Need some advice from you friendly authors

SuperWriter

Experienced
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Posts
63
I'm in the process of emailing literary agents my Novel Manuscript but have a few problems I was hoping any one of you could help with.

1) I have 2 novels i think are good and honestly don't know which to pitch, should I do both? Or just mention the other to them? Both are Fantasy

2) I have this novel where people in the world are born with abilities; superpowers, like X-MEN. Is that Scf-fi? Fantasy? Urban Fantasy? There's also a lizard race who can talk in it
 
I work for publishers and deal with agents. Pitch one book at a time. Take your best shot. Let them come up with the question of whether there are more, and, if so, what. Don't gush or overload them with what you have. Can't answer the second question.
 
And this maybe teaching you to suck eggs but agents do specialize so target well. You better make sure you know what niche you're in when you fire it in. Having a really outstanding covering letter is going to help as well because that's your one and only chance to get those eyes to look at the first couple of pages of your novel. Anyhow, there's more published authors here that have way more experience and expertise than me....
 
I work for publishers and deal with agents. Pitch one book at a time. Take your best shot. Let them come up with the question of whether there are more, and, if so, what. Don't gush or overload them with what you have. Can't answer the second question.

[Comment removed.]
 
Last edited:
I would strongly urge you to have a paid editor go over your manuscript before sending it to an agent.

You only have one opportunity to make a first impression. I don't care how many times you go over your own work, something always slips through. Always.

Whether it is a story edit, a line edit, an amalgamation or whatever, different editors offer different services. You can find some on work-for-hire sites and work out a fee.

Good luck and congrats on finishing two manuscripts!
 
Back
Top