the pack begins

The wolf ran faster now as the trail went downwards, graavity was helping her pace. Now another smell came to her flared nostrils.. lamb.. very young and not among the heavy mother smells.

Piza Ista turned to the left tracking the sweet smell of food. It was not too much ahead of her but more smells crosed the trail. Human.. another wolf like smell, but that was old. Another smell.. it reminded her of pain.. then she recognized it.. sticky pain maker.

Then raising her head she asw the culprit. Humans called it porcupine but she knew it better as pain maker. It was a creature she did not want to cross again, so the wolf veered back to the greener pasture. There she saw something more delicatible.. deer.

Drool was leaking over her jaw as she lowered down in the grass to watch as the long legs moved gracefully into the flats. Just a few more steps and she would have a well needed meal.
 
Chace hadnt moved or screamed when the girl ran at her knowing that fear would only excite the wolf in her more she was ready however to defend herself if necessary, and did however laugh when the wolf dropped the mole at her feet and bounded off down the trail away from her.

She caught Draco's scent on the wind as he approched and she nodded in agreement unable to resist teasing him a bit.. But ofcorse i will help you we defanatly wouldnt want your den found.. twas the first thing that came to mind.., but perhaps we should also track her down to be cirtin she doent accidently run into any actual humans.. she suggested the last a little more seariouly stated as she looked over at him.
 
More noises came from the flock the wolf came across, yes they were afraid of the wolf.

The wolf ducked down in the taller grass and crept closer. Stopping when the sheep began to move about like ready to run. Timing was on the wolf's side if she were patient. A young smell came to her nose and she switched to the left of the herd. Freshly born tasted best, the wolf was moving towards the kill.
 
aie lass im justly rebuked we will track her for her own good as well as me owen piece of mind
 
A few more inches was moved as the ears lifted at the new noises that came from her left. It seemed that a human was wandering nearby checking on the newly born lambs of the flock, this complicated things for the wolf.

Hunger demanded satisfaction as the scent of blood was strong. Now she was faced with a new problem, the human was blocking the path to the meal she tracked.
 
Chace nodded and knowing it would be faster to travle in her hawk form rather than her human one especally if she was to keep up with a wolf.. She stripped her clothing leaving it on a near by rock where she could easly find them and changed her shape.. the ring on her finger turning into what looked like a band around her leg.. the sword she had been given in its sheath now visiable she carried in her tallons as she flew..
 
draco bowed his head as the lass striped her close and shifted back to his beast form as she did the same and they took off after the wolf
 
There is a fine line between hunger and common sense, those are human factors.. in the animal world it is surviving and the mortal in her path was crossing the line for her.

A stone flew past her nose and Piza Ista was not liking the manner of pain that came with the stone. Instead of turning tail and running she charged forward. The male let out a startled cry and moved quickly as the wolf rushed past his legs in chase to the lamb she had respotted.
 
draco heard the scream of one of the young men who hearded sheep for him and took to the air knowing the lass would follow him
 
The lamb was not dumb prey, it bolted ackwardly to the left and now the human was going to be trampled repeatedly by the fleeing creature only to be outmanuveered by the wolf.

Piza turned again and moved to the far right then jumped forward catching the lamb by the neck then dragging it off to the nearby woods. The lamb's cries echoed in the air as Piza inhaled the aroma.

How odd that a creature like the wolf would pause to savor such a scent. Was it ingrained in her memory or something more then that? More noises came to the woods where she was barely hiding.

Piza gripped the lamb and dragged it deeper into the woods, back near the water where is was safer or the patch. The humans were looking for her.. or the lamb?

Piza waited a few more minutes before popping into the open in order to get to where she was before. She tilted her ears hearing the flapping of wings then weaved into the tall grass, pulling the lamb to hide as well. However live creatures that do not lie in hiding seldom follow unspoken directions, thus it bleated pitifully giving away her location to the creatures that sought her from above.
 
draco heard the bleat of a sheep a youngh lamb from the sounds of it and circled around the spot until the lass chould catch up
 
Piza stared at the sky and wondered what that winged thing was doing. Slowly she tried to tug the lamb deeper into the underbrush of the woods. Once more it bleated and Piza twisted back and lifted it as a pup and carried it off towards the sound of water.

Not being one of her better actions as she moved along a line of opening trees and was clearly seen from the east or north.
 
draco watched as the wolf it seemed dragged a lamb twords the river ad waited for the lass to get ther to discusse actions
 
Back
Top