Oggbashan remember when you said minorities would turn to the GOP?

LJ_Reloaded

バクスター の
ROTFLMAO the laugh's on you, jack!

Oh and women shifted toward Democrats, too LOL.

Ogg how about singing that "somewhere over the rainbow" song for us next time you talk about minorities becoming GOP voters any time in the next thousand years hahahah

I remember that it was a response to your claim that the GOP would NEVER change.

One election doesn't prove me wrong. NEVER is a very long time scale. The GOP isn't the same as it was two decades ago. It won't be the same in two decades from now despite your insistence that it is fixed for all time.

I remember that it was a response to your claim that the GOP would NEVER change.

One election doesn't prove me wrong. NEVER is a very long time scale. The GOP isn't the same as it was two decades ago. It won't be the same in two decades from now despite your insistence that it is fixed for all time.
Yeah, and who's to say the GOP will even be here then? LOL. Then I guess I would technically be wrong, right? :D

The current crop of Rethugs have been nothing but disgusting towards people of color, the rhetoric has become so nasty.

Why should people of color join what has become a racist party whose only interest is catering to the needs of rich and straight Caucasian men? America is full of diversity!

What sane person of color would do such a thing?

The sad part was that there WAS a time in which the GOP tried to increase minority membership, particularly aimed at Hispanics, but that all got blown to bits once bad orange lacefront started campaigning as a hellraiser.

Demographics is going against them, and their only path to winning is through voter suppression efforts and appealing to the insecure boondock bigots, like how low could you go?

Yeah, and who's to say the GOP will even be here then? LOL. Then I guess I would technically be wrong, right? :D

50 years from now, there will still be an organization called the Republican Party -- which might resemble the present GOP as little as the present organization resembles the GOP of 50 years ago.

Buckminster Fuller used to a do a trick on the lecture circuit: He had a length of cotton rope, hemp rope and silk rope spliced together; he tied a loose half-knot at one end, slid it down to the other, and asked, "Is it still the same knot?" The major American political parties are like that -- the names endure even if their composition and politics change.

As usual, yes - you would be wrong.
The GOP is going to become a third party, or lesser than that, no matter what they do. Whether that makes me wrong or not, that's gonna suck far worse for you than for me.

Minorities and women will never turn back to the GOP under any circumstances. There's nothing the GOP can offer them that the Democrats already don't.

But the GOP knows that to change will mean they will be obliterated. But to not change means they will be obliterated. Which basically means I ain't wrong. But I will look forward to dinosaurs like you twisting in agony as demographics destroys the GOP... no matter what they do.

Ogg isn't all that great about figuring out U.S. politics. No reason why he should be, but no reason why he should try, either.

The GOP is going to become a third party, or lesser than that, no matter what they do.

Then who will be the second party?

But the GOP knows that to change will mean they will be obliterated. But to not change means they will be obliterated. Which basically means I ain't wrong. But I will look forward to dinosaurs like you twisting in agony as demographics destroys the GOP... no matter what they do.

"Obliterated"? No matter how much they lose the confidence of the voters, they can still hang on a very long time on the strength of money and connections. The corporate sector will always want a party it can donate to and that in exchange will serve its interests, therefore such a party will always exist.

Then who will be the second party?
Independents. Look at California for an idea of what will happen.

"Obliterated"? No matter how much they lose the confidence of the voters, they can still hang on a very long time on the strength of money and connections. The corporate sector will always want a party it can donate to and that in exchange will serve its interests, therefore such a party will always exist.
Virtually obliterated. As in, the GOP might actually shatter into splinter groups. But then this could also leave the Democrats in danger of splintering into centrists vs the social Democrat Left, sooooo

Independents. Look at California for an idea of what will happen.

How many independents or third-partisans are there in the CA legislature?

Virtually obliterated. As in, the GOP might actually shatter into splinter groups. But then this could also leave the Democrats in danger of splintering into centrists vs the social Democrat Left, sooooo

The mechanics of winner-take-all single-member-district elections tend naturally to produce and preserve a two-party system. The composition and politics of the parties might change, but there will always be two that matter more than all the others combined. To change that, we would have to change over to proportional representation.

How many independents or third-partisans are there in the CA legislature?
I don't know if there are any at all.

The mechanics of winner-take-all single-member-district elections tend naturally to produce and preserve a two-party system. The composition and politics of the parties might change, but there will always be two that matter more than all the others combined. To change that, we would have to change over to proportional representation.
I wonder how that would affect America? This country is insane. The consequences of such a change cannot be predicted too accurately.

The title of this thread is still a lie.

LJ said the GOP would NEVER change.

I replied that all political parties evolve and change over time and that the GOP would have to change to appeal to voters who wouldn't currently consider it.

I don't know if there are any at all.

I wonder how that would affect America? This country is insane. The consequences of such a change cannot be predicted too accurately.

Look at it this way: If we had PR, a moderate centrist party might emerge. And it would always get its way -- no party would have a majority in Congress, and the left and the right would never join forces on anything, so any bill would require the support of a center-right or center-left coalition to pass. And yet the far-right and the far-left, perhaps even actual White Nationalists and Communists, would still be represented and have their voices heard. Not too dangerous a scenario.

Look at it this way: If we had PR, a moderate centrist party might emerge. And it would always get its way -- no party would have a majority in Congress, and the left and the right would never join forces on anything, so any bill would require the support of a center-right or center-left coalition to pass. And yet the far-right and the far-left, perhaps even actual White Nationalists and Communists, would still be represented and have their voices heard. Not too dangerous a scenario.
The existence of White Nationalists always make a dangerous scenario.

Back