Question about Comments

funwithdpp

Virgin
Are comments on stories pretty rare around here?

My first submission finally went live a couple of days ago and if the views counter is to be believed it's seen a lot of eyeballs, and got a lot of stars, but no comments. I'm just curious. I always prefer comments to upvotes or stars. I can't do anything useful with a star other than pat myself on the back. Comments help me learn what people like and dislike, or what I could have done better. :) I'm all about the criticism.

Yes, there normally are a whole lot more views than comments on stories. That's normal.

Which has nothing to do with to what extent comments appear on the stories.

I was concerned M4M text with audio was just a closed-mouth community, but apparently that's pretty common across the board from your replies and PMs. I appreciate all of your responses and feedback!

One thing you learn around here is that each category is a separate community with its own customs. Some have lots of votes but few comments, some few votes or comments, some lots of both. In some vote averages are high, in some low. Lots of variables.

My first submission finally went live a couple of days ago and if the views counter is to be believed it's seen a lot of eyeballs, and got a lot of stars, but no comments. I'm just curious. I always prefer comments to upvotes or stars. I can't do anything useful with a star other than pat myself on the back. Comments help me learn what people like and dislike, or what I could have done better. :) I'm all about the criticism.

I typically get about one comment for every thousand views, but it varies a lot with the story. From what I can see, it looks as if stroke-y stories get a lot of views but not so many comments (maybe the readers are too busy to type), stuff with more of a story gets a higher rate of commenting. Cheating wives are pretty much guaranteed to get comments, but maybe not the sort you're looking for.

If you want feedback, you could ask on the Story Feedback board.

Post almost anything in Loving Wives and you'll be assured of comments up the wazoo.

Post almost anything not 'mainstream' for a category and be ready for many complaints.

I treasure comments, even (no, especially) the death threats and psychotic episodes.

Provoke your readers to respond. Comments mean you've done your job as author.

I don't read comments any mo. I get nothing useful or interesting. If I get a hankering for YOU SUCK I come here.

I don't read comments any mo. I get nothing useful or interesting. If I get a hankering for YOU SUCK I come here.
You must really like "YOU SUCK" because you're here a LOT! :D

I'm not complaining, you keep it interesting to say the least :rolleyes:

I found this really odd, too.

I last posted on lit almost a decade ago, and comments were both emailed and frequent.

Back