okay I know I originally came up with the plan to use Cassie as bait, and I still think that is our best idea sorry Cassie, but what you guys are proposing is a little obvious. I don't know who this Daniel guy is, but I am pretty sure he would know the story of the Trojan horse, and this other entity sounds pretty cluey as well. I am not saying it won't work just that we should consider that they might be ready for it."

"They say they want Cassie but where exactly are they and how are they going to get her to them. Is she just going to be possesed and expected to walk to wherever they are or what? Obviously she can refuse to do that like Richard did. He said he had to do all the moving as long as he fought the entity it could not make him do anything, so what does he expect us to do? Is he going to have his zombies carry her to him. I don't think that will work because we will definitely arm her and she can just blow, or chop their heads off once she has left the compound and I am sure they would have been instructed not to harm her."

"I think the best plan would be to offer to drive her wherever she needs to go, and only have two people in the vehicle. A driver armed to the teeth and a hidden passenger. Other members can shadow them on the quad bikes and motorcycles, far enough back and too the sides so they are not spotted but close enough to swoop in and hide when they got to wherever they are going. An open walky talky will allow everyone to hear what is going on inside Cassies vehicle at all times"
 
Back
Top