Why have Republicans stopped bragging about the stock market?

Maybe Corporate America isn't coming to Wall Street's rescue after all.

The Dow is set to open down nearly 400 points on Tuesday after major US companies reported gloomy results and guidance. Disappointing numbers from Caterpillar and 3M reinforced ongoing concerns about how long blockbuster profits can last, especially given tariffs and rising costs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/23/investing/stock-market-today-dow/index.html
 

Over 500 points down and continuing to fall. 2% loss for the Dow, wiping out any of the gains seen the day after election day, 2.5% loss for the NASDAQ, and roughly 1.7% loss for the S&P.

Also, here's a bit of interesting facts about this supposed rising market:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-white-house-probably-wont-be-tweeting-this-trump-vs-obama-chart-2018-11-12

UPDATE

Dow craters over 600 points (2.3%), NASDAQ plunges 206 points (2.78%), and S&P loses almost 55 points (a tick under 2%).
 
Last edited:

a giant
hqdefault.jpg
to poster known a "Rory"

whenever he posts the bad numbers, I know it a bottom and GO SHORT QQQ PUTS

as I did Monday

Thx "RORY!


You be makin me $$$$$$$$:D
 
I wonder why Ivanka can use a private Email account for Govt business and it was so criminal when Hillary did? Must be the hypocrisy gene again.
 
I wonder why Ivanka can use a private Email account for Govt business and it was so criminal when Hillary did? Must be the hypocrisy gene again.

Is Ivanka's classified?

Because....that makes a difference you know.

For those of us NOT named Clinton, it's a 10 year mandatory minim to do what she did.

Not that you mind elitism and being above the law as long as it's from (D)'z. :D

Only poor people should go to prison for violating national security and NDA's with the government.
 
I wonder why Ivanka can use a private Email account for Govt business and it was so criminal when Hillary did? Must be the hypocrisy gene again.

The difference you'll see is the level of trust. Just like it always is. They trust that the hundreds of emails weren't problematic, that what they say is true, that all emails have been forwarded.

There will be no further questions, no investigations. They'll take it on faith that it's all okay for Ivanka and the republicans.
 
Is Ivanka's classified?

Because....that makes a difference you know.

For those of us NOT named Clinton, it's a 10 year mandatory minim to do what she did.

Not that you mind elitism and being above the law as long as it's from (D)'z. :D

Only poor people should go to prison for violating national security and NDA's with the government.

The FBI determined that 110 of the Emails were classified. I don't know "boy", you tell me...is the FBI right? Or you?
 
The Dow dropped as many as 596 points, or 2.4%, on Tuesday. Plunging retailers like Target (TGT) and Kohl's (KSS) led the S&P 500 1.7% lower.

Ruh roh.
 
The Dow dropped as many as 596 points, or 2.4%, on Tuesday. Plunging retailers like Target (TGT) and Kohl's (KSS) led the S&P 500 1.7% lower.

Ruh roh.

Market internals are responsible not overall economy indicators, sorry try again.
 
the same POC's that screamed that CuntClintons email scheme was nuthing but

Repoh POUTRAGE

now pretend innocentIvanka's emails are high crimes n shit

STFU, POC's
 
The Obama economy under Trump:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/stock-futures-fall-tech-shares-tumble-130246309.html

Stocks plunged, with the S&P 500 and Dow erasing gains for the year.

The S&P 500 (^GSPC) fell 1.82%, or 48.84 points, as of market close. The Dow (^DJI) tumbled 2.21%, or 551.8 points, and the Nasdaq (^IXIC) fell 1.7%, or 119.65 points.

Both the S&P 500 and the Dow have erased year-to-date gains as of market close Tuesday. Each is now down about 1% this year.


Not looking like we got our moneys worth on the tax cuts for corporations and the upper crust. Hope the rwcj and botanydummy enjoy paying more for the interest!!
 
The market goes up and down, has good periods and bad. It's what it does.
Everyone should want it to do well no matter who's in charge. It affects your life whether you think it does or not.
Not to mention that a whole lot of folks don't really seem to understand how it works.
 
Back
Top