Architect of raid which killed bin Laden incinerates con artist

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
This is probably considered an appeal to authority, but considering what this guy achieved in his life, it's worth it.

Washington (CNN) Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven said of Trump.

"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be," he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

Full text of his opinion:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/revoke-my-security-clearance-too-mr-president/2018/08/16/8b149b02-a178-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4eab54b8d32e
 
UPDATE

Retired Admiral McRaven resigned from the Pentagon's Defense Innovation Board last month, just days after issuing a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, the Pentagon confirmed Thursday.

The Defense Innovation Board serves as an independent advisory committee to the Pentagon specializing in issues related to technology and innovation. McRaven's picture has been removed from the group's website.

While his departure was first reported by Defense News on Thursday, the Pentagon confirmed that McRaven officially resigned last month, just four days after the he authored a blistering op-ed in the Washington Post slamming Trump's decision to revoke Brennan's clearance.

When the con artist went off on a tangent to supposedly revoke the security clearance of former CIA head John Brennan, McRaven had this to say:

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.​

Looks like he stood by his words. He's not helping the con artist use Russia to take down this country. Now we'll see what lie the con artist will use to revoke McRaven's clearance and show us once again how he treats the military.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/mcraven-pentagon-advisory-board-trump/index.html
 
Back
Top