Vacation for Daddy and His Little Girl (Closed)

garajd

I will satisfy you!!
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Posts
9,767
Brad Gordon (BG to his friends), 50, looked out the window of his home office to see his daughter pull into the driveway . . . home from college for the summer. He had promised her a vacation trip up to his lake cabin when she finished her senior year of college, a much needed break before heading back for grad school.

The two of them were very close . . . probably closer than most dad's and their daughters . . . and they were both looking forward to this time together. Little did Brad realize how close they would become before the summer was over.

Setting his coffee cup back on his desk, he headed for the back door and onto the deck just as she put the car in Park and ran toward the house to wrap her arms around her dad.

Few words were spoken, or needed, right now. "Hi, baby. How's my little girl?"
 
Driving back home, I think on my graduation. I understand why Dad didn't come to the celebration. Carol, my mother, had been there with Todd - the man she'd left us for and eventually married. Mom made a big deal about her being there; but where had she been these last nine years?

I suppose I had abandonment issues and Dad undoubtedly had problems with Carol's infidelity. We became closer than most daughters and fathers I know and while I really would have liked for Dad to have been there; I supposed we'd have a good deal of time together on the vacation this summer.

I tried to get Dad to move on, to become involved with another woman; but, he refused once saying that I was the only woman he needed in his life. I eventually accepted that he wasn't interested in becoming romantically involved with women. He'd been hurt and wasn't ready - even after all this time to let someone else in.

I thought on how our hugs and kisses had lengthened over the last four years. I'd even slipped him a little tongue last time. He'd quickly broken off the kiss. He'd given me a look but hadn't given me a tongue-lashing over the inappropriateness of my behavior.

I thought on the plans I had for this summer. I hoped they'd come to fruition but was determined to make this summer a memorable one for the both of us.

I pulled up the drive and parked my car then headed for the deck. Dad welcomed me home with a long hug and kiss.

"Hi, baby. How's my little girl?" he asked me.

"I'm good Dad. Kinda wish it had been you and not Mom at my graduation but you're here now," I said. "You'll just have to make it up to me this summer."
 
As has happened the last few times Kim has come home for a quick break from school, the hugs and kisses (upon arrival and departure) have become a 'bit' longer and more intimate. My mind keeps telling me it is because we have become so close because of her mother's leaving both of us for someone else . . . how deeply betrayed we both felt and had made every effort to keep each other positive as the years moved on. And now . .. 9 years later . . .

As the kiss breaks, I lean back to look into your eyes . . . you really are the only woman in my life.

"I was just having another cup of coffee. How about something to drink here on the deck with your old man? Then we can get your car unloaded and up to your old room. We need to talk about your graduation trip to the cabin this summer."
 
"Sure thing, Dad," I replied to his offer of a beverage on the deck. I asked for him to make mine a V-8 Splash. Ever since I got the freshman 15, I've worked to get back into shape and then to maintain my figure and even tone up some.

I sat on one of the lawn chairs on the deck as my father went into the house to get his coffe and my juice. I closed my eyes and basked in the warm rays of the summer sun. I hoped this summer would be as wondrous as I hoped.

I opened my eyes and turned to the sliding door as I heard it open and Dad stepped out onto the deck with our drinks in hand.

"So, what about this summer vacation did you want to talk about?" I asked as I took my glass and sipped my juice.
 
"I'm ready to get away as soon as you are. I figure a couple of days here at home to get everything packed into my Land Rover . . . and then we're gone. You tell me when you need to get back to get ready for grad school. I've got the whole summer unscheduled, except for you."

Sitting back myself, giving you a chance to exhale and realize that you are home and it is just the two of us for the next 3 months or so.

"I didn't know if you had any friends . . . male or female . . . you might want to invite up to the cabin to spend some time. Or, if you are ready for a complete break from everything. I mean, do really want to spend all your time with your old man?"

I have already made one trip up to the cabin. The pontoon boat is ready for floating on the lake; the jet-ski's are ready to go; the grill has a full tank of fuel.

"We just need to make a stop at WalMart on the way to pick up whatever we need for the first few days in the fridge and pantry. I probably need a new pair of swim trunks (not ready to wear my speedo in front of Kim).'

"There's a list on the counter in the kitchen . . . just add anything you think we need to pick up."

Leaning over and rubbing you knee, "I'm really looking forward to this time, baby girl." My fingers probably linger a bit too long on your knee, even touching your inner thigh just above the knee before withdrawing my hand.
 
Back
Top