Have you ever been drawn...

an "art project", eh? I should have tried that one!:)

And did you see the finished project?
Your thoughts on the process and results?

I was of course suspicious but I did see the finished piece! I was one of several bottoms, as part of an exhibition about body confidence, women come in all shapes and sizes, that sort of thing.
I thought it was all quite wonderful really, from start to finish. It was very flattering to have been chosen of course, and the process would undoubtedly have been a bit embarrassing if it wasn't for the fact that the artist was a very close friend of mine. At the end, seeing it on the wall gave me a great sense of pride, and the positive feedback from the project was well worth the effort. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I don't know what happened to my bottom afterwards...if anyone has it I wouldn't mind seeing it again!

I was of course suspicious but I did see the finished piece! I was one of several bottoms, as part of an exhibition about body confidence, women come in all shapes and sizes, that sort of thing.
I thought it was all quite wonderful really, from start to finish. It was very flattering to have been chosen of course, and the process would undoubtedly have been a bit embarrassing if it wasn't for the fact that the artist was a very close friend of mine. At the end, seeing it on the wall gave me a great sense of pride, and the positive feedback from the project was well worth the effort. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I don't know what happened to my bottom afterwards...if anyone has it I wouldn't mind seeing it again!

So each bottom was a separate "work" but displayed collectively?

The mold was made and then a positive was cast from that? In what material?

Sometimes with a close friend, the process has potential for more embarrassment — depending on the nature and extent of the "closeness". I am glad to hear that it was a positive bare ass experience, rather than a negative/embarrassing one.;)

My brother is a rather famous painter, in his old days, now , like me.
I have a portrait of me as11 years old boy, proving my grandson is really my descendant.
Being 8 years older than me he was in art school at the time.
I modelled a lot for him. He made once a death mask of me.
I still remember how the gypsum was drying on my face, paper tubes in my nose...

It seems there are less and less "rather famous painter"s these days, though many many more talented ones all the time. "Fame" tend to be somewhat elusive.

To be nit picky — your brother did not actually make a "death mask" of you, as you were not dead (therefore the need for the breathing tubes)then and do not appear to be now. *whew*! :) It's a life-cast, much like what MrsMellowCake experienced, but from the other end.

I've had a few people over the years just take my photos and digitally turn them into sketch design. And then say "tada!" :rolleyes:

Many years ago i was a life model at collage for a few years

Did you enjoy it? Or was it "just work"?

I know that some models get off on it, at least to a degree.
One has to be be, at very least "confident" if not a bit of an extrovert.

My favorite models were actresses/dancers because the had a certain awareness and sense "presentation"... right down to their hands.

Some, were "models" in name only, living lumps.

Did you enjoy it? Or was it "just work"?

I know that some models get off on it, at least to a degree.
One has to be be, at very least "confident" if not a bit of an extrovert.

My favorite models were actresses/dancers because the had a certain awareness and sense "presentation"... right down to their hands.

Some, were "models" in name only, living lumps.

It was ok i did not mind it but your right its not for someone who is shy and you get paid for standing still

It was ok i did not mind it but your right its not for someone who is shy and you get paid for standing still

Some could not... "stand still".:rolleyes:

In general, we had better quality at Art School than at the local Art Center, BUT my all time favorite model was at the Art Center, so....... *shrug*

Many years ago, a small group of art school graduates hired a model to pose at a private studio, that was nice. Perhaps, someday, I'll be able to do that on my own.
I've only had a few "one on one" sessions.

In college, about a million years ago, I posed for a life study class one semester for the cash.
semi-easy-ish cash.

Cave paintings, I gather.:cool:

None that I am aware of.....
none of what?

no desire to be drawn...?
No drawings made of you?

drawings from photos are not the same, so you would likely know if someone was drawing you. Though I have done drawings surreptitiously ( at cafés or airports).

A few years ago I commissioned an artist to do some drawings of me, for my boyfriend. I posed for him for a few hours, he did a few pieces. Beautiful pastels. I love them still, had them framed and they hang in our bedroom.

I have an old thread I am a cartoonist. I tired to draw some people on here but didn't go over that great. It's still up I think.

A few years ago I commissioned an artist to do some drawings of me, for my boyfriend. I posed for him for a few hours, he did a few pieces. Beautiful pastels. I love them still, had them framed and they hang in our bedroom.

Nice that your boyfriend was not the jealous sort.

I have an old thread I am a cartoonist. I tired to draw some people on here but didn't go over that great. It's still up I think.

"cartooning" is a bit of a different "animal"

The tendency tends to be less "sensual" or "erotic".

Not sure why it didn't go over well...?

Back