Rock Star and Old Flame

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Posts
28,995
Charles Sanders, aka Blackjack Chuck of the Blackjack Aces, took a double take and had to catch his breath before singing the next hit single "Devil May Care" to the crowd of hardcore fans. There she was....damn that girl.....the girl who tore his heart into pieces ages ago.

Vicki. Damn her. Vicki was in the crowd. Vicki with her short, frosted hair and gray-green eyes. She didn't look a day older than she did eight years ago, the last time he saw her. She had to be forty, but he didn't care. She could still put a lump in his throat and butterflies in his stomach.

Charles buckled down and went ahead into his song. Only "Crazy Ivan", his drummer and best friend, caught on to it. Ivan cared too much about Charles not to see the pain and he remembered what Charles told him about Vicki. He knew the whole damn story.

Charles had a decision to make. To give her a backstage pass or not. Not for the usual, "groupie" stuff necessarily, though sex with Vicki would beat the normal groupie sex by a country mile. No, he WOULD give her a backstage pass, if for no better reason than to talk to her again and see what happened to her. Not to rub it in. That wasn't his style. He didn't want to hurt Vicki. He couldn't hurt her.

Even she hadn't hurt him on purpose. She just couldn't go with him where he wanted to go. They were too different and they wanted too many different things, but he still hungered for her....fiercely. He still loved her, damn it.

Yeah, I'll see her again, just this once. Nothing will come of it but another memory. She couldn't do it before. She can't now. I still don't really know how she feels about me, all these years later. She just turned me down for her own reasons. The timing was wrong, she said. The circumstances. It wasn't against me in principle. Or so she said. It still stung. It still hurt me. But I can't stay mad at her. I never could. She never meant me harm. Of course, if she knew the real me, she'd have other reasons to say "no". Reasons founded in what mothers told their daughters that "nice girls don't do" and social conventions insisting that "respectable" women must expect of men. Either way, nothing would come of this. We would walk away from each other as before. Yeah, that's what will happen.
 
Back
Top