A Picture is Worth a Thousand FAWCs

Why would we need to PM you before we are ready to file the stories? It's just been a couple of days.

It's just a reminder so that, in the case someone does finish their story, they don't accidentally send it to the previous email I was using.

I wont be submitting my tale to FAWC but will write it.

In a nutshell, tho, a nun exposes church shenanigans and is exiled to an uninhabited Caribbean island she imagines is like the photo on her calendar. Her abbess encourages the delusion. The abbess promises the nun that her new work will involve organizing a tropical paradise as a home for a colony of Haitians, a tourist resort will support them.

She rides a fishing trawler to the island where the crew transports her stuff to her cottage, then wait offshore to return at night to murder her. But they are murdered first. The island is a treeless limestone rock tween Cuba, Haiti, and Jamaica. Her cottage is a relic from a Coast Guard station abandoned 20 years ago.

The nun collides with their killer the morning after her arrival. He's sitting at her kitchen table drinking coffee. He's a fugitive mafia assassin escaped from prison, and abandoned by his 'friends.' He eats lizards and wild goats, and prevails upon her to betray her vows, and join him for paybacks. They take the trawler to Haiti, sell it, and start over with the money.

So we put TxRad in charge of the photo and we end up with a beach scene. Okay... I can deal with that. Could have been worse.

I could have been in charge of the photo.

1384130_10201420601694416_1675561474_n.jpg

Indiana platypus stories anyone?

Blame a week of hotel coffee.

So many things to do today and then back out of town tomorrow. I will be Fawcking but not here for much else. Working out of town for a couple of months. If my laptop wasn't ancient I might could get it to work so I could get some typing done at the hotel at night. Oh well pen and paper still works.

Pen and paper! Are you Fawcking mad?

Little bit.:D

So we put TxRad in charge of the photo and we end up with a beach scene. Okay... I can deal with that. Could have been worse.

You should have seen the other three options I had. :eek:

I have the beginning of a Phineas and Ferb (all grown up) sitting in my fragments folder. If that was the pic, Perry the Platypus would have discovered that he had a twin. :D

Pen and paper? I never write in pen. I make too many mistakes. .9 mm mechanical pencil and graph paper for me!

I could have been in charge of the photo.

1384130_10201420601694416_1675561474_n.jpg

Indiana platypus stories anyone?

Blame a week of hotel coffee.

So many things to do today and then back out of town tomorrow. I will be Fawcking but not here for much else. Working out of town for a couple of months. If my laptop wasn't ancient I might could get it to work so I could get some typing done at the hotel at night. Oh well pen and paper still works.

Pen and paper! Are you Fawcking mad?

Little bit.:D

I have the beginning of a Phineas and Ferb (all grown up) sitting in my fragments folder. If that was the pic, Perry the Platypus would have discovered that he had a twin.

My wife just saw the picture I posted.

"Oh my god that's so cute I'm Gonna Die!"

With no kids that don't wag their tails and bark I have never see a single episode of Phineas and Ferb. A lot of people I work with have and say it's funny.

My wife just saw the picture I posted.

"Oh my god that's so cute I'm Gonna Die!"

With no kids that don't wag their tails and bark I have never see a single episode of Phineas and Ferb. A lot of people I work with have and say it's funny.

I read somewhere that the creators say that it wasn't created specifically for kids, but to not exclude them. I actually enjoy the show. Lots of references that kids wouldn't get, including a Shawshank thing- "I didn't say I'm the guy who gets things. I said I'm the guy who knows how to get things."

http://youtu.be/iBuhkDbZ7_s

(I did research on the show in order to do a Phineas and Ferb themed Spanish lesson on the present progressive tense- A Series of Whatcha Doins.)

I don't see instructions on how to set the title up or the wording of the introductory paragraph. Or whether you want "FAWC" as the first keyword tag. Could you repeat/give those instructions again? Thanks.

I was going to ask the same thing, Pilot, so I'm glad you did.

This story is taking on a life of its own and not going in the direction I'd quite intended. But so far, it's working ...:rolleyes:

I don't see instructions on how to set the title up or the wording of the introductory paragraph. Or whether you want "FAWC" as the first keyword tag. Could you repeat/give those instructions again? Thanks.

I was going to ask the same thing, Pilot, so I'm glad you did.

This story is taking on a life of its own and not going in the direction I'd quite intended. But so far, it's working ...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reminder. I have updated the first post with additional information.

A suggestion for the intro paragraph, sans categories and with the tags now at the end of the story, it might be a good idea to add, at the end of the explanation paragraph: "The tags for this specific story are: x, x, etc."). That way if a reader flips out on content, they will have been given fair warning as long as it was covered in the tags.

Last edited:
Quick Question -

Maybe this was already answered and I just missed it.

Is the photo going to be available to the readers, perhaps included in the story? That way the image can be referenced, and there's less explanation of that component necessary?

I think I've actually got an idea. We'll know better by around midnight, if the muse sticks around for a bit.

Quick Question -

Is the photo going to be available to the readers, perhaps included in the story? That way the image can be referenced, and there's less explanation of that component necessary?

I think I've actually got an idea. We'll know better by around midnight, if the muse sticks around for a bit.

I wondered that too, but didn't think to ask.

Quick Question -

I pondered this, and two things occurred to me:

1. If we include the actual picture in the story, then all entries would probably have to go into the Illustrated section, which, I believe, has among the lowest readership, even lower than Chain Stories.

2. We can't hyperlink anything inside a story, as per Lit's guidelines, so including a link to the picture isn't doable.

I think the only way to let readers know what all the stories are based on is to add it to the disclaimer. Something like this:

"All stories in this challenge are based on the same island paradise picture."

But, I'll PM Laurel and see if there is any way we could include the picture.

If all else fails, perhaps I can just add TxRad's picture to FAWCker's profile, and indicate at the beginning of the story that the picture we used can be found there. That just might work.

If all else fails, perhaps I can just add TxRad's picture to FAWCker's profile, and indicate at the beginning of the story that the picture we used can be found there. That just might work.

I was going to suggest this before you posted on it. Lit. does seem to permit links internal to Literotica. You might ask if the photo could be parked at the top of a thread here or someplace else on Literotica and an internal link to it provided from each story. Would have to add wording to that effect in the intro paragraph then.

Back