Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed back to work tomorrow for the first time since May 3. Even though I know I'm prepped and ready to go, I never feel ready for the first day back.

The question, it seems to me, is this: are your students ready for you? My guess is they're a whole helluva lot less well prepped for you than you are for them.

The question, it seems to me, is this: are your students ready for you? My guess is they're a whole helluva lot less well prepped for you than you are for them.
Is anybody really prepared for Eilan? ;):D

(you know I love ya dear! ) :kiss:
Week 1 of 5 will be over tomorrow. Things are fine, at least from my POV.

One student ran like hell after the first day. Not only did she withdraw from my summer class, she also dropped the class she was scheduled to take with me this fall. :devil:

One student ran like hell after the first day. Not only did she withdraw from my summer class, she also dropped the class she was scheduled to take with me this fall. :devil:

I only had one instructor that I ran from in college. It was a math bitch who didn't know how to teach, then made you feel like shit because you didn't know that you were only supposed to do half of what she was assigning for homework. Never EVER in 14 years of schooling had I been assigned work that I wasn't supposed to complete, what makes this idiot think I'd know any different just because I had the misfortune of signing up for her class. Add to that that her class conflicted with another more important class I had which meant I'd miss one day a week and she became intolerable. Two days in that environment was two days too many and I dropped her like a hot rock.

Not saying there is a correlation, I just thought I'd share a story ... :D

I only had one instructor that I ran from in college. It was a math bitch who didn't know how to teach, then made you feel like shit because you didn't know that you were only supposed to do half of what she was assigning for homework. Never EVER in 14 years of schooling had I been assigned work that I wasn't supposed to complete, what makes this idiot think I'd know any different just because I had the misfortune of signing up for her class. Add to that that her class conflicted with another more important class I had which meant I'd miss one day a week and she became intolerable. Two days in that environment was two days too many and I dropped her like a hot rock.

Not saying there is a correlation, I just thought I'd share a story ... :D
I'm only a math bitch in the morning. :cool:

Some students think summer classes are blowoff sessions. When they get to my class and realize that they're expected to do 15 weeks' worth of work in five weeks--and that I'm dead serious about it--they look for other options.

Well done! :D

This seems a good enough thread as any to blurt out the thought that's been running around my head for a few days or weeks even...

I'm craving what it's like to kiss a girl and have a woman play with my breasts... Just undeniably curious all of a sudden... I think.

My step-cousin was murdered recently (condolences aren't really necessary, as we were never close and I haven't seen him in at least 15 years). One of my former students was among the people arrested in connection with the murder.

Sigh. :(

There's never a convenient time to have a stomach virus. But....it especially sucks to have one while on vacation! :mad:

There's never a convenient time to have a stomach virus. But....it especially sucks to have one while on vacation! :mad:

:rose: Hope you are feeling better.

Had my first day of work on Monday--and took the train.
Apparently, after never being motion sick in my entire life, the train makes me want to hurl. Not cool, not cool at all. Next time I go down, it will be in my car.

:rose: Hope you are feeling better.

Had my first day of work on Monday--and took the train.
Apparently, after never being motion sick in my entire life, the train makes me want to hurl. Not cool, not cool at all. Next time I go down, it will be in my car.

Sweety I think that's a great idea, but please make sure you pull over, safety first you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back