Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temps have been into the thirties at night. I'm not ready for winter!
 
Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff?!?!

Lynn - sorry for the cold. We've been getting into the 40s at night here. 30s won't be far behind...
 
It's 4:20am. Just finished cleaning up after PennGirl got sick. In my bed, which meant new sheets on the bed and putting previous sheets in the wash. Her temp is still up a bit and I don't even want to go back to sleep.
 
It was +6c this morning; Damned cold!
Better sort out my heating, I guess.
You OK ?
:rose::rose:

Doing great, HP. In fact, the last scan I had (a few days ago) showed the blood clots are gone and that the aneurysm has gone from 3.7cm to 3.3cm.


Unrelated blurt:

I'm tired. No, I'm exhausted. So why can't I sleep?
 
Doing great, HP. In fact, the last scan I had (a few days ago) showed the blood clots are gone and that the aneurysm has gone from 3.7cm to 3.3cm.

That's great to hear.
:rose:

It's 4:20am. Just finished cleaning up after PennGirl got sick. In my bed, which meant new sheets on the bed and putting previous sheets in the wash. Her temp is still up a bit and I don't even want to go back to sleep.

I know that one :rolleyes: Sympathies.

Better sort out my heating, I guess.
Me too - although mine may be a mite costlier than yours :eek:

Feeling good - even though I didn't get the small contract I applied for recently. Forum moderator for the module I teach on :D, I had to be a bit circumspect where I had got all my experience of forums from, LOL. Too bad, I would have got a lot out of it, but even though I know I would have done it well, I can actually believe they might have found someone better for the job. Just waiting to see who they did appoint and their feedback on why not me ... :cool:
 
Doing great, HP. In fact, the last scan I had (a few days ago) showed the blood clots are gone and that the aneurysm has gone from 3.7cm to 3.3cm.


Unrelated blurt:

I'm tired. No, I'm exhausted. So why can't I sleep?

Lynn, that's truly good news.
Long may it continue.
:rose::rose:
 
Doing great, HP. In fact, the last scan I had (a few days ago) showed the blood clots are gone and that the aneurysm has gone from 3.7cm to 3.3cm.


Unrelated blurt:

I'm tired. No, I'm exhausted. So why can't I sleep?

Great news (not about the sleeping). So glad to hear it. :) :rose:
 
The next time I need to dispose of furniture, I am authorizing Mr. Penn to chop it all up into little pieces so it fits in the trash can.
 
Doing great, HP. In fact, the last scan I had (a few days ago) showed the blood clots are gone and that the aneurysm has gone from 3.7cm to...

Good to hear things have improved. :rose:






Unrelated... I think my brain broke this afternoon. I'm looking for the manual or the warranty.
 
Finally, (most of) my old furniture is gone! Woo hoo! Now it just remains to put the old recliner out curbside...
 
I went to the bank the other day and they gave me my loan I need for the boiler - just like that :)

I struggled for so long believing that I was not very good with money. The Fella even made Piglet's pocket money account in his name only, like I would take the money out one day and bet it on horse-racing! I was too busy taking care of the baby Piglet at the time to do more than feel very upset.

Also, when I was a little sex kitten <snerk>, my Dad didn't give me enough money so I used to go to banks if I was out of pocket and shuffle in the queue to make sure I got a male bank clerk - then ask for an overdraft and he would always give it to me, LOL. Then two days later the big ole bank manager would phone up and say very grumpily: "Your overdraft has been cancelled!" but by then I would've spent the money (on food :rolleyes:) I thought I was bad at managing money, because I couldn't imagine that my own Dad would not give me enough to eat really - it's amazing how we lie to ourselves so we can keep loving our parents, isn't it.

I thought I should put some make-up on to go to the bank and ask for my loan. But then I thought: 'These days, it's all done by computer. They just look at the figures and see if you can afford it. They will not be more nor less likely to give you the money if you are a sexy lady.' That felt so great :)

The bank clerk looked at the figures I had drawn up of my income and outgoings. He said he wished everyone who came in asking for a loan were so well prepared. (Well, I did used to manage all the funding for a Research Centre, LOL!) He said I had been an excellent customer for several years, had a very good record, shown how I could easily afford it and therefore my loan had been instantly approved - much to my surprise. I thought they'd take a couple of days at least.

:cathappy:

Now all I have to do is wait for the boiler man to come and actually install the damn thing :rolleyes:
 
Be very careful if you apply heat to the boiler man. They have a tendency to explode unexpectedly. ;)
 
Deer season is quickly approaching:


attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Reminds me of the joke of the Hunter who let his wife come hunting with him.
He even got her a "lucky hat"; you know, one with horns ?
:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top