Hate feedback that is wrong!

Haters!

Anonymous posted this feedback on my story !

"NEEDS A LOT OF WORK!!!!! TRY SOMETHING ELSE IN LIFE BECAUSE WRITING IS NOT YOUR FORTE."

The guy (or gal) doesn't have the guts to register and post like the rest of us, or the guts to write a story ! Man, this is just wrong, in my opinion.

Yeah, hate people like that.

What's that expression? 'Never ridicule someone's pronunciation, as if they are wrong, they learnt that word from reading.'

I use all y'all and all y'alls as often as I can. Love 'em both. I've been trying to incorporate another Foxworthyism whenever I can too ... ustacould.

'Ustacould hear all y'all a heap more often'.

But silly shit like 'superplural'? Ain't go no use a'tal for that rot.

Just got this little gem, feedback for 'Rag Doll Ch6 pt 2' from Anon, of course:

'Ur storeis will nebber be numba 1 becuz ur a troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U kno it.'

I don't know where that came from, or why, or what he/she hoped to accomplish, but no anger or anguish is felt, just deep sympathy for their parents' and their efforts to educate this dolt, obviously their attempts at imparting wisdom fell on some very infertile soil...

I left the comment up because I don't speak idiot and it makes a refreshing change to read such utter drivel, go take a look if you like, perhaps this is Orwellian New-Speak making itself felt, or this chump can only type with his thumbs and communicate in text gibberish...

I left the comment up because I don't speak idiot and it makes a refreshing change to read such utter drivel, go take a look if you like, perhaps this is Orwellian New-Speak making itself felt, or this chump can only type with his thumbs and communicate in text gibberish...

I took a look. Commenting like that on a nearly 5-year-old story? As near as I can interpret the rubbish, he seems to have an axe to grind. Do you suppose this is one of the trolls that votes down everything on the toplist but "Threads: The Island"?

I took a look. Commenting like that on a nearly 5-year-old story? As near as I can interpret the rubbish, he seems to have an axe to grind. Do you suppose this is one of the trolls that votes down everything on the toplist but "Threads: The Island"?

I have no doubt about it; sad, sorry little drone, this is obviously the way he gets his jollies, which I think is supposed to get my goat, but it's hard to be angry with such a pathetically trivial nonentity

Had two anonymous comments which, based on the grammatical errors and tone, are from the same person. They were pleased to tell me I'm a sociopath who should avoid writing at all costs. Eh, whatever. I'm sorry you missed the disclaimer at the head of every chapter with content warnings, the tags, and the category it was in.

A comment just disappeared off one of my stories. I have no idea which one. I find that curious because I had no problem with anything that was there. It had to be a mod.

Maybe someone got booted and all their comments deleted?

A comment just disappeared off one of my stories. I have no idea which one. I find that curious because I had no problem with anything that was there. It had to be a mod.

Maybe someone got booted and all their comments deleted?
Could be. BTW I dunno if any beyond Laurel and Manu have power to remove comments.

I suppose I could regularly, obsessively, download the statistics file, feed it to a spreadsheet, and see my overall totals of faves, views, votes, average score, and comments. I could even sort those by category and date. But I otherwise have no idea whether those counts rise or fall, or when, except that I see my sole LW winner sliding below 4.5. The Activity page tells me when comments are made, but not when deleted. It tells me of faves received but not those removed. Total activity? Not quite.

How do you get a stats file?
Go to the My Stories page in your User Control Panel. A few lines down is:
SORT BY: TITLE A-Z . DATE . COMMENTS . FAVORITES . RATING . VIEWS​
At the far right is an arrow-into-book icon. Mouseover and see DOWNLOAD STORY STATS. Click it and voila!

agreed!

Just got one from a person who doesn't appear to know what a g spot is, and who "feels" their 3rd-grade English usage is a set of hard and fast rules for adults.

After my last post here I got this anonymously

"Hey, don't get all pissy because I pointed out how many mistakes you make in your writing that reveal your level of illiteracy. See how many compliments you get for your stuff on the forum. Gee, that would be ZERO. LOL! Put your little dick away and concentrate on learning how to write in basic, fifth-grade English. Good luck. "

Dear Anonymous,

1) I'm not writing fifth grade English - because my target audience is not fifth-grade readers.

2) If you publicly spray insulting terms in the manner of one; then you can expect to be ridiculed publicly, particularly if you include comments that demonstrate a basic ignorance of human sexual anatomy on a site which is, shall we say, heavily focused on that topic. Had you worded your comment civilly I might have posted here with the two different sets of punctuation with a "Hey, guys, which do you think reads better?" question rather than ridiculing you.

3) Try reading your first sentence above out loud (as I was taught to many years ago in English literature) as written, and then get back to me about commas.

If you can't be civil - don't expect civility.

After my last post here I got this anonymously

"Hey, don't get all pissy because I pointed out how many mistakes you make in your writing that reveal your level of illiteracy. See how many compliments you get for your stuff on the forum. Gee, that would be ZERO. LOL! Put your little dick away and concentrate on learning how to write in basic, fifth-grade English. Good luck. "

Dear Anonymous,

1) I'm not writing fifth grade English - because my target audience is not fifth-grade readers.

2) If you publicly spray insulting terms in the manner of one; then you can expect to be ridiculed publicly, particularly if you include comments that demonstrate a basic ignorance of human sexual anatomy on a site which is, shall we say, heavily focused on that topic. Had you worded your comment civilly I might have posted here with the two different sets of punctuation with a "Hey, guys, which do you think reads better?" question rather than ridiculing you.

3) Try reading your first sentence above out loud (as I was taught to many years ago in English literature) as written, and then get back to me about commas.

If you can't be civil - don't expect civility.

Probably got the same troll except he uses fourth grade comments. He's hit several stories with it so I wouldn't waste the time to respond. While I don't like to delete comments he got my first "click". He's not a reader and no longer has privileges to sit at the table with the adults.

Probably got the same troll except he uses fourth grade comments. He's hit several stories with it so I wouldn't waste the time to respond. While I don't like to delete comments he got my first "click". He's not a reader and no longer has privileges to sit at the table with the adults.

Thanks - as a sort of a noob here if not to writing or d/s its great to know from other writers that this sort of troglodytic dross isn't only trying to jerk itself off on my shoes!

At least as writers, we can all reflect that we expend our energies on creating rather than being too much of a coward to even do anything respectable in the way of attempted destruction!

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4651310&page=submissions

I was a journalist for a decade and I write according to stylebook, it's so annoying when anon go off on feedback about incorrect grammar or punctuation and they are completely wrong.

I'm a Marine, so it particularly sucks when somebody in military goes off on me for not doing title right.

For the record, sergeant is not capitalized unless it's in front of a name, then it's Sgt. Etc. I get this one a lot, even had people tell me I'm a faker because I don't know proper military titles.

Just a vent.

Grammar seems to be the most common complaint stories get in comments. Even in stories in which there are only a few very minor errors.

I wouldn't sweat it.

My Feedback

I appreciate all the authors who take the time to write stories and post them. Of course the ones I give 5-stars to are wonderful and fabulous. But even the stories I don't like, I appreciate the author's willingness to write and post. And most authors, if they stay with it, improve their craft over time.

Thank you to ALL authors who take the time to write and post!

I don't think you should be allowed to give feedback anonymously.

Pretty sure you can turn that on, actually. Not sure if that's on a per-story or account-wide basis, but I've heard of the option before. Turning it on means only people that are logged in will be able to comment on your stories. No idea if it affects the emails though, but my guess is that that would be included in that too.

Back