It's time for single-payer

'Tired European Socialism'...

Any European system is much, much better than the US health care.

If you're devising a system of anything, you look at the existing arrangements and see if you can improve them - or at least match. Not many folks deliberately try to devise a worse system than the rest of the world.

Medical cost is the major cause of bankruptcy in the US and most people taking bankruptcy for medical reasons HAVE INSURANCE.

Trouble is that every Democrat is obliged to try to destroy anything that any Republican proposes and vice versa. And screw the public, because democracy or some bollocks.

Anyone with intelligence would ask those with experience how they do it, because experience equals learning from your mistakes. Sure the UK NHS isn't perfect; new procedures are expensive and the budget struggles sometimes. This is mainly because it was established during the post-war austerity without an existing fund, so people instantly had full benefits without previously paying anything. So we are constantly paying 'in arrears'.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious, watching the politicians hurl insults at reasonable propositions just because the other side made them.

And calling anything that isn't yours 'communism' or 'socialism' because that's a game-ending insult is pathetic.
 
This is great news for the American people.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) plans to introduce his "Medicare for all" single-payer healthcare bill after Congress returns in September.
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/346589-sanders-plans-to-introduce-single-payer-bill-next-month

Republicans already offered that in a put-up-or-shut-up repeal and replace; it didn't get a single vote.

Progressive California already considered it and decided that it would completely ruin their economy and they abandoned the idea. How does that work on a national basis better than it would work in California?
 
Washington's inability to fix Obamacare is doing lasting damage to the American people. We need a healthcare plan that benefits ALL Americans.

It's time to adopt Bernie's single-payer healthcare plan.

Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind
https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/

Wait a minute. I thought we could keep our plans, keep our doctors, and save $2,500 a year on health care.
Those were the promises made by the government.
Now you say if we don't fix the miracle that is Obamacare lasting damage will be done to the American people who can't keep their plan or doctor and sure as hell aren't saving $2,500 a year on health care.
Tristyn, why do you think government can do something with health care that benefits all Americans?

BTW, my wife is on Medicare. It's not that great.
 
Tromp promised USA the biggest, best, most beautiful universal healthcare system for US$12 a month premium. Let's hold him to that.
 

The U.S. had the world's best and most efficacious healthcare in the world. Why do you suppose the overwhelming majority of foreign nationals with serious disease seek treatment in the U.S.?

ONT]


The US health system never was the best. Your second sentence is nonsense which you cannot in any way support with facts.

The US System is good technically but no better or worse than at least 20 others - every one of which is much cheaper. Swiss, German, French, Italian, Scandinavian, Oz, Dutch, UK, Canadian, NZ, Japanese, Singaporean, for examples are all first rate and all have problems but nothing on the US magnitude. To get your eyes fixed Russia is a decent option!

The US has a wealth system to benefit a few interest groups . Everyone else has a health system. The US system probably has to get worse before it can be fixed - and then not on a Nationwide scale. The optimum size internationally seems to be systems that service between about 7 to 25 million people. Any bigger and Bureaucracy becomes centralized massive and counter productive.

Bernie the parasite Sanders is not the answer to anything and almost certainly no Federal centralized system is the answer. There is a case for having a single re-insurer for the whole market and using that to strangle the Insurance companies, the Pharmaceutical Industry, and to get Doctors charges under some sort of control, but the system isn't wrecked enough yet.

This is a creative destruction scenario and more destruction is needed before the fundamental issues can be fixed. Otherwise the vested interests will just shift the deck chairs for their own benefit.
 
Here's what's in Bernie Sanders' 'Medicare for all' bill

Sanders' plan is a "single-payer" plan. That means the government will be the "single payer" on any health expenses. Right now, there are lots and lots of payers in the U.S. health care system — insurance companies, the federal government, states and so on.

"Medicare for All"? Not quite. Sanders calls his plan "Medicare for All," but that's more of a handy slogan than reality, as this plan would greatly expand Medicare and overhaul it — for example, it would greatly expand the type of coverage offered and also eliminate deductibles, copays and premiums. Private insurance companies are also currently a part of the Medicare system. That wouldn't be the case under Sanders' plan.

Phased in over time.
The Sanders plan wouldn't extend insurance to all Americans immediately; rather, it would do it over four years (and would, as stated above, greatly change the program). The first year, the Medicare eligibility age would be lowered to 55. That would move to 45 and then to 35 over the following two years, until finally, in the fourth year, everyone would be covered.

Covers all sorts of things. Sanders proposes generous coverage that goes well beyond what Medicare currently covers, and even well beyond what many people's private insurance plans cover. His plan would cover dental and vision care, for example, which are, for the most part, not covered by Medicare.

Payment is unclear. A generous plan that covers all Americans is going to require more revenue. There's no exact plan for how to pay for Sanders' bill, but he did on Wednesday afternoon release a list of potential payment options. Among the proposals: a 7.5 percent payroll tax on employers, a 4 percent individual income tax and an array of taxes on wealthier Americans, as well as corporations. In addition, Sanders' plan says the end of big health insurance-related tax expenditures, like employers' ability to deduct insurance premiums, would save trillions of dollars.
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/14/550768280/heres-whats-in-bernie-sanders-medicare-for-all-bill
 
The US health system never was the best. Your second sentence is nonsense which you cannot in any way support with facts.

More idiotic news...

Your sentense is nonsense, and so much so, you have crossed into the complete idiot zone vs the semi one i thought you were in.

Butters? Complete waste of brains.

Pointless? Well, he is pointless indeed.

I won't waste my time replying to each one but:

The US is by far the best place for anyone to get healthcare, and foreigners pay large sums to get risky surgeries here. And the whole world depends on US research and r & d and tech, innovation. There is no comparison.


Single payer will reduce quality, cust service, .... less effective treatment for lack of funds, etc. its the nature of socialism..

Ok, once, when i lived in a single payer, the lady calls, secretary in a hospital, says "yes this is so and so, i need this, your apt is on that date".

She almost hung up if i didn't quickly interrupt and say i have a question, to which she impatiently replied.

This is a puny meaningless example. Your whole relationship with healthcare changes. Since its prepaid by all, it starts to be called 'free', and ppl dispensing it start abusing their monopoly roles... Then, you will find private starting to sprout again for those who want better. And if you live in a shitty state like that province de caca, the majority idiots will ban & shutdown private clinics coz they dont want anyone getting better care than them...

Bernie Sanders is a retard.

Only the low income ppl want single payer. Face it.

I benefited then of a single payer, and i regret it. I am not worth putting everyone else's healthcare and quality of life in the gutter.
 
No productive American is going to buy into the further Sovietization of our health care system. No thinking American wants the same people running the TSA, Amtrack, and the VA running their health care system. It cannot and will not succeed. The government simply isn't smart enough or capable enough to run our health care system.

VA is one of the largest and most cost effective health care systems in the world. It should be used as a model for future US health care.


"Soovietization" :rolleyes: FFS, more then half the country is already on some kind of government plan, and that number will only increase with an aging population. Stop with the knee-jerk reactions and 50s era scare tactics.
 
No productive American is going to buy into the further Sovietization of our health care system. No thinking American wants the same people running the TSA, Amtrack, and the VA running their health care system. It cannot and will not succeed. The government simply isn't smart enough or capable enough to run our health care system.

You get your Federal social security check each month without fail, and MoochieMcMigraines gets his Federal "disability" check each month without fail, but the two of you continue to rail against an "incapable" government.
 
Healthcare & Eduction are key, pivotal, basic and define society.

Can't even slightly compare them to a monthly nudge till u find work...
 
Washington's inability to fix Obamacare is doing lasting damage to the American people. We need a healthcare plan that benefits ALL Americans.

It's time to adopt Bernie's single-payer healthcare plan.

Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind
https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/

Medicare for all would be a vast improvement. People could still buy additional private insurance, just as most currently on Medicare do.
 
Bernie Sanders is a retard.

Only the low income ppl want single payer. Face it.

I benefited then of a single payer, and i regret it. I am not worth putting everyone else's healthcare and quality of life in the gutter.

Bernie is a friggin old line Communist. The son of a bitch never had a job until he was in his 40s and it was at taxpayer expense.

People want single payer because they're too stupid to know what they'll be getting when it arrives.
 
Healthcare & Eduction are key, pivotal, basic and define society.

Can't even slightly compare them to a monthly nudge till u find work...

So clean water, housing and free food are out the window?


;) ;)


Healthcare and Education by a central government are a key component to controlling the lives and minds of those who exist solely to maintain the largess and well-being of the ruling class. All they have to do in return is bestow a minimal life upon those they rule.
 
So clean water, housing and free food are out the window?


;) ;)


Healthcare and Education by a central government are a key component to controlling the lives and minds of those who exist solely to maintain the largess and well-being of the ruling class. All they have to do in return is bestow a minimal life upon those they rule.

Do you think those currently on Medicare have their lives and minds controlled by the government?
 
VA is one of the largest and most cost effective health care systems in the world. It should be used as a model for future US health care.


"Soovietization" :rolleyes: FFS, more then half the country is already on some kind of government plan, and that number will only increase with an aging population. Stop with the knee-jerk reactions and 50s era scare tactics.

Were you born into a Uncle SugarDaddy cuck family, or did you become a cuck simply so taxpayers could pay for the rest of your life?
 
Blue Cross warns GOP repeal bill 'undermines' pre-existing condition rules

The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association warned against a new GOP ObamaCare bill on Wednesday, saying it would "undermine" protections for pre-existing conditions.

"The bill contains provisions that would allow states to waive key consumer protections, as well as undermine safeguards for those with pre-existing medical conditions," the association said in a statement.

The bill would allow states to repeal ObamaCare rules that prevent people with pre-existing conditions from being charged higher premiums. The group, a top association of health insurers, also warned against funding cuts in the bill, saying the block grants it would create could be too small.

"The legislation reduces funding for many states significantly and would increase uncertainty in the marketplace, making coverage more expensive and jeopardizing Americans’ choice of health plans," the statement said.
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-bill-undermines-pre-existing-condition-rules
 
Back
Top