GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all :)
This came up on my YouTube just now and for UK folks, it looks quite interesting: Paris Lees is a tireless worker in the media for trans* issues.

http://www.allabouttrans.org.uk/

btw, I'm now recovered from whatever it is in pizza that hates me: either processed tomatoes or cayenne pepper. Thanks for your wishes :rose: xxx

thank you stickygirl, I am using this material to help with education. :)

Hello all:kiss::kiss::heart: Miss me?

thank you stickygirl, I am using this material to help with education. :)

Hello all:kiss::kiss::heart: Miss me?

I missed you lots and lots :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
and the orchid pics are back, swoon:rose:

Hi Stickygirl,:kiss: the Beaumont Society website is a good resource for intelligent resource material too and has been going as a support organisation since the early 80s at least.

Well the madness of the last few weeks culminated in a big show back in my own hometown for the first time. something till now I have avoided bigtime. it was amazing!

Off to the Glastonbury Festival tomorrow for my annual week of all night clubbing, all day rocking, no sleep and frozen margaritas, such a great way to relax after the manicness that so far has been 2013.

wearing: nothing, im typing while trying to grab a 230am bath

listening to : Hanoi Rocks - Decadent, Dangerous and Delicious {kind of me really }

mood.: tired but excited

Hi all :)
Glastonbury... 135,000 people ... yikes. Well good luck Silky and you obviously know your way around. I have to say the thought of such a big fest kinda freaks me out. I know the Larmer Tree is going to be much smaller but I'm hoping it'll be more chill than thrill.
Summer dresses again. Yay.
Reading - another John Green
Listening to - Daughter
Thinking about - Ice cream :p
((hugs)) all xx

I missed you lots and lots :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
and the orchid pics are back, swoon:rose:

wearing: nothing, im typing while trying to grab a 230am bath

listening to : Hanoi Rocks - Decadent, Dangerous and Delicious {kind of me really }

mood.: tired but excited

lol hellow dear Naughty :kiss::kiss::heart::rose:

Hi all :)
Glastonbury... 135,000 people ... yikes. Well good luck Silky and you obviously know your way around. I have to say the thought of such a big fest kinda freaks me out. I know the Larmer Tree is going to be much smaller but I'm hoping it'll be more chill than thrill.
Summer dresses again. Yay.
Reading - another John Green
Listening to - Daughter
Thinking about - Ice cream :p
((hugs)) all xx

I get a little freaked when I am around too many people as well. I think a lot of it is the noise level.:rose:

Whine alert

Crowds - yea. Not keen on them :-\
But anyway, I went to KT Tunstall's gig last night: smallish venue, managed to get a seat up front but I didn't persuade anyone to come with me. I really wanted to see her live.

So a couple came and sat by me and I thought 'Oh that's good' - couples are always safer and the woman sat next to me. Then with trips to the bar they swapped over and they were drinking quite a bit. First off he drum-rolled on my knee as the first song started and I thought 'k... maybe he's just over-excited' but he kept grabbing at my leg and leaning against me until one point when he went to grab my leg again I held his arm 'What are you doing?!' which resulted in him spilling some of his beer on his shirt - then he looks at me as if it was my fucking fault. So by then I'm angry - his gf was doing nothing and I looked back to see if I could move but of course the place was rammed. So I spent the whole gig with leaning away from him, with my coat on my lap in case I had to make a run for it and all I could think about was this fucking asshole. He ruined the show for me.

I dashed out as soon as it finished and as I was walking away my head was spinning. Fuck - I haven't felt so confused in ages. I know this kind of thing frequently happens to cis-girls but I didn't feel like a cis-girl at all right then. My head was full of 'if I was a guy that wouldn't have happened' but I didn't know how to handle it as a girl. I didn't have anyone to talk to about it and if I speak to one of my girlfriends they'll just shrug and say 'welcome to the club' or something.

Any advice appreciated.
Sorry - it sounds pathetic but it really upset me :(

Geez, what a jerk! I think you handled it well, but maybe should have been a bit firmer when you grabbed his arm.....like broken it!!! Too bad you didn't ask his GF to trade places with you. I'm sorry your night was screwed up by this guy.

Crowds - yea. Not keen on them :-\
But anyway, I went to KT Tunstall's gig last night: smallish venue, managed to get a seat up front but I didn't persuade anyone to come with me. I really wanted to see her live.

So a couple came and sat by me and I thought 'Oh that's good' - couples are always safer and the woman sat next to me. Then with trips to the bar they swapped over and they were drinking quite a bit. First off he drum-rolled on my knee as the first song started and I thought 'k... maybe he's just over-excited' but he kept grabbing at my leg and leaning against me until one point when he went to grab my leg again I held his arm 'What are you doing?!' which resulted in him spilling some of his beer on his shirt - then he looks at me as if it was my fucking fault. So by then I'm angry - his gf was doing nothing and I looked back to see if I could move but of course the place was rammed. So I spent the whole gig with leaning away from him, with my coat on my lap in case I had to make a run for it and all I could think about was this fucking asshole. He ruined the show for me.

I dashed out as soon as it finished and as I was walking away my head was spinning. Fuck - I haven't felt so confused in ages. I know this kind of thing frequently happens to cis-girls but I didn't feel like a cis-girl at all right then. My head was full of 'if I was a guy that wouldn't have happened' but I didn't know how to handle it as a girl. I didn't have anyone to talk to about it and if I speak to one of my girlfriends they'll just shrug and say 'welcome to the club' or something.

Any advice appreciated.
Sorry - it sounds pathetic but it really upset me :(

Don't apologize the guy was a jerk. I am sorry he ruined the show for you. There is nothing wrong with asserting yourself. I have problems with men and my girlfriends have similar reaction, "welcome to our world" Sociopaths always project outward and nothing is ever their fault. They do not take responsibility for any situation always externalizing their issues blaming everyone else but themselves.
*hugs*:rose:
Gia

Thanks V... But asserting just means drawing more attention to yourself - which I dread. You know the thing I hated was the tangible sense of power-playing? I felt he knew there were no other seats.... anyways... water under the bridge.
Hey I wonder if Silky made it back from Glastonbury ok? At least the weather was kind to them this year. Update imminent I hope?

Thanks V... But asserting just means drawing more attention to yourself - which I dread. You know the thing I hated was the tangible sense of power-playing? I felt he knew there were no other seats.... anyways... water under the bridge.
Hey I wonder if Silky made it back from Glastonbury ok? At least the weather was kind to them this year. Update imminent I hope?

Yes I made it back late last night, done nothing but sleep and laundry since I returned. Had a fabulous time, got VIP'd into all the best clubs so must have looked fab in the outfits I wore, I certainly felt it, though after walking 50 miles around the site in heels, my feet could do with a rub or amputation :)

As usual sleep was in short supply, but I went there to dance not to sleep, and did till beyond dawn daily, ended up performing on stage a couple of times too, which was fun.:kiss:

Met so many wonderful people, and made many happy memories, I will post a pic or two when I have had some rest:rose:

Hope you all had a great World Pride Day:rose:

mood: tired but happy

wearing: red satin

music: Rolling Stones - Glastonbury Girl

StickyGirl, I did have a drunk girl grab at my crutch at Glasto to check, I was a guy, silly bitch almost got ripped apart by the 3 girls I was with who took exception to her antics. The club security threw her arse out!

StickyGirl, I did have a drunk girl grab at my crutch at Glasto to check, I was a guy, silly bitch almost got ripped apart by the 3 girls I was with who took exception to her antics. The club security threw her arse out!
Yea - Crocodile Dundee has a lot to answer for... I've put that evening behind me now. It helped to share it here rather than bottling it up so thanks again for the kind replies: it helped :heart:

I watched loads on TV ( the easy way to see Glasto!! ) but found Bastille - where have they been all my life?? Then Daughter's show on the John Peel stage - she's so cute: one day Elena will realise they are famous and loved, but I hope that won't change her music because her lyrics are just the best.
It must have been such a relief that the weather was kind. Fingers crossed for my bimble to Larmer Tree. It looks so quaint by comparison but I think I want that - lots of family friendly stuff plus.... KT Tunstall ... again... like you do :) :)

Bastille were really good on the Peel stage, spent most of Friday in there watching good up and coming bands. I don't worry about the weather at festivals, I pack sun cream and riding boots, don't do wellies so unstylish :rolleyes: Small festivals rock, I have a few of those to attend through the summer.:rose:

feeling really down with post glasto and burlesque show blues, today not normal for me, though a few days resting will do my body good, my brain is screaming for activity.
I am so crap at being idle, so have pottered around today, glitter chicing my boring dining table and have repainted the bathroom, though it needs another coat.:kiss::rose:

mood: restless

music: Cure - Staring At The Sea

wearing: black satin and red lace chemise and shorts

Last edited:
Hey peeps.

Sorry to hear about that difficult evening, Stickygirl... :(
You... repainted the bathroom just because you can't sit still, naughtyinsilk? I wish we could swap'n'trade some lethargy versus restlessness, cause I can't get shit done even if I had to. :/

Here's some random snippets of my week:

Today I'm all mushy over my parents. Biked there after getting a new passport (major travel up ahead!) and I spent some time with them in their vegetable garden, uprooting potato plants. Addictive. 'One more, and then we're done.' 'O.k., well, let's do one more.'

I got an invitation to a bachelor's party of one of my ex-roommates. The boys' one. I've attended two of those boys' bachelor parties before this one, including a cringeworthy-meets-interesting visit to a strip club. Apparently, even though these guys are quite oblivious in the gender department, I'm still one of the guys. But this time I need a suit! Dammit, a suit, for this body, for a reasonable price. Where to get it?

Oh hang on Ally... this rings a bell... oh no, I remember - there was a UK trans boy looking for a suit for a wedding and I suggested one of the hire places ( Moss Bros ) because of the prob with m/f proportions. They often sell off their stock to keep it fresh. Maybe you have something there? Or second-hand shops ( that's what we call em ). Same old tale huh - sizes for the wrong damned gender

Hey peeps.

Sorry to hear about that difficult evening, Stickygirl... :(
You... repainted the bathroom just because you can't sit still, naughtyinsilk? I wish we could swap'n'trade some lethargy versus restlessness, cause I can't get shit done even if I had to. :/

I got an invitation to a bachelor's party of one of my ex-roommates. The boys' one. I've attended two of those boys' bachelor parties before this one, including a cringeworthy-meets-interesting visit to a strip club. Apparently, even though these guys are quite oblivious in the gender department, I'm still one of the guys. But this time I need a suit! Dammit, a suit, for this body, for a reasonable price. Where to get it?

Hi Sticky, Hi AYB, Hi vibers:kiss:

I am just terrible at doing nothing, I like to always have projects on the go to occupy me, I am like a slinky ferret with ADHD :)

Today I have spent writing monologues for a new character in the show, its been flowing easily for once.

As for suits it will depend on you size, some teenagers suits if they fit will adapt better than mens, especially if your not broad shouldered.
Check out ebay and order a few cheap things to see what suits you, then use that knowledge to buy a quality one.

mood: creative

music: Rod Stewart

wearing: black satin

Wow - what a weekend! Not quite up to Olympic standards but great all the same. Plus I managed to go dingy sailing today. Yay! Bit hot though: must have drunk 4li of water, now topped off by a lipsmacking supper and a re-run of Star Wars. I'm such a nerd huh?
Underwear - none but modesty preserved by skirt
Music : da da da di da dah etc
Mood - lethargic and hot

Hey, those are interesting ideas - i'll check whether there's something like the rental suit sale thing here or I could try e-bay. There's also some ridiculously cheap second hand church stores here, maybe they carry some formalwear, or, whatever these villagers think is formalwear anyways :rolleyes:

Alas, though I am a sucker for the teenage boy look and own a ton of shirts, caps and jeans, actual teenage boy clothes are not an option for me. Broad shoulders, quite some arm muscles, C-cup and matching behind... I'm a freaky mix of curvy and butch. Oh well, it has its charm.

See you had a great weekend, stickygirl! Thought probably not even close to your climate, it's sunny here as well, finally! The Netherlands didn't really have spring this year. Cold, cold, cold, rain, hail, rain, rain, cloudy - ohwaitit'ssummer...

Wow - what a weekend! Not quite up to Olympic standards but great all the same. Plus I managed to go dingy sailing today. Yay! Bit hot though: must have drunk 4li of water, now topped off by a lipsmacking supper and a re-run of Star Wars. I'm such a nerd huh?
Underwear - none but modesty preserved by skirt
Music : da da da di da dah etc
Mood - lethargic and hot

sounds fun, living on the coast this weekend I saw many people out rowing and sailing in the sunshine.

Allyourbase, don't envy your clothes shopping, it must be hard to marry the image you have in your head with whats available. Good luck I hope you find something you love wearing.

I have been on a diet a while now and have lost a fair bit of weight which means that some of my favourite frocks and corsets no longer fit me properly but I have decided to hang off replacing my wardrobe for a little longer while I slim down to a uk 12, though with a corset on now I can achieve a comfortable 24" waist for the evening.

My weekend consisted of mainly scriptwriting and choreography was, a weekend when creativity was flowing, wrote 2 full shows including costume requirements and music sourcing, wish it was always that easy. Didn't get much sleep as brain wouldn't switch off.

music: The Automatic - not accepted anywhere

mood: tired but restless

wearing: Red and white polkadot Vivien Of Holloway, sweetheart dress and red heels

sounds fun, living on the coast this weekend I saw many people out rowing and sailing in the sunshine.

Allyourbase, don't envy your clothes shopping, it must be hard to marry the image you have in your head with whats available. Good luck I hope you find something you love wearing.

I have been on a diet a while now and have lost a fair bit of weight which means that some of my favourite frocks and corsets no longer fit me properly but I have decided to hang off replacing my wardrobe for a little longer while I slim down to a uk 12, though with a corset on now I can achieve a comfortable 24" waist for the evening.

My weekend consisted of mainly scriptwriting and choreography was, a weekend when creativity was flowing, wrote 2 full shows including costume requirements and music sourcing, wish it was always that easy. Didn't get much sleep as brain wouldn't switch off.

music: The Automatic - not accepted anywhere

mood: tired but restless

wearing: Red and white polkadot Vivien Of Holloway, sweetheart dress and red heels

Oh hey, I missed this one! Sorry. :rose:

I've had no-succes part1 and 2: thrift shop and trying on some suits of my dad. Tomorrow part 3, a second hand store.

And yeah, it's marrying the image in my head to the body I have, I guess. I have the weirdest thing, some days: on good days I see something that is not there, an androgynous, slender, tall-ish, muscled person. Which is weird, because the body that IS there, is curvy and buff and short, and *right in front of my face*. There is some mental disconnect going on there, that nobody I told this ever got. Hell, I don't even get it.

I always tell people I don't have much body dysphoria, since I don't have a specific gender related body dysphoria. I don't particularly hate my tits or cunt, they're just there, I dunno. But I say that assuming everyone has issues with their body to some extent, at least a lot of women do. I mean, why else the whole 'omg i am fat in this pants' thing that is all over? Which means everone has *some* degree of dysphoria, right? Or different kinds. Like KoPilot, with size. Or when you get older, and your aged body doesn't match with your mind. Recently, I started thinking that what is dysphoria and what isn't is quite a complicated thing, really. Need to look at that some more.

What are your experiences?

How's your weekends, people? Here it's VERY hot. Not getting much done because of that.

Oh hey, I missed this one! Sorry. :rose:

............Or when you get older, and your aged body doesn't match with your mind. Recently, I started thinking that what is dysphoria and what isn't is quite a complicated thing, really. Need to look at that some more.

What are your experiences?

How's your weekends, people? Here it's VERY hot. Not getting much done because of that.

hiya hun:rose:

Hiya Vibers:kiss:

I love the heat, and its Regatta week here, so have spent a lot of this weekend on the beach enjoying watching the sailing etc.

Well I will be hitting 50 next year, and I must say that the gap between whats in the head and in the mirror has increased a lot in recent years. I am very happy with what I see in the mirror bodywise from the neck down, a lifetime of dancing while avoiding the gym has kept my body young, and looking youthful, even my hands don't betray my age. As for the face, well sadly it does show there, my nose for some reason in recent years has grown and I hate it to the point that, up till a couple of years ago I would not have ever considered a nose job, but now feel, it wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. The wrinkles round my eyes, well I may have less than my comtemparies but have to accept them, I cannot hide from the aging process, even though I would like to.
Generally people think I am 10 years younger than I am, and old school friends, bitch about the fact they now look so much older than me, and that they have little hair left, fortunately hair loss is something that hasn't affected me even with the decades of hair dyeing mine has suffered.

In my head I am still mid 20s, alas the body doesn't match that. But to hell with it I still have a lot of fun!:rose::rose:

mood: thoughtful

wearing: vintage (ie old) 1976 Damned Tour Tshirt

music: Marian Call - Zombie Cheerleading Camp Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back