how to spot a meth user

now that i've read all of the self righteous sermonizers, let me just respond that i was asking a simple question. if you see someone, no matter if you like them or not, falling apart before your eyes you naturally wonder what's going on. past history has nothing to do with my query. its the visible disintegration that is ongoing that i wonder about. and how about getting off of the high horses? i'm old-i lost several friends to hiv and even worked as a house manager for hiv homeless in the early 90's, so i know the look and signs of hiv. i also worked for a drug rehab program besides having had numerous friends in the 60's and 70's who were junkies. i know all about junkies. and, to cap it off, i've been in relationships with two alcoholics and have a junkie and an alcoholic in my family. what i don't have is a first hand knowledge of a meth user (and "meth freak" is how we referred to them in the 60's, so get over yourself) at least to my knowledge. he COULD be a hard core alky but it takes years of abuse to get to his stage and there's never been any indication in the past. and i agree it's very sad, he was a good looking guy in the past, now he looks like norman bates' mother at the end of "psycho". it must be wonderful to be so saintly that you can accept someone exactly as they are and never wonder what's going in their life, as so many of the prigs who responded seem to be capable of. as for me, i'll continue to wonder if he's killing himself, if his son is going to be fatherless and if i should try to think of a way to covertly hook him up with help. and that's the end of this discussion for me since very few of you seem to be able to answer a question without blaming the questioner.
 
in response to the original post some of the symptoms of meth use are:

•A thinning, frail body
•Facial acne or sores
•Rotted teeth (“meth mouthâ€�)
•A droopy quality to the facial skin
•Convulsions
•Liver damage
•Stroke
•Lowered immunity/susceptibility to infectious disease
•A dramatic increase in body temperature
•Increased libido
•Intense scratching
•Death

I figure other symptoms will show up if the haven't already.
 
Back
Top