Your Cheating Heart

barefootgirl69

Wild Little Cupcake
Joined
May 14, 2015
Posts
67,351
Your Cheating Heart (closed for Passionate_Gent)

Madison Faulk (Maddy to her friends) – 36 years old –
Married to Derek for 12 years, mother of twins (boy/girl)
Just promoted to this position from an assistant 4 months ago, has been with the company for 8 years.


Madison arrived in Singapore just after mid-night, a full day ahead of the scheduled meeting so that she would have time to prepare last minute details and rest. With the vast change in time zones, and a 22 hour flight from Chicago, she knew that it would be in her best interests. Her predecessor had left a notebook filled with little hints about this annual international meeting and Madison had decided early on to take it at face value this first venture. If she felt anything needed changed or updated, she would do so when she returned.

The taxi pulled up in front of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Madison paid him before he got out to retrieve her luggage from the boot. There was a vast temperature change, too. It was still hot outside and she was glad that she had packed a number of outfits that would keep her cool and stylish, and to have enough to change into during her stay. She had also packed a brand new bathing suit so she could check out the rooftop pool that she had heard so much about. When she returned to Chicago, it might be in the 40s, she thought with a grimace. Slinging her carry-on over her shoulder, she picked up both suitcases and entered the hotel walking up to the reception area. The reservations had been made by her secretary and all she needed to do was check in and get to her room, and get out of these clothes.

Stepping up to the counter, she slid her passport across the counter, along with her brand new business credit card issued through her company, and smiled at the young lady behind it. Her name tag said her name was Jin-ru. “Good morning, Jin-ru. My name is Madison Faulk, I should have a reservation in that name.” she said softly smiling.

The receptionist took her passport and was looking in the computer to find the name. “Good morning to you, as well, Ms. Faulk. I see you do have a reservation with us, and that your room is ready. I’ll go ahead and swipe your card and get you a key.” She quickly got Madison checked in and then called over a bellhop, when he arrived she told him to “Take Ms. Faulk to her room, please. She is in Tower 2, 45th floor, room 4515.” Turning to Madison, she gave her the key, as well as her passport and credit card.

"There should be information in your room regarding your conference, as well as information regarding the hotel/casino. Room service is open 24 hours, of course. I hope you have a pleasant stay.”

Madison appreciated how polite she was, but she really just wanted to get to her room. She followed the bellhop to the elevators in Tower 2 and to her room, where she unlocked the door and allowed him to pass through first with her things. An hour later, she was alone, had showered and was sitting down to eat a sandwich that she had ordered from room service. After that she crawled into bed with a book and fell asleep.
 
Last edited:
James McCallum
age 34
biography : married for 5 years to Barbara. CEO of his own self-made company. no children.

The sound of the plane tires screeching gives him a signs of relief. He always hated flying. The thought of being in a contained metallic box so high up had always given him the jitters. Yes being in first class helps but if he had a choice he would Skype. But this trip could not be avoided. It was an important global conference that gave him the oppurtunity to expose his company to potential overseas clients.

The flight from New Zealand to Singapore was a gruelling 11 hours. He could not sleep in flights and it started to weigh in on him as he landed.The heaviness of a hangover without the alcohol. He closes his eyes as the plane makes his way to the terminal. He cant remember the last time he had a night out. Just him and the boys. He cant remember the last time he actually had a good time with anything. Yes he is successful. Starting up a software company at age 30 he slowly grew it into one of the leading software companies in New Zealand. He knew he would be successful but the rate of his success surprised him. Not that it didn't take a toll on his marriage. Being married for 5 years he has slowly seen his marriage fade away, coming secondary to the never ending meetings and late nights at the office.

The flight attended nudges him awake from his daydream. He takes his carry on luggage and disembarks from the flight. After the usual formality with immigration and baggage reclaim he's finally in a cab heading to Marina Bay. The warm feeling of the tropical weather in Singapore is refreshing though the humidity is not. He needs a shower and a good sleep.

As the cab pulls up towards the iconic building, he is captivated by its beauty. He was looking forward to the much talked about casino and poolside at the top of the building. He makes his way to the front desk to check in.

Then he notices her. Well dressed and professional. Her voice sounds foreign, American, he thinks to himself. He is trying to focus on what the receptionist is telling him but for what ever reason he is captivated by this lady next to him. She turns and walks away towards the elevators with the bellboy and disappears from his sight . Whats got into him? he thinks to himself. Must be the long flight. He finally gets his key and heads to his room.

He tips the bellboy well and he leaves with a big smile. The room is spacious, luxurious with the wonderful view of the city of course. A far he can see the titanic container ships dock at the port. The hustle and bustle of the night life is so different from where he is from. He has his hot shower which he had been longing for since he left Changi Airport. As he lays in bed, he thinks of that mysterious lady briefly before his thoughts are replaced with dreams.
 
Last edited:
Madison woke up slowly, rubbing her eyes as she turned to look at the clock. Local time said it was just after 8 am – perfect. It would give her plenty of time to go over her notes for the conference tomorrow. She slipped out of bed and padded into the bathroom to brush her teeth and run a comb through her hair, pulling it back into a ponytail.

Not bad for a mother of twins, she thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. Lately she’d been too busy with her new job to take a good look at herself. There had been so much to learn, and preparing for this conference had kept her late at the office for the last few weeks. Derek had taken over getting the kids off to school and to their activites after, since he worked from home and set his own hours. She’d taken Thursday afternoon off to get a mani-pedi, and then spent the rest of it with Derek until the kids came home and they all went out for pizza.

She decided to order up some breakfast from room service, and while she waited for that she could call home and see how things were going. With the time difference, the kids should be getting ready for bed. She chatted briefly to each of them finding out what they had done that afternoon, then spent the next 30 minutes talking to her husband and telling him how the flight had been.

“It was long but I managed to get some things done between napping here and there. The hotel here is amazing, Derek! I’ll have to make sure I send you some photos in email when I get out of the room.”

Derek tucked the phone on his shoulder while he poured a glass of wine. “Sounds great, hon. I hope if all goes good tomorrow. Right now, I need to get the kids to bed, we have another busy day tomorrow.”

After saying goodbye, Madison worked throughout the morning, eating her breakfast while looking through documents on her laptop and going over the items she wanted to focus on at the conference. By the time she looked up, it was just after noon, and she decided to head up to the roof top and check out the pool that everyone had been talking about since the hotel opened.

She put on her brand new bathing suit, slipping a cover over the top, then made her way up to SkyPark. It was busy, but she managed to find a lounge chair where she took her cover off. Folding it and placing in her bag, she took out her sunglasses and a book, along with her sunscreen. Pouring some in her hand, she started on her legs, making sure she reached every spot.

When she looked up at the server standing next to her, she noticed that there was someone looking at her. He quickly looked away when she saw him, but she wondered how long he had been watching her. She ordered a chicken salad wrap and a Mojito from the Pool Menu, then looked up again to see the same gentleman watching her.

Not bad looking, she thought smiling to herself, then she turned back to applying sunscreen. No sense getting burned while she was here.
 
The flickering rays of sunshine beam through the loosely closed drapes. It wakes him up from his deep slumber. He slept better than expected but it takes him awhile to realise where he is. The blinking bedside clock flickers 11.00am. "maybe a swim before lunch" he thinks to himself.

James always loved making the best of the hotel he stayed in. Wouldn't mind splashing some cash at the casino as well later today he thinks to himself. He gets himself changed to his black swimming shorts and gets a tshirt on. He never felt comfortable with a speedo. He wasnt as fit as he used to be but not too bad for a 34 year old. His age was starting to show though. Some greying on the sides.

He makes his way up to the pools. The view from the top is breath taking. He can see why they called it the infinity pool. Beautiful. There was quite a crowd. He sits by one of the deck chairs just admiring the view. He scans the poolside before he notices a familiar beauty

There she was again. Gosh she is gorgeous he thinks to himself. The kind of beauty you cant take your eyes off no matter how much you try. He starts to get uncomfortable in his shorts and adjust himself and tries to look away but he cant. His gaze finds her again and she is ordering through her menu but she catches him this time.

James looks away but his wondering eyes draws him back to her. She notices him again looking at her but gets back to using her sunscreen. He continues to watch her as she caresses her soft skin with cream.

"This is getting out of hand " he thinks to himself. " You are married for goodness sake" But he cant help himself. James decides to head to the pool before his discomfort in his shorts gets him embarrassed. A cool rinse is what he needs right now.

He starts to gently swim trying not to be too obvious stalking her with his eyes. He was always a little shy with the ladies. Even when he was courting Barbara, it took him a while before he could take things to the next step.

This time it felt a little different. He starts to swim towards where she was seated. " i'm just gonna have a friendly conversation" he tells himself. He approaches her sitting by the pool. " Hi there, that looks like a lovely drink" he tells her as he points to the mojito sitting by the table next to her.
 
Last edited:
Madison finished applying sunscreen and put the tube back in her bag. She had been trying not to look back over to the man that had been eye-balling her earlier. Not that she didn’t like to be looked at. Even though she had small children and was way past 30, she looked good for her age. Although she didn’t get much time to get to a gym, she tried to get a morning run in several times a week. Still, not minding being looked at didn’t mean that she had ever been unfaithful to her husband during her business travels. She had never had the inclination to do something like that, and that’s not what out-of-town business meetings were about. Not for her anyway, but she knew that some of her colleagues weren’t so like-minded.

As she settled back with her book, she heard someone talking to her. Looking up, smiling, she sees that it is the man that she has noticed staring at her when she was ordering. He had gotten up earlier and entered the pool, and she had noticed that he looked to be about her age, and in pretty good shape. She could admire a man’s looks even if she didn’t intend for anything else. She admired his voice, too, not to mention he had an accent.

“Hi. It’s so warm that I thought I’d order something refreshing. I hope it’s as good as it looks, because I’ve never had one.” Madison couldn’t remember the last time she and Derek had been out somewhere other than a business meeting, and those certainly weren’t the places you wanted to try a new drink. She picked it up and took a small sip. “Oh, my! Now I see why people order these! It’s divine!” Then, doing something she would have never done at home, she invited him to join her.

“My name is Madison, and I’m from Chicago.”
 
Her invitation took him aback but he felt bolder than usual. " It's only an innocent drink"
he tells himself. And it's not pleasant being alone so far away from home. A little company isn't going to hurt. And he did notice the ring on her finger as he stepped out of the pool. " See.... She's already taken" he tells himself. The best of them usually are. The sight of the ring and the cool pool water did well to succumb his earlier discomfort.

" Hi Madison from Chicago. I'm James from New Zealand" he smiles as he sits by the lounge chair next to her. He takes s brief look at the menu and ushers the waiter for an order. " Your drink looks amazing but I might just go with something local" he tells her as he orders a Singapore sling trying to be funny.

He tries to remain calm and confident but inside his heart is thumping. That was quite corny, he thinks to himself. This is uncharted teratory for him. Meeting and talking to a complete stranger was not something new to him. Being a CEO he always had to meet new clients and confidence was never an issue. But this felt different. Her beauty captivated him a little. It was a foreign feeling to him.

Barbara was the social one between them." yes thats right Barbara your wife back home. Still remember her? " he thinks to himself.

He looks at her lap and notices a book. " So what are you reading there? "
 
Last edited:
As he pulls himself up out of the water, Madison glances away quickly. She knows that it’s normal to find attractive men…well…attractive. She’s looked at attractive men before, admired their smile, or the way they speak with their hands. Watching him, though, causes her pulse to increase and makes her nervous. Maybe she hasn’t done the right thing asking him to join her. But, she did and he was here now, sitting next to her.

“Hello, James from New Zealand.” She says cheerfully, smiling “I saw that on the menu, but I was a little afraid to try it. Maybe I will sometime while I’m here, though” Reaching down to her lap she picks the book up. “I’ve just started reading ‘The Stranger’ by Harlan Coben. I thought I might get in some reading this week since I’m alone.” As the waiter comes and James orders, Madison wonders why she is so chatty all of a sudden, even disclosing that she was here alone. Great, what if he’s some hotel stalker or something! She mentally rebukes herself.

Picking up her drink, she sips on it while he orders. She loves the cadence of his words and the tone of his voice – and yes, the accent. She was so used to the different accents in Chicago, the different ethnicities, but never had she heard anyone from New Zealand. It caressed her ears. Oh, goodness! Where are these thoughts coming from, anyway?

“What brings you to Singapore, James?”
 
He takes the cool icy glass admiring its bright refreshing content of citrus and alcohol before taking in a sip. The fresh yellow tinged pineapple slice pierced at the rim with the small umbrella hat attached to it just adds to its charm. The chemical explosion on his taste buds is surprisingly exquisite. The bartender is obviously an experienced one. The art of cocktail is easily learnt but difficult to perfect.

His admiration for the drink in his hand is quickly replaced by her sitting next to him. There was something about the way she smiled that caught his attention. The kind of smile that makes your heart flutter and sets out butterflies in your tummy. The fact that she is alone here gives him goose bumps and intrigues him further. But how could a stranger have such an effect on him.

I dont even know her. I must be more jet lagged than I thought. This is getting a little ridiculous. And she is married..

But his mind and logic are betrayed by his heart and the primal instinct to socialize with the opposite

All right we're just gonna have a conversation here and probably end it there..

His thoughts are interrupted by her question. “Well err I'm actually here on business. I run my own company and am trying to explore my options overseas” He didn't want to bore her with the details. He could go on and on about his company but this wasn't business meeting. He wanted to know about her. This stranger that has captivated him. After all he may never see her again.

“I hope you haven't gone too far into it” and nods towards the book. “I hear once you start you cant set it down”

Like this encounter he wishes never to end..

“So whats a gorgeous gal like you doing all alone in Singapore?”

His words escape his mouth before he could take it back. He feels his cheeks go red as he clears his throat and looks away at a distance with embarrassment

Gorgeous gal... what are you thinking man. She's gonna think your some kinda perv...
 
Last edited:
Introducing: James McCallum

3c5da31cb68e8af4bb1f13928a4bdb79.jpg


647cccf1e98c0ac92e4ea1d881266351.jpg
 
Not familiar with this post...

Posted here by mistake

Please disregard
 
Last edited:
Madison looks down at her lap where the book is and was getting ready to answer when she heard him call her ‘gorgeous’. Looking up, she sees him looking off into the distance, blushing – and she couldn’t help but laugh.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not every day I get called ‘gorgeous’. So, thank you, James.”

Actually, it had been a long time since anyone, including Derek, had called her ‘gorgeous’ and it was nice to hear that she still had something about her that was interesting to the male in her species.

Pointing to the book on her lap, she said, “I started reading this on the plane, hoping that it would lull me to sleep on the long flight over. I got too interested in what was going on in it, though, and found it hard to put down.” Taking a drink of her Mojito during the lull in conversation, she watched a couple playing in the pool in front of her.

He really is very attractive in a Hugh Jackman kind of way. Kinda rugged in good looks, but laid back and relaxed…well, except when he called her gorgeous! She smiled again at the thought. Still, it wasn’t every day that she was sitting around in a bathing suit next to a pool with a very attractive man beside her, with a voice like honey and an accent that made her ears perk up. But that doesn’t give me any reason to forget who I am or why I’m here, once again scolding herself.

“I’m here for a business meeting myself. It’s supposed to last all week long, as a matter of fact.” Madison tells him before taking another sip of her drink. It really was delicious, and with the sun beating down on them both, she smiled and set her drink down.
 
Her candid response to his question made him feel better.

But she must be lying. She probably gets compliments like that on a daily basis. How could she not? But at least she is courteous about it.

James sits there admiring her beauty as she looks afar at the poolside. Her perfect skin glistens under the sunlight. She has curves in all the right places and she looks fit for her age. Her swimsuit cups her bosom perfectly. But whats most attractive about her is that smile. It could melt anyones heart.

She must be a good kisser.
Her lips are luscious and tempting....


James looks away again not wanting to be too obvious and embarrassing himself again. He takes another drink of his cocktail when she tells him she is here on a business meeting.

“You aren't here here for the international conference are you?” She nods and smiles in agreement.
The way she dressed yesterday at reception made him suspect this but he wasn't sure.

“Well I'm actually here for that conference myself. I'm trying to promote my company to cliental overseas. Felt this would be a good opportunity to open some doors. “

James went on about how he started his company and his current status. It was brilliant meeting someone in the same line as he is.
He was glad he swam up to meet her.
 
Last edited:
She listened to James tell about his business and how he had gotten started, all the work he had put into it. It was refreshing to hear someone talking about something they loved to do, and that it wasn’t just another ‘job to make a paycheck’. His eyes lit up when he described how he had met the right people at the right time, and that he was ready to take the company in another direction.
One thing he hadn’t mentioned was a wife or family. She found herself wondering if he was married and she tried looking for a ring on his finger, but she couldn’t see his hand from the direction they were sitting.

What does it matter if he’s married or not? It’s not like you can date him.

Madison didn’t know why she was even having this conversation with herself. Throughout her marriage, there were times when Derek had been gone on business, and she had never questioned or doubted his faithfulness; she herself had never had an affair. She had simply never thought of it at all, just assuming he was on business and would be back. Why was she even thinking about affairs at the moment?

She forced herself to listen to what James was telling her, and looked up again at his eyes that seemed to be smiling . He had such a nice face – friendly. “This is my first time in Singapore for my company, since I’ve recently been promoted. I’m not familiar with what goes on, but I’m looking forward to getting some information and taking it back to the CEO. It is a little intimidating, but I’m sure if everyone at the conference is as sweet as you, then I’ll have nothing to be afraid of.” She didn’t realize what she had said until it was out of her mouth.

He is going to think you are flirting with him!
 
James started to feel more comfortable with her. He took the last sip of his drink before laying down the glass by the side of the lounge chair. The alcohol was starting to seep into his bloodstream. He always had a low tolerance and never was a big drinker. But he was a happy drunk. A flirtatious drunk. And that side of him was starting to awaken.

Her last comment made him smile. She seemed genuine and he would love to help her out anyway he could. He knew what it felt like starting out in a new company. Especially in this dog eat dog world.

" I know what you mean. Doing this line of work has definitely taken a toll on my marriage as well. But that comes with the job unfortunately. And no, not everyone is as sweet as me". James gives her a wink and grin.

what was that about..

He looks away trying to forget what just happened. He sees a couple teasing each other by the pool. Embracing one another with not a concern in the world. Newly weds probably. He missed that feeling. Holding a woman close, skin against skin.

His mind starts to wonder and he imagines her in his arms. What must that feel like, holding her perfect body close to him.
James starts to feel his pulse race a little.

How can you be lusting for her. You don't even know her... and you're married for goodness sake

" Maybe I could help you go through some of your notes and concerns you have. Its not like I have anything else planned for the day"

Let not take this too far now shall we....

But James couldn't help himself. Maybe it was the alcohol but he yearned for her company a little more....
 
Last edited:
Doing this line of work has definitely taken a toll on my marriage as well.

What did he mean by that? She hadn’t said anything about her job and her marriage.Although she had to admit that lately, with getting used to a new position as well as preparing for this meeting, there had been a lot of nights when she was still working as Derek was getting ready for bed. There hadn’t been a lot of time to be alone between the job and kids.

Bringing her thoughts back to the present, she caught the last part of what he’d said. Having someone to look over her notes and the type of information she wanted to glean from the conference, an outsider who could give her a fresh take on things, might be worth doing.

“If you’re sure you don’t mind taking some time to do it. It’s not every day that you get to relax in the sunshine, from what I gather, but if you’re willing to glance at some things, then I’d be silly to say ‘no’ to your offer, James.”

Looking around, she realized it wasn’t a good place to bring her notes. There was no place to spread them out, and she really didn’t want anyone else at the conference to know what her company was building towards, so she added, “If you don’t mind, though, I’d rather take you up to the room where I can spread things out, and where they won’t get lost along the way.”

She was all business at that point, not thinking twice about having him enter her room or about what others would think if they saw them entering it together. Already, plans were going through her mind about what she would share with him.

While she waited for his answer, she put her book back in her bag – it wasn’t like she was going to ready it, anyway. Glancing up at him, she saw that he was watching her and she smiled. His eyes were so kind and gentle, and yet there was something about him that made her want to reach out and do more than brush his cheeks with her fingers, it made her..

Whoooaaa! You’ve got to stop thinking like that!
 
This was meant to be just a casual conversation but knowing that they both had the same work interest made him more interested in her.

Maybe she can be my ticket to expand the company further. Thats right, this was purely going to be a business relationship

He knew that he was trying to find excuses to deny his attraction towards her. It wasn't everyday that he could meet someone as gorgeous as her and in the same line of work on top of that. But she is married and so was he.

Thats right this is just business....

As much as his thoughts tried to deny his primal instinct, his eyes couldn't help but wonder and explore her body, admiring her beauty as she got up to walk towards the hotel. She had a slender figure. He started to imagine himself caressing her curves with his fingers... tracing his fingers between her .....

Business remember.. this is purely business

At the back of his mind James felt that this could be a mistake. Being in a room alone with her. He didn't know anyone else in the conference so he didn't think twice of it when he said yes... but now he started to wonder.. but its too late now. It would be rude to find an excuse to get himself out of this...

But he wanted this. He wanted to be with her....

James got his things before they both headed to the elevators. He still had his trunks on and wore his shirt he brought with him.

They both walked into the elevator as the doors closed behind them. She leaned over to press the floor where her room was and slightly brushed against him as she did this. She was close enough for him to smell her perfume.

god she smells good... did she brush him by accident?... of course she she did you silly man

James looked at her and smiled as they waited for the lift to descend to her floor, hoping that he hadn't started to take things too far
 
Last edited:
Madison stood back and smiled trying not to show how nervous she was about this. It hadn’t started until they were in the elevator and she had leaned over to press the button for her floor. Brushing against him had been an accident, but the way it had made her body tingle, like little bolts of lightening along her arm, she began to wonder if this was something she’d regret.

Not that she was thinking of taking things further! No! She was just hoping he wasn’t getting the wrong impression of her. But, still she couldn’t deny the attraction that she felt. Who wouldn’t? Look at him! He’s handsome with a cheeky smile, and he’s sweet. Oh, God! These thoughts had to stop, and they had to stop now!

When the doors opened she led him down the hall to her room, fishing in her bag for the keycard that she’d tucked away earlier. “I know it’s in here somewhere.” She said as they waited outside her door. Just then her fingers touched it and she grabbed it, holding it up in triumph. “Got it! Let’s get in here and get busy. Make yourself at home, alright?”

The curtains had been opened and the bed made by the service and she was glad. She hadn’t thought about what she would do if it wasn’t, it simply hadn’t crossed her mind. In short order, she had her notes and her computer opened up and spread across the table. She didn’t want to give away any of her company’s secrets or plans, but she also felt this might be a good way to help her prepare for tomorrow.

She poured them both a glass of water and brought it to him, their fingers brushing against each other as he took the glass. What was it that flashed in his eyes? If she didn’t know better, she might have thought it was desire. Madison turned away quickly so he wouldn’t see her own written on her face. She spoke quickly, hoping to focus both of their minds on something else.

“Let me tell you exactly what my company does and why I’m here at the conference.” She started. It took a fully half hour for her to tell him, while she shared her vision; then, she stood back and asked him, “So? What do you think? Will there be others here that have the same vision?”
 
The brush of her fingers against his still lingered in his mind. The slight touch when she handed him the glass sent a tingle through his hand up to his spine. He has never felt like this before with another woman. She was starting to overwhelm him a little. That inevitable attraction...

I knew i shouldn't have come here... this is getting out of hand.. but did she want it as well?

James felt that there was a brief look of seduction from her but he wasn't sure. She did look a little uncomfortable with herself when she was telling him about her company and her position

She must be just nervous... thats all.

James listened on as she talked about her prospects and her vision with the company. It was impressive and she was very well prepared. The nature of her work revealed her dedication and capabilities. But his mind and heart couldn't help but lust for her. Fleeting thoughts of love making flew through his mind. Thoughts he couldn't suppress. He hoped she couldn't see it in him.

" I'm quite impressed. Especially since you are new to this. But there are some tweaking that is needed with the plans you have"

He took one of her notes from the table leaning in close to her explaining what he felt could help.
As he pointed out the areas that needed adjusting he brushed his arm against hers. Not by accident this time...
 
She tried to focus on what he was saying, but it was hard with him being so near. She couldn’t understand why he was getting to her this way. She’d worked with a lot of men, but with him she had an almost overwhelming urge to touch him, to look into his eyes as he leaned forward to kiss her.

This is ridiculous! How could I want this when I’m married…he’s married. We hardly know one another! She kept telling herself this over and over, but it still didn’t stop her mind wandering in that direction.

And then, his arm brushed hers. It must have been an accident. People brushed up against her in the office all the time as they worked together, but this was different. It made her FEEL different. It was a feeling that made her want to set aside all those thoughts talking her out of kissing him, and wrap her arms around his neck as she pulled him close.

There was only one way to avoid all this, and that was to get out of the room before she did exactly what she was thinking. I hope he hasn’t noticed anything. I hope he doesn’t realize that I’ve been thinking of much more than these plans.

“You think that’s the only area I need to look back into? That’s great!” Madison took a step away and started to pick up the papers she had spread out earlier, anything to keep her hands busy. Hoping he didn’t notice anything, she looked over and smiled. “I don’t remember the last time I had something to eat. I’d like to enjoy a good meal before getting caught up in the conference, can you suggest something? And, maybe, join me?”
 
He could sense there was something in the air between them but he wasn't sure. Or was he, but just afraid to take things too far? It has been a long time since he felt this way with another woman. He never was a “player” or had many one night stands. Barbara was one of few woman that he dated in his lifetime. They just suited each other logically and it made sense for him to tie the knot. But he never felt with her what he is feeling now. That primal instinct to be with someone physically. That urge in your loins thats undeniable and forever hungry. Forever wanting....

Did she feel the same way? Did she want him as much as he did her? He learnt to trust his instinct in business which has proved successful. But this isn't business. There was no facts or figures to base his hunch on. It was pure guess work based on emotion. Is it a guess he is willing to take?

His thoughts and feeling were running rabid in his mind.

I have to put a stop to this. This is getting too far out of control.

James was just about to make his way when she broke his exit with her question

A meal would be a good idea

At least he would know where things stood between them. And his intention for his travel was to meet new clients anyway.

“Well I don't personally know any great places here but there is a place highly recommended by a friend of mine. How about I come by at 7 and we can make our way there? I'll call and book a table for us. We can talk more about your plans over dinner.”

James was trying to be formal. But there was nothing formal with what was going through his mind.
 
Madison was quick to answer him, “That’s a great idea, James. I’m not familiar with things around here, either, and it will be nice to explore things with you.” As soon as it came out of her mouth, she cringed. Why did she keep coming up with these innuendos? Or was it just her? Did she really want to go there with him, and was she the only one seeing that he could twist them to see something other than what she truly meant? What did she truly mean? Ugh!!!

She walked him to the door and watched him head toward the elevators before she closed it and leaned against it, her eyes closed as she tried to quiet the beating of her heart. Taking a deep breath, she pushed away from it, turning to put the chain on the door before walking to the wardrobe to find something to wear.

It was warm here, and they would be walking, so she wanted something that would be nice, but comfortable. Something business-like, but casual, too.
She picked out one of the dresses she had purchased just for this trip, and laid it on the bed before heading toward the bath. She had just enough time to take a nice leisurely bubble bath before dressing, relax and enjoy the soothing hot, scented water.

Stepping down into the waters, Melody slid under the bubbles and put her head back and tried to remember all the things that he had said. Yes, right now, while relaxing in the tub, might not be the best time to think of business, but if she didn’t then her mind would fill with how he looked getting out of the water, or how they had brushed against each other in the elevator, or his fingers, his voice… STOP IT, MADISON!

By the time 7 o’clock came around, she only had to put her necklace and earrings in and then she would be dressed and ready to go. Slipping on her heals, she stood in front of the mirror she looked at how they looked in her ears, the picked up her necklace just as there was a knock on the door. With it still in her hand, she opened the door to find a James smiling in the corridor.

“Come in, I’m almost ready.” Madison smiled and stepped aside as he entered. “You’re just in time! Do you mind helping me with this?” she held out the necklace for him, then turned around and lifted her hair.
 
" It would be nice to explore things with you"....

Her statement still lingered in his mind as he headed back to his room. He smiled to himself as he took the elevator up to his floor.

I'm sure she just meant exploring this city with me and nothing more

James felt there was a flirtatious hint to what she said but brushed it aside.

You're thinking way ahead of yourself now Mr

But his mind did wander. He did brush her elbow earlier and she didn't back away. He knew he was testing the waters but what is he trying to achieve? Its not like anything will come of it? As he enters the room his thoughts are interrupted by a message indicator blinking on the hotel phone. He clicks it and a familiar voice fills his heart with guilt.

" Hi babe, just wondering how things are with you. hope the flight was ok. call me back when you are free. love you."

It was Barbara. He sits by the bed just staring out blankly at the beautiful city. After a long deep breath, he picks up the phone to dial Madison's room number but he couldn't do it. He knew he should cancel the dinner. He knew things were going too far. But he wanted to be with her. But why? This is crazy.

Instead he dials the number to the restaurant he had planned to take her. " Hi there, I would like to book a table for 2 please. I hope you have one available. " James knew he was booking late and he half heartedly thanked his lucky stars when the receptionist mentioned there was one available for him.

" Excellent. Thank you." He hangs the phone up and heads for a quick shower. As he gets ready he looks at himself in the mirror. A feeling of guilt creeps into his heart again as he combs his hair.

Its just dinner...

He looks at his watch and it was almost 7pm...

Anyway, its too late to cancel now..

He heads back to Madison's room. All the while thinking if he should just call the whole thing off. He pauses briefly before knocking on her door still unsure.

As the door opens he couldn't help but smile at her. She looked stunning. Sexy. The kind of beauty that makes your heart tingle and skip a beat. James didn't care anymore. He knew then there was no turning back. Not with her. Her looks, her personality, her drive for success, everything about her captivated him.

“Sure, I can help you with that”

He clears his throat as he takes the necklace from her trying to focus on the task at hand. Hoping she didn't realize his reaction towards her when she opened the door.

He slides it around her neck trying to clasp it together. The clasp was very delicate so he stepped in a little closer towards her, into her comfort zone. A little more closer than he really had to. Not touching her but close enough to feel one's presence. He starts to breath a little heavier as her perfume engulfed his senses. A familiar warmth and strain started to build in him. Just her scent alone was overwhelming. He wasn't sure if she could feel his breath on her neck but he didn't care.

He had already clasped the necklace together but played with it a little longer wanting to prolong being close to her as much as he could. He brushes her shoulders gently before stepping back as she turns around. “There its all done. Sorry i'm not too familiar with necklaces unfortunately” as he smiles at her. It was a white lie.

“You look wonderful by the way.” he exclaimed before opening the room door leading her out. If only she knew what she was doing to him right now. “I was thinking we should take a cab there as I'm not too familiar where the place is but apparently its really close to the hotel.” James had called for a taxi before coming to her room to greet her.

As they made their way down, the taxi was waiting for them at the lobby.
James opened the door for her before getting into the cab himself. “To the Lantern Restaurant please at the Fullerton Hotel.” he tells the driver before turning to Madison smiling at her. “I hope this place is as good as my friend tells me it is. If its great I'll take all the credit. If it ain't, I'll have a word with him when I get back.” he says with a chuckle as they make their way to the restaurant.
 
Last edited:
She was holding her breath as he fiddled with the clasp, the nearness of him was making her feel things that she knew she shouldn’t be feeling. She knew that feeling things was just a part of life, and that acting upon those feelings would be trouble. Finally, he finished and she felt the soft gentle brush of his hands across her shoulders just before she turned around.

She took one last look in the mirror to see how it looked and smoothed her dress down. She wanted to make sure everything looked good and proper here in Singapore.

“Thank you, James. For your help and for your compliment.” She said as they were heading out the door to make their way to the waiting taxi. Madison was smiling as they walked through the lobby and walked out into the night air, the taxi was waiting right there for them.

“I’ve never heard of The Lantern, but I don’t think your friend would send you somewhere that wasn’t decent. You’re friends do like you, right?” she asked playfully, getting a smile from him. “I think that, with your company, it will be lovely.”

Why does everything I say had to be flirtatious? Can’t I just speak to him? You ARE just speaking to him, your mind is putting a twist on it because you find him attractive. Madison battle within herself. She had to admit to finding him attractive, but she didn’t have to act on it.

She could simply not spend time with him, but he was such a nice guy, and wonderful man and a very good businessman. There might even be a chance that they could work together if there were an opportunity, and if he was looking to expand. She decided to put all those thoughts aside and simply enjoy a good meal with a new friend just as they pulled up in front of the Fullerton Bay Hotel where the restaurant was located.

Madison took his hand as he helped her from the car, tucking it into his arm as they walked, her eyes were taking it all in as she leaned close and said, “It’s absolutely amazing! I love it already!”
 
Last edited:
The place did look amazing as they entered the restaurant. The warm night breeze was gentle and refreshing. The waterfront view was splendid. It was a full moon as well which added to the spectacle of the night. The city looked beautiful from afar with the reflection of the night lights dancing on the water surface. But what made him feel special was that he was here with her.

He felt proud entering the restaurant with her beside him. Her hand tucked under his arm was comforting. This wasn't meant to be a date though it was starting to feel like one. James looked at her and smiled when she said she loved the place. He did too.

It was a weekday so the place was relatively quiet. They walked towards the receptionist and were greeted by a sweet Chinese hostess who took them to their booked table. Their seats was a couch facing the waterfront. He waited for her to take her seat before sitting next to her.

“Looks like my friends do like me” he tells her with a smile. They both go through the menu. The menu wasn't extensive or elaborate but simple and delicious. “I don't know about you but I always look at the dessert section first before I order my main meal” he tells her with a grin. He was a chocolate fan and the tiramisu and chocolate fondant got his taste buds going. He picked the King Prawns as his main and the seafood cocktail as his appetizer.

He couldn't help but keep looking at her from the corner of the menu. She didn't notice him as she was still glancing through the menu. She looked beautiful tonight. The yellow orange flicker of the lit table lamp added to her beauty. He wanted to be the light, exploring every curve and corner of her body.

He looks back at the menu as she looks up at him.

God I hope she didn't notice me gawking at her....

“What drink would you like? “he asks her trying to avoid an uncomfortable situation.
“I think a bottle of white wine would be nice, what do you think? “

A bottle of wine?? Are you trying to lower your inhibitions or hers...
 
Last edited:
Madison couldn’t help but smile the entire time they walked to their table that overlooked the waterfront. Here on the rooftop, they could see for miles.. the city and the water far beneath them. It was stunning, and this restaurant was, too, she thought as she looked around.

“It does look like your friends like you! They couldn’t have told you of a better place, I think. You might have to take them out to dinner when you get back”, she teasingly said as she looked at her menu. It was simple, yet elegant, and Madison had already determined what she would have. She wasn’t reading it now, she was thinking about how close they were sitting, how the glow of the light made things intimate even in a room full of people. She could see his hands as he held his menu; his fingers were long and they looked strong and well-taken care of.

What would they feel like if he held my hand? Would they be strong as he pulled me close?

Looking up to him as he mentioned the wine, she laughed. “A bottle of wine would be perfect with our meal, I think. Otherwise, I might order one of those Slings that Singapore is so well-known for. If we plan to walk back, I’m not sure that would be the best thing to have.”

Her smile came easy when she was with him. It was comfortable being around him. Just watching him laugh with her was enough to make her heart pound, and although this caused a bit of concern for her, she didn’t want to over-think it. Clearly, he was married and here on business, and wasn’t interested in anything else.

He’s got a lovely smile, I wonder if his lips are soft and gentle when he kisses.
 
Back
Top