What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear fellow cupcake lovers,
My son thinks I'm crazy but I have always eaten cupcakes this way. I take the bottom half of the cake part and put it on top of the frosting, making a sandwich. It keeps the frosting from getting all over my upper lip/nose and ensures you get a good cake to frosting ratio with each bite.
Anyone else do this?

Loverskitten, I do that! I learned it from my grandmother, who also always ate cupcakes that way. It becomes like a huge cake Oreo. Plus, no frosting up your nose (this always happens to me when I try to eat cupcakes the "regular" way).

For me, it was this morning getting to wait on one of my favorite customers at the restaurant. He's so cute! If I weren't attached, I'd be all over him.

Dear fellow cupcake lovers,
My son thinks I'm crazy but I have always eaten cupcakes this way. I take the bottom half of the cake part and put it on top of the frosting, making a sandwich. It keeps the frosting from getting all over my upper lip/nose and ensures you get a good cake to frosting ratio with each bite.
Anyone else do this?
I haven't done this before... but it sounds like a great idea. Next time I think I can eat something that sweet/rich, I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks for the idea! :rose:

There was Brie at a meal at work tody and a woman tried it for the first time. She asked me if it was cheese, I said yes, she tasted it and said it was really good. Then she said it smells weird, kind of like fish, and so I told her it is made from fish-milk.
-Really? she said
-Yeah, no, fish don't really give milk...
We both got a good laugh out of that one.

There was Brie at a meal at work tody and a woman tried it for the first time. She asked me if it was cheese, I said yes, she tasted it and said it was really good. Then she said it smells weird, kind of like fish, and so I told her it is made from fish-milk.
-Really? she said
-Yeah, no, fish don't really give milk...
We both got a good laugh out of that one.

LOL - that story made me laugh. I am going to have to remember to try it on someone!

:D

A convert! A convert!

I wouldn't call myself a convert just yet, but I think I'm getting there. :)

I eat my cupcakes with a fork. It's the only way I can think of to get frosting on each bite. The LK's sandwitch style sounds promising, but there's still the problem of the cupcake being too high. Wouldn't you have to nibble just some of the cake first to make it thinner?

But then again, I'm not the die hard cupcake fanatic that some(one) here are (is, yes K, I'm talking about you!).

“Robin smirked. “In five minutes I could find you a tanker truck of boysenberry-flavored self-warming body oil and six men and women willing to apply it. Care to put it to the test?”

Excerpt From: Thurman, Rob. “Slashback.” Penguin Group, USA, 2013-02-03. iBooks.

“Robin smirked. “In five minutes I could find you a tanker truck of boysenberry-flavored self-warming body oil and six men and women willing to apply it. Care to put it to the test?”

Excerpt From: Thurman, Rob. “Slashback.” Penguin Group, USA, 2013-02-03. iBooks.
Why do I hear Barney saying, "Challenge... accepted!"?

this thread is awesome.

getting to see all the happy smiley stuff in other people's lives.

:D :D

thanks guys

:kiss: :rose: :heart:

This is what I saw when I looked down at my feet about noon today! Did I miss something, or was it "wear-two-different-shoes-to-work-Thursday"?

Man, did I laugh out loud!. And of course there were customers around who took part in my hilariousness!! :D

Guess for a few people, I made their day!

2nd day at round 2 of PT for the bionic shoulder, and I'm getting gold stars and gaining range of motion.

This is what I saw when I looked down at my feet about noon today! Did I miss something, or was it "wear-two-different-shoes-to-work-Thursday"?

Man, did I laugh out loud!. And of course there were customers around who took part in my hilariousness!! :D

My Dad, who was a big shot in aerospace back in the space race day, convinced a fellow engineer that wearing two different colored socks was the latest trend.
Btw, Thanks for the story memory :)

I've done the same when I lived in a ridiculously dark apartment and the lightbulb in my hallway had blown. I had the same pair of winter boots in two colors, so I ended up wearing one black and one brown. I only went to buy groceries, though, so it's pretty tame compared to what happened to you. :D

And once, when I was talking on the phone while getting dressed, I put on J's shoes instead of my own. I had just bought new shoes and commented to my friend on the phone that my shoes felt weird, maybe I should have bought the smaller size after all. It wasn't until I couldn't get the laces tightened up enough that I realized what was wrong. My shoe size is 39 (8 in the US), his is 48 (13.5 in the US). So yeah, no wonder they felt weird.

Sometimes I just get so distracted that I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I've been known to respond to a conversation in a wrong language, too.

I am about to walk into the final interview for my dream job.

Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease.....

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts.

The new thread is here (clickie!).

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back