Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into a fight with a statue in Caesars, and woke up in the strangest place...
SDC11055.jpg

SDC11045.jpg
 
We have several War Memorials in our town. The largest is in the centre of our War Memorial Park.

Next week we will have junior school children (aged 7-10) planting bulbs in the Memorial Park, as they have done for several years, to commemorate those people from our town who have died in wars since 1914.

But we can't get anyone from the British Legion or the Ex-Servicemen's Club to attend. It will disappoint the children who expect at least one man, bearing a flag from the British Legion, to turn up as he has in previous years. That particular man will be away at a ceremony elsewhere, but out of several hundred drinking members of both organisations, no one else is 'available'.

I'll be there, as me, but the absence of any ex-servicemen is a real disappointment.

Update: They made it. Three representatives, including a flag bearer, turned up. The supporting adults outnumbered the eight children who enjoyed getting their hands dirty...

I hope that I am inconspicuous in the group photo. I seem to have my name in the local papers every week but there are many others working for our town who should be named. The difference is that I'll always talk to the local reporters and some regard them with deep suspicion.
 
Last edited:
My 11 month old grandson is a messy eater. Although we wipe up any food spills as they occur, I have just washed the kitchen floor and most of the mess was his.
 
I have been dozing off to sleep every few hours since I got to Las Vegas on Friday. I hope this doesn't persist when I get back to work on Monday.
 
I just found out someone famous is buying one of the houses we are building along the Jersey border looking over the NYC skyline. I'm not saying who just yet. Maybe if I get a pic with them :D
 


No shit, Sherlock !



...Maintaining a focused strategy also removes the layers of instability that typically arise when a company is in a conflicted position with its clients. It was fascinating to watch the congressional hearings as senior executives of big financial firms struggled to explain how they could act as both a market maker—a firm that sits in the middle to match buyers with sellers for the widest possible spread between bid and ask prices—and a fiduciary, a client’s advocate and representative. How does that work? At what point is a firm your friend and advisor, and at what point do you have to be on your guard? Do some people in the firm function as your advocate while others function to extract the best deal possible for the company? All sorts of rules, regulations, and internal controls exist to prevent such conflicts and abuses. But ultimately, these may become compromised when firms strive to harness synergies between the different businesses...



 
I was watching a bit of The Hustler with Paul Newman before, and I saw quite a bit of myself in Fast Eddie. I think I need to change those bits of myself...
 
I am tempted to go to the bar to watch the UFC main card tonight. I just don't know which of two bars to go to if either of them are showing it (they are 20 minutes from each other and me)...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top