What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama's Official Photo

posted in most Federal office's today. When you see it, you'll understand the amusement following the overheard conversation today, "Uh, he wasn't framed correctly for that picture, was he."

today's text from Master: wild thing. you make my heart sing. steppenwolf.

made me grin and giggle :cattail::heart:

Rain. Rain!! Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain!!!!! I turned off the fan. I put on a t-shirt. I drank hot chocolate!! So nice and cool. Ah. Rain.

The fact that a little kissy smilie face IM made my heart skip a beat and totally forgot about work for a few minutes.

Such a little thing, but it means so much. :heart:

-the bruises that are just starting to fade:D

-reaffirming my crush on the very delectable david duchovny. :eek:

knowing my evil plan came to frution and she thought it wouldnt.. ;) love it love it..

I know shell know by the time she reads this how we threw her off.. Love ya

A teacher was doing a study testing the senses (taste) of first graders using a bowl of lifesavers. The children began to identify the flavors by their color:

Red.......................Cherry
Yellow.................Lemon
Green..................Lime
Orange...............Orange

Finally the teacher gave them all HONEY lifesavers. After eating them, none of the children could identify the taste.
'Well,' she said, 'I will give you all a clue. It's what your mother may sometimes call your father.'
One little girl looked up in horror, spit her lifesaver out and yelled,
“Oh my God!! They're ass-holes!!”

LMAO!

:rose:

A teacher was doing a study testing the senses (taste) of first graders using a bowl of lifesavers. The children began to identify the flavors by their color:

Red.......................Cherry
Yellow.................Lemon
Green..................Lime
Orange...............Orange

Finally the teacher gave them all HONEY lifesavers. After eating them, none of the children could identify the taste.
'Well,' she said, 'I will give you all a clue. It's what your mother may sometimes call your father.'
One little girl looked up in horror, spit her lifesaver out and yelled,
“Oh my God!! They're ass-holes!!”

Condatis spanking my ass and sending me back to bed this morning.

Hearing him say I love you and feeling his love.

Plans for later

If you were a little girl in the 70's...

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.

You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island .

You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill'. People sometimes thought you were a boy.

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.

YEAH! You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide', on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.

You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once!

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the sunshine family

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!)

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals.

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Oleson!

You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink! ---- yes it was!

PONG! ('video tennis' ) was the most remarkable futuristic game you've ever heard of !

Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty' with the comb you kept in your back pocket. When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off' .

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside some were glass inside and broke the first time you dropped them.

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!

It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry. Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy?'

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album.

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.)

You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. (?? its not??)

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbowdesigns.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first 'real' perfume you ever owned.

You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off.

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.

You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island .

You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill'. People sometimes thought you were a boy.

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.

YEAH! You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide', on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.

You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once!

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the sunshine family

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!)

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals.

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Oleson!

You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink! ---- yes it was!

PONG! ('video tennis' ) was the most remarkable futuristic game you've ever heard of !

Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty' with the comb you kept in your back pocket. When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off' .

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside some were glass inside and broke the first time you dropped them.

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!

It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry. Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy?'

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album.

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.)

You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. (?? its not??)

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbowdesigns.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first 'real' perfume you ever owned.

You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off.

Oh my. I love it!

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. yes

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it. yes

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels. yes

You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!) yes

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island . yes

You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill'. People sometimes thought you were a boy. yes

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days. no (lived in the south)

YEAH! You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide', on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once. yes

You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once! yes

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession. yes

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers. yes

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. yes

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the sunshine family no

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once. yes

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!) yes

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals. yes

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Oleson! yes

You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink! ---- yes it was! no

PONG! ('video tennis' ) was the most remarkable futuristic game you've ever heard of ! yes

Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty' with the comb you kept in your back pocket. When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off' . no

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie. yes

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside some were glass inside and broke the first time you dropped them. yes

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend. yes

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too! yes

It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags! yes

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry. Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy?' no

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album. yes

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom. yes

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts! yes

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker. yes

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat. no

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.) yes

You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. (?? its not??) yes

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbowdesigns. yes

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer. no

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first 'real' perfume you ever owned. yes

You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off.yes

Thanks for the giggles KC. :rose:

If you totally loved the 80's and, you know, were born in like the late 60's to mid 70's, then you just like totally belong here!

If you remember:

rolling your pants tight at the ankles (as I still occasionally do today)
neon clothes
the new coke (which sucked)
Rick Springfield (the original Dr. McDreamy)
Duran Duran (the original British Simon)
The Breakfast Club
Reganomics
The Corey's
Pretty in Pink
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Back to the Future (all 3)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and wanting to be like Ferris or Sloan
Played Atari 2600
Played ColecoVision
Walkmans (the ipod of the 80's)
Played the good Arcade games
Wanting to be a part of the Cannonball Run
Went roller skating on Saturday night
Tears for Fears, and wanted to "shout" or "rule the world"
Guys in Levi's and Gals in Vanderbilt's
Culture Club
Rubik's Cubes
Magnum P.I.
The A-Team
MacGyver
A.L.F.
Pac-Man
Dynamite and Teen Beat magazine
Miami Vice (and guys who wanted a 5 o'clock shadow)
Skinny Ties
Docker's
Esprit
Acid washed Guess
Izod
Feathered hair in the early 80's and mullets in the late 80's
(admit it, we all had feathered and/or mulleted hair!)
metal band shirts
and more, once they come back to me.
And if you remember ANY of the items mentioned above, then you totally belong, you know, like tubular!

Stand proud that you were an 80's teen, cause like being a teen in the 80's ruled man! Like totally, fer-sure!

There will never be another time period as original as the 80's!

And dude, like if I forgot anything, don't have a cow, like just let me know, okaaaay?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back