Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, thought i'd drop in and say hello. I'm 51 and English (londoner). It's growing colder and we're due a bit of snow next week, but nothing like some of america's been hit with.

I'm single, twice divorced after 2 long term marriages, and enjoying being in charge of my own life for a change. :)

Hi there 56, married from Shropshire. I hope you are well, and smow free.

Hi there 56, married from Shropshire. I hope you are well, and smow free.
^
hello again here :D

yeah, no snow here. just grey, cold and damp. i fell over too often with the icy pavements last time to be looking forward to any more.

you guys due some more, do you know?

Best offer I've had in awhile. :D

Everything's pretty clear, just extremely cold, wind chills in the single digits. FLA sounds good!

Well right now we are expecting some cold temps this week - in the 30s - which for us is pretty cold....

But not to worry - pretty soon it will be warm again and my garden will get planted early -

Hope all you guys in snow are keeping safe -

Hello to you all, I just staggered past the half century. Wondering if I can tolerate another 50 years:D

I live in the north west of England where it is, today at least, cold windy & grey.

Well right now we are expecting some cold temps this week - in the 30s - which for us is pretty cold....

But not to worry - pretty soon it will be warm again and my garden will get planted early -

Thanks. :)

Calling for another 6-12" tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

We have friends in central FL. Did you get to see the space shuttle take off this morning?

temps

Need someone to keep me warm, 40's here now and 30's tonight. cold and wet.

Good Morning all. My office is closed today so I am off. I guess this makes up for wasting my Sunday shoveling all of that snow. lol. Lot of folks here from England. I love a woman with an English Accent. Yummm.

Did a lot of shoveling yesterday but I feel good. Not too sore at all but could still a backrub. :D

Hope everybody has a great day.

we here in NJ have 14 inches on the ground, it could have been worst like Baltimore...

Thanks. :)

Calling for another 6-12" tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

We have friends in central FL. Did you get to see the space shuttle take off this morning?

I could not believe that the shuttle did not wake me up. However, I have been at hospital with a sick grandson for two days so I was exhausted and obviously needed to sleep. Seeing as how the shuttle is right in my front yard practically- and it's loud - I must have been zonked. And the night launches are awesome to see.

Hmmm another 6-12 inches of snow? Dang!!!!

Need someone to keep me warm, 40's here now and 30's tonight. cold and wet.

Don't you just hate cold and wet? Cold I can take but the constant rain or clouds -

But it'll get warm soon enough but one can always use a warm body (even in summer when you crank up the A/C)

I saw the shuttle launch with John Glenn. It was an amazing sight but I was across the water at the Nasa Tourist center so I could not really hear or feel anything. I could hear the flames crackling a few times but I wanted to feel the earth shake and feel the deep base from the launch. Wish I could have gotten closer.

I saw the shuttle launch with John Glenn. It was an amazing sight but I was across the water at the Nasa Tourist center so I could not really hear or feel anything. I could hear the flames crackling a few times but I wanted to feel the earth shake and feel the deep base from the launch. Wish I could have gotten closer.

It is awesome to hear the rumble, windows rattle and the earth shake a little - and this is after the shuttle is in air so it's like twice the fun - seeing it lift off and then feeling the rumble. I try to watch every one - you usually can't miss the noise - and I certainly remember where I was and exactly what I was doing when the shuttle exploded. The shuttle program will definitely be missed and our town is about to get a whole lot smaller without NASA.

I could not believe that the shuttle did not wake me up. However, I have been at hospital with a sick grandson for two days so I was exhausted and obviously needed to sleep. Seeing as how the shuttle is right in my front yard practically- and it's loud - I must have been zonked. And the night launches are awesome to see.

Hmmm another 6-12 inches of snow? Dang!!!!

Sorry to hear about your grandson. :(

It is awesome to hear the rumble, windows rattle and the earth shake a little - and this is after the shuttle is in air so it's like twice the fun - seeing it lift off and then feeling the rumble. I try to watch every one - you usually can't miss the noise - and I certainly remember where I was and exactly what I was doing when the shuttle exploded. The shuttle program will definitely be missed and our town is about to get a whole lot smaller without NASA.

NASA is one of the few govt-run programs I think is worthwhile. The technology
that comes out of that program is fantastic.

mwmnpa i agree with you on Nasa, the govt needs to put more effort into this type of science

New to all of this, so be kind. 58 and married to a great guy. Here because I work with women all day every day and want some male conversation and opinions.

mwmnpa i agree with you on Nasa, the govt needs to put more effort into this type of science

unfortunately I believe the US is on a slow decline. China, India and other countries are increasing their spending on technology to improve the future of their country while we decrease ours. We are in serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back