Con artist cost the country 1 million jobs

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
Two years ago, Jack Ma, founder of China's equivalent to Amazon, Alibaba, had talked to the con artist and said he would be able to bring 1 million jobs to the U.S. over a five year period. All that had to happen was giving US small businesses more access to the Chinese market through Alibaba. The con artist touted it as a sign that his economic policies would help the US.

Today Ma said he was withdrawing his offer to help create 1 million jobs due directly to the con artist's use of tariffs.

"The promise was made on the premise of friendly US-China partnership and rational trade relations," Ma said. "That premise no longer exists today, so our promise cannot be fulfilled."​

Ma said on Tuesday that trade tensions between the United States and China could last for two decades and would be "a mess" for all parties involved.

To summarize, one million jobs lost due to tariffs, Moog, a 75 year-old, family run, American run company will either go under or move production overseas in the next month or two due to tariffs, the largest nail manufacturer in the country may declare bankruptcy or move production overseas as soon as next month due to tariffs, a company in South Carolina which makes tvs is shutting down due to tariffs, Harley Davidson is moving production overseas due to tariffs, and BMW, which has its largest factory in South Carolina, won't produce some of its vehicles in the U.S. thanks to tariffs.

So much winning.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/407454-alibaba-founder-reverses-on-promise-to-create-1-million-jobs-in-us

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2018-09-19/alibabas-jack-ma-goes-back-on-promise-to-create-one-million-us-jobs-xinhua
 
Back
Top